PDA

View Full Version : TMNT Cartoons 14+

Leonardo_the_sword_master
03-24-2005, 02:47 PM
i dont know if this has been talked about, but does anyone here wish that they had a TMNT 14+? i mean i have been watching the new cartoons and in the one were they have bad dreams cause of that odd monster, when leo stabs Splinter it doesnt go through his shirt and/or show blood. i mean i dont like seeing a LOT of blood but come on that WASNT even close to realistic. they should have a 14+ cartoon for the teens and s.

BartAllen
03-24-2005, 02:51 PM
well. i mean for it to be 14+ it would have to come on late at night. and it wouldnt do as well in ratings.. and they wouldnt make toys for the show either. but it would be cool if they made a show like that.

Deathknight
03-24-2005, 08:01 PM
Not really.

PizzaPower
03-24-2005, 10:04 PM
no, I like it the way it is.

Spitfire
03-24-2005, 10:59 PM
The games are Teen haha. But really we dont need a TV-14 show. It would drop rateings and plus we wouldnt get the pleasure of watching Laird push the limits of Saturday morning cartoon shows. Future Turtles dieing? Shredder De-cap? Splinter stabbing? This is all stuff we havnt really seen before in a saturday morning show. It's like a South Park or a CSI of kids shows. It defines how far you can go. I cant name on other cartoon on saturday morning with a scene of someone getting their head lobbed off. I also cant name one that showed 7 people die in one episode. Even my Dad who is a total violence freak and hates kiddy shows says turtles is pretty violent for a saturday morning show. Lately hes been waking me up to watch it with him hahaa

damnhooligan
03-24-2005, 11:31 PM
I think the parental guidelines and lack of blood/gore are just fine. But I wouldn't object to a rated-R flick/cartoon where Raph gets to drink, swear and fight 'til his heart's content. He just has that addictive sort of personality that would really shine if given more liberties.

Spitfire
03-25-2005, 12:27 AM
They kind of let him lose int he comics. The censor the cuss words but they cuss alot none the less and you can totally tell what word their saying. I dont see why they have to censor the comics since Im pretty sure kids dont read them. Oh well, that's a good idea though. But if they made anything turtles thatw as for adults it would be a bad buiness move. If parents caught wind of it them might not let their kids watch the normal curse word and extreame violence free show we have now. Then the ratings would drop and it would get kicked off the air. As it is now kids dont understand turtles. I know alot of kids who like it but dont watch it alot because they dont get whats going on....They tell me they would rather watch Power Rangers because its easier to understand. Last time I was at Wal-mart in the toy asile some kid walked up to me and asked me to grab him something off the top shelf. So I did and I said "Why dont you buy a Ninja Turtle" he said "I like the turtles but I dont understand the Ninja stuff and why they are always mad" I guess he umm didnt pay attention or just wasnt old enough to get the show (He looked like he was only 6) So I dont know. The orgnial comics were written for a mature auidence and the show is based off them...

Jephael
03-25-2005, 01:25 PM
You gotta keep in mind, most of society still thinks of the TMNT as those cute anime-eyed Heroes in a Halfshell from about 15 years ago so trying to go for a more mature version of the series will always be difficult to say the least.

raphaelprime
03-25-2005, 09:36 PM
it would be a bad move to do that, but on the other hand, it would be kinda interesting, maybe even to have a few episodes, cause i bet that they might would/could show it on AdultSwim on CartoonNetwork. but yeh it prolly would drop ratings. and the comics thing, i think thats bogus to sensor em, i dont think its right, cause if they get to sensor them then they should just tell the tabloid people, sorry no more stories for you, because they both involve the 1st amendment and its just not right, anyway ill save that speech for the comic section later on, lol.

John 14:6
03-25-2005, 10:18 PM
Yeah, we could get to see some blood and stuff, but I don't think that would really help the stories or action at all. It's already extremely enjoyable to watch.
I think of the MTV Spider-Man series. That really didn't seem that much more adult, just a swear word here or there and I think one episode with a lot of deaths. Had they cleaned it up just a little bit they might have been able to air it on Saturday mornings, without sacrificing much of the storyline at all, and it'd still be going on.

ZariusTwo
03-25-2005, 11:10 PM
Had they cleaned it up just a little bit they might have been able to air it on Saturday mornings, without sacrificing much of the storyline at all, and it'd still be going on.

The series is being renewed, in fact, it's going to air either in August or in early 2006.

It took a small break to find a new network (Nickolodean), and to wait until Spider-Man 2 came out, giving the writers sufficent time to work around the second movie (though it's rather stupid that they decided to base the series in the film continunity in the first place)

John 14:6
03-26-2005, 08:15 AM
The series is being renewed, in fact, it's going to air either in August or in early 2006.

It took a small break to find a new network (Nickolodean), and to wait until Spider-Man 2 came out, giving the writers sufficent time to work around the second movie (though it's rather stupid that they decided to base the series in the film continunity in the first place)
SWEET!!!!! I don't have cable and I bought the DVD of the first season, I'll have to pick this one up as well.
Yeah, how can they base it off the movie, anyway? They had Dr. Connors in the same movie that Harry found out that Peter was Spider-man, but they already had the Lizard in the series. They should just continue the series from where the last one ended. :|

BartAllen
03-28-2005, 11:54 AM

were did you get this information? from a site? or an actual press release. Im going to ask the guy at ninjaturtles.com about this.

Anarchistguy
03-28-2005, 01:55 PM
were did you get this information? from a site? or an actual press release. Im going to ask the guy at ninjaturtles.com about this.

He was talking about Spider-Man 2003, not the old TMNT 'toon.

BartAllen
03-28-2005, 02:17 PM
He was talking about Spider-Man 2003, not the old TMNT 'toon.
oh. alright cool. yeah that show was interesting.