PDA

View Full Version : Would you have liked the Next Mutation if Venus hadn't been?

MC
07-19-2004, 06:11 PM
Most people list Venus as the reason they hate TNM. I personally didn't mind Venus' character. Not to say I loved it,but still. I disliked the stupid scripts, bad acting, etc. What about others?

Mondo J. Gecko
07-19-2004, 06:14 PM
:|
Wow... thats an interesting question... its a tough question to answer too... I always have hated venus, I blame her for the Turtles downfall (her and the third movie) ... I think I still wouldn't have liked TNM, even if Venus wasn't in it... but you never know... it would have been a whole different show without venus in it.... hmmm, good question!
:)

KROW
07-19-2004, 06:23 PM
Nah, I didn't think it mattered. I thought Venus was a cool concept.

TheRATKING
07-19-2004, 07:32 PM
venus was a big problem but i dont think it would have been that much better

Kazari
07-19-2004, 07:46 PM
I dunno about that either. I REALLY could not stand NM Leo or Mikey. I thought Don was pretty cute in NM and I didn't mind Raph. But YES Venus was annoying! I think I may have tried to watch the show more if she wasn't in the show but I really think they should have made Leo more like himself and toned Mikey down some too!

ZariusTwo
07-19-2004, 07:46 PM
Yeah, the general scripts were pathetic, even IF Venus had not been included, it would'nt have improved, it did'nt have to make use of Power Rangers style villains called Dragon Lord, but I suppose that is the reason Saban decided to use him.

TMNT is NOT Power Rangers, it was stupid to even try and pander the franchise to that audience, because it does'nt work, it had no direction, and it wasted too many episodes on that STUPID Vampire and even more pathetic clip shows.

kitsunepixie
07-19-2004, 08:29 PM
I haven't seen NM, but how did they make Leo and Mikey act in it??

malignant
07-19-2004, 08:32 PM
Yep. Although Venus is the worst idea ever involved in the history of TMNT....

NM sucked as a whole. Her not being there wouldnt have made it any better i don't think. Ok, a little... :evilgrin:

Spitfire
07-19-2004, 08:47 PM
Venus helped me hate it. Bad costumes, lame concepts, horrible villians, bad plot(Shredder just comes back to life wtf???) and worst of all they teamed up with the power rangers

ZariusTwo
07-19-2004, 08:58 PM
Venus helped me hate it. Bad costumes, lame concepts, horrible villians, bad plot(Shredder just comes back to life wtf???) and worst of all they teamed up with the power rangers

The other around for me, being one of the few Power Rangers fans here I was insulted the NEXT MUTATION TURLTES teamed up with them

Tetsu Deinonychus
07-19-2004, 09:02 PM
I didn't like Venus, but I still would have hated the show without her.
At least NM was better than Old-toon seasons 9-10, but not by much.

Ryona
07-19-2004, 09:23 PM
Well... In the begining I was glad that the TMNT was back on T.V. though I didn't like their pro-wrestler appearance. I never had anything against Venus, but she never really interested me either. I eventualy lost interest in the series at the end of the first season. There was a couple of reasons why I lost interest, but I don't think that Venus was one of the reasons. It was simply too fake and theatrical looking; kinda like watching a bunch of cosplayers on stage do some kind of dull, irritating skit that they put together in 15 minutes.

Ya know, writing this kinda makes me miss Jarrah. He's a cool guy, just a little eccentric. :cry:

malignant
07-19-2004, 09:25 PM
Well... In the begining I was glad that the TMNT was back on T.V. though I didn't like their pro-wrestler appearance.

Hey !...don't diss Pro wrestlers like that... :P

KROW
07-19-2004, 09:41 PM
Yeah! Pro wrestlers are much more real and...

...Did I just say "real"?

JaffleMan
07-19-2004, 09:48 PM
Venus could have worked as a non-main character (at most 2 episodes for how long the series ran for) but as a main character she helped destroy TNM. Even without her I think TNM would have failed but at least the toyline would have been all right. I mean TNM figures were pretty cool but on display you have to have all 5 turtles there to have it complete and venus just ruins the whole show.

Kazari
07-19-2004, 10:13 PM
Well Leo was like almost as bad as Mikey! Just sometimes he reminded me of a really bad Mike Myers Turtle! LOL Mike was a teenager but a VERY annoying teenager! Don was actually pretty funny! He was crossed between old school Don and movie Don! Raph still had the bad attitude!

Yeah I wanted the TMNT to kick the PR's butts not TEAM up with them and the whole idea of making them turn evil was really lame! Course MIkey comes on to all the PR girls!:P

Barkworm
07-19-2004, 11:00 PM
Most people list Venus as the reason they hate TNM. I personally didn't mind Venus' character. Not to say I loved it,but still. I disliked the stupid scripts, bad acting, etc. What about others?
Jarrah, is that you again?

Mike Bock
07-20-2004, 12:14 AM
Nah,I don't think Venus had all the fault but yeah I hate her. :dead: The show was simply stupid, that show is a TMNT good memories destroyer. Very goofy. :dead:

Shreddette
07-20-2004, 11:37 AM
Nah,I don't think Venus had all the fault but yeah I hate her. :dead: The show was simply stupid, that show is a TMNT good memories destroyer. Very goofy. :dead:

Yah... I hated the very commercials for it. I think I may have watched but 5 minutes of it before I became disgusted. It was too ridiculous and seemed to be making fun of itself too much. I mean there's nothing wrong with making fun of itself but the way they did it was just terrible. Venus is a slap in the face to turtle fans.

