PDA

View Full Version : Entity Below *possible spoilers*

Kazari
02-06-2005, 04:00 PM
Okay that episode was boring to me too *laughs* anymore I don't find any of the episodes good.

[Edit: Just added spoiler warnings for those who have to wait 'til next week to see this episode. -- Azure]

Whitewolf89
02-06-2005, 04:05 PM
Not to give anything away, but I thought it was pretty good. I can't wait to see Machi's spoiler for it for when it's on next Saturday, though.

Peace.

cqb101
02-06-2005, 04:06 PM
I didn't really like this episode. It was an interesting story and all, but it just wasn't my thing. Enough of the underground already.

IceFlash78
02-06-2005, 04:08 PM
Okay that episode was boring to me too *laughs* anymore I don't find any of the episodes good.

Why haven't you liked the recent TMNT episodes?

As for this episode... I woudl have to agree with you.. I wasn't really interested in this episode... I thought I would be, but I wasn't, unfortunately. I missed the beginning, and I was kinda thinking about this lab report that's due tomorrow :lol:

*SPOILERS*

HOW THE HECK DID THEY GET BACK FROM BEIJING?

Jester
02-06-2005, 04:14 PM
can i do one Mikey/Raph quote?? Please....

Mikey: Clean up on aile 12!!
Raph: SHUT UP!!!

Turtleman100
02-06-2005, 04:18 PM
Like I said before the episode was good and I know the lady would help the Guys. Plus Mikey driving was funny.

MrPliggins
02-06-2005, 04:19 PM
Kaz maybe you are just sick of the show or something? But I do agree with you on this episode, I didn't care much for it either. Didn't expect much from it since it was an Underground episode, but I did like some surprise appearances...

SPOILERS

the fish-men from Mirage issue 28.... maybe this foreshadows a future episode based on that comic?

the monster from Monster Hunter....so thaaaat's where he came from..

Jester
02-06-2005, 04:23 PM
yeah...i caught that green monster thing too....freaky....

Kazari
02-06-2005, 04:33 PM
I guess *laughs* I kind of miss Season 1 LOL Just they don't seem interesting anymore. The previews look cool and thats it lol

Turtleman100
02-06-2005, 04:33 PM
Is it just me or are the episodes getting a little well boring. I like it but it not the same as past episodes from season 1 & 2. I wonder if they will still have season 4 coming. More episodes like that and I think seasons 4 is gone.

CyberCubed
02-06-2005, 05:15 PM
The episodes of Season 3 are far from boring, this is in fact the best season of the series so far. The number of excellent episodes this season are amazing, I feel sorry for those of you who find them boring. With the exception of "The Lesson" and "Darkness within", which were slightly below average episodes, Season 3 has been exceptional.

The writing, continuity, character development, and character driven episodes this season have been all very well done. The writers are avoiding the bland fillers that Season 2 was plagued with, and they have definitely gotten the feel for the new series.

And yeah I liked today's episode as well, it was a solid episode. The continuity in it was great, the green monster from "The Monster Hunter" was explained as well as the Underground race.

My only gripe is they didn't mention Fugitoid at all in this episode. I mean he's still in Don's gadget isn't he? It's kind of a shame that they didn't even mention him in this episode, probably the only thing I was disappointed with.

MrPliggins
02-06-2005, 05:23 PM
I didn't think of that but now that you mention it it is strange... maybe Don left him at home. I did like the way this episode wrapped up the underground storyline. Each episode seems to strengthen continuity by using little details such as that green monster.
I agree this season is far from boring.. actually, when the show first started, I was bored with most of the first episodes, so I guess it has the opposite effect on me.

CyberCubed
02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Season 2 is probably the weakest season, only because the fillers were pretty sub-par and Turtles in Space was too dragged out. The other parts of Season 2 were pretty good however.

I think this is it for the Notes of the Underground stories, like Leo said "There is no reason for us to come down here ever again".

I'm pretty much betting that this is it.

