PDA

View Full Version : growing tired of it

EZweasel
09-09-2004, 01:48 PM
Hey, i know none of you have seen me on in a long time..well there is a reason. I am growing tired of ninja turtles as a whole. i still respect the new show and sometimes watch it, but i put away all my ninja turtle figures..I now collect wrestling figures and i want to devote my money to that..but it was a great time for me getting back into the ninja turtles..too bad its over.

Ryona
09-09-2004, 01:55 PM
You're saving your money for wrestling figures? I'm sorry to hear that.
Well, If you ever want to rekindle your spark for the TMNT, We'll all be here with open arms. :)

EZweasel
09-09-2004, 01:58 PM
You're saving your money for wrestling figures? I'm sorry to hear that.
Well, If you ever want to rekindle your spark for the TMNT, We'll all be here with open arms. :)

yea...The classics line of wrestlers got me hooked and they are expensive! so i need all the money i can get...I dont know why im growing tired of them. I just dont like them like i used to..

Ryona
09-09-2004, 02:02 PM
Yes, people change one way or another. It's natural. Don't worry too much about it. :)

EZweasel
09-09-2004, 02:05 PM
Yes, people change one way or another. It's natural. Don't worry too much about it. :)but i am worried, i feel bad for betraying them like that (the turtles).

Ryona
09-09-2004, 02:09 PM
Nah, you're not betraying them. You're just easing up on the fandom. It's quite fine. As long as you don't bash them or anything like that, it's no problem.

Orochi Chimera
09-09-2004, 02:10 PM
You might regain interest in them when the new season starts.

Ryona
09-09-2004, 02:15 PM

True. Nothing but reruns all summer can make a phenominon like TMNT grow kinda stale in the wait.

KROW
09-09-2004, 02:34 PM
You'll be back. Oh, yes. You will be back.

Jet-ski_Ninja
09-09-2004, 02:41 PM
Sometimes those things happen. A few years ago I got a little tired of Super Mario. :goofygri: ! But now I love those games again! :embarass:

JDavis
09-09-2004, 02:47 PM
Hey, you know you can always sell us your TMNT figures for some cash ;)

EZweasel
09-09-2004, 04:12 PM

True. Nothing but reruns all summer can make a phenominon like TMNT grow kinda stale in the wait.

i actually think thats what happened. i went without seeing something new in so long i got tired of it.

KROW
09-09-2004, 04:15 PM
See? I told you you'd be back.

EZweasel
09-09-2004, 04:21 PM
See? I told you you'd be back.

i came back to reply to my thread. not becaus of my TMNT interest. id start buying the figures again if they where of beter quality..thats another thing that turned me against it. Articulation wasnt very good and they where making inaccurate figures.

KROW
09-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Someone has no sense of humor. :-?

raphael_is_cool
09-09-2004, 04:33 PM

Whole-heartedly agree there. Over here in the UK we've had reruns since I can't remember when, we haven't even started season 2 :x . But I've become addicted to the comics now, old and new

Deathknight
09-09-2004, 05:58 PM
No offense but when it comes to reality I find the concept of the TMNT more realistic than wrestling is. Anyway, that's actually what my friend dropped the old tmnt series for. He lost interest in that and started collecting wrestling figures and such. Nothing to be ashamed of, we all have our interests. I got nothing against you unless you start bashing TMNT, especially the old toon.

leonardo13
09-09-2004, 06:18 PM
i will alway love tmnt

Emmanuel Cruz
09-09-2004, 09:15 PM
My love for TMNT died out in me as a kid, but it was re-born in me about 2 years ago because of my common trips down memory lane and the fact that the new show was coming.

TMNT FOREVER!!! (Especially Mikey :) )

-Emmanuel

EZweasel
09-09-2004, 09:56 PM
crap i forgot how good the movie is. i think the main thing im leaving is the ninja turtle figures. i can never let go of that movie.

GK Punk
09-09-2004, 10:04 PM
crap i forgot how good the movie is. i think the main thing im leaving is the ninja turtle figures. i can never let go of that movie.

You are probably just burnt out bro.
Oh and Bret Hart is doing a signing in my town next weekend. how awesome is that??

Peanut
09-09-2004, 11:04 PM
I have to admit I'm kinda feeling the same. I still have all my TMNT stuff on my walls and stuff, but this wait seems longer than the wait from last season. I haven't even bought any of the comics. I'm sure that'll all change next weekend though.

Zachatello00
09-10-2004, 12:00 PM
You guys need to take a lesson from Cleveland Browns fans. Even when the browns suck, the fans are still there cheerin'. I got no love for wrestling, and I can just about guarantee that you'll come crawling back...

I bet Raph could kick any wrestlers butt he wanted too.

KROW
09-10-2004, 02:05 PM

Not Batista. Not The Big Show, either.

