PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Classic - Season 2 on April 26th!!

Splinter
11-03-2004, 12:25 PM
According to TVShowsonDVD.Com, we'll finally see Season 2 hit DVD in April of next year. No word if it will be the entire second season, or if the large ammount of episodes will be rolled into another release. But it's at least good to hear that it's on the way. Here's the story from TVShowsonDVD.Com
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
We Have the Planned Release Date for Season 2
Posted by David Lambert - 11/03/2004

This past weekend we relayed the news that the original Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon series would see a new DVD release in the Spring of 2005. One of our regular news contributors, Pavan Badal, has followed up with Lions Gate on this and reports that they have penciled in a release date of April 26th for what he describes as a "Season 2 DVD" release. Of course the date could move, since it hasn't been officially announced yet, but right now that's what we're looking at. Our thanks to Pavan for letting us know! Stay tuned for more info about this as we get closer to that timeframe.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
11-03-2004, 12:37 PM
FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!! I have been waiting for this to come out. MY favorite episode of season 2 on my tape is in bad shape and I can see it in good shape and the only ep I don't have on tape for season 2 is killer pizzas, but I had seen that ep alot. FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I KNEW IT WOULD BE A MATTER OF TIME UNTIL IT WOULD COME OUT ON DVD. YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! BUT IN APRIL. BOTH DVDS ARE A year apart, so I guess season 3 dvd will come out in 2006 of April. I guess they are realeasing it on april because of the month is the reporter's name. FINALLY. THE FIRST I WILL WATCH IS THE RETURN OF THE TEHCNODROME EP BECAUSE THE EP IS IN BAD SHAPE AND THEN KILLER PIZZAS ONE BECAUSE I DON't have it on tape and I will have eps 1 to 23 straight on tape. WILL THEY HAVE BONUS EPS ON.
THIS NEWS OF SEASON 2 dvd made my day.

KROW
11-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Great news.

See? Told ya' so. :P It was a sure bet that this would happen. I knew it. Now give me a medal. Just kidding.

Weapon X
11-03-2004, 01:22 PM
This is the best news I've heard in a while. Lets hope it is the entire second season.

cormano
11-03-2004, 01:25 PM
a two disc set with all 13 episodes would be very reasonable. I really think and hope that it'll be the full season, but I'm sure it'll be the last full season set we'll see with the huge amount of episodes in season 3.

KROW
11-03-2004, 01:33 PM
A separate release of future seasons would be a discomfort. A lot of people will be disappointed in a Part 1 and Part 2 packaging deal like the G.I. Joe and Transformers seasons. But let's hope that Lion's Gate doesn't go down that path.

azure turtle
11-03-2004, 03:43 PM
*gives Krow a medal*
This great news! I was crossing my fingers and hoping that a second season DVD would eventually be released. I'll have to mark my calendar... Looks like April is gonna be another special month this year. :D

Weapon X
11-03-2004, 05:22 PM
April 26th is the planned release date for season two.

You can read the rest at TVShowsonDVD.com

KROW
11-03-2004, 06:01 PM
So that's basically a year since the first season was released.

I can live with that.

Turtlesman 100
11-03-2004, 08:20 PM
Did any body get vol. 13 & 14 from the new series. (but you guys know that already)

KROW
11-03-2004, 10:05 PM
What are the titles?

twopinacoladas
11-04-2004, 12:13 AM
This is cool, I loved season 2 some real classic episodes with "the crooked ninja turtle gang" lol "heres our card"

Jester
11-04-2004, 07:24 AM
can't wait...i hope it's all eps...on mutiple disks...

Buslady
11-04-2004, 08:11 AM
these old toon DVDs are kinda lame...that first one isn't ALL of season one! Why dont they DO IT RIGHT and release the WHOLE season in one of those nice little box sets like they're doing with so many classic tv series lately? People would buy them! I would! (i wan the mork & mindy season one! hehe grew up on that show)

Either way my kiddo is gonna be bouncing off the wall when I come home with a more old TMNT...he LOVES the old series.

