PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 -thoughts?

Anarchistguy
04-23-2005, 08:11 AM
Hello :)

This is just a thread for everybody to discuss season 3 now that it has ended. So, what did everybody think of the third season? Better than seasons 1 and 2? Worse? Equal? Feel free to post your reviews.

X
04-23-2005, 08:37 AM
I liked season 3 a tad more for a number of reasons.

1. They introduced a lot more characters then the past 2 seasons (IMO)
2. It had more stand alone episodes

On number two's note. I don't mind continuity episodes, but I think has more chances to introduce more characters and have more chances to explore iteself with stand alone episodes. They don't have to follow anything. The old show only had to follow a few things, otherwise, they were just crazy episodes. Next season, I hope they balance the two. Or even give us a season with nothing but stand alone episodes. That will throw flare into what could otherwise be cliche every season. Who knows what the future will bring.

I also think they should tone down Mikey in this new series. I liked the old toon Mikey cause he was naturally funny. He didn't have to throw out one liners and stupid puns to "try" and get a laugh like the new toon Mikey. Yet the old toon Mikey could be both funny, and serious (while still having a sense of humor.) In this new show, I guess I'm saying, I'd like to take Mikey serious for once. Only one episode gave that to me, "Same as it never was."

Other then those quibbles I still love the new show. They just need to balance it some more so they can introduce new characters, and change Mikey a little.

Can't wait to see what season 4 has in store.

-X-

rayfillet101
04-23-2005, 08:44 AM
season three had potential, but they opened too many story arcs and then forgot about them. I love seeing some of my favorite characters again (angel, Leatherhead, Fugitoid, Traximus, Usagi) but it made me mad that they had so many story's started and never finished some of them. the whole turtles in time thing was unessasary and completly random. i loved the "foot family" interactions. Bishop is a great addition to the universe as well. It started off well rounded and all together. but then we lost sight of april and casey,then leatherhead, then splinter, then nobody suddenly appears, then its foot fungus for the rest of the season, until ultimate dracco appears. I dont mind filler episodes. i liked most of the episodes this season. but i do mind filler arcs. The turtles in time thing could have been held off on until at least some of the arcs were put to rest.

It wasnt my favorite season, but i liked the returning characters, so ill say its right after season two for me. season two was my favorite.

John 14:6
04-23-2005, 02:06 PM
This was definitely my favorite season. I loved the way they mix up the stories it was like a surprise when they brought you back to wrap up arcs. Like with Ultimate Draco's appearance.

It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I wish they'd have kept Shredder around. He was such a powerful, forceful villain who I think would have supplied many more great storylines. :(

Leonardo_Warrior_Turtle
04-23-2005, 04:44 PM
Better character developement. The new villians and allies rocked. Great storytelling. And lots and lots of darkness. Oh man, it was awesome. Season 3 easily is my favorite up to this point. I can't wait for Season 4 though. Should be great.

Doppleganger
04-23-2005, 04:52 PM
Yeah season 3 was definitely darker, more implied gore and all that. It also introduced some interesting characters Dr. Chaplin for instance. And of course the formidable Agent Bishop. I admit there were some random ones (Nobody) and some lame ones (tot turtles and kid Casey) but I liked it. It wrapped up some stuff from previous seasons, the Underground storylines, Battle Nexus, Triceraton/Fugitoid and left some room to expand on other things.

CyberCubed
04-23-2005, 05:24 PM
Season 3 was the best season of the show, no doubt about it. The Ultimate Draco arc had some problems, but overall it was very good.

This season will be hard to top.

creativerealms82
04-24-2005, 09:51 AM
The season's ending was very disapointing but there were also some very good, and well done episodes.

Karpo_007
04-24-2005, 10:09 AM
I think season 3 had many good story lines and some of the best episodes of the series. Too bad the finale was so disapointing, I think with a proper end to the whole Shredder storyline it could have been my favorite season.

LionO
04-24-2005, 10:16 AM
I think season 3 had many good story lines and some of the best episodes of the series. Too bad the finale was so disapointing, I think with a proper end to the whole Shredder storyline it could have been my favorite season.

I agree, very good season but the finale was a litle disapointing.

shadowflame611
04-24-2005, 10:17 AM
My first thought on season three? That I wish it wasn't over. :(

I loved season three! I really dont know if its my favorite, but it had alot of eps in it that I really liked. (Same as it Never Was... hee hee)

04-24-2005, 10:23 AM
Yeah season 3 was definitely darker, more implied gore and all that. It also introduced some interesting characters Dr. Chaplin for instance. And of course the formidable Agent Bishop. I admit there were some random ones (Nobody) and some lame ones (tot turtles and kid Casey) but I liked it. It wrapped up some stuff from previous seasons, the Underground storylines, Battle Nexus, Triceraton/Fugitoid and left some room to expand on other things.
I hope we get to see more of Mr. Touch and Mr. Go in season 4!

