View Full Version : TMNT 1: SE, Wannt it...help draft a PETITION...

Jester
01-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Ok....x found this in the Blast from the Past page....here's his PM to me....mostly a quote from the Laird-man him self....the "Godfather":
This is exactly what Laird said in the Blast from the Past article:

Several weeks ago, I had the distinct pleasure of seeing Steve Barron (director of the first TMNT movie) again for several days of meetings here in Northampton, meetings having to do with a potential TMNT project about which I can't really say anything right now. During one of our breaks, I was chatting with Steve about that first TMNT movie, and he mentioned that he had a videotape of his first rough assembly of the film, and he offered to send me a copy. True to his word, Steve got a copy of the tape to me last week, and I had a ball watching it. It is VERY rough, there are a few scenes missing (not many, though), there's no music, no finished sound or voices (curiously, in many of the turtle speaking scenes you can hear two voices - the actor in the turtle suit and the puppeteer -- speaking the same lines simultaneously!). What there IS, though, is some neat stuff that never made it into the final released cut of the film, including several fairly long scenes -- one of which is the comic publisher's office scene intended as the ending of the movie, from which I had only seen one still (I was never sure if the whole scene had been shot). There is also a wonderful extended training scene when the turtles are recuperating at the old farm, as well as many other character bits and pieces which got trimmed.

I asked Steve if he would be willing to work on a director's cut version of the film for a DVD release, and he said "Sure!" Whether or not the film still exists to use for a project like this, I don't know. But it sure would be cool! Maybe it's time to start bugging New Line...
So....who wants to aid Peter Laird with a fan mandate for TMNT: Special Edition??

Weapon X
01-17-2005, 11:33 AM
Well you know you got my help. :D

Jester
01-17-2005, 11:37 AM
u were once again co-starter of this thread....

KROW
01-17-2005, 12:09 PM
Hell, I'll sign the damn thing. I really want to see this release.

azure turtle
01-17-2005, 03:49 PM
I'd love to see a special edition of the first movie, too. Don't know if a petition would be enough to convince New Line to re-release the first movie with a bunch of extras. I could see that happening if a fourth movie becomes reality.

OA
01-17-2005, 05:56 PM
Yea, sign me up....whatever it takes...

TuRtLeTiTaN
01-17-2005, 08:02 PM
i would deffinatly sing for that show me the paper

PenguinCleese
01-17-2005, 08:49 PM
I'm totally in, there's no reason why it shouldn't already be out in this day and age with every movie having multiple DVD releases with special editions or ultimate editions we should so have a TMNT one. And with TMNT's popularity there can't be an excuse from New Line on it.

zkarlette
01-17-2005, 09:00 PM
OH this petition... Ill sign!!! :evilgrin:

jeff the cheff
01-18-2005, 02:21 PM
I wonder what the potential project is.

Kazari
01-18-2005, 04:17 PM
Sign me up!!!

Jester
01-18-2005, 07:41 PM
Ok...i'll attempt to pen a petition....should we send it to Mr. laird or to New Line??
To whom it may concern,
We, the undersigned, humbly request that an attempt be made to create a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Special Edition DVD. The creator, Peter Laird, and the director, Steven Barron have expressed some interest in its creation, and we felt, as fans, that we should offer our voices to the cause. We feel that this DVD is long overdue, and it would sell well if we have any say about it.
Thank you for considering our request,
The Ninja Turtle fans of the Technodrome Forums,

Buslady
01-18-2005, 07:52 PM
MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I wanna see Raph cheat during practice I soooooooooo wanna see that

Jester
01-18-2005, 07:53 PM
like the last post says...just a draft...fill free to edit as u see fit....

Weapon X
01-18-2005, 07:54 PM
Ok...i'll attempt to pen a petition....should we send it to Mr. laird or to New Line??

Yes do it and soon it shall be our's. :evilgrin:

Whitewolf89
01-18-2005, 08:10 PM
I would definitely sign it, so count me in!

Peace.