ZariusTwo
09-10-2004, 02:43 PM

Triple H would hold him down just like the rest of the WWE talent...

Ryona
09-10-2004, 03:20 PM

When I first read that, I was like, no way!, but I could actualy see that happening to Raph because of his rashness and inability to focus, but there's no way that any wrestler would be able to take on Mikey, Donnie, and Leo.

KROW
09-10-2004, 03:59 PM
Actually, Ryo, Zarius was not talking about Triple H's physicality.

GK Punk
09-10-2004, 04:02 PM
Plus I don't know why you people need to turn this in to a "TMNT IS BETTER TAH TEH WWE OLOLOLOLO" Arguement.

KROW
09-10-2004, 04:05 PM
Me either. I'm just along for the ride as usual.

Ryona
09-10-2004, 04:06 PM
Oops! Sorry! My bad. :tanime:

(I don't watch wrestling so I didn't get what ZariusTwo meant. Thanks for clearing that up, KROW)

KROW
09-10-2004, 04:09 PM
No problem. I'm here to help. Most of the time. :D

XERO
09-10-2004, 04:14 PM
I'm here to help. Most of the time. :D

And other times, you need help. :P :D

KROW
09-10-2004, 04:22 PM
I am "growing tired of" this talk about my sanity, or lack thereof. :lol:

Zachatello00
09-10-2004, 05:58 PM
who's turning it into that sort of a thread? I'm just saying that this probably isn't the place to talk about not liking turtles.

NeoBix
09-10-2004, 06:06 PM
TMNT is the greatest thing ever man.. can't ever get tired of it.

ZariusTwo
09-10-2004, 06:43 PM

When I first read that, I was like, no way!, but I could actualy see that happening to Raph because of his rashness and inability to focus, but there's no way that any wrestler would be able to take on Mikey, Donnie, and Leo.

The "Triple H will hold Raph down" line was a Wrestling joke, anyone who is a wrestling fan knows that Triple H, in real life, is married to the bosses' daughter, Stephanie Mcmahon and constantly pushes himself and his freinds into the main events at the expense of superior talent.

Ryona
09-10-2004, 09:30 PM
Sorry, I don't watch wrestling.

GK Punk
09-10-2004, 09:31 PM
Sorry, I don't watch wrestling.

That's why he explained it to you :wink:

NeoBix
09-10-2004, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I don't mind if other people enjoy wrestling. They are entitled to their opinions.

Actually, what makes me mad is when someone who DOESN'T watch wrestling thinks it's cool or funny or smart to try and make fun of people who watch wrestling. That's the most annoying thing in the world. Who cares if it's fake or real. Their hobbies are their hobbies and your hobbies are your hobbies. Leave it at that, and leave people alone.

GK Punk
09-10-2004, 11:05 PM
Yeah, I don't mind if other people enjoy wrestling. They are entitled to their opinions.

Actually, what makes me mad is when someone who DOESN'T watch wrestling thinks it's cool or funny or smart to try and make fun of people who watch wrestling. That's the most annoying thing in the world. Who cares if it's fake or real. Their hobbies are their hobbies and your hobbies are your hobbies. Leave it at that, and leave people alone.

That's my biggest pet peeve. They act like we are stupid for "Thinking it's real" Even though they've admitted for almost 10 years now the results are scripted. (Sure, some of the fighting is "real" do to the fact that they can get hurt. no matter how scripted a jump off of a 30 foot ladder is, it's still going to hurt when they land)

And I mean, some would make fun of *us* for liking TMNT, who are we to make fun of others for what they like!

NeoBix
09-10-2004, 11:09 PM
Precisely, Alison. Anyone who makes fun of another because of their innocent hobbies is simply ignorant.

And yes... those 30 foot jumps look painful. lol

KROW
09-10-2004, 11:28 PM
Pro wrestling is just as cool as the turtles. They both kick ass on many different levels.

Barkworm
09-11-2004, 12:08 AM
On topic: I had that incredible little hype for the Turtles again when the new show went on air but it's over. I still read the comics, I still LOVE the first movie and I still watch the new toon (although I thought season 2 was rather disappointing) but I enjoy my "other stuff" far more. But I'm still here and will stay because I really got used to this place and the people here.

That Matt Guy
09-11-2004, 02:08 AM
I basically lost interest in TMNT months ago, but I'm still here for the people.

CylonsKlingonsDaleksOhMy
09-11-2004, 02:58 AM
My interest of the turtles waned in the mid-90s up until '99, because they weren't on tv and could not see the episodes from other seasons, however i still liked them.

But i will never be that less interested in the turtles again. I'm too loyal to now.

MC
09-11-2004, 09:22 AM
Zaurius, is Triple H married to Stephanie in real life as well? I don't watch wrestling but my brother used to like it so I would hear things about it from him from time to time. I thought the marraige was just for show, no?

