PDA

View Full Version : New Ep Discussion: "The Real World" Part One and Two

Jo Dawn
03-25-2005, 08:13 PM
*looks around; blinks*

Hiya!

No wait! Don't leave the thread yet! You're not lost! Come in, come in. I'm merely filling in for Machi until she gets back. Don't worry. She'll come back soon. :)

The title of this week's ep. brought back bad flashbacks of that awful MTV show. *shudders* But, I guarantee that this episode will have nothing like Puck in it.

Leo's turn in all this to do the Time Warp; but he'll be meeting up with some familiar faces!

Will they be enemies in this new realm, or friends?

Will this weeks ep be more lighthearted than last week's??

What if he wants to stay???

And if not... How will Leo get HOME???? *falls over*

So many questions, only one way to find out! In but a few hours we will know just what universe Leo was thrown into.

See ya then. ;) :)

Jo Dawn
03-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Oy, sorry everbodies. I was at work wayyy longer than I shoulda been. Sorry again. We're now open. :)

shadowflame611
03-26-2005, 03:36 PM
I liked this ep. Specially the part in the beginning when Leo first wakes up and looks at that lil dinosaur thingy and says 'Drako?'. Lol he was cute in this ep.

USAGI!!! And he went back with Leo to Nexus... whats gonna happen there?!

I really want to see how they all get together again... what happened to Splinter, how the boys are gonna react to seeing each other again... and what happenes with UD. Can't wait!

tmnt_forever_fangirl
03-26-2005, 03:59 PM
"Same As It Never Was" will always be my favorite episode, but I also liked this episode.

The Neko clan...even though they were on the enemy side, I still thought they were pretty cool :D And Usagi!!! Got to see a lot more of Usagi and Genosuke in this episode! Genosuke hating water...lmao.

Jester
03-26-2005, 04:14 PM
Favorite quote:
Leonardo: I hate to point this out, but u have no arms, this isn't going to be much of a fight.
*Leo is coiled up by the Ninja Lord and flung against the wall*
Note to self: Arms are overrated!!

IceFlash78
03-26-2005, 04:26 PM
I don't know if anybody feels the same way, but this episode was kind of an ....letdown... after "Same As It Never Was." I mean.. this episode was good, but it didn't compare to last week's episode.

Having said this, I did enjoy it.. I loved the humor...

I laughed out when Usgai remarked when he came out of the bushes wearing Ninja garb, "I am cloaked in dishonor. Let us never speak of this." (this isn't the exact quote, but tis close enough.) I thought it was soo funny. I also loved the "Arms are overrated" line.

Can't wait to see next week's episode! I think we finally know what happened to that "judge" who was sucked into that rift with Draco and the UN... Apparently the UD can disguise itself as that judge!

John 14:6
03-26-2005, 04:27 PM
USAGI!!! And he went back with Leo to Nexus... whats gonna happen there?!
I really think the Danyo (I'm sure that's spelled wrong :D ) will help Leo and Usagi rescue the others and fight Ultimate Drago. Leonardo never started "phasing" like the others did. I'm betting that's because it was really Leo and Usagi causing the phasing by trying to retrieve them. I think the four turtles will be recovered and, with the help of Usagi and the Danyo, will have to go rescue Splinter from Ultimate Drago.

Jester
03-26-2005, 04:34 PM
I never thought of that...that the phasing was Leo's attempt to pull his bros through to the battle nexus....

Lioness-Goddess
03-26-2005, 05:05 PM
I missed it... :cry:

Oh well. That's what reruns are for.

shadowflame611
03-26-2005, 05:13 PM
I really think the Danyo (I'm sure that's spelled wrong ) will help Leo and Usagi rescue the others and fight Ultimate Drago. Leonardo never started "phasing" like the others did. I'm betting that's because it was really Leo and Usagi causing the phasing by trying to retrieve them. I think the four turtles will be recovered and, with the help of Usagi and the Danyo, will have to go rescue Splinter from Ultimate Drago.

Thats a really good theory! I noticed that Leo wasnt 'phasing' too. Hm... that explains alot... we'll have to wait till next week to see if it really happens.

Ace Duck
03-26-2005, 05:17 PM
I really think the Danyo (I'm sure that's spelled wrong :D ) will help Leo and Usagi rescue the others and fight Ultimate Drago. Leonardo never started "phasing" like the others did. I'm betting that's because it was really Leo and Usagi causing the phasing by trying to retrieve them. I think the four turtles will be recovered and, with the help of Usagi and the Danyo, will have to go rescue Splinter from Ultimate Drago.

Correct spelling is Daimyo, I believe.

I too was wondering why Leonardo didn't flicker out like the other guys did...I wouldn't be surprised if your theory is spot on. It is consistent with the brief description of the episode on the official TMNT site.

rayfillet101
03-26-2005, 05:42 PM
I noticed that non phasing thing too, and i made the connection, but it confused me so I stopped thinking! I loved this episode though! I wish there was a chance for ninjara, that clan looked an awful lot like her

Whitewolf89
03-26-2005, 05:54 PM
I missed it... :cry:

Oh well. That's what reruns are for.

Yeah, and it will be aired on CN the 4th of April, so, if you're off then at 2:30 PN (EST), you can see it. I know that I'm planning on watching it again, AND getting to see Part 2 the next day. Which is good.

John 14:6: Hate to burst your bubble, but according to what I read of what's going to happen in Part 2 of this at the official website, the Daimyo is not ONLY going to refuse to help Leo, he's ALSO going to have him imprisoned! (Slight paraphrase there, folks. ;) ) So it sounds like Leo is in for a bit of a hard time himself.

Hmmm, you know, as closely as I watched the ep this morning, it never even CLICKED with me that Leo never phased even ONCE!!! (Bad Wolfie, NOT noticing something THAT significant!) Maybe you have a point, John. I wonder WHY Leo never did that? Maybe the REAL trap for HIM is in the Battle Nexus next week? Oooooo, WHY does it have to be another sandblasted WEEK before we get to find out the resolution to this who mess for sure?! (A thousand curses on you, CN, for taking the show off your sandblasted schedule for two darned weeks! May a thousand flatulent Plutarkians invade your offices!!! :evil: )

And where pulling the other boys to the Nexus is concerned, I just get the VERY sick feeling that our LEO has had absolutely NOTHING to do WITH it!!! Catch my drift?

Also, did y'all notice that they DIDN'T show the preview at the end of this week's ep AGAIN?! I had to suffer through BOTH "One Piece" AND "Shaman King" to be able to SEE the thing, let alone record it! (Well, that's when KAZZY TOLD me that the darned thing would be on; I shoulda LISTENED to her, silly, silly me!) WHY couldn't they just have shown it at the END of today's ep the way they HAVE been doing, drat them?!

And IceFlash, the "judge" is called the "Kyoji" (I remember that from watching my "Battle Nexus" tape yesterday). Just a bit of FYI there. :D

Anyway, I LOVED this ep! Maybe as much as I did "Same as it Never Was"! (Well,Leo's my SECOND fave among the boys, so that's understandable!) I loved seeing Usagi and Gen again, as well as the new female character, Tomoayama (sp?). And the little panda-lord, Noriyuke, was adorable. LOVED him!!!

And I liked the "Arms are over-rated" line, too....although I was a bit iffy about the one where Usagi said "I am cloaked in dishonor; etc." Did he NOT remember that LEO is a ninja, too?! *huffs indignantly at the rabbit ronin* Although he DID make up for it later, by calling Leo "my brother" after they did the chanting-thing to open the portal to the Battle Nexus.

"You do not HAVE to ask, my brother. I AM going with you. As YOU say, what are friends for?"

THAT was quite POSSIBLY MY favorite line (okay, lines) in the whole ep. It just further shows the regard in which Usagi holds Leo. Loved it, and I can-NOT wait for Part 2 to find out what happens then! *grumbles in playful irritation* Like I said previously, though, WHY does it have to be another whole WEEK til we find out?! Grrrrr. I (semi-)HATE that!!!

Anyway, peace.

Kali
03-26-2005, 06:03 PM
I loved today's episode, though I was a bit... annoyed that Leo never phased like his brothers. But now that you mention it, next week may show that it was Leo’s attempt to bring back his brothers. I thought that they simply didn’t feel the need to illustrate how Leo was going to leave since he was going to find another way home. Maybe the fact that he had thought of a way home kept him from phasing?

But I did really enjoy the action, and the humor. I’ll admit, I never envisioned a Tokage being pink.

And for those unfamiliar with (or curious about) Usagi’s world: http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/./index.html

tmnt_forever_fangirl
03-26-2005, 06:03 PM
as well as the new female character, Tomoayama

Actually, I think it's Tomoe Ame...then again, you could be right, sis.

creativerealms82
03-26-2005, 06:11 PM
Remember UD wanted to deal with Splinter and the Daimyo first and Leo second then the other turtles. Also Draco's grudge is torward Usagi. UD probably took Splinter to the Nexus to deal with him and the Daimyo at the same time and sent Leo to Usagi's world knowing Leo and Usagi would find their own way to the Nexus.

Also we do not know the full power of the time rod, perhaps it can also minipulate peoples minds, no I doubt that but who knows really what powers UD has, he probably minipulates the Daimyo some how. It might not even be the real Daimyo that imprissions Leo and Usagi.

Just my theories.

Whitewolf89
03-26-2005, 06:15 PM
Actually, I think it's Tomoe Ame...then again, you could be right, sis.

No, actually, I think that YOU are. I listened to my tape several times, but I'll have to admit that I couldn't QUITE make out it's proper pronunciation. Heck, I didn't have HALF as much trouble with little Lord Noriyuke's! :lol:

On another note, did you guys notice that THIS is the FIRST ep of the show where they've shown HORSES?! QUADRAPED, riding horses, and not anthro ones. VERY cool, I thought...being the eternal horse-nut that I am!!! :lol:

Peace.

Duke
03-26-2005, 06:21 PM
I totally agree witht the Leo bringing his brothers to the nexus theory. It makes the most sense especially when you think about the color of the nexus portal, light blue, matching the color of their fading out. And it wouldn't be UD returning them to him because the time scepter puts off a bright green color.

shadowflame611
03-26-2005, 06:31 PM
So...what WAS in the preview, anyways? Was Splinter in it? j/w

J Legault
03-26-2005, 07:26 PM
This episode was great to watch. We get to see Leo in Usagi's MutiAnimal World. Was it just me or was this episode like watching one of those cartoons with talking different talking animals. Just this has to be the first episode to be like one of those Mutiple Animal cartoons, if you know what I mean.

Gen was funny in this episode. I keep forgetting the names of the other charaters.

Question: Was that Snake dude in the original Usagi comics? Because i keep forgetting who Usagi's arch-enemy is.