Jester
01-18-2005, 08:13 PM
everyone's fine with the content of the actual letter??

zkarlette
01-18-2005, 08:29 PM
I think its fine :)

KROW
01-19-2005, 11:32 AM
Omit the "Technodrome Forums" part. There just could be TMNT fans that aren't members here.

Deathknight
01-19-2005, 11:32 AM
you have my support.

azure turtle
01-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Omit the "Technodrome Forums" part. There just could be TMNT fans that aren't members here.
I agree with Krow. We could get many more fans to sign if we don't restrict the petition to the 'drome. Other than that, I like the letter. I'd sign for sure! :D

Kazari
01-19-2005, 05:57 PM
I also agree with Azure and the others! :D

kuro
01-19-2005, 07:00 PM
I'm totally down, sign me up.

Jester
01-19-2005, 07:25 PM
Alright what about, "The TMNT fans from mutiple TMNT web forums"??

Weapon X
01-19-2005, 07:27 PM
Or just TMNT fan's.

twopinacoladas
01-19-2005, 08:54 PM
That would be cool but perhaps formal letters from the people signing the petition would be a good help also, to get a response... if they had enough letters along with a pettition I could see them considering it more....

Anarchistguy
01-20-2005, 04:27 PM
You can be sure I'll be signing in.

Dontebell
01-20-2005, 05:18 PM
I'll sign,and I would also like to see the music videos with the DVD.

Utrom
01-20-2005, 07:08 PM
I'll sign it.

Ryona
01-21-2005, 06:31 PM
Ooohh!!! I wanna sign, I wanna sign! *bounces all over the place* ..........Where do I sign?... :-?

azure turtle
01-24-2005, 01:12 PM
I think Jester is still putting everything together. I'm assuming that it'll be a online petition...

Duke
01-24-2005, 06:48 PM
There have been two special edition dvds that i've been waiting to see released one is the first TMNT w/ deleted scenes, commentary from Peter Laird, Steven Barron, and Kevin Eastman (even though he no longer owns any rights I'm sure would also be willing to do commentary as he has also been very fan friendly), interviews w/ cast members, music videos from the movie, and anything else they'd be willing to include.

Off topic: Just in case anyone is wondering the other would be a Dumb and Dumber: SE w/ deleted scenes, outtakes, and commentary from Carey and Daniels.

SlayerX
01-25-2005, 11:45 AM
I'm going to sound like an idiot, but so be it.

Are you guys ever happy? Because the DVD doesnt have extras, you want them to remake it?! Why don't you sign a petition starting something new, instead of re-creating something old? Use your time for something useful. What, are you going to go ape over some interviews? Maybe some comic scans? How many of you actually spend time on the extras? Sure, it's cool once or twice, but that is it. Focus your time and energy on the future of TMNT, not the past.

Make a petition for a fan-made TMNT IV movie, offering your voices or something, rather than add a bit of stuff to an old movie. How cool would that be to be voice acting in a movie? Granted it would be animated.

Make a petition for something that hasn't been done yet, and I would gladly sign.

KROW
01-25-2005, 12:04 PM
http://mypursuit.blogs.com/photos/fun_stuff/dr_evil_zip_it.jpg

I think Jester is still putting everything together. I'm assuming that it'll be a online petition...
That's a fair assumption. I sincerely hope he's not going to go all around the world and ask people to sign, or snail mail it to everyone here. Although it would make a great movie.

SlayerX
01-25-2005, 01:36 PM
http://mypursuit.blogs.com/photos/fun_stuff/dr_evil_zip_it.jpg

Wow... that sure taught me... :roll: :lol:

Jester
01-25-2005, 02:58 PM

Are you guys ever happy? Because the DVD doesnt have extras, you want them to remake it?! Why don't you sign a petition starting something new, instead of re-creating something old? Use your time for something useful. What, are you going to go ape over some interviews? Maybe some comic scans? How many of you actually spend time on the extras? Sure, it's cool once or twice, but that is it. Focus your time and energy on the future of TMNT, not the past.

Make a petition for a fan-made TMNT IV movie, offering your voices or something, rather than add a bit of stuff to an old movie. How cool would that be to be voice acting in a movie? Granted it would be animated.

