PDA

View Full Version : Krang in Combat with the Turtles, a COOL Moment!!

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-25-2004, 05:19 AM
One of my most memorable moments of the TMNT cartoon, is that rare moment where Krang actually FIGHTS against 2 of the turtle's, Michaelangelo and Donatello, in "The Big Break-In"!!

I remembered for years before seeing it again in 2002! It stayed in my mind, because for most of the time in the 88 and 89 Season Krang would sit on his butt in the technodrome while Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady did all the dirty work!

That's why in 1992, when i saw it, it was so exciting because Krang seemed almost untouchable to the turtle's!

I remember Krang trying to batter them with a spiked ball and chain in 92, but in the one i've got taped, it's been cut out! Rotton BBC!!

But i do see that cool bit where Michaelangelo flips the android body over and them messes up his wiring, leaving him in fits on the floor!!

It's also funny when Michaelangelo says he's breakdancing!! Ha Ha! It was the only time there was this actual showdown face-to-face in the whole 88 and 89 Season!!

I do know in the 87 Season Krang enlarges himself in NYC and the turtle's battle to shrink him down.

I think it was good to keep Krang steered away from the turtles for the most part, because when they did come into battle, they were big events.

Jasta3xB
07-25-2004, 12:00 PM
he always stayed in the technodrome for the simplest reason. If you were just a brain, would you try and fight people? I mean couldnt ya just get stepped on and your done for? What if he fell out the body? Ka-Splizzat!!!

Jephael
07-25-2004, 12:07 PM
I always wondered why Krang never had some kind of glass door installed onto the suit, like the one the action figure version of the android body had for him. That way he could've been more involved without fear of falling out or anything like that.

Another good episode where Krang battled the TMNT was "Turtles on Trial" when the turtles were being interviewed by that jerkwad who had been badmouthing them on his talk show. Then Krang came busting in with that souped up military weopen.

THE-X-FLO
07-25-2004, 01:17 PM
Krang fighting the Turtles were really the best TMNT moments for me.. The big boss finally deciding to act by himself..

Another episode where Krang uses a giant robot to destroy the Turtles was the first episode with Casey Jones, if I'm correct.

Anarky
07-25-2004, 01:39 PM
Those were indeed special moments. I always was thrilled when I finally saw the mind behind the schemes carrying out the brilliant plans. I always had this thought in the back of my head: "Maybe he'll win" Especially in Turtles on Trial. Man, that episode is 1) my favourite ep and 2) still thrills me whenever I see it.

I remember that one day, I was in like third grade and I sat there watching the Krangazoids-episode. I thought: "one Krang is bad enough, but more of them... the TMNT are doomed" I sat there watching, not trying to blink, not trying to do anything that could cause the slightest distraction... Those were the days... :D

Ryona
07-25-2004, 03:32 PM
I love watching Krang fight. He seems like an unstoppable force.

:khappy:

Deathknight
07-25-2004, 03:44 PM
He also fights Leonardo in Super Irma and Splinter in Shredder Triumphant.

Leonardo_the_sword_master
07-25-2004, 07:25 PM
SOUNDS RADICLEY COOL. Hope i see it some day.

MrPliggins
07-25-2004, 07:48 PM
Don't forget guys, Krangenstein Lives! ....The molecular amplification unit (oddly forgotten about since episode 5) is finally put into play again. This episode is pretty cool because Shredder loses his memory and gets a job. LOL

DrSpengler
07-26-2004, 11:29 AM
He also tried to fight them in the second Japanese OVA. The TMNT are running up a flight of stairs and he pops out of a dimensional gateway to try and catch them off guard. They just jump over his head. Him and Splinter briefly went at it in the first OVA, but it quickly ended by a flood of water.

In "Shredded and Splintered" Krang with his functioning robot body seemed like a pretty tough adversary to the TMNT. A shame they never had him fight more often. In the NES games he was always one of my favorite bosses (mostly because of his theme music :) ). I especially liked him in TMNT 3 when his body would seperate at the midsection and his feet would run around trying to kick you while his floating torso would try to crush you with a mallet.

dmbturtle
07-27-2004, 02:26 AM
isnt Krangs theme music from the nes gams and arcade taken from the cartoon? i think it was but not sure... anyway yeah krangs theme music is kinda catchy lol

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
07-27-2004, 03:37 AM
Krang's theme song in the arcade game is the same one in the cartoon, and one of the best in the game. :)

It's like when Krang is on a power trip or feeling invincible when this song hits in the cartoon.

I remember when Casey Jones faced off against Krang in the Knucklehead machine, but it's the hand-to-hand combat with Krang that intrigues me.