I don't know how I'd feel if she wasn't in it. The first movie was the only good one of any of them so after that I was always more and more disappointed that they didn't pick up the slack and make a better damn movie than the last. You'd think they'd learn. :|

Well... In the begining I was glad that the TMNT was back on T.V. though I didn't like their pro-wrestler appearance.

Wha? What about them was pro-wrestlerish?

We need screenshots. SCREENSHOTS!!! :evilgrin:

Crap, I'm starting to think about Kurt Angle in his unitard for some reason. AAAGH!!! Make it stop!

Kali
07-20-2004, 12:00 PM
If taking Venus out was the only thing they changed, meaning they kept the costumes, writers, director, sound effects people, etc. I don't think it would have been any more popular. The stories would be quite different, of course, Shredder would probably be the main villain. But there were bigger problems than a poorly written and forced character.

I for one like TNM, but I honestly don't think I would have liked it as much if it didn't involve Venus and mysticism. But that's just me.

That Matt Guy
07-20-2004, 04:22 PM
Jarrah, is that you again?

It's got to be. Look at all of his posts.

GK Punk
07-20-2004, 04:34 PM
..Different IP adress and Country code. >_<
If it Is him, he's done an excellent job covering his tracks...

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-20-2004, 06:23 PM

I thought Venus was annoying with saying stuff like your home is from the toylet, I thought Venus was both annoying and cool.

I just didn't like the acting of the villians and it wasn't the same without shredder. It just did not live up to both animated series. BUT THE SERIES WAS OK, bUT I DON"T KNOW WHY THE SERIES ONLY LASTED 9 months. WHAT I DID NOT LIKE WAS THE NEVER SAID WHETHER IT (THE NEXT MUTATION) was in its own universe or continued from the movies and had no april.

Ryona
07-20-2004, 06:32 PM
I see it as being it's own universe. It had some simularities to the movie universe but I don't see it as being connected.

ZariusTwo
07-20-2004, 07:12 PM
BUT THE SERIES WAS OK, bUT I DON"T KNOW WHY THE SERIES ONLY LASTED 9 months..

Because it was b*llocks?

KROW
07-20-2004, 07:16 PM
Or maybe it was because they did that crossover with the Power Rangers? :lol:

Ryona
07-20-2004, 07:19 PM

Because it was b*llocks?

I think that's a bit harsh, ZariusTwo :sweatdro: , It wasn't "crap" as you put it; it was just not as good as it could have been. It should have been made as a continuation from the movies (that means original uniforms instead of their tacky pro-wrestler appearence, Super-Shredder, Mikey with nunchaku, more seriousness and less sillyness).

ZariusTwo
07-20-2004, 07:23 PM

Because it was b*llocks?

I think that's a bit harsh, ZariusTwo :sweatdro: , It wasn't "crap" as you put it; it was just not as good as it could have been. It should have been made as a continuation from the movies (that means original uniforms instead of their tacky pro-wrestler appearence, Super-shredder, Mikey with nunchaku, more seriousness and less sillyness).

I did'nt say it was crap...

...I said it was b*llocks :lol:

Anyway, your opinion, I respect that

Zelda
07-20-2004, 07:35 PM
I remember when the show came on I was super excited about it, I hadn't heard about TMNT coming back and just flipped a channel to it... I kept TRYING to give it a chance, and even tried to watch it 'just because it was turtles' but no... it was just bad.

I don't think Venus was the whole problem. She had the potential to be interesting--but I agree, not as a central character. Someone as frequent as April or less, NOT as a set with the guys. They also made her too stupid. She could have been an interesting character but...she was just too dumb, too many 'can't speak english right' jokes that just got annoying. I thought the mysticism twist was interesting though.

I think the main problem with TNM was HORRIBLY HORRIBLY BAD SCRIPTS. On top of bad costuming (but TV shows have lower budget than movies so it's at least excusable), poor acting (I can't remember the guy's voices/personalities much...but dragonlord or whoever just made me CRINGE EVERY TIME), etc. Yeah. Very bad scripts...ew. Just a whole lot of poor choices rolled into one.

And I remember their bandanas were all torn up...why? o.o

(But I still think the theme song is catchy... can't beat the original by a longshot, but I still sing it ^_^ )

Ryona
07-20-2004, 08:00 PM
I totally agree with what you said, Zelda.

On a side note, if that's you in your avatar, I gotta say, you're quite cute :anime: .

MC
07-20-2004, 08:44 PM
I find it quite amusing that people think I am Jarrah White in disguise!

However, that is not the case. Matthew 138, why do you think that, because of my posts, I must be Jarrah? I know I started up a thread asking why he got banned, but that was just out of curiosity. I said I didn't like The Next Mutation, but that Venus wasn't the problem. As I'm sure we all know, Jarrah LOVED everything about Next Mutation!

I guess it is kind of coincidental that I arrive as soon as he's kicked out...but there you go.

By the way, I plan to ask, in the comics forum, "Would you have liked Image had the TMNT not been disfigured?". I know Jarrah loved Image, and so did I, but this is just a coincidence!

By the way, Zaurius Two, you have quoted me as saying "Why did Next Mutation only last nine months?", or something like that. I'm afraid it wasn't me who said that...

That Matt Guy
07-20-2004, 09:39 PM
People have come back before and pretended to be someone new. Nobody wants another incident like that to happen again.

MC
07-20-2004, 10:10 PM
What I meant, Matthew, is what is it about my posts that made you suggest I was Jarrah?