Make a petition for something that hasn't been done yet, and I would gladly sign.

well if no one does gripe, will things get done?? NO....so u don't agree with our wanting TMNT:SE for the deleted scenes or comentary...i for one love the extras.....and some times i'll buy a movie again just because an SE comes out....

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 03:01 PM
well if no one does gripe, will things get done?? NO....so u don't agree with our wanting TMNT:SE for the deleted scenes or comentary...i for one love the extras.....and some times i'll buy a movie again just because an SE comes out....

Your exactly right I mean there quite a few people who have signed so obviously people want it. Why would it be a waste to get all this stuff packed into a SE and one more thing whats up with "Leave the past behind"...********. :roll:

SlayerX
01-25-2005, 06:02 PM
and some times i'll buy a movie again just because an SE comes out....

I did that for the Halloween movie. Bought the editted TV version, but also bought the 25th anniversary one the next day :lol:

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 06:05 PM
and some times i'll buy a movie again just because an SE comes out....

I did that for the Halloween movie. Bought the editted TV version, but also bought the 25th anniversary one the next day :lol:

So what's the point in the first place? :ohwell:

SlayerX
01-25-2005, 06:28 PM
Because I didnt know of the 25th anniversary edition until I saw it the next day. Since you cant take back opened merchandise here, I was stuck with 2.

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 06:33 PM

Actually I ment this. :|

Aztec General
01-25-2005, 06:49 PM
I'd sign. There's a lot of great scenes that never made it to film.

1) The Alternate "comic book" ending
2) The extended farm scenes. Mikey depressed and training like a madman. Extended blindfold sparring.
3) Extra scenes from the shredder battle. With some more strikes and blood.

This would be awesome. Bring it on.

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 08:49 PM
-Deleted scenes.
-Extended scenes.
-Commentaries: Laird and Barron.
-Interveiw's.
-Behind the scenes at Jim Henson Creature shop.
-Music video's.
-Possible "Lost" tv spots.

Jester
01-25-2005, 09:30 PM
To: New Line Cinema

We, the fans of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, humbly request that an attempt be made to create a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Special Edition DVD. The turtles creator, Peter Laird, and the director, Steven Barron have expressed some interest in its creation, and we felt, as fans, that we should offer our voices to the cause. We feel that this DVD is long overdue, and it would sell well if we have any say about it.
Thank you for considering our request,
The Online "Brotherhood" Ninja Turtle fans

Sincerely,

The Undersigned
Comments??

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 09:31 PM
Comments??

I like it,COWABUNGA!!

Jester
01-25-2005, 09:39 PM
submitted....:D

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 09:40 PM
Good show old chap.

Jester
01-25-2005, 09:47 PM
Probably not....
To: U.S. Congress

I believe we should get the government to genetically engineer the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. As you can see, they are the ultimate fighting team, and are always there to say certain terms such as "cowabunga dude!" or "That is rad!". This kind of surfing ninja-turtle is what such a strong army of ours needs to keep the country safe. Why put all of that work and money into defense systems... tanks, guns, the whole deal, when you can put money into giant ninja human surfing turtles? I have done advance studies and noticed that if we do engineer the turtles it will strongly benefit the society. In addition, they need a master dojo-master type of rat to suit their everyday needs and to keep order. This is not just a petition, this is a way to save the United States from terrorism, nuclear bombs, and attacks on our own ground. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is what our defense needs. Please, Congress, consider this with all of your love for your country and patriotism and what YOU believe in.

Sincerely,
The Undersigned
:(
oh well...the petition can be found here....
http://www.petitiononline.com/tmnt1se/

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 09:49 PM
Wait.........what???

Jester
01-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Just one of the other petitions....:P

Weapon X
01-25-2005, 09:51 PM
Good one. :roll: :P

KROW
01-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Okay. First off, yo Slayer, this petition is not only for features like interviews and television spots, but it's also to release the film with the deleted and extended scenes that add more to the story. Also, the TMNT's 20th Anniversary was last year, and we got bupkis. This TMNT I S.E. would be a great release simply for that occassion.