Kazari
02-06-2005, 05:38 PM
Cyber Cubed, if they mentioned the Fugitoid in today's episode it wouldn't make any sense :P You can't just keep referring back to characters in episodes unless they are essential to the episode or episodes to come. This was an episode off from the main arc so that's why he wasn't in there.

cqb101
02-06-2005, 05:54 PM
yeah...i caught that green monster thing too....freaky....

Ya, that was one of the best parts of the episode.

I haven't really cared for this season so far.The only episode that I really liked was the one with Nobody. Then again, I have missed 3 or 4 episodes. Whatever, back to the super bowl.....

Machias Banshee
02-06-2005, 07:05 PM
Not to give anything away, but I thought it was pretty good. I can't wait to see Machi's spoiler for it for when it's on next Saturday, though.

Peace.

With these eps being showed early, and people already making threads about them, I dont know if I should really bother.... :ohwell:

Kazari
02-06-2005, 07:39 PM
Machias, I wouldn't bother honestly till after Hun on the Run. That's when CN stops so then just pick up when Fox Box airs Reality Check.

Aska_Badoura
02-06-2005, 08:01 PM
I thought this episode was great! It's been driving me nuts since the first season about what was going on down there! :) It was all very reminiscent of The Dark Crystal and Disney's Atlantis. I would have liked more on their culture, though, and why they built the outpost the Turtles are living in.

I wonder how many generations along the 'green man' population is, then, if the Elent(h)ian island sank so long ago..

Fish people!! "Sons of the Silent Age"! Ooh, I don't know if they'd tackle that story in the new series; it's awfully deep, isn't it? And sad. But my favorite! That'd be cool! :thyper:

Don't worry about it, Machias, your teasers are fun! Write 'em anyway! :)

Kazari
02-06-2005, 08:30 PM
There was actually 2 old show episodes about Atlantis.

Whitewolf89
02-06-2005, 08:33 PM
I agree, Aska. They're fun to read, whichever way you go! I love 'em, and I'd miss 'em if we have to wait til March 5th for a new one!

And Kazzy, it ain't the FoxBox anymore, it's 4KidsTV. HOW in the world could you forget that?! ;) *laughs, then baps her sys with a limp tuna*

And I thought that it was neat the way that the Ithlayans (?!) became the Atlanteans. VERY cool, I thought. Well, it's as cool a theory about how Atlantis came about as a few others that I've heard, and I think I like it a lot better. I DIDN'T like the High Mage, though. ESPECIALLY after what he did to Raph while the boys were in that cell. And THEN telling them that they were going to be slaves on top of that! Somehow, I DON'T think our boys would MAKE very good slaves, do y'all? ESPECIALLY not our dear, hot-tempered Raph.

I DID like the winged guys, though. We know what happened to the "Green Man" (or at least ONE of them, anyway), but I wonder what happened to the Avians (I think that's what the lady called them) and the fish-men? Maybe we'll find out in a later ep. Like maybe next season or something.

Peace.

Kazari
02-06-2005, 08:35 PM
Hush *laughs* Bad habit LOL

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
02-06-2005, 08:42 PM
I missed it due to the pre-Super Bowl hoopla but I'll get it next weekend on Fox. (I'll call it Fox instead of 4kidsTV.)

Whitewolf89
02-06-2005, 08:43 PM
I kinda figured. *snickers*

Peace.

That's aimed at Kazzy, btw.

Aztec General
02-06-2005, 09:11 PM
As a whole this wasn't the best episode but the part I loved (and I can see many of you did as well)

The Fish People from "Sons of the Silent Age" (Vol. 1 #28 ) and later in (Vol. 2 #4-5) have their origin explained. I do hope that this means that "Sons of the Silent Age" has a chance of being adapted. It was truly one of the best TMNT one shots I've ever read. It's quite dark and sad, but this show certainly has the range to pull it off.

The "green monsters" from the Monster Hunter episode also have their origins explained here. I like how this show refuses to leave any character unexplained, even if it takes 40 episodes to do so. Also, it's good to see that there is a reason that these unnatural creatures are roaming around Northhampton.

What no one has commented on so far is that the third creature created by the "Atlantians" were the winged creatures, who are of the same variety as Raptar from TMNT Vol. 4. So I guess we can assume that he will be showing up at some point in this series as well.