Jester
11-04-2004, 09:07 AM
uh....it was all of season one...wasn't it....the whole of season one was the 5 episode pilot.....season 2 starts with return of the shredder....and i hope we get all of season 2 and not a split...that'd be sad....:(

Jasta3xB
11-04-2004, 09:11 AM
thats awesome...

non topic related - why cant i post on any of the other boards?

ThirdMarioBro
11-04-2004, 09:58 AM
Read the pinned topic that Krang posted.
-------------------

Finally, I thought that these would never see release. The future's looking good.

Orochi Chimera
11-04-2004, 10:00 AM
I hope that they will have all of season 2 on more than one disc as well.

Buslady
11-04-2004, 10:23 AM
uh....it was all of season one...wasn't it....the whole of season one was the 5 episode pilot.....season 2 starts with return of the shredder....and i hope we get all of season 2 and not a split...that'd be sad....:(

5 lousy eps were season one????? what kinda season is that?! what'd they do after that, repeat it over & over ?!

X
11-04-2004, 01:26 PM
Well think about something for one second. Notice how they fit 9, 20 minute long episodes? That's as long as LOTR:FOTR and TT. I think they did a good job with these discs. If we complain and whatnot, maybe they won't release anymore at all. Frankly I'm happy if they come bare bones with no extras. I just want the episodes archived where they'll never lose picture quality or color.

They could easily fit 9 episodes on one disc, maybe even 10. Heck, they could do more then that seeing as how on X-Files Season sets, they fit 4 hours of show on one disc. So no matter what they can do what they set out to do, and I think there first set wasn't lame. Cause I'm just glad to have the episodes on disc. :lol:

Let's give them their props for at least bringing it to us, so they know their work isn't in vein and will want to continue to bring us more. They could be watching...

-X-

ThirdMarioBro
11-04-2004, 02:31 PM
DVD is a wonderful thing. It lets us have classic TV shows perserved for eternity.

Sure, the DVD's may not have the extras we want, but who cares. We're the Technodrome. Just about every possible thing there is to know about TMNT, old or new, is floating around the archives of this message board. The DVD extras aren't that big of a deal.

KROW
11-04-2004, 02:48 PM
The episodes themselves are enough for me. TMB is right. What exactly do we need extras for anyway? Do we need to know any more about the old toon that we don't already?

Jester
11-04-2004, 03:45 PM
i'd like features...but i'm not gonna be to upset if there arent any.....it be nice suprise though....

Weapon X
11-04-2004, 06:58 PM
Im gonna keep checking tvshowsonDVD.com like every other day. If theres news I'll post it here. I resently got The STAR WARS Trilogy and Dawn Of The Dead (04) so this will be a good edition to my collection.

PenguinCleese
11-04-2004, 08:41 PM
This is a great day, first I see the Star Wars Episode 3 trailer and now I hear this. Such great news. I'm sure they won't dissapoint in this release. The first season sold well, didn't it? I haven't seen it in the stores for awhile. I agree with even getting an episodes only DVD set is better than nothing. When they released the first one I emailed them thanking them fo doing so. But the only extras I would like to see are the vintage toy commercials. But maybe Playmates can add them into these special DVD figure releases. Heck, I'd even buy a disc that contained all the old toy commercials and whatever new ones they already have made if it was just that. I'm sure I would be the only one. Also I wanted to mention that other shows have started speeding up season releases by quarters. So maybe if this second season sells well they will think the same way. Finally I wanted to tell Buslady that Mork and Mindy season 1 was released on September 7th. Take care!

KROW
11-07-2004, 10:28 AM
If there were any features on this release, what should be included? I'd like to see the old PSAs, unless there weren't any during season 2. My memory is fuzzy on that.

What would everyone else like to see in a possible features option on the DVD?

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
11-07-2004, 10:46 AM
So is the release for season 2 dvd tentitive. I told ya all that there may be a new dvd of season 2 possible of coming out.