I might not be able to see next week's episode. I'll be leaving Washington DC around then.

But I can always wait for DVD releases of the episodes. I give this one 5/5

XERO
03-26-2005, 07:29 PM
This episode was really cool. The humor and light-heartedness was just what we needed after last week's tragedy. :)

Leo never lets us down when it comes to fight scenes. :D

Raph's Girl
03-26-2005, 08:08 PM
Yet another awesome ep!!! Yay for the crossovers!!! I recognized a couple characters and creatures from the few Usagi comics I've read...like those little dinosaur thingies. This ep aired at the perfect time...a Usagi ep just in time for Easter! :lol: ... It was quite cool to hear Leonardo be referred to as a Kame, plus all the other Japanese words mentioned in the ep! :D Those Ninja Moles were weird tho...ninja moles... :lol: And that evil Snake..How much silk was used to make his Kimono?! Yeesh! :o One other thing that was different about the ep is that at no time did Leonardo phase...hmmm...I also noticed that at the begining Klunk was laying down on the back of the couch instead of having his front feet propped up...definatly will have to get a screen shot of that... :evilgrin:

IceFlash78
03-26-2005, 08:13 PM
No, actually, I think that YOU are. I listened to my tape several times, but I'll have to admit that I couldn't QUITE make out it's proper pronunciation. Heck, I didn't have HALF as much trouble with little Lord Noriyuke's! :lol:

The closed captions also shows the "Tomoe Ame" spelling.

Shadowflame... The only thing I distinctly remember from the preview was that they showed Ralph, Don, and Mikey... and that UD burst from a... "shell" of the Kyoji. (Thanks Whitewolf!) The "bursting" to me, suggests that UD is able to diguise itself as Kyoji, which explains what happened to him when he was sucked into that rift (as I mentioned before). Basically.. Kyoji merged with UN and Draco, but since his will was weaker compared to them, they "absorbed" his essence rather than having a "third set" of parts in the UD... lol.. can you imagine what THAT would ahve looked like? the UKD!

Aska_Badoura
03-26-2005, 08:42 PM
It might not even be the real Daimyo that imprissions Leo and Usagi.Bingo. That's what I'm thinking too.

Yeah, it is Tomoe Ame, and Lord Noriyuki. I'm working on a crash course in UY characters to post here when I finish it, if you're interested. :)

And it wouldn't be UD returning them to him because the time scepter puts off a bright green color.Wow, you're observant... and you're probably exactly right. I hadn't thought about colors.

Shadowflame... The only thing I distinctly remember from the preview was that they showed Ralph, Don, and Mikey... and that UD burst from a... "shell" of the Kyoji.Oh really?! That makes me wonder if he really is in that conglomeration that is the Ultimate Drako. I wondered about that earlier. Hrm...

Basically.. Kyoji merged with UN and Draco, but since his will was weaker compared to them, they "absorbed" his essence rather than having a "third set" of parts in the UD... lol.. can you imagine what THAT would ahve looked like? the UKD!LOL, that's what I thought when I first saw UD... figured he/they'd never get anything done because the kyoji in them would keep stopping them for breaking form... ;)

Dinogrrl
03-26-2005, 10:00 PM
*is mad because the local 4Kids affiliate changed the screening time* Meaning I missed this again! Gah! Third times' the charm next week, eh? Oh well, off to the screen cap thread to see what I missed.

cowabunga14
03-26-2005, 10:11 PM
This episode was good. I liked the plot and Christoper Yost did a good job on how the episode was written. The cross-over was a good idea and it was good to see Gen and Usagi again. It sounds like next week's episode will be a continuation on today's. The synopsis sounds inrestin' for part 2 and I'm glad the "The Real World" has two parts. Lord Nambi was a great idea for a main villain. Next week's episode looks like it'll be an intriguing one.

Buslady
03-26-2005, 11:03 PM
GREAT episode, I recognised all of the characters from UY books!! EVERYBODY!! WOOHOO! Tomoe! Noriyuki! Neko Ninja and Jizu!
YAY!

I believe the should spin off UY, his own show and have it like TMNT/UY hour. I would be very faithful to UY as I am to TMNT. I have been fans of both pretty much since 1989, I have a pile of Fatagraphics books...I think I'll go thru em next week. hehe...

Very pleased with this ep, Leo was great...just flat out great. he was so right in Usagi's world, he took down Tomoe to easy though, she is a kick butt Samurai...not *that* easy but oh well...it was cool he did knock her on her butt..

Doppleganger
03-26-2005, 11:11 PM
I liked this episode. It complemented the dark "Same as It Never Was" bloodbath quite nicely with it's lightheartedness and humor. Almost every episode of this arc (and a lot) of the season had some deaths in it. This one did not. It was almost...optimistic.

Plus did you notice how in this episode the colors were more vibrant that I've ever seen them in ANY of the time episodes arc? Or in any episode for that matter. I wonder if this is just the color sheme of the Feudal Japan they wrote or if this means something else. Like say...it's symbolic for the happy conclusion that's about to come. Like future April said, "no matter what's happened there's always hope". And this episode proved just that. No deaths, no extreme violence nothing...dark. Pretty refreshing actually.

Lord Noriyuke was just so cute. :) Gen was hilarious (and gluttonous). And Usagi well he was humorous. "I feel wrapped in dishonor." :lol:

I agree with this theory about Leo trying to bring back his brothers. Oh and the Kyoji merged with UD. Poor guy. :(

Mobius One
03-27-2005, 12:21 AM
Wow, this episode was awesome, a very nice surprise, seeing that I had no idea what it was going to be about. Very cool. I still think Same As It Never Was was my favorite episode, but I kinda wish it was a two parter, because it was so interesting.

Rikirk
03-27-2005, 01:21 AM
This was an eppisode I really enjoyed, well any eppisode with Usagi in it gets high marks in my book. Im really starting to like that Samuari rabbit.

The scenes where Leo and Usagi confiscate the black Ninja garb, then go sneaking through the rafters...great stuff.
Samurai and Ninja really dont really see eye to eye,Ninja being assasins and all that, thats what makes Usagis and Leos friendship that much more poignant in my opinion.

Although I though Leo could have fought the Snake being a little better. Leo seemed to be getting his butt kicked, where Usagi wasnt having that hard of a time in battle. The Rhino had some cool moves too.

Anyway..a great eppisode. Hoping to see more of Usagi.

And that cat girl was kinda hot...

creativerealms82
03-27-2005, 07:00 AM
Well in this cartoon while the Turtles are called/are ninja Splinter has them follow a code of honor much like that of a Samuari. I doubt comic book Leo would get along this well with Usagi.

Mecha Cow
03-27-2005, 07:57 AM
I thought this episode was pretty boring...Not bad, just not very interesting. I hope next week's ep will be better.

stege-chan
03-27-2005, 08:33 AM
I think I was expecting more out of this episode. It didn't impress me that much, but I was REALLY happy to finally see non-alternate universe Leo after three weeks. And Usagi too! Just the fact that these two were IN it made me happy. ^^

Anyone else realize that Genosuke's name has been pronounced differently every time someone says it? Everyone should adopt Usagi's term of endearment for him and just call him 'Gen-chan'.

Also I've heard that Tomoe Ame is a pretty cool character in the comics...but personally, after about two seconds I HATED her. She was just...annoying. >.< Not to mention her voice was the same as the ever-hated Martina from Slayers. A couple more and the entire Slayers cast will be on this show. o.o

The fight scenes were really well done, especially the last one against Hebi-sama. And the cute lil' panda boy (Lord Noriyuki?) was adorable! I was expecting him to be a total coward and hide, and he saved Leo's butt! Go panda boy! *dances* Gambatte! Ohhh yeah, I totally loved the thrown in Japanese in this episode too. It made me feel smart. XD

I'm also glad this didn't end on too much of a cliffhanger. I really liked the end of it. Almost hard to believe the synopsis for next week with the happy way this ended. But as for me, I can't wait for Leo angst. *drools and cackles*

Lioness-Goddess
03-27-2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah, and it will be aired on CN the 4th of April, so, if you're off then at 2:30 PN (EST), you can see it. I know that I'm planning on watching it again, AND getting to see Part 2 the next day. Which is good.

REALLY!?? *hugs Wolfie* thank you thank you thank you for telling me!! Of course I'll have to run from school...but it's worth it darn it!

Raph's Girl
03-27-2005, 10:40 AM
REALLY!?? *hugs Wolfie* thank you thank you thank you for telling me!! Of course I'll have to run from school...but it's worth it darn it!

Wait..so "Real World Pt 1" will air on April 4th??? I guess then that I'll be keeping on that channel since Krypto the Animated series airs at 2pm starting April 4th. I still love it that 2 of my fave obsessions will be airing back to back :evilgrin:

But the odd thing is that CN is airing Exodus 1 on April 6th.... :o This is according to Yahoo tho so who knows what's going on :ohwell:

Aska_Badoura
03-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Very pleased with this ep, Leo was great...just flat out great. he was so right in Usagi's world, he took down Tomoe to easy though, she is a kick butt Samurai...not *that* easy but oh well...Well, I thought so too, but otherwise, they'd have fought through the whole episode.. ;)

The scenes where Leo and Usagi confiscate the black Ninja garb, then go sneaking through the rafters...great stuff.
Samurai and Ninja really dont really see eye to eye,Ninja being assasins and all that, thats what makes Usagis and Leos friendship that much more poignant in my opinion.I think it's so culturally interesting. 20th/21st century ninja (at least in this 'toon) are a much different thing than 17th century ones. The approaches are the same, but the philosophies are so much different. 'Honorable' and 'ninja' were pretty much seen as oxymorons in the past, (ninja changing allegances, swearing vows and then taking them back, attacking with unfair odds in their favor, etc) so having Leo say "I prefer to think that I am honorable and a ninja" pretty much sums up the difference. He uses stealth and trickery to win his way inside the stronghold, but is completely honorable in battle. His friends understand he's from a different culture, and when Usagi feels 'dishonorable', it's because he is dressed as a native ninja, and it's not an insult to Leo, because he's a much different thing. Not that Usagi wasn't uncomfortable sneaking around instead of taking the direct approach.

Although I though Leo could have fought the Snake being a little better. Leo seemed to be getting his butt kicked, where Usagi wasnt having that hard of a time in battle.Usagi's dealt with Hebi before, I think. Leo just met him (and he's never even seen a giant talking snake before, for that matter). It's understandable, I think.

Well in this cartoon while the Turtles are called/are ninja Splinter has them follow a code of honor much like that of a Samuari. I doubt comic book Leo would get along this well with Usagi.They seemed to do okay together in the crossover comics... I've only actually seen one of them in person, though (it's hard to find old Turtle comics around here... thank goodness for websites with synopses and images! :)).