Buslady
07-20-2004, 10:21 PM

G'day Jarrah...damn it's obvious....

yeah I *know* I'm assuming...so sue me.

malignant
07-20-2004, 10:22 PM
Pfft...its so Jarrah...

ban him ! :evilgrin:

MC
07-20-2004, 10:46 PM
Seriously, I am not Jarrah! At first I was amused, but now it is frustrating. How can I prove myself?

Ryona
07-21-2004, 12:13 AM
I appologize on behalf of those who are teasing you MC. Some members are less behaved than others. Please, enjoy yourself here in the Technodrome :) . Oh, and it's probably a good idea to drop off an intro in the Introduction forum.

^_^

Barkworm
07-21-2004, 12:17 AM
Come on, you arrive at the same time he gets banned, you ask about why he got banned and say that you found his fights with Zarius very amusing. You also start topics about stuff Jarrah liked (just writing you didn't like the plots isn't really proof, you know). So you've been lurking these forums for months or what? Either you are Jarrah or you are a Jarrah fanboy. :lol:

Spitfire
07-21-2004, 12:22 AM
Seriously, I am not Jarrah! At first I was amused, but now it is frustrating. How can I prove myself?
You dont have to prove anything its obvious that if Krang was going to ban Jarrah it would be a IP ban therefore Jarrah couldnt even see the board. The mods and the admins can see your IP and know that your's and Jarrah's dont match. Its painfully obvious that you are not him but like Ryo said some people cant drop the fact that hes gone and LEAVE HIM ALONE.
So from me Welcome to the forums, happy to see and hopefully get to know another turtles fan, if you want anything ask me I make a varity of things.
Back on topic!
Even though I dont like this show I would find it intresting if they released it on DVD. I wouldnt buy it but I would like to see how it would sell to todays youth. I bet a bunch of kids would buy it and either be dissappointed or think its the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Ryona
07-21-2004, 12:24 AM
Come on, you arrive at the same time he gets banned, you ask about why he got banned and say that you found his fights with Zarius very amusing. You also start topics about stuff Jarrah liked (just writing you didn't like the plots isn't really proof, you know). So you've been lurking these forums for months or what? Either you are Jarrah or you are a Jarrah fanboy. :lol:

Let's not jump to assumptions. Assuming makes an ass out of anyone. You make some good points but you can't start pointing your finger like that. Please, show a little respect.

Ryona
07-21-2004, 12:27 AM
You dont have to prove anything its obvious that if Krang was going to ban Jarrah it would be a IP ban therefore Jarrah couldnt even see the board. The mods and the admins can see your IP and know that your's and Jarrah's dont match. Its painfully obvious that you are not him but like Ryo said some people cant drop the fact that hes gone and LEAVE HIM ALONE.
So from me Welcome to the forums, happy to see and hopefully get to know another turtles fan, if you want anything ask me I make a varity of things.

Well said, Spitfire666xXxXx.

That Matt Guy
07-21-2004, 01:49 AM

I believe you.

Case closed.

Everyone shut up.

Peanut
07-21-2004, 02:29 AM
Hahahahahaha!

GK Punk
07-21-2004, 04:36 AM
Hey MC, what country are you in?

Buslady
07-21-2004, 06:47 AM

Heh...Im wrong assuming you were Jarrah..it's just you show up just as he gets banned and ask a Venus thing...he's a Venus obsessive, worse than me and my Raph obsession-my obessesion is for different reasons, not to jump in bed with him like Jarrah seemed to wanna do with Venus! heheh

Welcome to the 'Drome dude...have fun.

MC
07-21-2004, 06:47 AM
I am from Ireland, Dublin to be precise. I think I may be the only other "Paddy" here, apart from The Hedge, and I don't think he posts here very often, does he?

By the way, Grunger Kittie, I have always wondered...who is Don Vito?

ZariusTwo
07-21-2004, 07:05 AM
It sometimes DOES occur that IPs can differ if they use a different e-mail account...

Not pointing fingers, I've been banned from certain forums before and I was able to get back simply by switching to another e-mail account

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-21-2004, 08:27 AM
I did not mind the crossover. It wasn't that bad. It was creative to put both of the most recent extremly popular tv shows in one episode (hence the turtles being most popular in late 1980s/early 1990s and power rangers, which replaced turtles, being the most popular in mid 1990s). I have never seen that before (putting the most recent popular tv shows in one ep). What did all of you think of that ep?

cqb101
07-21-2004, 08:34 AM
It woulda been BETTER without Venus, but I still wouldn't have liked it.

Raven
07-21-2004, 08:42 AM
i think if they changed a few things (like the sound effects), and changed venus a little it could of been better, like have her actually fight instead of saying somthing and trowing some tyoe of engery ball at the enemy.

MC
07-21-2004, 09:27 AM
I think NM would have sucked with or without Venus. There was an episode where she didn't feature- and it was still of an appalling standard. A couple of NM episodes didn't feature all five TMNT....

By the way, thanks for everyone's welcomes!

Zelda
07-21-2004, 09:37 AM
I totally agree with what you said, Zelda.

On a side note, if that's you in your avatar, I gotta say, you're quite cute :anime: .

:tanime: Yah, that's me...thanks :tanime: ...I don't know any other girls who'd pose with a Mikey plushie and a nerf gun... I WISH I DID! :P Geez, even the guys I know offline aren't much into nerf and turtles :sleep:

I think I'm glad I missed the Power Rangers team-up thing... eeek...never been a fan of them.