And that means season 3 will come out (They may be able to release all 47 on one disk) in april 2006 and season 4 in April 2007. That is just stupid to release them a year apart because because it maybe until 2010 or beyond for the last season to be released. I wonder if they will release all the red sky eps in one dvd with the red sky on the cover.

Again I cannot wait for season 2 dvd.

Kid Icarus
11-07-2004, 05:51 PM
just thought i'd add my 2 cents for the "DVD's never go bad" comments...

They do. CD media DOES infact go bad over time. give it agood 25 years, and the first CD's are going to be pooped out. They don't last forever folks ;).

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
11-08-2004, 04:45 AM
I still hope they have bonus features on this. AGAIN I CANNOT WAIT FOR THIS SINCE MY FAV TURTLES EP IS ON THIS ONE. MY FAV TURTLE EP SO FAR IS RETURN OF THE TECHNODRome and my recording of return of the technodrome is not in perfect shape, like in between when RAph tells april this is a big city something is bound to happen and when they show Shredder's mantion from outside Krang yells quiet, just before he says you let those turltes escape for the last time, and in a few scense the screen rolls. It is about time I had a better return of the technodrome copy.

they never released return of the t-drome, except for a Uk release, until now,

That was silly to not release one of the best turtle eps of all time on vhs. Catwoman from channel 6 (Also uk) teeneagers from dimension X and Splinter no more will be released for the first time as well!!!!!!!!!!! yahoo

the eye of sarnoth is on this too, it was released in a 4 ep video.

I still wish they would speed up the releases of the series on DVd.

MrPliggins
11-08-2004, 10:30 PM
This is very cool news...this is the first season I started watching TMNT ("splinter no more")..ahh the memories. I wonder if they will cut up "Enter the Fly"? I hope not..

KROW
11-09-2004, 07:42 PM
I don't think they'll cut anything up or out of the episodes. They wouldn't do that. They wouldn't dare.

Would they?

GK Punk
11-10-2004, 05:49 AM
I don't think they'll cut anything up or out of the episodes. They wouldn't do that. They wouldn't dare.

Would they?

Nah. They aren't stupid.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
11-10-2004, 07:18 AM

Would they?

Nah. They aren't stupid.

Cutting anything defeats the whole purpose of the dvd. that would enrage customers and they would not dare after people making a big stink (I don't blame them) when they announced they would release the 70 minute the Epic Begins (Which had a lot of cuts from what I heard) I think they can fit 13 eps. OTher dvds do that.

MrPliggins
11-10-2004, 04:04 PM
yeah, I read somewhere that they accidentally put syndicated rerun (meaning: edited) versions of the episodes on the alf season 1 dvd, and the fans were upset... .... Turtle fans are even more rabid when it comes to that...so I doubt they'd do that to us...

KROW
11-10-2004, 06:13 PM
Let's all cross our fingers and hope they stay intact.

d_fife@mail.plymouth.edu
11-12-2004, 05:59 PM
Let's all cross our fingers and hope they stay intact.

I hope they give us what we want with the DVD and not have cuts. They probably won't.

GK Punk
11-13-2004, 03:53 AM
If they edit anything, I probably won't pick it up. And I was one of those that got down to best buy at opening for Season 1. I doubt they'd edit it though so I won't worry about it.

Jephael
11-19-2004, 10:03 AM
I'm hoping they'll have some extras on this DVD, like possibly some commercials for the toyline Playmates was selling at the time season 2 came out. Whether or not they choose to do that, I know for certain this will be a 2-disc set!

KROW
11-19-2004, 03:21 PM
I hope the turtles' hands have the right number of fingers on the cover this time.

Jephael
11-21-2004, 11:10 AM
You gotta be kidding, dude. I couldn't get over how many people got all worked up over such a trivial mistake they did on the artwork. If anything, it harkened me back to the illustrations that were done for the Random House storybook adaption of the first movie. If anythinhg, I wouldn't be surprised if they meant to do that extra finger on Raphael's hand as a tribute.

