PDA

View Full Version : New TMNT "Big Brawl" Figures for 2005!! (Updated)

Splinter
09-17-2004, 07:00 PM
Well it seems we're getting some really great figures coming our way in 2005. A lot of often requested figures, and some that I never thought would see the light of day is coming to toy stories near us in 2005. So far we can expect a lot of figures based on the current 'Big Brawl' storyline, including Drako, Traximus, Ultimate Ninja, and the Daimyo. So far we have pictures of the following figures being confirmed:

Drako
Traximus
Ultimate Ninja
Gen
Butterfly-Swords
Dark-Assasin
Ultimate-Daimyo

Follow the link to American Dream Comics for pictures:

http://americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4420

Update:

Today the same site updated with one of the new vehicles for 2005. Zanramons Cruiser, which appeared in the Triceraton 5-parter that opened Season 2. Does this mean we might get a Zanramon figure? I sure hope so. I also hope the goofy 'Turtle' stickers are not already on the ship.

http://toynewsi.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4427

Demonfox38
09-17-2004, 07:24 PM
:sick: What did they do to Drako? >.<

On a lighter note, the Daimyo has an excellent design! Totally digging the hair! :D

Karai
09-17-2004, 07:34 PM
*dances around* Instant mood-lifter! I'm so psyched for this new line-up!

Dude.. I'd better make room on my desk for these guys... :D

Ookami Blue
09-17-2004, 07:44 PM
Gen!!!

SWEET!!

That made my night!

:tthumbsu:

KROW
09-17-2004, 08:05 PM
Traximus and Gen look friggin' awesome.

jestergoblin
09-17-2004, 08:10 PM
hmmm... real hair... meh...

I hope Ultimate Ninja's arm thing can be attatched to Leo...

Jester
09-17-2004, 08:17 PM
hey a triceraton who's horns aren't gleaming silver....but are actually ivory in color....the action button in the middle of jen's chest is kinda sad...who is butterfly swords??? the dark wariors are so gonna be the ones i buy 5 or 6 of....Daymio rox....can't wait 4 this wave!!!

Triceraton
09-17-2004, 08:21 PM
I never thought I'd see a Traximus figure in this line, even among the Triceratons the Prime Leader or Zog would've seemed like more logical figures. Still I'm not complaining, he looks good.

The one that doesn't is The Daimyo, rooted "real hair" is exactly the opposite of the animated style this line is going for. And also Butterfly-Swords looks weird, but then I have no idea who he is anyway yet, so maybe he's supposed to look like that.

KROW
09-17-2004, 08:24 PM
Isn't Butterfly-Swords one of the weirdos that is shown in The Big Brawl story?

Jester
09-17-2004, 08:26 PM
Isn't Butterfly-Swords one of the weirdos that is shown in The Big Brawl story?
must be.....but i don't remember him....wow made such a big impressio on me...now i see why playmates is makin him an action figure....he said sarcasticly...

Triceraton
09-17-2004, 09:08 PM
I assumed Butterfly-Swords had a large role in The Big Brawl part 2, 3, or 4, because why else would they make a figure of him? But then some on here have already seen those episodes, I'm sure they'd be able to confirm it or not.

Either way, it seems like a strange choice when there are better characters that could've filled that slot.

VaughnMichael
09-18-2004, 12:05 AM
Little Review of what I can see so far..but the thing to remember these are in the proto stages...so my final judgment will be held for when they come out and are in my hands...I mean everyone bitched about Baxter and I mean seeing this toy in person he's awsome looking to me.

Drako I don't know about this one yet.....it looks like the guys head splits open or something....it could just be the proto though....his color seems a bit off to me as well...It's been awhile but was he really that color...I thought he was green for some reason lol...and I guess I will have to wait and see if he wears that armor he's got on to be honest the toys are starting to look cheep to me and not very consistant with style.
I hate to complain with this line I love so much but they really need to keep the style of the toys consistant...either make them nice and paint the weapons well etc. or go back to the old ways and not at all....it just seems to me playmates half assz everything some times...but to be honest I sort of like the armot drako has on it's just a shame once again he's not in scale...