Drtooth
07-21-2004, 09:48 AM
I will be one of the many! I would have liked the show had it not been for the "bussed-in" character of Venus. Political correctness gone to far. Plus... I wasn't too crazy about Master Splinter being trapped in another dimention...

chibi max
07-21-2004, 10:11 AM
i didn't seen NM (i mean the hole episode. i just had watch it for an 1min. or 2 then i had set it off.), but i have seen some things of it and read of her. but if you look at it what there saying about there, is she very anyoning. But it's an good name to use in an fic. and you change the charcater.

Mobius One
07-21-2004, 10:30 AM
No, I hated how the Turtles looked in that show. It wasn't just Venus (which I hated also anyways) and plus, it was by SABAN. Power Rangers were so bad. (Except for the FIRST year that they were on)

Zachatello00
07-21-2004, 11:13 AM
What can I say that hasn't been said a hundred times before? The reason that i disliked Venus is that she was so out of touch. Well, that's one reason I disliked Venus. Saying things like "peice of Pie and Slice of cake" just got on my nerves. :x

Wow, it's weird bashing Venus with friends without the one voice who supported her.

BTW, welcome to the boards MC

ZariusTwo
07-21-2004, 11:30 AM
No, I hated how the Turtles looked in that show. It wasn't just Venus (which I hated also anyways) and plus, it was by SABAN. Power Rangers were so bad. (Except for the FIRST year that they were on)

WATCH IT, there are Power Rangers fans here, let's just keep on topic, it's getting dangerously close to a P.R bashing thread now...

The team up itself was pretty badly written anyway, Judd Lynn usually writes excellent episodes, but he could'nt do anything with the Turtles

Anarky
07-21-2004, 11:33 AM
I've only seen one or two eps in german... never really liked it. that turtle-feeling just didn't come up...

and as for PR, I never liked that show, but then stumbled over Ninja Storm, which made me a fan. now I'm watching Dino Thunder . Genius, pure genius.

EDIT: ... we do need a PR topic over at the GD forums

ZariusTwo
07-21-2004, 11:40 AM
I've only seen one or two eps in german... never really liked it. that turtle-feeling just didn't come up...

and as for PR, I never liked that show, but then stumbled over Ninja Storm, which made me a fan. now I'm watching Dino Thunder . Genius, pure genius.

EDIT: ... we do need a PR topic over at the GD forums

I agree, just make sure the ignorant twats don't start saying crap like "Oh it Sux, lol, it was bad" they don't know a damn thing.

Anarky
07-21-2004, 11:57 AM
Why don't you come over too? :D then you could be the reliable source of PR-info...

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Well, Foot Clan Major's take on this is the Turtles: the Next Mutation was THE WORST representation of the turtles. :x

I would also state that it was created by SABAN, the unadulterated masters of weak storylines. Just look at the first Power Rangers Season, every week it was a witch shouting "GROW, GROW"!!!

It was a little WORSER than the THIRD TMNT movie, with more lacklustre fighting, cartoonish sound effects and cringeworthy material.

What i despise about it, is in one episode Shredder is made to look like an ALSO-RAN, a WIMP and a JOBBER. The Foot Clan were blubbering idiots in it. :evil:

Venus was an original idea, but i don't think she was the main cause of the rot. It's just BAD TASTE TV.

Such a shame as they made the sewer much like the one in TMNT 2 and 3, yet bad editing and storylines.

And WOW! Some members in here get famous and well-known like Jarrah? Wonder if i will become famous or popular?

You make Jarrah sound like a Technodrome Forum celebrity. Any other Technodrome Forum celebrities???

ZariusTwo
07-21-2004, 12:04 PM
Why don't you come over too? :D then you could be the reliable source of PR-info...

Heh Heh, sure thing

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Well, Foot Clan Major's take on this is the Turtles: the Next Mutation was THE WORST representation of the turtles. :x

I would also state that it was created by SABAN, the unadulterated masters of weak storylines. Just look at the first Power Rangers Season, every week it was a witch shouting "GROW, GROW"!!!

It was a little WORSER than the THIRD TMNT movie, with more lacklustre fighting, cartoonish sound effects and cringeworthy material.

What i despise about it, is in one episode Shredder is made to look like an ALSO-RAN, a WIMP and a JOBBER. The Foot Clan were blubbering idiots in it. :evil:

Venus was an original idea, but i don't think she was the main cause of the rot. It's just BAD TASTE TV.

Such a shame as they made the sewer much like the one in TMNT 2 and 3, yet bad editing and storylines.

And WOW! Some members in here get famous and well-known like Jarrah? Wonder if i will become famous or popular?

You make Jarrah sound like a Technodrome Forum celebrity. Any other Technodrome Forum celebrities???

I thought that the shredder they had was just awful because of his acting. The foot were idiots, like when shredder yelled at a foot clan soilder about the training of the foot soilders and ask what did the turtle have a pink flower when one said but the rat had a stick. That was wierd when shredder mutered to himself but the rat had a stick and laughed, and called 2 of the foot soilders that failed bumbling idiots or something like that and stop their wimpering as they were wimpering and repeated just what shredder was saying to them when they were grovling to him. I like the movie and new and old toon shredder better than this one.

What do you mean about shredder as a jobber, the one where he was found on the streets. That ep was not really a comback for shredder since he did not have his uniform. it was amusing on that ep when shredder yelled in their faces and the turtles were grossed out because of his breath.