With all of that being said I do hope this is the last tale of the Underground city. There's already been 5 episodes devoted to it. That should be enough.

Turtleman100
02-06-2005, 11:08 PM
well let hope Time Travler is a good episode that we all like. where in time do the guys go.

Aska_Badoura
02-06-2005, 11:18 PM
Ah, here is a wonderful example of how reliable closed captioning is. :lol:

Says Raph: Those goons melted my scythes.

:roll:

Leonardo Mystic
02-06-2005, 11:21 PM
Ah, here is a wonderful example of how reliable closed captioning is. :lol:

Says Raph: Those goons melted my scythes.

:roll:

*laughs* I noticed that too. How could they could get "scythes" from "sais" I wonder? The two words sound nothing alike.

Turtleman100
02-06-2005, 11:23 PM
Yeah that weird Raph sai were melted and then he got them back at the end

Demented Utrom
02-07-2005, 12:41 AM
I take it the episode didn't sound to great.

Aska_Badoura
02-07-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah that weird Raph sai were melted and then he got them back at the endEr, well, he also had them in some of the shots in the cell right afterward. Someone didn't tell the animators for that sequence that he shouldn't have them. They usually only know about the scenes they're doing, not the plot of the whole show, so they wouldn't have known that. Boo. :|

Kazari
02-07-2005, 07:27 AM
LOL Poor Raph. I still like Mikey eating all the donuts. That part and the armor they were wearing were the only good parts of the episode. I just realized that Reality Check is after Hun on the Run but CN is stopping after Hun on the Run. Stupid teasers *poutz* I am not too thrilled about the Renet episode...I never did like the comic.

Buslady
02-07-2005, 08:40 AM
I missed this but I'll catch saturday. But yeah, this season's ho hum. There was some good scenes, I iked the Triceraton Invasion stuff and I do like Fugie and all that. (I knew he couldn't stay "dead" being machine) I think CNW is breaching contracts, me thought it's gotta air on fox first then CNW can do it.

I hope this rene ep is good. I got cancelled today cause of rain! WOOHOO! so I can watch the Renet episode.
Does this mean we'll get to see the Shredder's demise earlier!?!?!?

And Planet Racers!? Cool.

And MORE USAGI?!!!!

edit:

they melted Raph's zai!?!?? those @(#*&$!!!!!!!!! hehehe

Kazari
02-07-2005, 08:49 AM
No we won't, Buslady. CN is going to stop airing new episodes after Hun on the Run. So the rest of the episodes you'll have to see on the Fox Box weeks from now. Like a month before seeing anything new.

Duke
02-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Er, well, he also had them in some of the shots in the cell right afterward. Someone didn't tell the animators for that sequence that he shouldn't have them. They usually only know about the scenes they're doing, not the plot of the whole show, so they wouldn't have known that. Boo. :|
Yeah that happened alot w/ leo's swords in the Battle Nexus tournament.

MrPliggins
02-07-2005, 11:24 AM
No we won't, Buslady. CN is going to stop airing new episodes after Hun on the Run. So the rest of the episodes you'll have to see on the Fox Box weeks from now. Like a month before seeing anything new.

hmm what's to stop CN from airing more episodes early?

Whitewolf89
02-07-2005, 11:53 AM
Who knows? *shrugs* I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens.

Just thought of something: When the new Biker Mice cartoon series comes back in Spring 2006 (yeah, I'm still hyping it; so sue me! Myah. :P ), and IF it winds up on the 4Kids/FoxBox channels, I hope they don't do IT like they have been some of the TMNT eps. 'course...it'll be a whole different production company doing it, so maybe there won't be as many production goof-ups OR airing goofs. Hopefully.

Peace.

Kali
02-07-2005, 12:32 PM
I liked this episode more for the storylines it created/tied up than the show itself. I liked that they showed the Green Man(Woman) race. I remember thinking that this might be the end of the Underground story when I first read the synopsis, but by the end you have to admit that they’ve got a lot more story to play with. This settlement has been destroyed, but there may be others. There are also stories for the Water-Breathers and Avians. And some of those "evil" Ilintians may have survived somehow.