Traximus now see this one is wierd to me...it doesnt even look like a turtle figure to me...it looks like a triceraton but it looks like it belongs in that fisher price marvel heros kids line....he looks really short the coloring on this one is perfect...but he just seems a bit short and the paint they used seems differnt or something i don't the sculpt looks realy round or something...I like him though the more triceratons the better I always say...I still think we deserve a ZOG toy though.

Ultimate Ninja This one I like quite a bit playmates actully kinda made me want a toy of a crappy character (in my opinion anyways)...
his colors are almost perfect..not a bad sculpt at all either...nice weapon..nice masks.......but one complaint this line is starting to give me thise really cheap feeling again...I don't know what it is...perhaps the non flat plastic they are using...it's reminding me of the power rangers toys....or like a lower version of the dragon ball z toys...I don't know the line just seems to be going down in quaility.....I'd rather have a few new characters and a buncha turtles and have them all look good then a half as atempt to give us all the wierd characters at one time...I mean I don't see why the toys can't be of great quilty still...*shruggs* perhaps I'm just not one for cartoony looking toys...I'd rather have sculpts of the drawings myself...but um yea this ones a great one I bet he will be hard to find!

Gen hahahahah man this guy is great seriously! I love this toy..I can just see all the rocksteady comments now...but man this guys so much better then old rocky! I mean come one now we will have usagi & GEN!
I like it allot once again this really could have been in the old like it reminds me quite a bit of the shogun rocksteady figure I made some years ago... I'll have to post it and show you all....the only thing once again thats lacking to me again is the type of paint used and the lack of detail.
but perhaps I just need to get used to this new style...I'd say this is either the figure I want the most out of this set or the second most wanted...
oh one more thing PLAYMATES KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF WITH THE ACTION FETURES!!! THERE GETTING OUT OF HAND!

Butterfly-Swordsoh man I have no idea who the hell this guy is but he looks great hahaha I'd so (once again) love to see this guy sculpted in the old detailed old line style. great figure though love the character deisng and colors...purple is one of my fave colors so this suckers so mine...only thing I'd say would give him a cooler design is 2 more arms...this figure get's an A in my book.

Dark-Assasin *sigh* it could just be the photo..but this was one of my fave characters from this story and I am so even shocked we are getting a toy of him/them..so that's why I feel so bad about saying bad things....cause it actully makes me feel ungreatfull...so yea...once again crap plastic....to shiny for my tatse...I liked the flat and shiney mixed looks of the older figures....like making there skin flat there clothing shiny...
ok and now also this figure looks like some bad 90's toy biz figure...sure I'm sure your all jumping for joy his arms look ball jointed but did they have to make the placement look so bad....and I see he's got suction cups on his wrists... :roll: wow isn't that fun....I'd really have liked to see this guys face..to bad it's covred by something they didn't even freakin wear in the show...the weapons are fine looking....so yea this one I was the most excited about seeing.....and well now I wish I hadn't....tisk tisk I'm very sad over this one....more then any figure in the line so far.
after seeing this I'm scared as to what crap there going to do to our girl Karai :goofygri:

Ultimate-Daimyo omg jesus holt mother...*faints* that is the most god awfull hunt of crap I have ever seen.....seriously ok these arnt realy tmnt figures are they? they look like cheep knock offs...from some sweat shop in china trying to cash in on the newly found fame of the new tmnt...
my god this is just looking sad.

Thanks for showing us these so much splinter I mean it you had me so excited about them actully making these guys.....but my lord what a damn let down....I expect a hell of allot more from a line that been around from almost 20 (give a few) years....I like ninja turtle figures....not some cheep anime knock off of a line I really love.
this is a really sad day...the quailty of this line has just gone down the crapper...I'm trying to be nice but it's so hard when this line used to be so amazing...and now the line just looks like a bunch of toys then works of art that they once used to be.
I pray these look better in person. I really pray they do.
I thought I'd never say this but I'm very disapointed in this line :(
a very sad
-Vaughn Michael

tOkKa
09-18-2004, 12:18 AM
-->> :o ..the Butter-fly Sword man.. is seen breifly in Big Brawl pt 1..