TigerClaw
03-27-2005, 05:43 PM
This was a great episode, It would be cool if they made a spinoff series for Usagi, Anyways, Did anyone else besides me thought that Samurai catgirl was cute?

Whitewolf89
03-27-2005, 05:49 PM

:lol: Yep, really. *accepts the enthusiastic hug from Lioness-Goddess with a great amount of pleasure* And you're quite welcome. I was glad I could make your day.

And yes, it is...absolutely. ;)

Wait..so "Real World Pt 1" will air on April 4th??? I guess then that I'll be keeping on that channel since Krypto the Animated series airs at 2 PM starting April 4th. I still love it that 2 of my fave obsessions will be airing back to back :evilgrin:

Yeah, it will. I'm anxious for it to come back, too. I've missed our Boys in Green so much that I've been going through "TMNT withdrawal" for the past week, which was alleviated only a bit yesterday (Saturday). But we STILL have another week to go before they come back to CN's daily schedule, drat them! :P

Although Krypto sounds pretty cool. Maybe I'll start watching it before the TMNT comes on. Couldn't be any worse than "Ozzy & Drix". (PLEASE don't clobber me for that last sentence, k?! I didn't mean any harm by it, promise!!!)

But the odd thing is that CN is airing Exodus 1 on April 6th.... :o This is according to Yahoo tho so who knows what's going on :ohwell:

Yeah, it is. And Yahoo's USUALLY pretty accurate about TMNT's listings...more so than even CN's OWN schedule. Heck, I've gotten to where I trust Yahoo's more than I do my own Fox-affiliate one for the Saturday eps!

And you want to know the REALLY odd thing? CN's going to start RE-running the "Reality Check" ep-arc (BEGINNING with Mikey's ep, "Reality Check" (DUH! :roll: )) on the 8th of April! And CN hasn't even run the "Bishop's Gambit" ep yet!!! What's up with THAT?!

The only thing that I can figure about them doing THAT is that they had to put THAT one off, due to their dumb "Spring Break" thing, so they're going to rerun the "Reality Check" arc, THEN run "Bishop's Gambit", and THEN the "Exodus" two-parter in their proper order. What do Y'ALL think?

Sheeesh, I REALLY wish that CN would get their act together for once, and quit screwing things UP!

Peace.

J Legault
03-27-2005, 07:21 PM
let's see since this is an episode tooken palce in Usagi's Universe, I should go to the offical website of UY to memberize some of the charaters more.

I still keep thinking of this episode to be the first to include more animal charaters than before in the series.

03-27-2005, 08:33 PM
Remember UD wanted to deal with Splinter and the Daimyo first and Leo second then the other turtles. Also Draco's grudge is torward Usagi. UD probably took Splinter to the Nexus to deal with him and the Daimyo at the same time and sent Leo to Usagi's world knowing Leo and Usagi would find their own way to the Nexus.
I think you hit the nail on the head here!
I might have to stop reading this thread, now, so next week's episode doesn't get spoiled for me :D

Buslady
03-27-2005, 10:32 PM
I think Tomoe is more of a fox girl than a cat cause when Stan has a cat-like character, you know it's a cat...Katsuichi is basically a lion and you can tell.

Coola Yagami
03-27-2005, 11:33 PM
I don't think Usagi has just one arch enemy. As a Ronin he probably keeps wandering around in his series and faces all sorts of enemies. But that's my guess since I haven't read his comics.

R-iZZy
03-27-2005, 11:43 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head here!
I might have to stop reading this thread, now, so next week's episode doesn't get spoiled for me :D
LOL... Seriously! This whole discussion is one big possible spoiler, which is most likely to happen. All these twists, and all of your active minds are ruining it for my simple one!

I loved this episode. It was nice to see Leo fighting alongside Usagi, once again. I was a little surprised to see Gen in there. I always imagined him to be a little crooked, considering his fixation with wages and bets for more money. But then again, I think he was paid to go along with the mission of keeping Lord Noriugi (sp?) out of harm's way. The ninja felines were so cool, but I was a bit disappointed in their abilities. I wanted them to give Leo more of a challenge, considering a cat is well-known for its lightning-fast reflexes.

The action in Lord Heavy's room was insane! Usagi's skill to cut himself free, then Tomoe Amae free went smoothly. His moves, his quickness, it was all so amazing, I just couldn't help but rewind to that scene when the episode was done (I had it recording, as I did the other episodes of this story arc). Leo even had his moment of humor with the "hands are overrated" line (very rare to see Leo with a humorous line... but I still loved his Mikey impersonation when he said "air mail").

All in all, the episode was great. It's nice to see the friendship that Leo and Usagi have established. It makes you want to spit on that damn "The Tortoise and the Hare" tale! I can't wait to see what happens in next week's episode.

TheShowstoppa
03-28-2005, 01:27 AM
It was a good ep. I'm really waiting, however, on next Saturday's ep. Just think though... only 2 weeks until Exodus begins!

By the way... the arms line was just awesome!

Jester
03-28-2005, 08:42 AM
It is really nice to see the blosoming friend ship between Usagi and Leonardo. It kinda shows the friendship between Pete and Stan a little. I'm positive that we will see the rabbit ronin again, and i don't mean just next week...:P

Whitewolf89
03-28-2005, 03:43 PM
It is really nice to see the blosoming friend ship between Usagi and Leonardo. It kinda shows the friendship between Pete and Stan a little.

Yes, it is, and does. And I hope they get INTO Leo and Usagi's friendship more.

I'm positive that we will see the rabbit ronin again, and i don't mean just next week...:P

Me, too, and I definitely hope so! It would be nice to see him come back as either a recurring character or a semi-recurring one. In fact, it would be soooooooo neat IF they would do an ep (OR an ep-ARC, which would be even better, IMHO!) in a later season that would have all FOUR of the Turtles going to Usagi's dimension to visit, like they did in that one TMNT/UY crossover comic (which I don't yet HAVE in my collection, unfortunately. Drats. :P :evil: ).

Peace.

EDIT: Aw, cheese! Jo Dawn, I meant to ask if you were gonna post a SEPARATE teaser for Part 2 of this, or are we just gonna continue the discussion for it in THIS one after the ep airs? Just curious.

Again, peace.

Aska_Badoura
03-28-2005, 08:16 PM
They did have one event from the UY/TMNT crossover, with Usagi and Gen diving into the river to escape the neko ninja, although that was before the Turtles showed up. They just brought Leo and Lord Noriyuki along for the ride in this ep.

Comments on character design:

The characters are pretty much lifted straight from the comics. (Tomoe is usually yellowish, I dunno why she's white on that particular cover below)
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/captives.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/uychars.jpg

Which is kind of strange, since the comics are so toony, especially compared to the humans in the show:
BIG eyes, itty-bitty nose!
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/tomoe.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/apriltruefront.jpg

But it works, when you don't have the two different styles mixing that much. I also noticed they replaced all the sash-bows with knots... guess they think American boys won't like characters that have bows? *rolls eyes*

Chizu: She's head of the Neko Ninja Clan at some point in the UY story. She seems to be, in this episode. They changed the color of her outfit, I guess to seem more "dark":
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/chizu2.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/chizucut.jpg

This guy is driving me nuts! He looks like he's supposed to be someone specific, but I can't figure out who. It could be Chizu's brother, Shingen, but he's drawn more like a typical TMNT character than a UY character, and he hardly looks anything like the character here. If they'd made-over all the UY characters to fit into the TMNT2K3 style, they'd probably all look more like this. So why just this guy? For those who know more about UY, wasn't Shingen dead when Chizu became leader? What's going on? WHO IS THIS?!
Mystery-neko on the left, Shingen on the right:
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/shingenmaybe.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/shingen.jpg

More images & profiles and stuff in a little bit.

VaughnMichael
03-28-2005, 09:53 PM
I sure hope next week is better I thought this episode even with the cool characters to be rather boring....I mean seriously after last week...
-Putrescent

Raph's Girl
03-28-2005, 10:26 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/shingenmaybe.jpg

I dunno...that guy looks more like he could be a fox person than a cat. :ohwell: He almost looks like Naga, Ninjara's brother in the Archie comics. Naga or Kenji.

Doppleganger
03-29-2005, 04:38 AM
I sure hope next week is better I thought this episode even with the cool characters to be rather boring....I mean seriously after last week...
-Putrescent

Oh my goodness! Why must people compare this episode with last weeks. I mean sure last weeks was good but this is something different. Enjoy it for what it is. Not dark and just purely fun.

VaughnMichael
03-29-2005, 06:10 PM
Oh my goodness! Why must people compare this episode with last weeks. I mean sure last weeks was good but this is something different. Enjoy it for what it is. Not dark and just purely fun.
I'm not comparing I'm just saying that after last weeks amazing episode it would be hard for any let alone this episode to top it the only thing that could top it is if rat king came up in the episode lol

and I didn't find the episode very fun either....I reminded me allot of the old show....
-Putrescent

longing for leo
03-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I'm just saying that after last weeks amazing episode it would be hard for any let alone this episode to top it the only thing that could top it is if rat king came up in the episode lol

and I didn't find the episode very fun either....I reminded me allot of the old show....
-Putrescent
yeah, i've gotta agree. while i will admit that it was an amusing episode, & i most certainly would have loved it had it been set after mikey & raphs' eps, i can't say i enjoyed it a whole lot after don's. i know i shouldn't compare them, but this 1 really was a let down, any ep would be. we've never been given such a good ep as last wk, but... we've also never been shown anything as, um, cutesy as this. i was never exposed to the comics, so i don't have the benifite of knowing any1 but usagi (love him!) & Gen. i have to admit that they all looked like stuffed animals to me. well, except for the cat ninjas. they were kinda cool. Tomoe had the potential to be a cool character, but they made her kinda grating. u know, her voice & begging & "oh, my lord! we have to save him!" :roll: i dunno, she just kinda annoyed me.

aww, who am i kidding, i still liked the ep. i love anything w/ leo in it, i just had my expectations too high. i'm sure i'll like next wk a lot more cause i loved the nexus arc. oh, & after this ep, & what he said at the end (my brother!) i like usagi better than splinter. i've kinda developed a grudge against splinter since i read goblin cat's story bad places, possibly my favorite fanfic out there. but i digress... can't wait for part 2! man my life must look pretty pathetic to non-fans cause i live for saturday mornings! :lol:

TigerClaw
03-30-2005, 02:35 PM
I wonder if Tomoe is some sort of love interest for Usagi?

cowabunga14
03-30-2005, 06:37 PM
Hmmmmm...could be. I think she is.

Aska_Badoura
03-30-2005, 07:24 PM
Click the pictures/names to get the brief profiles from www.usagiyojimbo.com. There are links to synopses of stories the characters have appeared in on each of the profile pages. I'll try to add any info I know from other sources if I have any.