Jephael
07-27-2004, 08:31 AM
Pretty ironic concept, considering he doesn't really have hands.

dmbturtle
07-27-2004, 10:41 AM
Krangs theme song first plays in a slow mix when we first see him in the second epidosde-- then when hes big in the shredder is splintered.. and the turtles fight him it plays in the cartoon almost exactly like it does when u fight him in the arcade.. i think they even used had a Krangs- theme REMIX (lol) in invasion of the krangazoids.. one of the last times the cartoon used krangs theme..
damn its catchy now its in my head..

daaa-daaa-daaa-da-da-daaaa-daaa-daaa-da-da-daaa-daaaa-daaa...
lol

Deathknight
07-27-2004, 01:47 PM
Edit: alright I didn't read the entire post, I was tired :)

DrSpengler
07-27-2004, 02:08 PM
No, it first plays in Enter The Shredder when you first see him actually.

That's what he said.

"Krangs theme song first plays in a slow mix when we first see him in the second epidosde"

Orochi Chimera
07-27-2004, 05:57 PM
I have to rewatch these episodes. I vaguely remember some of these things.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
07-27-2004, 09:42 PM
One of my most memorable moments of the TMNT cartoon, is that rare moment where Krang actually FIGHTS against 2 of the turtle's, Michaelangelo and Donatello, in "The Big Break-In"!!

I remembered for years before seeing it again in 2002! It stayed in my mind, because for most of the time in the 88 and 89 Season Krang would sit on his butt in the technodrome while Shredder, Bebop and Rocksteady did all the dirty work!

That's why in 1992, when i saw it, it was so exciting because Krang seemed almost untouchable to the turtle's!

I remember Krang trying to batter them with a spiked ball and chain in 92, but in the one i've got taped, it's been cut out! Rotton BBC!!

But i do see that cool bit where Michaelangelo flips the android body over and them messes up his wiring, leaving him in fits on the floor!!

It's also funny when Michaelangelo says he's breakdancing!! Ha Ha! It was the only time there was this actual showdown face-to-face in the whole 88 and 89 Season!!

I do know in the 87 Season Krang enlarges himself in NYC and the turtle's battle to shrink him down.

I think it was good to keep Krang steered away from the turtles for the most part, because when they did come into battle, they were big events.

I enjoyed the battle in Shredder and splintered of where krang battles the turtles and trashes new york city, but sadly had to call on shredder for help when he returned to normal size and when shredder got there to help krang he was fighting them with weapon hands. Krang just expects Shredder to his bidding and is a stuck in the mud bad guy (one that just watches the plans, but does nothing). I barley remember krang fighting the turtles in the big break in. ALL I remember in the big break in, I saw the ep it has been probably 12 or 13 years since i last saw it, was the minuturizer shrinking the military ships down, the turtles almost being hit by the miniturizer and saying they are about to be 4 small turtles, april's van being in the path of the technodrome, the technodrome getting to the surface, the technodrome being shrunk down and falling into the ground and the technodrome getting back to its normal size in the end. But what did krang do when he fought the turtles? COuld someone refresh my memory. KRang did battle the turltes in turtle trail, but not in his robotic body, but in a rebotic thing like robocop, I never saw the movie but reconized the design from the kenner toy guide, and baxter's exosuit in return to new york part 2 and 3, but only brefily, but the turtles outsmarted him by knocking down the robotic body. I never saw the 92 season(which is when I stopped watching the series). jephael I remember krang facing the turtles in casey jones the outlaw hero(even though it has been well over a decade since i last saw it).

Coola Yagami
07-27-2004, 10:31 PM
well krang said something like 'going someplace turtles? I'd be happy to DRIVE you!', and turned his hands into pistons, which he slammed into Mike. After a bit, he turned his hands into spikeball on chains and whipped the tmnt around a bit. then i think Mikey held Krang while Don messed up his controls making him fidget and spasm on the ground. Mikey made some breakdancing joke. Later when the Shredder finds him, they fix him up. I remember Krang or someone saying 'that's much better' and rocksteady saying 'i don't know.. you had some pretty good moves before'. lol

CyberCubed
11-05-2020, 01:04 PM
I always loved the episodes where Krang actually fought with the Turtles in the original cartoon because it was rare. Krang would usually stay behind in the Technodrome when Shredder/Bebop/Rocksteady went to Earth so he didn't always come into contact with the Turtles.

In the episodes where either the Turtles went to the Technodrome or he went to Earth, I always loved the fight scenes he had with them. I wish we saw Krang in action more often.

FredWolfLeonardo
11-05-2020, 03:21 PM
Krang also usually held the best track record against the turtles in terms of close combat.

Bebop and Rocksteady were almost always defeated with ease, Shredder was defeated easily around half the time, but Krang usually held his own in most encounters.