Anarky
07-21-2004, 12:42 PM

Heh Heh, sure thing

OK, I'll let you the honor of opening the PR-thread, since you're the big expert :D

Spitfire
07-21-2004, 12:52 PM
It sometimes DOES occur that IPs can differ if they use a different e-mail account...

Not pointing fingers, I've been banned from certain forums before and I was able to get back simply by switching to another e-mail account
Theres two kinds of Ban theres regular ban then theres IP ban. If you were IP banned the only way you could re-join or even see the forum would be to call up your internet provider and give them a damn good reason to your IP. Hackers tend to change their IPs alot If you can re-join a forum by just entering a new email adress your account was just banned not your IP.
I know this because I used to work on many many many forums :P

Zachatello00
07-21-2004, 01:28 PM
Goin' back to the Ranger thing for just a moment, does anyone know of a good PR forum?

I'm with ZariusTwo. Rangers rock, don't knock 'em.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-21-2004, 01:31 PM
Goin' back to the Ranger thing for just a moment, does anyone know of a good PR forum?

I'm with ZariusTwo. Rangers rock, don't knock 'em. I"m goin' back to my Tommy avitar for a while to show my support :D

go on www.rangercentral.com and go on rangerboard

Zachatello00
07-21-2004, 02:20 PM
yeah, i know Rangerboard, I just don't like it that well. The people there are just.... well they're mean.

Shreddette
07-21-2004, 03:24 PM
Heh... I looked up pics for TNM which were scarce to find but-- damn, did they ever look wrestler-ish.

That's so... horrible.

DrSpengler
07-21-2004, 03:55 PM
The Next Mutation followed the movie timeline, right?

I watched it maybe twice back in the day, and I rememebr them living in the same abandoned subway station from the second and third movie. That and the fact the show was live action and all.

I never got to see any of the Shredder episodes. The Shredder, in any form, is always worth watching. Plus it's good to see he survived the peir falling on him. C'mon, that wouldn't kill anyone, especially not a mutagen-enhanced Super Shredder.

But then I was reading the ep reviews at the official site and read that he turns good? And becomes a hobo or something? Weak.

Oh, and if Venus was at least hot and had a personality I might not have deemed her crap after only 2 episodes.

Spitfire
07-21-2004, 04:41 PM
They didnt explain how Shredder came back and when he did he was just a normal human again. They also beat him in the first episode I only saw him in two episodes....

DrSpengler
07-21-2004, 04:42 PM
I guess the Mutagen just wore off or something. Was he still all scarred to Hell like in the second movie?

cqb101
07-21-2004, 05:25 PM

I watched it maybe twice back in the day, and I rememebr them living in the same abandoned subway station from the second and third movie. That and the fact the show was live action and all.

I never got to see any of the Shredder episodes. The Shredder, in any form, is always worth watching. Plus it's good to see he survived the peir falling on him. C'mon, that wouldn't kill anyone, especially not a mutagen-enhanced Super Shredder.

But then I was reading the ep reviews at the official site and read that he turns good? And becomes a hobo or something? Weak.

Oh, and if Venus was at least hot and had a personality I might not have deemed her crap after only 2 episodes.

Actuallym it was never specified what universe it's suppose to take after....Although I guess it's kinda just assumed that it takes place after the movies. But in reality the only reason they used the subway set was because it was easier to use that one than just build a whole new one.

ZariusTwo
07-21-2004, 05:25 PM
No, the Next Mutation never followed the movie timeline

DrSpengler
07-21-2004, 05:27 PM

Do you know this for sure or are you only saying that because you hate Next Mutationa nd love the movies?

cqb101
07-21-2004, 05:52 PM

Do you know this for sure or are you only saying that because you hate Next Mutationa nd love the movies?

He's saying it because there's nothing saying they're connected to the movies.

DrSpengler
07-21-2004, 05:55 PM
I'd just think it was obvious, with the subway set being from the movies and the fact that the show's live action and all. That's the impression I always got.

But I guess since there was no opening narration explaining to the masses "Following the events of Ninja Turtles 3..." everyone's left to draw their own conclusions.

cqb101
07-21-2004, 06:12 PM
I'd just think it was obvious, with the subway set being from the movies and the fact that the show's live action and all. That's the impression I always got.

But I guess since there was no opening narration explaining to the masses "Following the events of Ninja Turtles 3..." everyone's left to draw their own conclusions.

And as I said before, they used the subway set because it was already there....They didn't have to build or desing their own. They took the cheap way out.

MrPliggins
07-21-2004, 08:16 PM
I thought Next Mutation was ok at the time....cuz anything Turtles was really scarce back then. Didn't like the idea of Venus, but I dunno...I still time-taped all the shows, so I guess that says something...

Looking back, it is definitely my least favorite Turtles show. But it's kind of cool that Turtles actually had three different shows.... it's getting up there with Scooby Doo.....you have your hits and misses. nt tnm is what it is.. without Venus, it would still have corny sfx and bad mouth movements, cardboard stories, etc. But there is still something enjoyable buried there somewhere...

Spitfire
07-21-2004, 09:01 PM
I guess the Mutagen just wore off or something. Was he still all scarred to Hell like in the second movie?
Yeah I always wondered why he didnt have any scars........Oh well it was a cheap show and everyone paid for in the end, Didnt the creators appolgize for Venus?

Coola Yagami
07-21-2004, 09:04 PM
From the episode summaries and stuff I read, Shredder was a jobber. A jobber is some guy that has fame of being tough that goes down easy to make some new guy look good. Killer Croc jobbed to make Bane look good. Juggernaut jobbed to Gladiator to make him look good. Freeza jobbed to Trunks to make him look good as well as make the upcoming Androids seems more threatening. And from what I read, Shredder jobbed to make Venus look good.