..dammm,GEN.. w0w0w0w0w0w !!

..is it just me or is there an ol' school flair to these sneek peeks ??

..i dunno.. i'm elated.. sh8t hits the fan and my jaw hits the floor !!
.. :goofygri:

..now i better scoot before Split get's out the forum appreciation bat..

Kid Icarus
09-18-2004, 12:29 AM
The figures look good, but WHERE is the articulation? I'm getting tired of the statue-like figures we keep getting. They all look great, but I'd rather they look half-decent and have half-decent articulation.

I've been so turned off of this line by this, that the only recent figures I've bought are the Ninja Action Leo and the Utrom. And I only got the latter for the Utrom (I'm glad they made him squishy ^_^)

Jet-ski_Ninja
09-18-2004, 05:58 AM
I'll buy all those figures! :evilgrin:

Bry
09-18-2004, 06:26 AM
They look decent enough, but none of them seem to have any articulation besides the bare standards. A few ball-jointed shoulder/leg joints would vastly improve the "poseability factor" of these figures. I know these things are being made first and foremost for kids, but it'd still be nice if there was a little more to them, y'know?

Ahh well. The only ones I'd actually buy are Gen and the Triceraton, anyway. :wink:

Mecha Cow
09-18-2004, 08:37 AM
These look pretty cool to me. Nothing too fancy, but at least we're getting new characters instead of variants.

The Ultimate Ninja looks cool, but while he comes with three masks, he seems to be missing the one he wears on the show! Odd.

The Daimyo is the only one that I don't like. I seriously dislike the 'real' hair, and he seems to be of very poor quality. At least his accesories are cool. I just love removable masks.

I'm just happy we're getting figs of these guys, even if they aren't too great. I hope they get rid of all the silver though.

FireFly
09-18-2004, 09:40 AM
UPDATE
we will get Zanramons Cruiser.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/KINGOFNOD5/ZanramonsCruiser.jpg

GROOVY

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH :evilgrin:

tOkKa
09-18-2004, 09:57 AM
-->> ..YEH.. IT LOOKS LIKE THE TURTES' HIJACKED THE TRICERATON SHIP BIG TIME !! GOOSIE LUCY..
:sick: :sick:

..UNLESS THE TRICERATONS BEEN SMOKIN' SUMMIN' FUNNY AGAIN !! :goofygri:

rayfillet101
09-18-2004, 10:07 AM
amazing, simply amazing! I am getting all of these figures. and the triceriton vehicle. This is awsome. I like all the figures, wish I knew who Butterfly sowardmen was. Im glad they are making themed waves. Like most of the last wave was turtles in space. they say they have more news for us. I cant wait.

MasterMole
09-18-2004, 05:34 PM
I think Daimyo looks good. His hair is surprisingly neat, rather than just a hunk of excess plastic off his head. It's great he comes with three masks.
Regarding Ultimate Ninja, where's his main mask shown in the show? Maybe Playmates didn't have it ready to show. I hope he comes with it when it's released. I am overall happy with these figures and I am very happy to finally see a large vehicle, I think it's a villain vehicle. I hope it's just the beginning for lots of more cool vehicles to come.

Orochi Chimera
09-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Maybe it's just the picture but Traximus looks kind of short there.

Antrax
09-18-2004, 07:14 PM
Awesome, it looks like the chrome armor is removable since Traximus' helmet is and the new Ninja Knights Turtles(Super-Articulated and NO Hinged Hands! YAY) Turtles seem to have armor that clips on. If that's the case, Playmates seems to be taking notice that both kids and adult collectors buy them. Do "Ripped-Up" Mike and leo have ball-jointed elbows?

Triceraton
09-18-2004, 07:52 PM
In case this link was missed, Ripped Up Turtles, Ninja Knight Turtles, and the Hover Cycle: http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4430

I think those Ripped Up Turtles are the worst excuses for variants yet. Just new hands, new accessories, and new belts. Otherwise they're identical to the first ones in this line.

