PDA

View Full Version : Names and Numbers

Ryona
02-01-2005, 09:40 AM
I've been forever curious about this, so I just had to start a thread about it...

Why do some people on forums have a number at the end of their name??? :-?

I know that one of the reasons is because someone else has the name they want... so they use the same name and put a number at the end.

I suppose other reasons may be that it's their lucky number, it's the year, it's the number of some sports player, and such and such...

I still don't get why it's there... I mean, a name with a number in it makes it sound like the member is some kind of robot... :embarass:

Anyway... I'm hoping that members with numbers in their names will explain why the numbers are there and what they mean.

Brinatello
02-01-2005, 12:57 PM
I use the number 78 a lot in emails and account names for my birth year, 1978. The number I mostly associate with is 9. For some strange reason, it's been my number as far back as the age of 9! Heh, once I hit that age, I was seeing it everywhere, even my name in classroom roll calls was the ninth one down. I was in room number 9 in third grade. I'm member #9 right now over at TMNT-L. Channel 9 was the station I discovered TMNT! Okay, so you get the point...I think... :lol:

Jo Dawn
02-01-2005, 09:12 PM
Hehe, good Lord, Ryo... I thought for a second there you were gonna be asking for people's phone numbers. ;) :P

02-01-2005, 10:07 PM
I used to use the screen name, hockeyace94. The 94 was my number back when I played Ice Hockey. Those were fun times.

That Matt Guy
02-01-2005, 10:31 PM
We are 138. It's a song by the Misfits.

"One Thirty-eight" is how you are supposed to say it by the way.

Kid Icarus
02-01-2005, 10:38 PM
Hm... The only time I've ever done the number thing is when someone else took one of my two usernames (Gwgtrunks, or FailedToFail)

Spitfire
02-02-2005, 11:08 PM
The 666 in my name stands for Episode 666 which is my favorite In Flames song

Mondo J. Gecko
02-03-2005, 12:38 PM
:lol:
Hehe, good Lord, Ryo... I thought for a second there you were gonna be asking for people's phone numbers. ;) :P
I was thinking the same thing... as for numbers, I sometimes put a 13 by Mondo Jay, just cause somebody has takin' my name or something... but that rarely happens... oh yeah and 13 was my basketball number and its kind of my lucky number, but I don't really believe in luck...
:D

azure turtle
02-03-2005, 07:29 PM
What? You want my name and number? But we hardly even know each other! :razz:

Like trunks, I only use a number after my name if the desired SN has already been taken. If that's the case, I usually pick 21, since it's my birthday (May 21, to be exact).

Jamezer
02-04-2005, 08:27 PM
ive done it as my birthday, or if sum1 took my sn. i used to have a friend that entered a ridiculously long number to piss people off on aim.

Peanut
02-04-2005, 08:41 PM
I've only ever used the number 47 for a few names because it's my hockey number.

Demented Utrom
02-11-2005, 03:59 PM
Because other users might use the name you are using.

SlayerX
03-06-2005, 09:30 PM
I used to use the screen name, hockeyace94. The 94 was my number back when I played Ice Hockey. Those were fun times.

Ryan Smythe, no? :-P

I haven't ever used numbers in any of my names. If the original name that I wanted was taken, depending where it was, I just change it with _ in it, or flip it backwards. Im known as Xreyals more than i'm known as SlayerX. Odd :-P

Jet-ski_Ninja
03-24-2005, 12:09 PM
I never use numbers in my user names. When the user name I want has been already registered I don't add numbers I just change it.