Myomoto Usagi http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/usagi-121x150.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/usagi5.jpg (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/usagi.html)
Do I really need to give you a picture of him?

Ame Tomoe/Tomoe Ame http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/tomoeame-102x150.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/tomoe.jpg (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/tomoe.html)
As the page says, "Tomoe Ame" is/was a Japanese candy. Her full name is Tomoe Ame, but her friends call her Tomoe, implying that that's her first name. If that's the case, it really should be written "Ame Tomoe", but then it would mess up the pun, so a lot of fans are confused about which name is which. In the Turtles episode, they just bypassed the confusion by always calling her by both names. I thought it sounded a little awkward (how many people call you by both your first name and your surname?), but easier to figure out, I guess.
For now, she and Usagi are just really close friends, although there is the implication that they may fall in love eventually.

Murakami Gennosuke http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/gen-97x150.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/gentrw.jpg (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/gen.html)
Bounty hunter. Likes sake. Likes betting. Friend of Usagi's. That's about it for my knowledge.

Lord Noriyuki (and his little dog, too, heehee) http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/noriyuki-100x150.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/noriyuki.jpg (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/noriyuki.html)
Cute little lord of the Geishu province.

More in my next post.

Raph's Girl
03-30-2005, 09:48 PM
For now, she and Usagi are just really close friends, although there is the implication that they may fall in love eventually.

Im just trying to picture what their offspring would look like... but then again we've all seen what a Cabbit (Rabbit Cat mix) looks like via Tenchi Muyo. :lol: And for those who have never seen Tenchi Muyo...This is Ryo'oki...she's a Cabbit...she meows alot....Ryo'oki can also transform into a Mech and a Starship...aint she cute?? :D The first image is Ryo'oki in her normal form(when she's not a starship)...but she can go humanoid too:

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/Dierna/cabbit.jpg
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y72/Dierna/Ryo.jpg

Aska_Badoura
03-30-2005, 10:21 PM
Stan Sakai said if Tomoe and Usagi ever had children, the girls would be cats and the boys would be rabbits. There aren't any hybrids in UY, although that would be interesting. :)

Very cute little cabbit-creature there, though. :D

Lord Hebi http://www.geocities.com/jafarnut/hebi-102x150.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/hebi.jpg
apparantly his profile is being overhauled (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/hebi.html), so there's no info there. But you can see an archive of it here (http://web.archive.org/web/20030727172002/http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/hebi.html). The archive links all go to other places in the archive, and they may not all be there, so this might be quirky, but better than nothing.
It looks like they changed his design quite a bit, actually.
I get the impression from his profile that he was working for a higher lord, though (Lord Hikiji, I think his name is). I guess they just cut him out of this script for simplicity.

Kashira Chizu http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/thumbnails/characters/chizu/chizu-103x150.png http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/chizu.jpg (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/chizu.html)
I think it's the head-wrap that denotes the leader of the neko ninja clan, and so I think Chizu is the leader in this ep (aside from Lord Hebi telling her to send 'her' neko ninja to stop Usagi, which I guess is proof enough). In the comics, her brother Shingen was leader (and wore the headband), but he was killed. Chizu and Gunji (another higher-up in the clan, I think) were rivals for the headship, and Gunji plotted to kill Chizu, but she killed him instead(and actually, all this happened in the UY/TMNT crossover that I think this ep was at least marginally based on), so then she was leader. I guess the mystery neko ninja I mentioned earlier could be either Shingen or Gunji (I don't know what Gunji looks like).

I still have a couple more, but I thought I'd post this since I have this much finished.

cowabunga14
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Those profiles are intresring. I wish there was more info on Lord Hebi. He seems like a character that deserves a lot of info.

Jephael
04-01-2005, 12:14 PM
I really wish they had used these characters in the original cartoon at some point.

Whitewolf89
04-01-2005, 12:19 PM
I think they DID use Usagi in a couple of eps in the old series, but he was the ONLY one from the UY Universe that they used. More's the pity.

Peace.

Anarky
04-01-2005, 04:18 PM
Yes, I definitely remember that Usagi was in the Old Toon.

And this was my first ep after a long time. So I enjoyed it even more... hehe, some great lines in there. The arms-one has been mentionned and one of my personal favourites is just before the intro: "Do normal people ever have days like this?"

04-01-2005, 06:38 PM
Yes, I definitely remember that Usagi was in the Old Toon.
Yeah, I also remember my brother had the Usagi action figure. I had the Space Usagi figure.
I also had a figure I really liked called Panda Kahn. I don't think he was ever in the show, but I think he was from some other comics or something. We used to pretty much have him and Usagi partners when we played.

Anarchistguy
04-02-2005, 08:42 AM
"Suggestion time"

How about This:

Instead of locking this thread, why don't you mods remove the "Part One" part and rename it New Ep Discussion: "The Real World"?

creativerealms82
04-02-2005, 09:11 AM
Good bye draco and UN gets a second chance at life, maybe this time he will be a better person.

Jester
04-02-2005, 09:13 AM
AWESOME EPISODE!!!
I'm not sure why, but this episode made me tear up more than "SaiNW." Seeing the Daimyo in such straights, distressed by the los of his son, no matter how evil. Donatello's responce to his brothers (though over the next few episodes i expect more) Splinter calling out to his sons, finally pulling them to the Nexus. You all were right...the phasing was the result of Leo (and Sensi) pulling his family through to the Nexus. I'm happy that UD was restored to his 2 seperate parts, and that the Daiymo has his son restored to him. Agai, this show keeps getting better and better!!!

Anarchistguy
04-02-2005, 09:15 AM
I tell ya, episodes like this one are what makes this show so damn good.

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-02-2005, 09:17 AM
Another awesome episode. Usagi and Leonardo make for a good team. They are noble and honorable warriors. I love how they respect each other so much. I hope in Season 4 Usagi comes to Earth to visit. He is just too awesome of a character.

I'm glad they finally explained what was goiing on as they faded out. I thought it was Ultimate Draco doing it but it was Splinter the whole time. Interesting. I'm glad the Turtles and their master are 5 again. Donny sure seemed happy to see his brothers. Mikey was a bit confused about the whole arms thing. lol

So Draco is finally gone? Good. He was getting on my nerves. I don't see how he could come back from that anyway, being a pile of dust. And the Ulimate Ninja has a second chance at life. I hope he makes the best of it. He was a real jerk as an adult. Perhaps a second childhood will teach him some honor.

Great way to wrap up this entire arc. Dang, it was a long one. 5 parts in all. I hope they put all 5 on the DVD. It would be a real drag if they broke this one up. Oh well. 3 episodes to go in the season! According to Tv.yahoo.com, 'Bishop's Gambit' is next week! So maybe we'll get 'Exodus' later this month. It's really hard to believe that the season could possibly be over before May. Maybe this time they are not going to wait on the season finale for the fall. Thank God!

Anarchistguy
04-02-2005, 09:21 AM
Great way to wrap up this entire arc. Dang, it was a long one. 5 parts in all. I hope they put all 5 on the DVD. It would be a real drag if they broke this one up. Oh well. 3 episodes to go in the season! According to Tv.yahoo.com, 'Bishop's Gambit' is next week! So maybe we'll get 'Exodus' later this month. It's really hard to believe that the season could possibly be over before May. Maybe this time they are not going to wait on the season finale for the fall. Thank God!

Don't jinx it :D

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-02-2005, 09:25 AM
We're getting 'Exodus' this month regardless. It's going to be on Cartoon Network. I might have to get my Mom to tape it for me, so I don't have to wait until September to view it. That is if 4kidsTv pulls that crap. :x

shadowflame611
04-02-2005, 09:26 AM
Great episode. I loved Usagi and Leo...they DO make a great team. And seeing lil UN definetly made me smile. And when the boys reunited was sweet...

Did anybody see next weeks preview? :-?

Anarchistguy
04-02-2005, 09:30 AM
Great episode. I loved Usagi and Leo...they DO make a great team. And seeing lil UN definetly made me smile. And when the boys reunited was sweet...

I can already see Kazari with her Avatar and sig dedicated to lil' UN.

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-02-2005, 09:30 AM
They are showing next week's preview during another show. I HATE that. I'll just catch it online later next week.

creativerealms82
04-02-2005, 10:03 AM
Yeah Leatherhead will have one more appearance this season. Just saw the preview for Bishop's Gambit and he was in it.

Donny's moments were great "You're young, you're alive, Mikey you have both arms, sweet stuff.

Mandi-chan
04-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Leatherhead? Yay!!!! I love him, he's such a sweetie!
Anyway, this episode was very very good! I loved Leo and Usagi's interactions with one another, loved Leo's frustration when he couldn't get any of his family members back (plus he caught a peek at what each of them experienced!), loved Splinter's determination to stop UD, and Don's reaction to seeing Mikey and Raph again!

Lil UN is so cute (can't say the same for his adult self), I'm glad he got a second chance!

Can't wait for next week!

Jo Dawn
04-02-2005, 10:32 AM
Well, I missed the ep. Again. Blah. But it sounded rather good.

I missed Donnie's reaction?

But better yet... Draco is GONE!! Hallelujah!

Now that I know of the 'happy ending' (sorry, Draco fans) I can watch when it's on CN. :)

ZariusTwo
04-02-2005, 10:41 AM
Second childhood...god, that is soooooooo Sailor Moon S

Ryona
04-02-2005, 11:11 AM
I absolutly loved this episode along with the other ones too! :D

I so hope we see more Leo and Usagi together in the near future!! They are such an awesome team! :anime:

Urbanski
04-02-2005, 11:13 AM
Did anybody notice that Splinter still had the Daimyo's staff in his hands when he was transported back home. It looked like it was going to be transported with him, but I'm sure it wasn't.

I'll definitely be doing some taping Thursday and Friday (Cartoon Network) and then Saturday (4Kids) to make sure I've got the last three episodes in case Fox decides to do what they did with the end of last season. I won't watch the last two episodes, though, until after I've seen 'Bishop's Gambit'.

Aska_Badoura
04-02-2005, 11:48 AM
I for one am pleased when things come out the way I thought they would!

Drako and the Daimyo's son (don't daimyo's sons have a title? I oughtta research that. Or at least, somebody give the guy a name besides UN :p) split, Daimyo's son grew a conscious. I'd hoped he would. Didn't exactly expect him to regress in age, (I guess so he wouldn't have any memory of that whole nightmare experience, let him be more innocent) but he was a very cute little boy! The people of the Nexus have those piercing eyes and pointed ears. He looked like an elf. :) I just hope his daddy doesn't die before he's grown up. :ohwell: And you guys were right about one of them trying to pull the others back. I wasn't sure who it was going to be, myself, but I did notice Leo didn't phase in Usagi's world.