Splinter
09-18-2004, 07:57 PM
In case this link was missed, Ripped Up Turtles, Ninja Knight Turtles, and the Hover Cycle: http://www.americandreamcomics.com/index.php?catid=20&itemid=4430

I think those Ripped Up Turtles are the worst excuses for variants yet. Just new hands, new accessories, and new belts. Otherwise they're identical to the first ones in this line.
Yep, posted in a new news story. Please continue any discussion of the Ripped-Up or Ninja Knight Turtles, or even the Hover Cycle in the new News thread:

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=352381#352381

Shark
09-19-2004, 05:35 AM
Drako I don't know about this one yet.....it looks like the guys head splits open or something....it could just be the proto though....his color seems a bit off to me as well...It's been awhile but was he really that color...I thought he was green for some reason lol...

I'm pretty sure he was marune(sp?)

Traximus now see this one is wierd to me...it doesnt even look like a turtle figure to me...it looks like a triceraton but it looks like it belongs in that fisher price marvel heros kids line....he looks really short the coloring on this one is perfect...but he just seems a bit short and the paint they used seems differnt or something i don't the sculpt looks realy round or something...I like him though the more triceratons the better I always say...I still think we deserve a ZOG toy though.

I'm NOT likeing his legs. Looks like he stepped on a midget that replaced his legs.

Ultimate Ninja This one I like quite a bit playmates actully kinda made me want a toy of a crappy character (in my opinion anyways)...
his colors are almost perfect..not a bad sculpt at all either...nice weapon..nice masks.......but one complaint this line is starting to give me thise really cheap feeling again...I don't know what it is...perhaps the non flat plastic they are using...it's reminding me of the power rangers toys....or like a lower version of the dragon ball z toys...I don't know the line just seems to be going down in quaility.....I'd rather have a few new characters and a buncha turtles and have them all look good then a half as atempt to give us all the wierd characters at one time...I mean I don't see why the toys can't be of great quilty still...*shruggs* perhaps I'm just not one for cartoony looking toys...I'd rather have sculpts of the drawings myself...but um yea this ones a great one I bet he will be hard to find!

I'm betting that cape will get in the way, just like the Guardian Ninja's.

Gen hahahahah man this guy is great seriously! I love this toy..I can just see all the rocksteady comments now...but man this guys so much better then old rocky! I mean come one now we will have usagi & GEN!
I like it allot once again this really could have been in the old like it reminds me quite a bit of the shogun rocksteady figure I made some years ago... I'll have to post it and show you all....the only thing once again thats lacking to me again is the type of paint used and the lack of detail.
but perhaps I just need to get used to this new style...I'd say this is either the figure I want the most out of this set or the second most wanted...
oh one more thing PLAYMATES KNOCK IT THE HELL OFF WITH THE ACTION FETURES!!! THERE GETTING OUT OF HAND!

Considering I hated Gen, I have nothing to same here.

Butterfly-Swordsoh man I have no idea who the hell this guy is but he looks great hahaha I'd so (once again) love to see this guy sculpted in the old detailed old line style. great figure though love the character deisng and colors...purple is one of my fave colors so this suckers so mine...only thing I'd say would give him a cooler design is 2 more arms...this figure get's an A in my book.

Considering I don't know the guy, I have nothing to say here...either.

Dark-Assasin *sigh* it could just be the photo..but this was one of my fave characters from this story and I am so even shocked we are getting a toy of him/them..so that's why I feel so bad about saying bad things....cause it actully makes me feel ungreatfull...so yea...once again crap plastic....to shiny for my tatse...I liked the flat and shiney mixed looks of the older figures....like making there skin flat there clothing shiny...
ok and now also this figure looks like some bad 90's toy biz figure...sure I'm sure your all jumping for joy his arms look ball jointed but did they have to make the placement look so bad....and I see he's got suction cups on his wrists... :roll: wow isn't that fun....I'd really have liked to see this guys face..to bad it's covred by something they didn't even freakin wear in the show...the weapons are fine looking....so yea this one I was the most excited about seeing.....and well now I wish I hadn't....tisk tisk I'm very sad over this one....more then any figure in the line so far.