KROW
11-21-2004, 12:04 PM
That would be nice to see. I particularly didn't care none about it. When I noticed it, I laughed. All the folks who got riled by the mistake, complaining, reminded me of the spine problem on the new toon DVDs. If ever a situation called for a smiley like this: :roll: it was that one.

The Bossanova
11-22-2004, 11:04 PM
im back...and in response to this DVD relaese all i can say is....kick ass

KROW
11-23-2004, 12:45 AM
Welcome back. And in response to your name I say.... Let's dance!

TMNT 100
01-02-2005, 05:23 PM
I can't wait in tell this DVD comes out. I use 2 have every episode on tape in tell my brother destroyed them all.

Weapon X
01-02-2005, 05:27 PM
I can't wait in tell this DVD comes out. I use 2 have every episode on tape in tell my brother destroyed them all.

Same thing sorta happend to me, we had a VHS with every episode up to '92 I think recorded and it got trashed.

Whitewolf89
01-02-2005, 09:38 PM
This is wonderful news to me! :lol: Now I know what part of my income tax refund is going for. Provided My local Wal-Mart Supercenter is smart and gets these in like they did the Season 1 DVDs and VHS tapes, that is. I know that I'm going to be VERY irritated if they don't.

Peace.

BigApple3AM
01-09-2005, 03:25 PM
If there is anything better than bringing back childhood memories than tmnt I have yet to find it. I used to watch the old tmnt vhs tapes a jillion times when I was a kid. I am the oldest so I didn't have anyone there to help me figure out the time or the channel for when it was on tv so instead i just watched the tapes repeatedly (although when I was at a neighbors or being babysat they would be watching it on tv and I'd watch it there). Season 2 happened to have more kid friendly episodes, and that's what I was so I think this dvd will spark even more memories than the last one. Here's hoping they get it right!

raphael90
01-09-2005, 05:03 PM
Definitely going to get this when it comes out...I do hope its the full season esp. including the four Shrinking Turtles eps. I was a bit disappointed in the artwork and overall layout of the first season, but yes its great they're putting these out again. That's what counts and they've got my praise! :)

Jephael
01-17-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm really looking forward to getting this DVD. I've always loved the "Eye of Zarnoth" saga, and the introduction of the Punk Frogs was awesome, not to mention the major season finale when they send the Technodrome sinking to the center of the Earth! That's mostly what I'm looking forward to watching again!

Mr. Stay Puft
01-17-2005, 08:35 AM
Sometimes I feel like the classic TMNT DVDs are being made just so people have a last minute b-day present to get me. The first season came out a week before my b-day and now season 2 is coming out the day before. And I'll be turning 21. I think I'll take a shot for every time Mikey says "Cowabunga!!"

Duke
01-23-2005, 03:28 PM
I really don't think they'd edit the episodes. The whole point of putting a show on DVD is to have it uncut. And the only problem i had w/ the first season was the 4 never-before seen episodes mentioned on the box. I for one had watched them all when they originally aired on CBS but i understand not everyone had but still that is like false advertising. I mean why not call them four rarely seen episodes. Stop the lies.

Silent FOx
01-24-2005, 05:43 AM
woot! Hopefully this means we will see all of the other seasons on as well. MAybe this time we can even get some extras. *crosses fingers* :D :D

Jester
01-27-2005, 01:40 PM
X, where'd u get the Season 2 cover art....note that they are wearing brown arm and leg bands....and that they have colored straps on their weapons....taking the old toon tmnt and making them look nerw toon...why?? it's like puting "one, live by the code of the martial arts!" on the back of the first season box....

Bry
01-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Anybody notice this?

http://www.brydude.com/tmntposes.jpg

Keep in mind that they also swiped a line from the new show's theme song for the back of the season one case. Odd.

Regardless of the sloppiness/laziness, I'm still not overly fond of the cover art. The season one case had a much nicer look to it, despite all flaws. This one's just bland.