Donny got his hugs; he had the worst of it, after all. :cry:

"What sorcery is this?" :lol: Am I the only Gargoyles fan who got a kick out of that? :D

When I saw them crumble the UN into dust, I was going "No! They can't do that! He's sorry, for crying out loud!" Then Lord Simaultaneous brought him back. Whew! :)

I kinda feel like Drako should have been given a second chance too (little Drako? Heehee!), but *shrug* either way, I don't think he'd have been in the series any more after that. Might as well just kill him off, I guess.

They threw in Usagi referencing his master, Katsuichi. I still have some UY material to post here, I guess I'll give you a little info about him too.

EDIT: Leo saw Raph fall into the ravine... did he see the older Mike too?

And what about the poor kyoji?!! :goofygri:

Mandi-chan
04-02-2005, 11:49 AM
Second childhood...god, that is soooooooo Sailor Moon S

LOL :D

But UN was evil, Hotaru was possessed! :)

Did anybody notice that Splinter still had the Daimyo's staff in his hands when he was transported back home.

Yeah, I noticed that too, I'm sure Lord S left it behind in the Battle Nexus though.

Turtleman100
04-02-2005, 12:09 PM
This episode was great. I hope they put all 5 on DvD as well.

Raph's Girl
04-02-2005, 12:10 PM
Yea!! Awesome!!! Now we know the rest of the story!!! And thanks to Lord Similtanious everything is right again...Ultimate Draco is no more and Ultimate Ninja is a kid again...so he can start all over... neat!... I loved Don's reaction to seeing his brothers alive again....At first I was thinking it would be the Damyo who summoned everybody back entirely...but it ended up being Splinter...But hey...they're all back together... And to Casey and Klunk it's only been 10 minutes since the turtles and Splinter all left....

cowabunga14
04-02-2005, 12:14 PM
This episode was rad. I liked the sneakin' around stuff. It was great to see the Turtles united again. Its good that Drako's gone cuz it got kinda annoying for him to be in a five episode story arc. Usagi and Leo really worked toghter and it was amazing how the staffs powers combined. That looked really rad.

shadowflame611
04-02-2005, 12:20 PM
They threw in Usagi referencing his master, Katsuichi. I still have some UY material to post here, I guess I'll give you a little info about him too.

What does Katsuichi look like? Is he a rabbit like Usagi?

thinking it would be the Damyo who summoned everybody back entirely...

So was I. I thought that at the last minute Damyo would wake up, see his son, and realize that Leo didnt let go on purpose... or something along those lines. :)

Doppleganger
04-02-2005, 12:50 PM
Wow! The Daimyo must have been hit pretty hard by depression after losing his son. I'm guessing that when Mikey's Christmas Rescue came out that the shock of him losing his son didn't hit him just yet (post traumatic stress disorder?). This episode also made me wonder where UN's mother is. I mean poor UN probably didn't have a mother around and he become the evil spoiled prince type that we all know and hate. If he had a mother around perhaps he wouldn't have turned out this way. Oooh fic idea springing through, shoo, shoo!

Like most people have commented it was nice to see the aftermath of Donny being in that horrible reality. He hugged his brothers and confused Mikey. :) Plus we finally found out what was doing that phasing thing. Good job on the people who guessed it correctly.

I can already see Kazari with her Avatar and sig dedicated to lil' UN.

I gotta admit that lil' UN was just as cute as Lord Noriyuko.

"What sorcery is this?" Am I the only Gargoyles fan who got a kick out of that?

I didn't catch that! But I thought lil' UN looked a lot like one of the Fay.

Aska_Badoura
04-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Katsuichi's a lion. :) Younger version of him on the color cover; he lost his eye in that fight, I think. Somewhere along the way, anyway.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/katsuichi.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/katsuichi-104x150.png Click for profile. (http://www.usagiyojimbo.com/characters/katsuichi.html)

I've still got some more stuff, but vBulletin's complaining about my number of images again. I'm a visual person, darn it! :p

I didn't catch that! But I thought lil' UN looked a lot like one of the Fay.The powers of the two staffs were merging over his/their heads, and they said "What sorcery is this?" Heehee!
Yeah, I always thought UN looked rather fay-ish (in the literal sense, people; don't start :p); it's the no-pupils thing, and the ears. :)

Aska_Badoura
04-02-2005, 01:23 PM
Sorry I'm posting this stuff so late that it gets mixed up with the discussion of today's ep. :(

Found a little blurb on Lord Hebi from a pdf of a role-play book:
Lord Hebi is one of Lord Hikiji's senior retainers and a scheming, evil samurai.

So I guess they just didn't bother with Lord Hikiji. There's a blurb on him, too:
Lord Hikiji (also known as "the Shadow Lord") is an evil daimyo "of a small neighboring province" near Geishu province [Noriyuki's lands], who seeks to overthrow the Shogun ("His eyes lust after new provinces rather than look after the one he already has." - Lord Noriyuki). Shortly before defeating Lord Mifune [the lord Usagi once served; he died] at the Battle of Adachigahara, he killed Usagi's father, who was the town magistrate. He is also responsible for giving Usagi his characteristic scar.

Now when you haven't read the comics, you might be like I was for a long time, and say "what scar"? (or I could just be really dumb, but hopefully not ;)) It doesn't come across in animation well... mostly because you'd draw a line in that place anyway to show his 'eyebrows' lifting. It's above his left eye, and you can usually see it very well in Stan Sakai's drawings. Even in the old 'toon, it wasn't always obvious, I don't think, and not in this series either.

I was going to post the profile for the mogura ninja clan, but there really isn't any info there. I don't think they've appeared that much in the comics.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/mogura.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/moguraninja.jpg

Not much on the neko ninja either, although they've appeared a lot. This comic, BTW, is the first of a three part crossover with TMNT. This is the scene where they're escaping into the river, which they did use in "Real World". The TMNT aren't there yet, though.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/muy1.jpghttp://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/nekoninja.jpg

I noticed the animators had a hard time keeping track of who was using katana (curved blade) versus ninja-to katana (straight blade) in the last ep; the samurais' swords changed a lot. In today's ep, Usagi's swords were always ninja-to, which is dead wrong, but again, if they don't tell the animators specifically (or if they're not paying attention *cough* but animators always pay attention, don't they?! ;)), they probably wouldn't notice that on the storyboard; it's a pretty subtle difference between a curved blade and a straight blade that *looks* like it's curving due to fast movement (which is typically how you draw a fast-moving sword). Stan Sakai is always very careful about that sort of thing. If you look at the cover above, Usagi and Gen have curved swords, the neko ninja have straight ones.

Still have a little more, LOL...

Buslady
04-02-2005, 03:09 PM
I thought it was cool Usagi-san mentioned Katsuichi...

I think they ought to spin off and get an Usagi series going. His world works so well animated and then time to time x-over TMNT.

YAY dumped that draco idiot and will we ever get to know what the Daimyo's son's name is??

good story arc I enjoyed every minute of it.

I thought iwas cool that in the prologue of each ep, they focused on the "star" turtle of the ep and we got all kinds of different angles in each beginning. Just a little thing but it was neat. and then how they explained the unsuccessful phasing of the guys in their adventures, good writing.

04-02-2005, 03:15 PM
Yeah, I noticed that too, I'm sure Lord S left it behind in the Battle Nexus though.
When I saw he was holding the staff as they were being sent back I made sure to watch and see if he still had it when they arrived in the lair. Sure enough, it was left in the Battle Nexus.

LionO
04-02-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, what can I say. This is one of my favorites. Hope they continue pushing for quality of this sort as far as depth, interest and well written stories. :D

IceFlash78
04-02-2005, 03:47 PM
I loved this episode! Brought the arc to an satisficatory close. I teared up when Splinter was calling his sons out of their dimensions, and I was happy that Don rejoiced at seeing his brothers... I hope they do little bit more of that in the future episodes.

However, i felt the episode was somewhat rushed... I have no idea why though.. It seemed like almost EVERYTHING was resolved in like the last five minutes of the episode.. I'd have liked little more time spent on battling the UD, the brothers' reactions to each other, etc etc..

I kinda wished that the Diamyo would have forgave Leo... but I was happy to see that he was reunited with his son though! Perhaps the return of his "lost son" will help him regain some vitality. He looked so old and frail :( Overall, I was very pleased with this episode.

Doppleganger
04-02-2005, 03:52 PM
I kinda wished that the Diamyo would have forgave Leo... but I was happy to see that he was reunited with his son though! Perhaps the return of his "lost son" will help him regain some vitality. He looked so old and frail :( Overall, I was very pleased with this episode.

This kind of makes me wonder if "Mikey's Christmas Rescue" was some sort of AU thing. Why would the Daimyo accompany the turtles party if he was so angry with them? :/

Jester
04-02-2005, 04:20 PM
"What sorcery is this?" :lol: Am I the only Gargoyles fan who got a kick out of that? :D
Nope...I noticed that too....it makes me think they watched that series...SaiNW and Future Tence anyone??

Kazari
04-02-2005, 04:48 PM
I was kind of ticked at the end to see him as a child..I would rather him be an adult still *poutz*

I was finally happy that they split...sad when I first thought he died..

but I WAS right about him not being as evil..and him not wanting to kill his father proves it *nods*

Jester
04-02-2005, 04:53 PM
But I WAS right about him not being as evil..and him not wanting to kill his father proves it *nods*
Yeah....it seems that draco had a bigger role in the mutation and the plan because he was evil...there was mor eof Draco visible than UN and the order of destruction:
"The Rat First, then the Daimyo, your father, then Leonardo"
Draco's enemy first, then a "mutual" enemy then UN's enemy...and the humble Kaioji was just a pawn...since he isn't evil...:P

Kazari
04-02-2005, 05:21 PM
I don't think the Kyoji was real....remember in Part 4..he can sucked through the portal? So I never believed the Kyoji in this episode was the true Kyoji.

Leonardo Mystic
04-02-2005, 05:24 PM
Both episodes were awesome. Leonardo never ceases to amaze me with his moves in battle. He always has excellent fighting scenes.

Today's was a really nice and tidy wrap up of the whole arc. Kudos to the writers for coming up with this to explain everything. It took a lot of creativity.

*grins* Heh, and I have to ask to get screen caps of Leo in the guard's robe uniform, please. He looked just so handsome in it.

Aska_Badoura
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Random stuff, and I'm finally finished with all these images:

Another pic of Usagi, Tomoe and Lord Noriyuki. They're being attacked by these big spidery things. Ewww.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/usagitomoenoriyuki.jpg

Another of the ninja clans is the Komori, the bats. From a blurb on the UY site, it sounded like they were supposed to be in part one of this ep, but they probably got cut for time.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/komori.jpg

UY/TMNT stuff: The cover of UY Vol 1 #10, which had a back-up story with Leo and Usagi. I think it references "Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew", a little short and rather silly crossover in Turtle Soup #1, so it came after that.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/uy10.jpg

The covers of UY Vol 2, #2&3. The second two parts of the really big crossover. Poor Leo, ouchy!