Hopefully the sucktion cups can be removed, or easily broken or cut off. And I hate that mask...

after seeing this I'm scared as to what crap there going to do to our girl Karai :goofygri:

Considering I LOVE Karai...I agree with you 100% God if they mess my favorite girl up...

Ultimate-Daimyo omg jesus holt mother...*faints* that is the most god awfull hunt of crap I have ever seen.....seriously ok these arnt realy tmnt figures are they? they look like cheep knock offs...from some sweat shop in china trying to cash in on the newly found fame of the new tmnt...
my god this is just looking sad.

Agree with you 200% there. And I'm not just saying that because I hate the guy either. If I get him, it'll only be a cold day in hell, and for the mask to see if they fit Casey and Ultimate Ninja XD

Quiller-Bee
09-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Of the new figures shown, I'll most likely be getting only Gen and Traximus--and that's just because I really like those characters. (Longtime Usagi fan here.)

If the toys were better quality, I'd probably get them all. However, since this line has become so lackluster, I've pretty much resolved to only buy characters who are also from the original Mirage comics continuity. In fact, I may simply drop it all together.

Figures based on animated series don't HAVE to be this cruddy--in terms of both sculpt and articulation. I honestly wish that another company besides Playmates had been chosen to produce the new figures.

Well, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we collectors aren't being targeted with this line. The series seems to be selling like mad, so Playmates could probably care less about collectors.

VaughnMichael
09-19-2004, 07:04 AM
Of the new figures shown, I'll most likely be getting only Gen and Traximus--and that's just because I really like those characters. (Longtime Usagi fan here.)

If the toys were better quality, I'd probably get them all. However, since this line has become so lackluster, I've pretty much resolved to only buy characters who are also from the original Mirage comics continuity. In fact, I may simply drop it all together.

Figures based on animated series don't HAVE to be this cruddy--in terms of both sculpt and articulation. I honestly wish that another company besides Playmates had been chosen to produce the new figures.

Well, as has been pointed out numerous times before, we collectors aren't being targeted with this line. The series seems to be selling like mad, so Playmates could probably care less about collectors.

yea they could care less about is...and wow now it seems like they could care less about the quality of there product...oh it's prolly cause there making tuns of money so oh lets make the toys look like crap they wont care...trust me kids today will are when there toys look like crap...I mean sesh come on........good they could just be doing so much better.
I totally agree with everything you've said....it's sad for me to even talk like this and want to stop collectiing tmnt.
-VM

Shark
09-19-2004, 07:43 AM
When I was a kid, I wouldn't care or even notice the difference. Now I do. I noticed Turtlebot wasn't pianted very well. Then I got Guardian Ninja, and noticed his paintjob and movements are horrible. And his jacket just gets in the damn way. Only thing I like about him is the weapon he came with -_-

Jet-ski_Ninja
09-19-2004, 11:56 AM
UPDATE
we will get Zanramons Cruiser.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v166/KINGOFNOD5/ZanramonsCruiser.jpg

GROOVY

OOOOOOOOOOOH YEAH :evilgrin:
AWESOME! :o :o :o

Chewie
11-08-2004, 04:42 PM
. I also hope the goofy 'Turtle' stickers are not already on the ship.

Reminds me of the good ol` Turtle Times. On very many vehicles from the "original" TurtlesToys were those decals......

So................. they remind me, and i like it.

To do both of us a favour they can put a decal sheet in the box, so everyone can take his own decison 8)

KROW
11-09-2004, 07:44 PM
Good idea.

Those decals remind me of the old Turtle Van myself. But if there is a seperate sheet for the decals, would that mean they would put little grooved shapes on the vehicle to place them on?

Chewie
11-10-2004, 03:13 AM
I think that`s not necessary. A Picture where to pace them would be a good, comfortable answer to this Problem....

I thought I could eliminate the Prolem by watching my old Turtles Toys but tha was a mistake. A few got those shapes, another few got them not.......

The new Sewer Slider got those shapes indeed, but it was planned to stick the decals on. I hope, if they do this "Own decision" thing, there will be no shapes on the toy.....

:)