PDA

View Full Version : Stomach Virus

Areku
08-27-2004, 06:44 PM
Sorry that it doesn't have anything to do with TMNT, but I couldn't find any other place to put it.

Yeah. You read right. My school got hit by a bad virus that started by Lake Erie (sp?) in Ohio. I felt fine at the beginning of school, but into 3rd and 4th period, I felt a bit sick. I was hangin' out at the office (I wasn't in trouble...really) and I heard all the call-ins from the parents and stuff. At least 25+ called in sick that morning. During the rest of the morning and into the afternoon, kids just kept getting sick (I mean, vomiting...the works). They tested the waters and that wasn't it and they tried the food, but that still wasn't it. Altogether, 100+ kids went home sick that day, both the HS and elementary. I had to go home at the end of school instead of going to my golf match cause I felt sick (the team had to forfeit since we didn't have enough players ).
But...at least we had some laughs. My Piano and Keyboarding class sat there and renamed famous classical pieces, ex: Dance of the Sugar 'Flush' Fairies, Beethoven's 5th 'Flush', and 'Flush' from the Four 'Toilets'. The whole story started when one of my friends said she heard three guys vomiting at once in the bathroom as she walked by (that means they all flushed one after another).
The story ended up on the news and even on the front page of the Journal Gazette (Fort Wayne's newspaper).
The funny thing is, other than the Caston School District in Fulton County (who resulted in about 75 sick kids), no other schools around ours got the virus. It was a really weird and crazy day.

BTW, that's part of the reason I haven't been here in a while (that and golf practice).

Leonardo_the_sword_master
08-27-2004, 06:47 PM
WOW :teek: that is amazing :teek: man.

avervisal
08-27-2004, 07:06 PM
lol that's pretty interesting i must say...how did the virus not spread?

Areku
08-27-2004, 07:10 PM
Whaddya mean?

EDIT: Meh...I get it. LoL..sorry. I'm really tired (aka...I'm really slow right now :wink: )

zkarlette
08-27-2004, 07:15 PM
Great you are back ,I really hope you are feeling better now :)

Areku
08-27-2004, 07:19 PM
I am, thanks.

KROW
08-27-2004, 08:11 PM
I blame the cafeteria food.

Areku
08-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Well, that's what most people would say, but most people that were sick didn't even eat the caf food.

cqb101
08-27-2004, 08:24 PM
This thread is off-topic and will be locked....just giving you a heads up. If you wanna discuss stuff like this, register at the GD-forums.

KROW
08-27-2004, 08:28 PM
This thread is giving cqb the stomach virus.

Leonardo_the_sword_master
08-27-2004, 08:29 PM
This thread is giving cqb the stomach virus.
hehe :lol:

Kali
08-27-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah, sorry, but off-topic discussions aren't allowed here anymore. Like cqb101 said, that's what the seperate forums are for.

But I hope you feel better.