The thing about him yelling at his foot soldiers is due to them not being able to have Bebop and Rocksteady in the show, so they made his foot soldiers into idiots instead. The lines about the turtle with the flower and the rat with the stick sounded very stupid though as Shredder should damn know by now that the TMNT use ninja weapons and stuff, especially since the first eps look like a 'finally defeated shredder after all this time' kinda deal.

Ryan
07-21-2004, 09:18 PM
I extremly biased when it comes to the Turtles... Regardless of what some people think of the Next Mutation, I love it. I can not blame the creators for adding Venus, she helped reach a new audience... girls. icky, icky, girls. :D

Ryan

DrSpengler
07-21-2004, 09:26 PM
What I want to know is what everyone thought of the customized "Bandanas"? I don't remember too well, but didn't Leo have the traditional bandana, Raph had the "gangsta" bandana, Don had like a ski-mask thing goin' on and Mike had something else?

I dunno. IMO, it looked kind of stupid. I guess it was just another way to make each turtle more of an individual.

Shreddette
07-21-2004, 09:32 PM
What I want to know is what everyone thought of the customized "Bandanas"? I don't remember too well, but didn't Leo have the traditional bandana, Raph had the "gangsta" bandana, Don had like a ski-mask thing goin' on and Mike had something else?

I dunno. IMO, it looked kind of stupid. I guess it was just another way to make each turtle more of an individual.
Ha, yea they totally tried to give each bandana a personality accent to the characters and it didn't really work, in my eyes.
Of course I am biased.

Bang bang
my baby
shot me...
down. :sleep:
:shredder:

Kazari
07-21-2004, 09:40 PM
i think the different bandanas were really lame. their personality make them individuals not their bandanas *smacks the writers*

GK Punk
07-21-2004, 11:03 PM

Well, Having a different ISP Is one thing, but Jarrah is from Australia, and has an Australian ISP. MC is from Ireland, and has an Ireland ISP, that points specifically to Dublin. I seriously doubt it's the same person. I checked :wink:

Don Vito is the Uncle of a Pro Skater named Bam Margera. He's kind of an idiot, and that's the joke of my sig :lol:

Ryona
07-21-2004, 11:55 PM
I just have to say, I love your avatar, Grunger Kittie! Very beautiful.
I also like the "a.k.a. Random Hero" under your name. That's cute and clever. :anime:

That Matt Guy
07-22-2004, 02:21 AM
So... Dublin, huh?

Spitfire
07-22-2004, 03:09 AM

Well, Having a different ISP Is one thing, but Jarrah is from Australia, and has an Australian ISP. MC is from Ireland, and has an Ireland ISP, that points specifically to Dublin. I seriously doubt it's the same person. I checked :wink:

Don Vito is the Uncle of a Pro Skater named Bam Margera. He's kind of an idiot, and that's the joke of my sig :lol:
Thank you for actually looking Im glad some mod tookt he time to check into it :D

Zachatello00
07-22-2004, 09:15 AM

I wondered about this too, and since opinions are so diverse on the subject, I went straight to the source and emailed Dan Berger, he said thus:

Howdy Zach,

> Several fellow TMNT fans and I were curious as to whether or not the
> Next Mutation was supposed to have followed the movie story line. I
> thought that it was, given that the subway set was used and the
> remarks Shredder made about Splinter's ear being sliced, but was just
> curious on what was official on that.

The effort was made to use elements from past TMNT projects to give the
show a sense of history amidst all the new developments.

Thanks for writing!

Cheers!
Dan Berger
Mirage Studios' Official Web Dude
http://www.ninjaturtles.com

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-22-2004, 11:57 AM

I could not see how shredder did not survive the peir collapsing. Maybe that caused him to just loose his enhenced powers (being super shredder) and recouperate during the turtles 3 time and have to get new armor, the armor that he is wearing in Next mutation. So maybe the next mutation did take place years after the movies. I could not understand why no april or casey. maybe they got married and moved away. MAybe that was why they were not in the show. And maybe when shredder rebuilt the foot after being crushed by the peir, tatsu, thinking shredder did perish, moved on to japan, maybe thats why no tatsu.

Shredder becomes a hobo in the enemy of my enemy, that ep that aired May 14, 1998, because his foot clan was destroyed in east meets west part 2 by the turtles and he looses his armor due to venus telling him who he is. Shredder did not exactly turn good, splinter brought shredder (now just oroko saki) to the lair, and shredder agreed to help them clean up, and he was after the golden shrulikin or something like that and saved splinter from dragonlord but stole the golden shrulkin from splinter in the end and was unlocking its powers in the end while giving an evil laugh. They never showed what happened to that.

One said one ep did not feature venus. Which one? A lot of my friends at summer camp thought the show was bad and one even called it that short lived series.

DrSpengler
07-22-2004, 12:29 PM
Zachatello00, thanks. I guess that answers that. :)

And yeah, there's a million different explainations we could come up with to figure out what happened between TMNT 2 and Next Mutation. Personally, I think the show might've been better had Shredder stuck around longer.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-22-2004, 01:35 PM
I agree that shredder should have stayed longer, but it would have been better if he had better acting. The next mutation shredder was just awful, in terms of acting and his looks. I thought the next mutation series was in between medium and poor and venus acted stupid, like hot cold? or home is in the toilet? and her magic messing up.