Jester
01-27-2005, 03:22 PM
Anybody notice this?

http://www.brydude.com/tmntposes.jpg

me sorta....
note that they are wearing brown arm and leg bands....and that they have colored straps on their weapons....taking the old toon tmnt and making them look new toon...why?? it's like puting "one, live by the code of the martial arts!" on the back of the first season box....
then X showed me ur pic....wiggy....

zkarlette
01-28-2005, 02:46 PM
Thats so weird they actually ran out of imagination....... :ohwell:

Jester
01-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Z have u been to the similar thread in General TMNT discussion...it shows the others as well.....all copies of new toon art work....

johnnie1
02-04-2005, 10:15 PM
I bought the Season One DVD soon after it came out and I plan to buy the season two set as well, though most of my favourite episodes are in Season three, so that's probably the DVD set I'll be looking forward to the most.

But April 26th seems so far away, but it well get here eventually. :)

majesty329
02-10-2005, 12:27 PM
It would be nice that for a special feature that the people putting out the DVD would talk to some of voice actors and writers like David Wise, Rob Paulsen, Pat Fraley, Cam Clarke etc.

I know won't happen but it would be nice.

manny
02-16-2005, 08:41 AM
i cant wait to get season 2 i have season 1 already and they r defenitly always fun to watch :D

Coola Yagami
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Alright.. someone post the full cover of that season 2 DVD... please..?

PizzaPower
02-17-2005, 08:18 AM
Dude, you can go to www.amazon.com or other places and sell videos and DVD's to look at the cover. It looks cool go check it out!

TMNT 100
02-28-2005, 02:28 PM
57 more days intell the TMNT Season 2 comes out on DVD. :)

PizzaPower
02-28-2005, 04:47 PM
yup yup, can't wait!!!! And cannot wait untill season 3 all the way till season 10!!!

Serp
03-19-2005, 10:50 PM
all right I'm alittle late on hearing the news but better late than never.

TMNT 100
03-21-2005, 09:11 AM
36 Days intell the TMNT Season 2 comes out im so happy I can't Wait to finally see the episodes I missed. :)

PizzaPower
03-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Same here. ALthough there are always other methods of getting them. But I prefer to buy them.

Jester
03-23-2005, 03:33 PM
32 days until the release of SEASON 2 of TMNT

cowabunga14
03-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I'm gonna buy this disc and it comes out the month as my birthday. One of my most favorite Season 2 episodes would have to be New York's Shiniest. Rex 1 was a funny character and it was a good episode. I lookin' forward to watchin' the other episode especially Enter:The Fly.

Weapon X
04-02-2005, 03:20 PM
Man the anticipation is killing me! :D

TMNT 100
04-07-2005, 09:44 AM
19 Days to go but I wich it was alot sooner then that :)

iluvmikey
04-23-2005, 10:46 AM
Hey all you turtle lovers! I just got back from Wal mart and found TMNT Vol 2 on the shelves already!!!!!! I am so :thyper: :thyper: :thyper: :thyper: happy! go check it out! April 23, 2004

TMNT 100
04-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey all you turtle lovers! I just got back from Wal mart and found TMNT Vol 2 on the shelves already!!!!!! I am so happy! go check it out! April 23, 2004

What Wal mart did you go to? I whent to the Wal mart by my house and looked for the DVD when I couldn’t find it I asked the person that was working there if they have it she said no its ganna be released this Tuesday

iluvmikey
04-25-2005, 09:27 AM
What Wal mart did you go to? I whent to the Wal mart by my house and looked for the DVD when I couldn’t find it I asked the person that was working there if they have it she said no its ganna be released this Tuesday

I went to the one in North Adams Mass. I was shocked. I guess i have heard that some people have been putting it ouy early everywhere. i dunno dude. :tgrumble: sorry

TMNT 100
04-25-2005, 11:17 AM
Thats ok all that matters is that its coming out everywhere tomorrow :tgrin: :tgrin: :tgrin: :tgrin: :tgrin:

Cowabunga Dudes

iluvmikey
04-26-2005, 04:35 AM
Happy vol 2 release day! :rolling: :-D

R-iZZy
04-26-2005, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I saw the DVD at Wal-Mart, last Sunday. I'm so happy, I got it at a 10% discount!