Doppleganger
02-07-2005, 12:46 PM
Didn't quite catch this one. But it does sound interesting. Guess I'll catch it on 4kidsTV.

Aska_Badoura
02-07-2005, 03:01 PM
they melted Raph's zai!?!?? those @(#*&$!!!!!!!!! hehehe :lol: Yeah, and he was reeeeeeal happy about it too. The others had to hold him back so he wouldn't attack the lava monster. That would have been barbecued Raph.

We'll have to see if he has any spares... :)

Mandi-chan
02-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I liked the episode, thought it was a tiny bit dull but I always felt that way about the Underground eps so...

Anyway, I thought this was a nice wrap up for that arc.

Torrant2
02-07-2005, 08:33 PM
It wasen't that bad of an ep. I didn't overly like it because it had kind of an awkward ending.

ninjapizza
02-08-2005, 09:06 PM
[QUOTE=Aska_Badoura]I thought this episode was great! It's been driving me nuts since the first season about what was going on down there! :) It was all very reminiscent of The Dark Crystal and Disney's Atlantis. I would have liked more on their culture, though, and why they built the outpost the Turtles are living in.

QUOTE]

I was hoping someone else would mention The Dark Crystal. I thought of it when the beams went from the crystal and through the heads of the guys in a circle around it. Also, in the end when Leo jumps down from above and saves the day. That has to be a reference to The Dark Crystal.

Aska_Badoura
02-08-2005, 09:55 PM
*nods* That's what I thought, too. And the chanting also.

Whitewolf89
02-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I noticed that, too. Kinda neat, I thought. Dark Crystal has always been one of my fave fantasy movies.

Peace.

Machias Banshee
02-12-2005, 08:54 AM
Ok, poll added, those who Didnt see it last week, come speak your mind...

shadowflame611
02-12-2005, 09:43 AM
Since i dont get CN, i had ta wait till Saturday...

Personally, i like the underground eps. I think that they are a nice lil break from all the other eps...though this one definetly wasnt as good as the first three in the first season.

And as for season three not being as good as the first two seasons...I think {I HOPE} things will speed up as we get to 'Hun on the Run'. The first eps of this season were okay, but lately...lately they've been sort of a drag. (for me, at least) And hopefully they WILL keep going to season four *crosses fingers and prays* If they don't i will be one angry chick ;) :evilgrin:

Kazari
02-12-2005, 12:38 PM
I watched it again today at work. I refused to do any work until it was over and I was making my coworker Matt watch it too *laughs* They look good in that armor *nods*

azure turtle
02-12-2005, 12:51 PM
I thought it was a good episode all around. Nothing really jaw-dropping, but it was fun. Seeing how the Alinteans (sp?) turned people into slaves was interesting. The origins of the Green Man of the Mountain were revealed, and the other two creatures looked very familiar. The flying men reminded me of a character we saw in the early issues of Mirage Volume 4, and the mer-men reminded me of characters from Volume 1 (I can't remember the exact issue number).

Demented Utrom
02-12-2005, 02:08 PM
Season 4 would be coming out in October.

J Legault
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
I liked this episode. I knew there be more to the Underground city after seeing those other Crystalized citizens in Return to Underground.

Now all makes sense about the crystals, the technology, and once apart of Atlantis.

I knew that Entity guy would do his worse in this episode.

That Female Ilytian(sp) was cool I thought :) The battle Armor nice.
The origin of the Green Sloth also nice. The Bird Men and Sea creature guys also neat to see.

when they showed the city sinking I knew it was simalar to Atlantis(nothing compared to the Disney version), I too thought of Dark Crystal in some scenes.

Atleast the TMNT don't ever have to go to that city anymore. When that Ilythian woman said other underground cities, I would wonder if they might show them in the later seasons, not possible but just my thoughts for it.

My grade 5/5, Next week is Time Traveling adventure!

Whitewolf89
02-12-2005, 02:21 PM
Season 4 would be coming out in October.

More probably early September. That's when Season 3 started last year.

Peace.