Also, is your real name David Griffin Blyth?

leonardo13
09-11-2004, 09:24 AM
Turtles rock!

Machias Banshee
09-11-2004, 09:26 AM
enough, please... oh yeah... I liked Triple H until he turned evil...

Well, have fun with whatever youre doing, Weazel... :(

KROW
09-11-2004, 10:25 AM
I never grew tired of the turtles. Even when the old toon got cancelled, I would always find myself reading the comics or drawing them.

ZariusTwo
09-11-2004, 01:42 PM
Zaurius, is Triple H married to Stephanie in real life as well? I don't watch wrestling but my brother used to like it so I would hear things about it from him from time to time. I thought the marraige was just for show, no?

Also, is your real name David Griffin Blyth?

1. Triple H was dating Stephenie in real life whilst they were "married", on telivision, they were married for real in October 2003.

2. Yes it is

Jester
09-11-2004, 02:37 PM
time for jesters 2 cents. I think what ever u like is ur thing...i like TMNT and marvel comics. those are my things and i'm not ashamed....i must admit i had a falling out of tmnt around 1997-like 1999...ok so it's not that big....i moved over seas and missed the last seasons of the old show and NM...but italy did get the toys....and i bought them.....but i had a falling out...now i don't even watch the new show's reruns.....i'll pick up with season 3.....i deleted all my caps.....plasn to get DVDS but yeah...so u're burnt out....like krow said...i bet u'll be back....and if not well whatever....if the WWE's what u like.....then more powewr to ya....not my thing but it's urs i'm not there to make fun....or at least much!!!
is Hulk hogan still in the ring....adn flair???? are they still part of the new WWE???

KROW
09-11-2004, 02:42 PM
Hogan's gone. Flair's still hanging around like a bad fart.

Jester
09-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Hogan's gone. Flair's still hanging around like a bad fart.
ha.....sorry i thought that was funny...

Orochi Chimera
09-11-2004, 03:17 PM
Hogan quit to try to help his daughter become the next Britney Spears.

Jester
09-11-2004, 03:24 PM
i hope she has some tallent.....i mean she's cute...but if she has no tallent....well she'd be the next britney spears.... :D

XERO
09-11-2004, 03:26 PM
Heh. "Leg Drop me, Brother, One More Time." :lol:

[Edit: Thread cleaned up and unlocked. --Krang]

GK Punk
09-12-2004, 06:07 PM

There is actually a chance he'll come back to the WWE. say what you want about the man, He's still a Huge draw for fans. (and er, I met Bret Hart! go me!)

ZariusTwo
09-12-2004, 07:51 PM
TRIPLE H JUST REGAINED THE TITLE :x

Peanut
09-12-2004, 10:07 PM
We have a wrestling thread over in the GD if that's what everyone wants to talk about. No need to spam up the Turtles.

KROW
09-13-2004, 03:37 PM
No need to spam up the Turtles.

I liked the sound of that. It was funny. :lol:

Midnight_Tanuki
09-13-2004, 05:21 PM

Bebop: and on your pizza, we've got cheese, peperoni, anchovies..
Mike: Have you got anything without anchovies?
Rocksteady: Oh, don't cause a fuss, I'll have your anchovies, I love 'em, i'm having pizza with anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, mushrooms, and anchovies.
Foot clan: anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies!!
Mike: Shaddup!!! Bloody ninjas...
Bebop: we also have anchovy and steak that hasn't got MUCH anchovies in it
Mike: I DON'T LIKE ANCHOVIES!
foot clan: anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, AAAANCHOVIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEES!

Shredder: This mouser is no more, it has ceased to be! It is an ex-mouser!
Baxter: it's sleeping

Jester
09-14-2004, 11:46 AM

Bebop: and on your pizza, we've got cheese, peperoni, anchovies..
Mike: Have you got anything without anchovies?
Rocksteady: Oh, don't cause a fuss, I'll have your anchovies, I love 'em, i'm having pizza with anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, mushrooms, and anchovies.
Foot clan: anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies!!
Mike: Shaddup!!! Bloody ninjas...
Bebop: we also have anchovy and steak that hasn't got MUCH anchovies in it
Mike: I DON'T LIKE ANCHOVIES!
foot clan: anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, anchovies, AAAANCHOVIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEES!

Shredder: This mouser is no more, it has ceased to be! It is an ex-mouser!
Baxter: it's sleeping
Ha!!!! Monty Python!!!! "what do u mean 'UH' I don't like spam!!!!!!"
Ha......
there is a python skit that has the pope and michaelangelo......he paint's a lords supper with 3 christs.....28 disciples and a kangaroo.....

Jet-ski_Ninja
09-15-2004, 05:56 AM
I will always love the TMNT! LONG LIVE TO THE TURTLES! GOD SAVE THE TURTLES!