PDA

View Full Version : The Best Of He-Man Episodes Box Set

ZariusTwo
04-14-2005, 10:02 AM
Complied online by fans, the two disc "Best of He-Man" DVD bpx set will provide the ten best episodes of both seasons and will serve as the prelude for the upcoming release of He-Man Season One Part One

Disc 1 (Best of Season 1):
#5: "Evilseed"
#4: "Quest for He-Man"
#3: "Prince Adam No More"
#2: "Diamond Ray of Disappearance"
#1: "Teela's Quest"
Disc 2 (Best of Season 2):
#5: "Into the Abyss"
#4: "Teela's Triumph"
#3: "To Save Skeletor"
#2: "The Problem with Power"
#1: "Origin of the Sorceress

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3245

Barkworm
04-14-2005, 10:10 AM
There are some fine episodes on those DVDs. A boxset would have been cooler though.

manny
04-14-2005, 10:13 AM
season sets of heman will be coming out in the fall so im guessing in sept or october, and it looks like each set will have 33 eps or so on them

GK Punk
04-14-2005, 06:33 PM
For those that don't know, the Eps were actually voted on by He-Man.org regulars. I wish the Dragon Invasion would have made the final cut though :(

Oh well, I can wait for the Season Sets (even though that's a season 2 ep, I believe)

The extras are going to be SWEET. Some of the people working on the DVD post over at He-Man.org's forums and you can learn alot of info there just by hangin' around. I'm GK Version 1 over there.

manny
04-14-2005, 06:44 PM
cool ive seen u there and yes i wasnt happy w the selected eps for the greatest eps dvd but im defenitly getting season sets

GK Punk
04-14-2005, 06:46 PM
cool ive seen u there and yes i wasnt happy w the selected eps for the greatest eps dvd but im defenitly getting season sets

I'll definetley pick up the Best of out of the sheer excitement of having He Man on DVD, but the season sets is what I'm most looking forward to.

majesty329
04-18-2005, 08:47 AM
Cool a lot of the episodes I voted for made it. I can't wait for this.

DrSpengler
04-18-2005, 08:55 AM
If these sell well we might get season sets of the 2003 series. That's the He-Man show I really enjoyed. As a kid, I knew He-Man existed but I never watched the show. The 2003 serie was my first major introduction to He-Man nad I absolutely loved it. Fine voice-acting, fine animation, and fine story-telling.

ZariusTwo
04-18-2005, 12:09 PM
The new series is currently being released in Germany, but it has no U.S distributor, the underated New Adventures of He-Man is also being released in the states following the original series.

As for the new series in general, it had what a lot of He-Man series lacked, a proper origin, a more fleshed out character for the classic, but fairly generic Skeletor, and whilst I beleive the second season fell tremendously flat, it still had it's share of gems, "The Power of Greyskull" is the greatest episode of the current series

majesty329
04-20-2005, 05:40 AM
The only things I didn't like about the new MOTU cartoon was that all of Skeletor's henchmen with the exception of Evil Lyn and Tri Klops were portrayed as being dumb (especially Clawful) and He-Man himself just wasn't too powerful in this cartoon, and that a lot of the characters didn't get any real back stories.

With that said it was still decent cartoon.