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/muy2.jpg http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/muy3.jpg

Just an aside: I always wondered if there were any turtle-people native to Usagi's universe (I always thought the TMNT would scandalize everyone because they're naked! :goofygri: There is a little exchange from the crossover comic I saw on a website:
TMNT: Do you guys have tails? (a question that has long plagued Usagi fans ;))
Gen: Now, don't get personal! At least we wear clothes!)

The only thing I've found is a kappa. Not a pleasant critter! But are there turtles? I dunno.
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y73/Zakiyah/UYstuff/uy6.jpg
----------------

I don't think the Kyoji was real....remember in Part 4..he can sucked through the portal? So I never believed the Kyoji in this episode was the true Kyoji.Season 4: The Search for the Kyoji, LOL...

Hmmm... you're right, Doppleganger. That is weird. But it can't be alt reality, or Klunk wouldn't be around. Unless it's partially alt reality, or the Daimyo had sort of a delayed reaction or something.

Torrant2
04-02-2005, 06:48 PM
awesome, just plain awesome. It made me wonder what he was doing to Splinter. Nice to see Leo call him dad.

tmnt_forever_fangirl
04-02-2005, 07:23 PM
I liked today's episode, but...now I hate Ultimate Draco with a passion. I mean, he *hurt* Splinter! *grumbles* cruel beast...I was glad when UN and Draco separated.
And little UN is soooo cute!!
I just loved Don's reaction when they were reunited. :D

Jester
04-02-2005, 07:29 PM
I don't think the Kyoji was real....remember in Part 4..he can sucked through the portal? So I never believed the Kyoji in this episode was the true Kyoji.
I think the Kyoji was a part of Ultimate Draco, just a hidden part because he is good and a humble servent of the Diamyo and his family (thus the UN). But what happened after the Kyoji's fasade had played out his usefulness, did Ultimate Draco just kill him, did the shattering of the assumed Kyoji in essence kill him??(Note: Only Draco and the Daimyo's son were un-merged...where was the Kyoji??) The one thing that bugged me about this episode was the fact noone was suprised by the Kyoji...not the Diamyo, not Leo or Usagi...no one. Wasn't he sucked into the void too?? wouildn't the Daimyo want to know if the Kyoji could escape the rift if there was some hope for his son?? Again i think that the Kyoji was a3rd and hidden part of UD...thus allowing him to take on the fasade of the Kyoji...but why couldn't he take the form of Draco or UN...ahhh...all this thinking makes my brain hurt!!

tmnt_forever_fangirl
04-02-2005, 07:36 PM
...so...if Kyoji's a 3rd part of Draco...or whatever you just said @.@...then that would mean that Draco was probably there when the UN fought Leonardo before this whole mess started, right?

Kazari
04-02-2005, 07:44 PM
You mean the first Ultimate Ninja episode? That wouldn't make sense. I don't think Kyoji was part of them...I think they were just able to hide themselves as him i mean look they were just a dragon in the Time Trevails episode.

and the UN's name is Ve-Sama.

Jester
04-02-2005, 08:08 PM
...so...if Kyoji's a 3rd part of Draco...or whatever you just said @.@...then that would mean that Draco was probably there when the UN fought Leonardo before this whole mess started, right?
un...no....i'm saying that Ultimate Draco is a amalgum of Draco, the Diamyo's son, and to a much lesser extent the Kyoji....weren't they the only 3 people sucked into the vortex??
I don't think Kyoji was part of them...I think they were just able to hide themselves as him i mean look they were just a dragon in the Time Trevails episode.
But how...and why hide as the kyoji for say Leo...why not a mamber of his family...say his master??

Ryona
04-02-2005, 08:09 PM

FINALLY!!! A name! :D

How did you discover that, Kazari?

Kazari
04-02-2005, 08:16 PM
To be more misleading as Kyoji. He wouldn't question it as much and since the UN has been with Kyoji all his life..he knows how to act like him.

Ryo: Its from Playmates Toys..on the back of the UN figurine box. It says his name is Ve-Sama so I am going with that LOL

Ryona
04-02-2005, 08:33 PM
Ryo: Its from Playmates Toys..on the back of the UN figurine box. It says his name is Ve-Sama so I am going with that LOL

That is so cool! :D

Thank you so much for that info, Kazari! I can finally refer to him by name and not some title or acronym! :lol:

Doppleganger
04-02-2005, 09:24 PM
I think the Kyoji was part of Ultimate Draco, how else could they have posessed that morphing capability he had. Plus they might have used Kyoji's power to travel to medieval Europe where the turtles first encountered UD. Most likely with Draco destroyed the Kyoji died with him. Shame really.

God let's hope having Ve-sama back will cheer up the Daimyo (any luck on his name Kazari?) he looked terrible. And I didn't think they'd cover such things as mental illnesses in this show. :o They've been pushing the bar almost as much as Justice League does. :evilgrin:

EDIT: Okay Justice League and Batman: The Animated Series for mental illnesses. :P

Kazari
04-02-2005, 09:36 PM
Sorry I got nothing on the Daimyo's real name :(

Doppleganger
04-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Sorry I got nothing on the Daimyo's real name :(

S'oright I was just curious anyways. But this episode really did make me wonder about the homelife of the Daimyo and UN in the Battle Nexus. I really want to know what happened to UN's mother. Is she dead? Guess we'll never know.

Kazari
04-02-2005, 10:06 PM
S'oright I was just curious anyways. But this episode really did make me wonder about the homelife of the Daimyo and UN in the Battle Nexus. I really want to know what happened to UN's mother. Is she dead? Guess we'll never know.

That's funny! I was just discussing this VERY same topic to someone online *laughs*

Yeah I am wondering about that too. I really love Nexus. Too bad they can't have an entire season about it

Aska_Badoura
04-02-2005, 11:25 PM
and the UN's name is Ve-Sama.*suspicious glance* Is that official, or did you name him, Kazari? ;)

Ryo: Its from Playmates Toys..on the back of the UN figurine box. It says his name is Ve-Sama so I am going with that LOLReeeeely? *squints at itty-bitty letters on the box pic at ninjaturtles.com* I see it sortuv! (at least a short blob with a hyphen and a bigger blob, LOL) :goof: Cool! I need to find some scans of figure boxes... so, do you think his name without title would be Ve, or is the -sama actually part of his name?

I LIKED the kyoji! I'm upset! :p

Ninja Tiptup
04-02-2005, 11:31 PM
I liked how the tied all the episodes together and showed why the turtles fazed out a bit and then eventually fazed out entirely.

Well Kazzy you must be happy. No more Ultimate Draco but now you might be considered a pedophile. :D

Lioness-Goddess
04-03-2005, 06:08 AM
GAH! I missed it AGAIN! They had an emergency at the aquarium I work in and I had to work...oh well.

It's supposed to be on CN on April 4 and 5, right?

Kazari
04-03-2005, 07:22 AM
I didn't make it up *laughs*

Yes I was VERY VERY happy! *giggles* I was squealing for a few moments.

OA
04-03-2005, 10:04 AM
So this arc has finally concluded...i really, really enjoyed it and hope they will continue to explore the Nexus in future episodes...

PizzaPower
04-03-2005, 11:07 AM
This episode was very good. I am glad that Usagi stayed with Leonardo and started to become a ninja just to help him. ANd the whole time when we saw the turtles try to leave. That was Leonardo!! So Leo's happened first but they did not show him to last. Wow this is getting good. Can't wait to see next weeks episode with Biship.

Duke
04-03-2005, 11:19 AM
So Leo's happened first but they did not show him to last.They happened at the same time.

Raph's Girl
04-03-2005, 11:34 AM
That's funny! I was just discussing this VERY same topic to someone online *laughs*

I know what happened to his mother....she fell thru the same plot hole as Princess Jasmine's mother, Ariel the Little Mermaid's mother(altho what happened to her WAS written by a famous Author too...just that Disney refuses to publish it...It's a really good story too! ), Aladdin's mother (who WAS alive in the original story), Voyager's borg baby.... :lol:

Aska_Badoura
04-03-2005, 01:17 PM
I find it interesting (and a bit irksome) that things happened in the story that they skip over. For instance, in Mike's ep, when he asked Leo if he knew why he likes comics, and Leo answers "Probably because of the superheroes". That dialog didn't take place in Leo's ep at all. It had to have been there, but where? (I do realize they only have 23 minutes to tell their story, and they could only keep enough common dialog between all 4 eps to give you the basic idea of what was happening. That's the technical reason, but tech is no fun ;)) And I would have liked to have heard the other voices (hearing Don's voice off to the side in Mike and Leo's eps, hearing Splinter's voice to the other side in Mike's ep, etc), soft enough that they wouldn't interfere with the main dialog. Then, when they showed Leo's first try at getting one of his brothers, they chose the one where Mike said "It's happening again!" which made me wince. If it's happening again, where was the first attempt? But then, it's time travel, and Leo didn't necessarily try to get his brothers in the same order that they experienced the phases; he could have tried to get Mike first when Mike said "It's happening again," then attempted a second time, this time trying it when Mike experienced it the first time (am I making ANY sense AT ALL?! ;)), but it still bothers me they left it out completely.

So what sort of actions and dialog take place in a typical ep that we don't see?! (besides the obvious things like restroom breaks and stuff, I can hear someone saying that :p) What are they not telling us? It's a conspiracy! ;)

And... wow, all four takes of the beginning of this arc had some of the worst representations of the lair I've seen in the entire series. In Mike's ep, the bridge over the pond was as tall as the second floor in some shots, doors were on the wrong sides of the chamber, Raph ran out of the kitchen door (or, where the kitchen door should have been) instead of the garage in one, then ran at UD from just outside the front door, etc. In Leo's ep, they show Leo in front of the lift door, which is all the way across the chamber from the previous shot, and certainly not close enough to hear Mikey babbling at him. So, don't use those eps as references for the lair, they're dead wrong. :dead:

And of course, the positioning was wrong on a lot of cuts (someone being over here, then suddenly jumping over there in the next shot), but that's what happens when you're using shots from several different episodes (as you know, a lot of the shots were used in more than one ep, but most were specific to each ep); you've got a different team working on each shot! You usually have just one team working on all the shots in one scene, for consistancy. So when you cut the shots into individual pieces and mix them all together like that, the teams are all gonna have a different idea about how it should look, so it's gonna be a little strange. But that has nothing to do with the poor backgrounds I mentioned above. I dunno what happened there.