MrPliggins
04-24-2005, 06:04 PM
The best season so far in my opinion... my favorite episodes have always tended to be the eps based on the comics, and this season had very few of them. Yet it was still my favorite.
I would however, like to see more background on the sword of tengu at some point....

04-24-2005, 06:13 PM
I would however, like to see more background on the sword of tengu at some point....
That's true. Whatever happened to it, I forget. Don't the Turtles still have it? Why don't they ever use it?

Doppleganger
04-24-2005, 06:32 PM
That's true. Whatever happened to it, I forget. Don't the Turtles still have it? Why don't they ever use it?

It was ruined in "Return to New York". The turtles used it along with Baxter's cybernetics to fry all the technology in the Foot Tower.

Mandi-chan
04-27-2005, 05:13 PM
I was satisfied with this season's finale, it's much better if you watch both of the eps together. And as much as I loved the Shredder, I'm glad he's done. I just don't see what else they can do with him besides continue his thirst for revenge against his hated enemies...a theme of his that would eventually become stale. I liked how they handled his punishment too, he deserves to suffer for the rest of his life!

This season is indeed the best one so far, but as I said before this show gets better and better as it goes. Bring on season 4! :D

longing for leo
04-27-2005, 07:34 PM
This season is indeed the best one so far, but as I said before this show gets better and better as it goes. Bring on season 4!
took the words rt out of my mouth, er, fingers. :P i loved the character development, darkness: implied gore & injuries, death of major characters! :o emotion...goes on & on. mainly these things were embodied in sainw, but also exodus, darkness w/in, & many others. i loved how they explored leo/karai (very disappointing ending, though :x ) & adored the 2 angst filled leo/raph "death" scenes. gosh i love those "leo, nooo!"'s :evilgrin:
It sounds like I'm in the minority here, but I wish they'd have kept Shredder around. He was such a powerful, forceful villain who I think would have supplied many more great storylines.
no ur not, i agree. although i liked thinking of oroku saki as the main villan (human) more than an utrom dressed like shredder. i think the show may suffer a bit w/out him, but i'm sure our boys in green won't disappoint!
It wrapped up some stuff from previous seasons, the Underground storylines, Battle Nexus, Triceraton/Fugitoid
that's probably y we liked it more. the other seasons just weren't complete. this 1 has a definitive ending, which i loved by the way, even w/out a satisfying ending to shredder. splinter was eletrocuted, mikey's leg, don's wrist, & raph's ribs got broken, & LEO GOT STABBED people! he looked dead! (raph & karai obviously thought he was for a while, so as far as we knew at the time, he actually was) that's enough to keep me happy for a long time! :D

THE-X-FLO
04-28-2005, 04:07 AM
I liked almost every episode, and in this season even "loners" were not useless, they all followed some kind of route.
I think the only episode I found stupid was the one with the bike races in the alternate universe.

J Legault
04-28-2005, 07:24 AM
There's still like 2-4 episodes I need to see of this season.

It seems like I'm the only one who likes the season finale of Season 3.

reasons why I like this season is it had more story developement. And introduced someone more threating than the Shredder.

well I think Bishop was more threating, that kind of guy where you just want to beat him up.

I'll need to see about getting the recent DVDs of Season 3, once I have enough money.

Hopefully not many people won't bash how Season 4 is once it's aired.

THE-X-FLO
04-28-2005, 10:16 AM
There's It seems like I'm the only one who likes the season finale of Season 3.

I like season 3 finale, even though I was disappointed right after watching it.

We have a real ending to an entire season, and this 2 part episode gives many answers while opening the show to other directions. I can only regret that the "ultimate final battle" was a bit rushed (but still beautiful)

J Legault
04-28-2005, 03:08 PM
I think it was thrilling when I watched it. I didn't had that same feeling since RtNYpart3.

04-30-2005, 08:59 PM
And as much as I loved the Shredder, I'm glad he's done. I just don't see what else they can do with him besides continue his thirst for revenge against his hated enemies...a theme of his that would eventually become stale.
I would have loved seeing them continue with the relationships between him, Karai, Hun, and Stockman. To me it seemed like they were just getting started with that stuff...

Barkworm
04-30-2005, 09:53 PM
I think the whole series has been going downhill since the second half of season 2. There were a couple of good episodes though.

THE-X-FLO
05-01-2005, 04:40 AM
I would have loved seeing them continue with the relationships between him, Karai, Hun, and Stockman. To me it seemed like they were just getting started with that stuff...

I'll second that. I thought about it in New Blood and told myself it was a pity we wouldn't be able to see much more of that. Well, I guess scarcity makes things precious.