Secondly, who in the blue hell would want to genetically engineer the turtles? Some moron would botch the job and we'd be stuck with three Slash's and a Tokka instead. What should be done is a petition for the government to fund a G.I. Joe-based program. Smoke villains out of their stink-holes and finally destroy terrorist threats. Either way, our tax money is being spent.

Jester
01-26-2005, 02:43 PM
KROW, are u Casey Jones??

Mobius One
01-27-2005, 12:42 PM
I would definitly gladly sign this. I mean Ive put off buying the first movie on dvd because ive been hopeful about them doing something like this but last week i cracked and finally bought it, but this gives me hope about not just a Special Edition, but also a fourth movie

Spitfire
01-27-2005, 06:22 PM
Im game, I dont really want to import a copy of of the UK re-release

Aztec General
01-27-2005, 07:45 PM
Bring on the genetically altered TMNT super soldiers........I mean Special Edition!

LionO
01-27-2005, 09:13 PM
Count me in as well.

Jester
01-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Im game, I dont really want to import a copy of of the UK re-release
The "uncut" British version has the nunchuck scenes added back in...it's no diffrent from the american version....

Weapon X
01-27-2005, 09:16 PM
The "uncut" British version has the nunchuck scenes added back in...it's no diffrent from the american version....

WOW! :roll: ,anyway's 11 sig'sso far. :)

Spitfire
01-27-2005, 09:18 PM
Yeah and the sound is better and I read they improved the picture quality haha I dont care about the nunchucks

Weapon X
01-27-2005, 09:22 PM
Yeah and the sound is better and I read they improved the picture quality haha I dont care about the nunchucks

Yeah also improve the quality of the picture, I think we all know how grainy it is.

KROW
01-27-2005, 09:31 PM
I signed the petition, and would like to know why I was the only one so far who gave a lengthy comment for the reason I would like to see a TMNT I S.E. DVD. Surely whomever needs to see this petition would love to read more than just a list of names with little snippets of things that can be compared to, "I want this. Thanks."

Weapon X
01-27-2005, 09:43 PM
I signed the petition, and would like to know why I was the only one so far who gave a lengthy comment for the reason I would like to see a TMNT I S.E. DVD. Surely whomever needs to see this petition would love to read more than just a list of names with little snippets of things that can be compared to, "I want this. Thanks."

Yep thats pretty much what I put. :lol:

TheShowstoppa
02-09-2005, 08:23 PM
I hate to tell everyone this, but petitions don't do jack. At the other forum I regularly visit, we tried to get a petition going for 1) A boxset of friday the 13th films and 2) the uncut version of part 7.

Now, we got one, but not the other, and let me explain why...

Basically, Freddy Vs. Jason came out. Now, New Line Cinema owns both rights to both Franchises. Therefore, when FvJ came out, Paramount (who owns the rights to Friday the 13th's parts 1 - 8 in America) wanted to cash in on the money NL was getting. So... they released a boxset.

Bob Shaye over at New Line Cinema (This is who owns the rights to the first 3 TMNT movies) credits the TMNT with helping establish New Line Cinema as what it is today. The only other 2 franchises he can now credit along with that is A Nightmare on Elm Street (Which was the first credit always) and Lord of the Rings.

Now, the barebones edition of the movie is selling JUST FINE (far be it for everyone who may think otherwise). They won't, or I should say probably won't release a S.E. DVD until around the time the new one comes out on DVD. This is because if New Line doesn't catch the rights to making the new movie, they will want to cut in on the success of the movie (if it is highly successful, which... why wouldn't it be?). Therefore... we will get a S.E.... but don't get your hopes up that it's going to be anytime before 2007.

BaldMonk
02-10-2005, 06:17 AM
You lot are lucky to have even a bare bones version... Once again New Zealand is at the bottom of the barrell... with nothing. :( You US peeps even had free ones comin out of Pizza Hut... damnit!!!!! :( Poor us. hahaha.