Zelda
07-22-2004, 04:40 PM
I didn't like the bandana thing. It potentially could have been pulled off...but it just didn't work. Besides, there are way too many other ways that the guys can show they have different personalities and I think the colors alone are a good enough seperation between the bandanas.

I also remember there being a lot of slapstick just dumb jokes... bad guys running into each other over and over again and not realising what they were doing or whatever. And I can't stand slapstick XD unless it's done uniquely.

KROW
07-22-2004, 07:00 PM
I think the idea of Venus is the same as Shredder being an Utrom. Both make the stories interesting and both are ridiculous, respectively.

DrSpengler
07-22-2004, 07:33 PM
As far as acting and writing is concerned this IS Saban, the people who brought you Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Did anyone really expect A-quality material and casting for this show?

To be honest, the only way this show could've turned out good is if anyone BUT Saban had handled it.

Zachatello00
07-22-2004, 07:36 PM
I think the idea of Venus is the same as Shredder being an Utrom.
Maybe Venus was an Utrom :lol:

KROW
07-22-2004, 07:51 PM
As far as acting and writing is concerned this IS Saban, the people who brought you Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Did anyone really expect A-quality material and casting for this show?

To be honest, the only way this show could've turned out good is if anyone BUT Saban had handled it.

Exactly.

And that was funny as hell, Zachatello!

Zachatello00
07-22-2004, 10:46 PM
Your too kind my friend, too kind.

That Matt Guy
07-25-2004, 04:47 AM
That's right he's too kind. Can you please lower it down a little bit? Right now you are at a 9, we need you at about a 3.

Zachatello00
07-25-2004, 05:29 AM
What's that quote from, I've heard that before.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2004, 09:01 AM
As far as acting and writing is concerned this IS Saban, the people who brought you Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Did anyone really expect A-quality material and casting for this show.

V.R Troopers had EXCELLENT writing, so did Power Rangers EVENTUALLY, ever seen Season Three?

No, I don't suppose you have, you just see one early episode and say "OMG, THIS SUckZ, LOL, ROTFL"

I'm sick of the stick Power Rangers and other Saban shows get from the mainstream, they don't know anything other than what they saw from the earlier seasons, which are not even as bad as you're making them out to be.

Saban did'nt know how to do a franchise right when it came to something like the Turtles...and yeah, he screwed up with Mystic Knights as well, but when he gets a show right, he gets it RIGHT.

Power Rangers is still on, it's one of the higest rated shows on ABC Family, it's more mature now than it's ever been, it's pitiful the mainstream still does'nt think that way.

KROW
07-25-2004, 09:14 AM
My brother still watches the Power Rangers. Whenever he's over at my house, he watches the show when it's on. I get stuck watching it with him and I have to wonder: Through all the years of the show's existence, why do the Rangers have such awkward battle scenes? When they talk they over-gesticulate and always seem to not know what to do against the same old enemies. It's what, half a dozen against one? And I think the acting is too over-dramatic. It feels like a soap opera at times.

But I do admit that the Zord sequences are pretty damn decent.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2004, 11:04 AM
My brother still watches the Power Rangers. Whenever he's over at my house, he watches the show when it's on. I get stuck watching it with him and I have to wonder: Through all the years of the show's existence, why do the Rangers have such awkward battle scenes? When they talk they over-gesticulate and always seem to not know what to do against the same old enemies.

Maybye that's because it's a different Monster every week, and if there brought back occasionly, it might be with new powers or abilities, there ALIEN, an unknown adversary, the Rangers have to be cautious.

Like I said, it's pretty easy to think of a million reasons Next Mutation sucked, but to bring down quality shows like Power Rangers just to make that point is just biased and stupid.

KROW
07-25-2004, 11:14 AM
Good point. But I'm not bringing down either show. I'm just stating observations. Try not to be so touchy. I'm not a hater of the Rangers. They're just not my thing, is all.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2004, 11:59 AM
Good point. But I'm not bringing down either show. I'm just stating observations. Try not to be so touchy. I'm not a hater of the Rangers. They're just not my thing, is all.

Nah, I'm not mad at you

KROW
07-25-2004, 12:03 PM
Cool, dude.

MC
07-25-2004, 02:44 PM
Wow, I never thought people were so defensive of their favourite shows! We are talking about children's shows after all! I liked some of the Power Rangers episodes when I was younger, but then I felt it went downhill. Is it against the rules of this site to say that Wild Force is an awful programme?

I got a free D.V.D. of WF and I laughed at how bad it was! But of course, if others find it entertaining that's fine.

KROW
07-25-2004, 02:50 PM
I thought that Time Force was pretty weak. But I'm not one to talk. I don't follow the Rangers. I did watch it when it first aired and I liked it a little. My favorite character at that time was "Tommy" who was the Green Ranger, then the White Ranger, then the Red Ranger. I know he's back again in the latest installment of PR and it almost makes me want to watch the show again...almost. I think "Tommy" is the best character of the entire series.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2004, 03:31 PM
Let's get back on topic, I only brought up Power Rangers because Spengler tried to suggest that EVERYTHING Saban has done sucked, and that's not true at all.

As for Wild Force, yeah, the acting on that season was ABYSMAL, seriously, it can convince any new P.R Fan to stop watching the show, but the STORY was good, a very underated season.

Time Force was excellent, prehaps one of the most dramatic P.R seasons of all time, it dealt with racist issues...