Demented Utrom
02-12-2005, 02:26 PM
Battle Nexus was still on in October.

Whitewolf89
02-12-2005, 02:40 PM
Where did you get that? What ep-guide, I mean. Just curious.

Peace.

Kazari
02-12-2005, 02:42 PM
Well aired when because Big Brawl Parts 2-4 aired in Australia first before here.

Whitewolf89
02-12-2005, 03:54 PM
Well aired when because Big Brawl Parts 2-4 aired in Australia first before here.

*blinks* Come again?!

J Legault
02-12-2005, 05:43 PM
I remenber hearing about Austrilia airing Big Brawl parts 2-4 earlier than US.

IceFlash78
02-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Personally.. i thought the best moment in this episode was when that guy said "you shouldn't have come" and Mikey was like "yeah.. that's waht I told them. But would they listen? NOOOOOOOOOOooooooO!"

I was literally cracking up at the way Mikey was saying NOOOOOoo!

Whitewolf89
02-12-2005, 06:32 PM
I remenber hearing about Austrilia airing Big Brawl parts 2-4 earlier than US.

Oh, okay. I didn't understand what Kazzy was trying to say. Thanks for telling me.

Peace.

Jo Dawn
02-12-2005, 08:13 PM
I got up to watch it today! Did I? No!

I had it on, but I was tuning in and out, heh. Heard the whole explanation about the planets... and about the... whatever they're called. But really just listened to most of it.

*shrugs*

Doppleganger
02-12-2005, 08:14 PM
Well I did watch it now so I was cleverly impressed how they explained the green creature in monster hunter. It was a nice bit of continuity.

Whoa! Can't believe the turtles sent all those Intlintians to their deaths. This show's becoming quite the bloodbath. :o Not that I mind. ;) But still a big surprise.

R-iZZy
02-13-2005, 12:11 AM
Geez, everyone's expectations are a little too high... I'm loving Season Three (of course, The Lesson could've been scrapped) so far.

And it was funny seeing the Green Sloth of the Woods finally having its origin revealed. The strange thing is it acted humanly in this episode, but as a wilderbeast in the Monster Hunter episode. Who knows, I'm sure someone will be able to contradict me, soon. And I enjoyed watching the turtles in their armor, destroying magma monsters by attacking their crystal hearts. I LOVED how Raph turned one huge staff into two sai-like weapons, and decapitating the monster... that was too cool!

And of course, Mikey's annoying antics come through high on the humor scale. His driving matching that of the old people of South Park! I thought it was funny they were like "PUT ON THE BRAKES" and Mikey finally stops the tunnel scaveneger AFTER all the danger.

And I guess this will put an end to the Underground episodes. I loved every one of them... and I didn't know how they would be able to bring it back to the Underground after freeing all the humans that underwent genetic mutation the last time... I forgot about the guy who was supposedly "the last of his people".

And is it just me or did watching that Head Elithian (sp?) give Raph some crystal torcher after getting threatened make you feel good to see someone shut Raph's ego up? I dunno... that might be just me. Obviously, I had a lot to think about on this episode, I'm too much of a turtle groupie to see any faults in their episodes. I loved it... that's all that matters to me.

Aska_Badoura
02-13-2005, 12:14 AM
Whoa! Can't believe the turtles sent all those Intlintians to their deaths. That did kinda bother me... a whole city, and only one thought her people had no right to rearrange the earth? And she felt so strongly about it that she was willing to sacrifice everything and everyone she knew? That's depressing... :ohwell:

R-iZZy
02-13-2005, 12:22 AM
The love one has for a kind that she doesn't even know...

Kazari
02-13-2005, 08:54 AM
True but then the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few or the one. If they let them live, what were they going to do with them? Just stop their plan and leave? If they did..the Intians would have found some other way to get what they wanted and they didn't care about the billion population on Earth.

shadowflame611
02-13-2005, 11:44 AM
And I guess this will put an end to the Underground episodes. I loved every one of them... and I didn't know how they would be able to bring it back to the Underground after freeing all the humans that underwent genetic mutation the last time... I forgot about the guy who was supposedly "the last of his people".