I'm sorry, I just go off and write a bajillion paragraphs babbling about animation like anyone cares... :goof:

So Leo's happened first but they did not show him to last. They happened at the same time.Time is irrelevant. UD probably sent them all off at the same time, yes. But beyond that point, nothing happened to one Turtle 'before' it happened to the others, because they were all over the map time-wise anyway.

Oh dear... another time-travel headache just occurred to me. If the Nexus portal doesn't take time into account (and it probably doesn't, or you'd see people there that were already dead, like Yoshi. Wouldn't that be interesting?), it's interesting that Usagi can be from feudal Japan, walk through that portal, and be there at the same time as the Turtles from 2005 America. Apparently some universes are going at a different rate than others? My brain hurts...

know what happened to his mother....she fell thru the same plot hole as Princess Jasmine's mother, Ariel the Little Mermaid's mother(altho what happened to her WAS written by a famous Author too...just that Disney refuses to publish it...It's a really good story too! ), Aladdin's mother (who WAS alive in the original story), Voyager's borg baby....(someone's a Disney fan, and an Aladdin fan! Kindred spirit! :D)

cowabunga14
04-03-2005, 01:20 PM
It looks like its a "U" not a "V." I'm not tryin' to correct you I'm just sayin' it looks like a "U" more than it does a "V." Ue-same:Ulimate Ninja. They both start with the letter "U." He isn't called "Vltiamte Ninja" altough a German person might pronouce it like that. Actually it is "Ve-sama." My bad. I wonder how its pronounced.

Kazari
04-03-2005, 01:21 PM
http://www.ninjaturtles.com/toys/2004/ultimateninja/ultimateninja.html

This is where I got my info from.

Vehicle of Choice: Gyoji
Weapon of Choice: Tekko Kagi; Lying and Cheating
Birthplace: Home of his father,the Ultimate Daimyo
Height: 6'
Ripped Weight: 185 lbs.
Also Known As: Ve-sama

Jester
04-03-2005, 01:42 PM
ok....question...how is that one dude who officiates the battle nexus name spelled....is it Kyoji or Gyoji?? This card and last episode's captions said "Gyoji" but the Battle Nexus DVD has it spelled with a K....man...i'm starting to become as obsessed about the K(G)yoji as Kaz is the Ultimate Ninja...Bad Jester...:P

BartAllen
04-03-2005, 02:05 PM
this last episode was awesome. i thought the grand diaymo(sp? ) was being mind controlled by ultimate draco.

Kazari
04-03-2005, 02:14 PM
LOL The Kyoji looks like a clown that's why you like him, Jester! hmm..I think it IS Kyoji. Playmates just have some serious typos.

Do you want a Kyoji sig, Jester? LOL

CyberCubed
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
I'm glad to see two more villains out of the picture. Draco is dead, and the Ultimate Ninja gets a second chance at life.

Season 4 will probably give us many new villains, as most from the previous seasons are gone. Triceratons aren't villains anymore, the whole Foot Clan may see a drastic change, and other than Savanti Romero, I don't see any older villains returning.

Kazari
04-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Yeah don't remind me :( I have my hopes up too much *laughs*

Jester
04-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm glad to see two more villains out of the picture. Draco is dead, and the Ultimate Ninja gets a second chance at life.

Season 4 will probably give us many new villains, as most from the previous seasons are gone. Triceratons aren't villains anymore, the whole Foot Clan may see a drastic change, and other than Savanti Romero, I don't see any older villains returning.
And Bishop...don't forget him....:P

Raph's Girl
04-03-2005, 04:22 PM
(someone's a Disney fan, and an Aladdin fan! Kindred spirit! :D)

Yes...so much an Aladdin and Disney fan that I've included some Disney characters into my fan fic story.... I have what happened to Aladdin's mother (time travel is involved....heck my story involves LOTS of time travel....and reincarnation.... :lol: )...Aladdin's mother is very much alive... Aladdin's father, Kasim, tho...well he's sorta alive....(hard to explain without ruining the story) as for Jasmine's mother.... altho she's in Aladdin's origin story (she was a friend of Aladdin's mother...) I don't have what happened to her...just yet....

Let's just say that Aladdin's mother and Splinter are very close ;)... Soul mates... yes I have a love interest for Splinter in my story.... :P

Gah...someday I'll actually work on my fan fic site.... :ohwell:

Lioness-Goddess
04-03-2005, 04:32 PM
*sigh* I can't believe I missed it...it sounds like an awesome episode. Oh well. Looks like it's be on CN this week. Right??

Raph's Girl
04-03-2005, 05:53 PM
*sigh* I can't believe I missed it...it sounds like an awesome episode. Oh well. Looks like it's be on CN this week. Right??

Yeppers!! It'll be on CN on Tuesday.. Here's the schedule:
CN at 2:30pm (right after Krypto!! WOOT! :D Can ya tell Im excited to see Krypto?! )
4/4: Real World Pt 1
4/5: Real World Pt 2
4/6: Exodus Pt 1
4/7: Exodus Pt 2
4/8: Reality Check (I think CN needs one for not showing Bishop's Gambit :P)

Bishop's Gambit will air Saturday on 4 Kids. Yeesh! What a frelled up schedule! :ohwell:

Doppleganger
04-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Man if they keep getting rid of these villains who'll the TMNT fight next? First the Triceratons (reformed), then that hunter that hunted Leatherhead, then Draco and UN (reformed), Shreddar with Baxter at least going on the outs. Wonder who the new villains will be. Well...there's Savanti Romero and that sleazy alien TV promoter in the "Across the Universe" thing. I'm sure they could give the guys a run for their money. :lol:

longing for leo
04-03-2005, 07:33 PM
hey all! 's been too long!

loved this ep a lot more than the last 1. (although, after reading the backstory on usagi's world & watching the r.w.1 again, i liked it a lot more than the 1st time) but this ep was sooo cool. & we got a reaction from donny!!! :D but i'm mad cause leo didn't get a hug. no fair! don didn't even react to leo missing at 1st, & then didn't look relieved when they finally reunited. &, what's w/ leo & usagi's fight being pushed aside so we could see the amazingly exciting conversation of UD. :roll: i didn't like how they left leo looking hopelessy outnumbered trying to protect unconscious usagi & then came back to them 5 mins later both circling as if the fight had only started! oh well, i shouldn't complane. i was sooo jazzed to see/hear leo cry for raph when leo caused his bro to fall. i just wish they would've shown leo's reaction to getting his bros back. but, enough complaining!

cute ve-sama. i'm curious about the gyoji too. i love all the character development: usagi & leo's friendship, the bros & splinters' relationships, etc. they seem closer in this arc. every1's 1st concern when they were separated was where their family was & how to get back to them. & all the hugging! :D or, every1 getting a hug but leo. :tgrumble: he'd better get 1 soon! ha, anyway, a great ep!

Aska_Badoura
04-03-2005, 09:06 PM
This is where I got my info from.LOL, I'm stupid, I'm squinting at the tiny photo when they've got the text right on the page!! :p

Gyoji, kyoji? Okay, how do you spell that, then?

Hrm... did a quick search.. I'd heard somewhere that the term was used for sumo wrestling referees, so I did a search on 'sumo' and 'gyoji'... got lots of hits, and all talking about referees. Then I did a search on 'sumo' and 'kyoji', and all I got were people named Kyoji that are somehow associated with sumo. :lol: So I guess 'gyoji' is the correct spelling. Oopsy.

then that hunter that hunted Leatherhead,
Nah, I think he's still alive. He may yet show up again. :goofygri:

i didn't like how they left leo looking hopelessy outnumbered trying to protect unconscious usagi & then came back to them 5 mins later both circling as if the fight had only started!Yeah, that bothered me too. Looked like an editing problem ('ack! We need footage of Leo and Usagi after the other guys show up, and we've already got this thing in production! Quick, chop out a scene from earlier and tack it in!'). Or just something stupid. It happens. :p

& all the hugging! or, every1 getting a hug but leo. he'd better get 1 soon! ha, anyway, a great ep!Well, I get the feeling they're not going to bother showing us the happy reunion. They figure it's implied. *sigh* It's a time issue again; stick to the core stuff, no frilly little emotional side-trips when we've got a story to tell, here. 'Toons need to start running for 50-some-odd minutes instead of 23 minutes... :(

But Gargoyles' "Future Tense" was like that too... Goliath just said "I had a nightmare" to his companions, and the show was over. He was happy to see his clan when he got back home in the next ep, but he hadn't seen them for months, after all. They never referenced "FT" again.

Lioness-Goddess
04-04-2005, 05:55 AM
Yeppers!! It'll be on CN on Tuesday.. Here's the schedule:
CN at 2:30pm (right after Krypto!! WOOT! :D Can ya tell Im excited to see Krypto?! )
4/4: Real World Pt 1
4/5: Real World Pt 2
4/6: Exodus Pt 1
4/7: Exodus Pt 2
4/8: Reality Check (I think CN needs one for not showing Bishop's Gambit :P)

Bishop's Gambit will air Saturday on 4 Kids. Yeesh! What a frelled up schedule! :ohwell:

Hehe, I feel dumb, but I'm confused. Isn't Real World Pt. 1 Mikey's episode?

Duke
04-04-2005, 06:23 AM
Hehe, I feel dumb, but I'm confused. Isn't Real World Pt. 1 Mikey's episode?No reality check is Mikey's Ep. Real World Pt. 1 is Leo's ep is Usagi's World.

Jester
04-04-2005, 07:03 AM
Man if they keep getting rid of these villains who'll the TMNT fight next? First the Triceratons (reformed), then that hunter that hunted Leatherhead, then Draco and UN (reformed), Shreddar with Baxter at least going on the outs. Wonder who the new villains will be. Well...there's Savanti Romero and that sleazy alien TV promoter in the "Across the Universe" thing. I'm sure they could give the guys a run for their money. :lol:
Again i say...Bishop!!! he's still a threat and we don't even fully understand his motives...:P

Kazari
04-04-2005, 08:00 AM
No Mikey's episode is Reality Check

Leo's episodes are Real World Parts 1 and 2.

Bishop blah! *sits and pouts* I am going to be bored LOL

Lioness-Goddess
04-04-2005, 12:47 PM
Okay, I got it now... :lol:

I saw Real World Part 1 today! I am so happy! YAY!

Now I have another question....is Exodus supposed to be before or after Bishop's Gambit?

Kazari
04-04-2005, 12:50 PM
It's suppose to be after..I don't know why it is showing before on CN.

cowabunga14
04-04-2005, 03:39 PM
CN is awkward that way.http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/turtlesoup/1987/03.jpg Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew was a great story in Turtle Soup #1. Usagi met Leo for the first time in Mirage Comics.(Or at least I think its the first time.)