Serp
05-02-2005, 06:57 AM
I missed a lot of Season three because I don't have fox box anymore and I don't have Cable television. I go over my moms house and I tape some of the episodes inbetween classes. :) The episodes that I saw of Season three I enjoyed. The only episode I really care for was the intergalatic racing. I didn't see the Season Final :sick:

Sage Ninja
05-02-2005, 09:26 PM
I also think they should tone down Mikey in this new series. I liked the old toon Mikey cause he was naturally funny. He didn't have to throw out one liners and stupid puns to "try" and get a laugh like the new toon Mikey. Yet the old toon Mikey could be both funny, and serious (while still having a sense of humor.) In this new show, I guess I'm saying, I'd like to take Mikey serious for once. Only one episode gave that to me, "Same as it never was."

Other then those quibbles I still love the new show. They just need to balance it some more so they can introduce new characters, and change Mikey a little.

Can't wait to see what season 4 has in store.

-X-

yeah i know what you mean I wish they would tone down mikey's personallty a bit as well. I mean don't get me wrong i love him very much and he definatly has a purpose in the show and that is comic relief, which is pretty important in a series as dark as this one. but I feel that his character tries to hard to be funny and in the end only ends up aggrivating the others. In the old toon Raph was the funny one and he was successful as the funny one. it would be nice to see him act a little serious sometimes, just to to fit the status quo of the new series. I would like to see more than just raph and Leo having to deal with emotional situations and problems. And i agree "Same as it Never Was" shows potenticaial of what mike could be like.

As far as the season three finale goes I rather liked it. I really enjoyed the fight with Shredder and that every one got to participate (i was afraid that it was going to be a show down between Shredder and Splinter and leonardo, with the rest just fighting underlings). i even liked the whole trial that happened with Shredder and his sentence. By the way did any one notice that one of the utrom judges sounded allot like Cam Clarke the voice for leonardo from the classic toon.

longing for leo
05-03-2005, 01:38 PM
yeah i know what you mean I wish they would tone down mikey's personallty a bit as well. I mean don't get me wrong i love him very much and he definatly has a purpose in the show and that is comic relief, which is pretty important in a series as dark as this one. but I feel that his character tries to hard to be funny and in the end only ends up aggrivating the others.
hmm, i love mikey's character, but i agree that if they're going to have him work for a laugh, he needs to actually get it. all the groaners he's been giving us are getting a little old. although, not nearly as much as raph hitting him every time he makes a bad joke. :x that's not cool. it's played down, like it's ok. as if the fact that brothers are causing each other physical pain is the funny part. no, i love how dark the show is getting, but this kinda thing just makes me cringe. like they're saying it's ok since they're brothers. for any1 who's read/seen "true west" u know that brother's who hit each other have serious problems. but, i'm getting way off topic. sry, that's just been bothering me for a while. :roll: to relate it back, it does seem like the writers forced things, like mikey's bad jokes & raph's slaps, more in this season. there's no need, it's a great show w/out having to stress a "character's identity" like that. imho

Buslady
05-03-2005, 02:42 PM
that's probably y we liked it more. the other seasons just weren't complete. this 1 has a definitive ending, which i loved by the way, even w/out a satisfying ending to shredder. splinter was eletrocuted, mikey's leg, don's wrist, & raph's ribs got broken, & LEO GOT STABBED people! he looked dead! (raph & karai obviously thought he was for a while, so as far as we knew at the time, he actually was) that's enough to keep me happy for a long time! :D

i never understood Raph's ribs being broke, you can't break a turtle's ribs! the shell yeah but not ribs

THE-X-FLO
05-03-2005, 02:50 PM
i never understood Raph's ribs being broke, you can't break a turtle's ribs! the shell yeah but not ribs

He's more than a mere turtle, he's a mutant. Therefore, you can break mutant turtle's ribs!

longing for leo
05-03-2005, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buslady

He's more than a mere turtle, he's a mutant. Therefore, you can break mutant turtle's ribs!
ohhh, we're getting back to that argument: just how human/turtle are they? i believe that they are more human, or at the very least 1/2 human. their dna changed, & that changes their bodies. they've got peck muscles & (depending on the artist) abbs, so y not ribs? it seems that the only turtle parts of them are their skin, shell, lack of hair, & head shape. oh, & 2 fingers & toes. (is that acurate for turtles, or are they just being cartoony?) & what about his shell/spine? a crack like that had to rupture a disk or something. (oww *cringe*) that is, if he has a human-like spine. he'd have to, to be able to stand/walk like humans, rt? anyway, like THE-X-FLO said, they're mutants; anything can be explained away by the mutation. human ribs? sure, why not! yeah, it's was the mutation, that's rt! :roll:
it would be interesting to get a description of what their anatomy actually is/looks like. they should get x-rays or cat scans done. but that's just the science geek in me. :P