DrSpengler
07-25-2004, 03:56 PM
As far as acting and writing is concerned this IS Saban, the people who brought you Power Rangers, Big Bad Beetleborgs and VR Troopers. Did anyone really expect A-quality material and casting for this show.

V.R Troopers had EXCELLENT writing, so did Power Rangers EVENTUALLY, ever seen Season Three?

No, I don't suppose you have, you just see one early episode and say "OMG, THIS SUckZ, LOL, ROTFL"

I'm sick of the stick Power Rangers and other Saban shows get from the mainstream, they don't know anything other than what they saw from the earlier seasons, which are not even as bad as you're making them out to be.

Saban did'nt know how to do a franchise right when it came to something like the Turtles...and yeah, he screwed up with Mystic Knights as well, but when he gets a show right, he gets it RIGHT.

Power Rangers is still on, it's one of the higest rated shows on ABC Family, it's more mature now than it's ever been, it's pitiful the mainstream still does'nt think that way.

Calm down, buddy. You seem to have this way of only stating your opinions through flames. Try a little bit harder to be civil. You just might like it.

I watched Power Rangers on through about season 4 (whenever that Clock guy left). And in retrospect I don't think the show was very good at all. Perhaps the reason the show is so mature NOW is because it's fanbase has grown up along with the program? So in order to keep their fans interested they market the show toward a more intelligent audience? Possibly.

But no. I don't watch it now. 4 seasons of stupid jokes stolen from a looney tunes act, repetetive battles, alternating villains that were all exactly the same and antics I'd be embarassed if people knew I watched them was enough for me. As were the other Saban shows at the time that catered to the lowest common denominator. Like Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Sure, not EVERY Saban show was bad. A blind squirrel's bound to find a nut sooner or later. I don't think they can consistantly make bad television. And yep, the show's still going strong after all these years. But so are shows like Pokemon, and that's hardly a shining becon of intelligence.

So perhaps Saban has gotten it's act together now. But at the time of Next Mutation all they were churning out was crap, so it would stand to reason that Next Mutation would be just that. Crap. And it was.

MC
07-25-2004, 04:14 PM
Yeah, Wild Force was terrible! I stopped watching the Power Rangers when I was about 11. I felt it was going downhill, I stopped about five months bfore Zeo started (That was the first P.R. spin-off, wasn't it?). Of course, I was probably just growing out of it as well.

Since then, the only full episodes that I have seen were episodes one and two of Wild Force. Holy mackerel, they were awful! The acting was disgraceful. I know you don't exactly expect to see Brando on a kid's show, but you would imagine they could have hired some more competent actors. I have seen bits and pieces of various P.R. shows, but they never sustained my interest. I would really like to see that Power Rangers/ Ninja Turtles crossover, though. I have a feeling it's absolutely abysmal, but I would like to see it all the same!

KROW
07-25-2004, 06:04 PM
I've never seen Wild Force before. But I saw the commercials and promos and thought that it was the end of the PR franchise. That they were fading away. I never knew it would be worse than Time Force.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2004, 08:19 PM
[quote="ZariusTwo"][quote=DrSpengler]As were the other Saban shows at the time that catered to the lowest common denominator. Like Big Bad Beetleborgs.

Sure, not EVERY Saban show was bad. A blind squirrel's bound to find a nut sooner or later. I don't think they can consistantly make bad television. And yep, the show's still going strong after all these years. But so are shows like Pokemon, and that's hardly a shining becon of intelligence.

So perhaps Saban has gotten it's act together now. But at the time of Next Mutation all they were churning out was crap, so it would stand to reason that Next Mutation would be just that. Crap. And it was.

1. Saban does'nt produce Power Ranbgers anymore, Village Roadshow does

2. Your opinion, I respect that, but P.R is NOT the "lame, joke stealing show" you think it is, those four seasons had good story-arcs, I could easily something negative about a certain other show we watch, but I won't, that's not fair, and I respect you as a fellow fan

3. Beetleborgs is badly underated, and I'm not ashamed to admit I LIKED it to anyone

4. Pokemon Advance (the current season) is pretty good, nothing like the filler crap we got for three years courtesy of the Johto seasons.

5. I did agree with you about Next Mutation: Saban screwed up BIG TIME there.

ZariusTwo
07-25-2004, 08:24 PM
I've never seen Wild Force before. But I saw the commercials and promos and thought that it was the end of the PR franchise. That they were fading away. I never knew it would be worse than Time Force.

Tme Force deserves no knocking whatsoever, and Wild Force features "Forever Red", which was a tenth anniversay team up episode featuring ALL Ten Red Rangers.

KROW
07-25-2004, 08:35 PM
Now "Forever Red" I liked.

Leonardo_the_sword_master
07-25-2004, 08:48 PM
well form my prospective i think Venus is AWESOMLY ON FIRE 8)

KROW
07-25-2004, 08:54 PM
Uh, oh. Get him, people. :lol:

MC
07-26-2004, 08:14 AM
Zaurius, were both Jason and Rocky, the first two red rangers, in "Forever Red"? I would actually like to see that. Even though I don't like Power Rangers, I think it's great that there is such a great continuity, even after ten years of the show! Like the return of Tommy, even though I'm sure most Power Rangers fans are too young to remember him as the Green Ranger. That's quite cool! I love when little nuggets from the past return!

DrSpengler
07-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Tme Force deserves no knocking whatsoever, and Wild Force features "Forever Red", which was a tenth anniversay team up episode featuring ALL Ten Red Rangers.

Now THAT actually sounds pretty cool. Though when I was a kid the Green Ranger was always my favorite.