Lioness-Goddess
04-04-2005, 03:54 PM

Okey doke, then I won't watch it till it comes on on Saturday. Thanks Kazzy. :)

Whitewolf89
04-04-2005, 05:24 PM

'Cause the people at CN are ninny-wits, that's why. I figured it out:

See, they ran "The Real World" Part One today (Monday), and will run Part Two tomorrow (Tuesday). They could run "Bishop's Gambit" on Wednesday, and BOTH parts of "Exodus" on Thursday and Friday, and the whole thing would come out PERFECTLY! IN the proper numbered, running order! But will CN DO the obvious, and EASY thing, and RUN the eps THAT way? Oh, noooooooooo. THEY gotta run "Reality Check" again THIS Friday, and wait til April 15th to run "Bishop's Gambit for the first time! Nitwits.

*huffs in aggrevation, then grumbles in irritation* Then again, maybe they just want to let 4Kids have the pleasure of running "B.G." first. I dunno. *sighs* I quit trying to figure THEM out a long TIME ago...like the day they dropped "SWAT Kats" off their danged schedule. Saves on the headaches.

Peace.

Kazari
04-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Actually Wolfie...you're RIGHt in the fact that Bishop's Gambit should air on Wednesday, but they keep showing Exodus parts 1 and 2 on Wednesday and Thursday. I don't know *laughs* I don't trust this stuff till I see it on tv.

R-iZZy
04-04-2005, 08:13 PM
Okay, not to be nitpicky... because the action and the story was very good in this episode, but did Lord Simultaneous just seriously turn the Ultimate Ninja into a little kid? WHY?!

Happy for the Damiyo and all, but come one... Ultimate Ninja was so bad ass, and now... he's a little bitty kiddy! That was so lame!

But the episode was nice. It was about time they separated Ultimate Ninja and Draco... I was happy to see that. And it was so weird (yet "cute" [I rarely use that word]) to see Ultimate Ninja's sentiment for his father take over his spite for him. Shows that he really does care about his father, deep down somewhere. Just more the reason why people should understand Karai will never leave Oroku Saki (didn't mean that to tick off the Karai haters and spark some discussion on this..... yet again).

The Leo/Usagi teamwork is one of the best things to watch. Those two have such a great chemistry together! I loved the fight scene with Leo/Usagi versus those stone creatures (?). And it was so nice to see Usagi take a hit to save Leo. It's SO great to hear both of them consider themselves "brothers". Two swordsmen, a ronin and a ninja... they were meant to meet each other! I hope I see more Usagi in the future. This makes me want to start collecting the Usagi comics!

All-in-all, pretty good episode. I just wish Lord Simultaneous didn't make Ultimate Ninja a little kid, in the end. That was a little lame, in my opinion. I'd rather he stayed grown and turned a new leaf, learning the error of his ways.

P.S. Who else thought the expressions on Usagi's and Leo's faces were priceless when the Damiyo surprised them with his "what good is your service" scene? I literally laughed so hard seeing their faces... I didn't see that coming as much as them.

Urbanski
04-05-2005, 05:42 AM
Ultimate Ninja was so bad ass, and now... he's a little bitty kiddy! That was so lame!

All-in-all, pretty good episode. I just wish Lord Simultaneous didn't make Ultimate Ninja a little kid, in the end. That was a little lame, in my opinion. I'd rather he stayed grown and turned a new leaf, learning the error of his ways.

Not to start an argument, but if I remember right, Ultimate Ninja (and Drako) both died... turned into a little pile of dust. So if Lord Simultaneous hadn't made him a kid again, then he'd just be a pile of ashes. No turning over a new leaf, he'd be dead, just like Drako. So at least this way, the Daimyo has his son back, and Ulitmate Ninja DOES have a chance at a new life. A chance to become good, and who knows, maybe he will be the 'Ultimate' Ninja he wants to be in the future with the proper training. Or he may become evil again, but he either way, he gets another chance.

Kazari
04-05-2005, 06:40 AM

I soo agree with you!!!

Yeah hopefully since of the time differences...how the guys were gone for awhile and it was only 10 minutes their time. Then perhaps the UN will grow up faster in the guys' time. That would be cool later on...to have him be kind of good but have great potential in being bad again kind of like Bakura! LOL

I was just confused on what happened to the Daimyo..if he was poisoned you would he would turn to normal at the end but he was still old.

zkarlette
04-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Exactly whats up with that I was thinking too that maybe he had like some spell on him or something and at the end he just stayed like that he didnt even apologize or something.... and he looked normal on the christmas Ep :ohwell:

Kali
04-05-2005, 10:45 AM
My theory is that UD, in the disguise of the Kyoji, has been subtly "pushing" the Daimyo towards his depression. The power of suggestion and all that. Drakko at least seems to enjoy manipulating people into doing his dirty work.

Poisons and spells can be slow to effect and not all break with a *snap*. His physical condition could be a side effect of a spell that effects his mind. Even if a spell on his mind lifted instantly, his body wouldn’t recover as quickly. It seemed to me that the Daimyo was still a bit foggy at the end of that episode. I hope he makes a full recovery.

R-iZZy
04-05-2005, 11:11 AM
Not to start an argument, but if I remember right, Ultimate Ninja (and Drako) both died... turned into a little pile of dust. So if Lord Simultaneous hadn't made him a kid again, then he'd just be a pile of ashes. No turning over a new leaf, he'd be dead, just like Drako. So at least this way, the Daimyo has his son back, and Ulitmate Ninja DOES have a chance at a new life. A chance to become good, and who knows, maybe he will be the 'Ultimate' Ninja he wants to be in the future with the proper training. Or he may become evil again, but he either way, he gets another chance.
I understand what you're saying, but him (and Drako) turning into dust was a result of the time scepter's actions. Lord Simultaneous is the beholder and the master of the scepter, so I would imagine he would have the ability to reverse some of the decisions the scepter makes, such as turning Ultimate Ninja into dust. With the level of experience he has with the scepter, you'd think he'd be able to recover Ultimate Ninja the way he was, without having to worry about the dust.

Kazari
04-05-2005, 11:57 AM
I TOTALLY agree with you :) He could probably reverse them to their state previous to the whole incident of the dust.

Also I agree with Kali about the Daimyo. He does seem to be trusting with certain people and not wanting to see the evil people. Very easily to be manipulated.

Mandi-chan
04-05-2005, 12:33 PM
My theory is that UD, in the disguise of the Kyoji, has been subtly "pushing" the Daimyo towards his depression. The power of suggestion and all that. Drakko at least seems to enjoy manipulating people into doing his dirty work.

Poisons and spells can be slow to effect and not all break with a *snap*. His physical condition could be a side effect of a spell that effects his mind. Even if a spell on his mind lifted instantly, his body wouldn’t recover as quickly. It seemed to me that the Daimyo was still a bit foggy at the end of that episode. I hope he makes a full recovery.

I like that theory, it makes sense. It would also explain the Daimyo's drastic mood change between Mikey's X-mas Rescue ep and this one.

In the last Big Brawl ep we see the Daimyo’s emotions on losing his son, but he knew then that it couldn't be helped. In the X-mas ep, he may have stil been grieving inside but held it in...not letting Splinter or Leo see his pain, trying to enjoy a happy holiday to escape his grief. But in Real World part two, he seemed totally different. I don't think it just hit him that his son was dead and now he's pissed at everyone, I do think it was some sort of magic or the UD messing with his head!

I also liked Ve-chan becoming a child again, he's a cutie! :P
BTW, what did next week's trailer show? I went to the website but their page sucks and won't show any of the trailers! :evil:

Kazari
04-05-2005, 01:16 PM
To help with errors with the previews:

Oh I have a solution that sis!!

Go to your Windows Media Player

Go to File

Open URL

Copy and paste this URL into the text box:

http://wm.world.mii-streaming.net/media/4kids/previews/06_384.wsx

See if that will work!

Doppleganger
04-05-2005, 02:17 PM
Ugh, that head thing. :sick: In the preview...

Anyways the Daimyo could have been poisoned or put on a spell but I think it was a delayed reaction to the trauma he suffered having lost his son. At Mikey's Christmas Rescue he could have been alright but afterwards when he got to the Battle Nexus he sunk into that depression. Then he could've let himself go. Guy looks he's forgot how the shower works. :dead:

Lioness-Goddess
04-05-2005, 04:02 PM
*claps hands* Yay, I saw it today, now I'm all caught up and happy. :D

I wanna see Bishop's Gambit now...he creeps me out, but usully when he's around I get to see the turtles fight, always a good thing. :lol:

Raph's Girl
04-05-2005, 06:54 PM
In that preview....I wonder who that dude was climbing the walls and turning his head 90 degrees???? He kinda looked like Casey.... :o

And what the shell is the reason Bishop needs rat hair to complete his experiment??? Guess I'll have to wait till Saturday :P

04-05-2005, 07:56 PM
Then, when they showed Leo's first try at getting one of his brothers, they chose the one where Mike said "It's happening again!" which made me wince. If it's happening again, where was the first attempt? But then, it's time travel, and Leo didn't necessarily try to get his brothers in the same order that they experienced the phases; he could have tried to get Mike first when Mike said "It's happening again," then attempted a second time, this time trying it when Mike experienced it the first time (am I making ANY sense AT ALL?! ;)), but it still bothers me they left it out completely.
I'd have to watch the episode to be sure, but maybe when Mike said "again" he was referring to being transported there in the first place as the first time it happened.

Aska_Badoura
04-05-2005, 10:16 PM
I'd have to watch the episode to be sure, but maybe when Mike said "again" he was referring to being transported there in the first place as the first time it happened.But he'd already phased once before, when Shellectro had him in that bio-scan thing. That was the first one. Remember: "Or our dimension could simply be trying to erase you." :lol:

In that preview....I wonder who that dude was climbing the walls and turning his head 90 degrees???? He kinda looked like Casey.... I thought he looked rather like... Bishop. :teek: Of course the hair's different, so I don't think it's actually him. Not sure what that means. :dead:

Lioness-Goddess
04-06-2005, 03:34 AM
That dude in the preview was freaky! Um...but the guy was like, "Your orders?" "No survivors." :o eek.

That can't be good.

Kazari
04-06-2005, 04:42 AM
Yeah the first Mikey was glitching...was during the scan that Shellektro did. He was in flux.

Mandi-chan
04-06-2005, 03:13 PM
So when he was fluxing the first time, it was because of that scanner he was in? That's what I concluded after watching Real World part two any way...

BTW, Thanks Kazzy! The windows trailer viewing worked! How did you get the URL?

Lioness-Goddess
04-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Maybe the dimension really WAS trying to erase him! :lol:

Kazari
04-06-2005, 04:09 PM
I have my ways *laughs*

You really can't get the URL unless you have the window screen to pop up to play the preview.

Jo Dawn
04-09-2005, 12:05 AM
Another new ep come and gone. *sigh*

Oh well... We always have tomorrow!! :D