I dont think that its the end... The Intian woman mentioned that there were more Intian villages...that was where she was going in the end, wasnt it? Ill have to watch it again to be sure...but i know that she said something along those lines. Maybe the (should i dare to use the term 'good'?) Intians will need help about something later.

Kazari
02-13-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah there were suppose to be more underground civilizations.

R-iZZy
02-13-2005, 12:44 PM
I dont think that its the end... The Intian woman mentioned that there were more Intian villages...that was where she was going in the end, wasnt it? Ill have to watch it again to be sure...but i know that she said something along those lines. Maybe the (should i dare to use the term 'good'?) Intians will need help about something later.
Didn't think about that... I can only wonder what kind of conflict they'd get into though. I mean, what next... more corruption within some of the population? I dunno, but they'll think of something if they do make a continuation of the Underground series...

Kazari
02-13-2005, 01:51 PM
Hmm it will be kind of hard to do since that guy is gone unless his "brother" lives in another civilization and learns about his death and gets ticked.

J Legault
02-13-2005, 08:34 PM
If the next season will have another Underground city involed, course not sure what more is there to the Ilathians. But another episode with that Ilathian Woman would be neat. :D

HorseTechie
02-16-2005, 07:09 AM
I thought this was a so-so ep, as it had it's highs and lows.

I just loved how Raph blurted out "He slagged my sai!" Heh... yes, I am such a Transformer geek if I "squee" over the notion of the TF slang being carried over into other areas. I also thought the crystal energy was like BW-style energon. I do wonder if that stuff is related now. :P

The little things here and there were fun too. Like how the Head Intian put Raph in head place, the cameo appearances of the Swamp creature and the winged dudes, and the nice looking armor the TMNT wore. The helm's kind of looked like Shredder's too.

I didn't like how fast the story felt. For something as drastic as serious climatic and geological changes happening to that part of the world, and then some, I felt I hardly had much time to stop and realize the severity of that. Like we were just thrown right into the middle of the action. Eh...

Kazari
02-16-2005, 07:42 AM
Yeah lately it seems that they are rushing episodes. I don't really mind if they are multiparters.

Whitewolf89
02-16-2005, 11:32 AM
Yeah, I felt like it was a bit rushed, too. It would've been nice if they would've made it least a TWO-parter. I know "Notes From the Underground was a THREE-parter, but this one COULD've been at least two. Maybe had the High Mage and his bunch TEMPORARILY enslave the boys, only to have Versalia free them somehow, then have her show them the truth of her and her people's past. THAT probably would've worked better. But it was done the way it was, and we have to live with it. Drats.

Still, I'D like to see Versalia again myself, maybe sometime in Season 4, or maybe Season 5 (if there IS a Season 5). She was a good character, and it would be a shame IF she only turns out to be a one-shot character.

Peace.

shadowflame611
02-16-2005, 12:57 PM
I really think that she's coming back. *nods* a feeling bout it... I dont think that they'd juss drop it at that, anyways.

longing for leo
03-13-2005, 08:17 PM
yeah, they sure left it open ended enough anyway. i liked versalia alot too. but i have to defend raphie over the torture thing. i enjoyed the scene since i love angst & i'm just evil like that... but i liked it cause of his bros' reactions. ("no!" "raph!" "let him go!") & i really loved how leo was the 1 to rush to his aide & comfort/support him.

"And is it just me or did watching that Head Elithian (sp?) give Raph some crystal torcher after getting threatened make you feel good to see someone shut Raph's ego up?" "The little things here and there were fun too. Like how the Head Intian put Raph in head place"

ahh nooo! u guys are too cruel to my raphie! i, for 1, do NOT think that raph deserved to be put in his place & i certainly didn't feel good for THAT reason. & i don't even get how he stepped outta his place. u don't think he had the right to shout out something to the effect of: "you can't do that to our planet & kill all our people"? somehow, i think he was justified. :tlol: altright, i'll admit he needs it every once in awhile, but only his family has the rt to administer the punishment, & only in certain cercumstances. :twink: u have to admit, he is getting better lately. like in across the universe, leo's rubbing off. :trazz: