PDA

View Full Version : Technodrome in 1987 TMNT

Nick_N
04-30-2005, 08:38 PM
I have a question about the Technodrome in the original 1987 TMNT show.

So yeah. What is with the giant eye on top of it? Did we ever find out? Its just b/c it is sometimes open and sometimes closed, so it must do something.

Any replies or ideas are helpful.

Weapon X
05-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Wow you know I can't remember it ever being used for anything on the toon, but on the toy it was used as a parascope type thing.

THE-X-FLO
05-01-2005, 04:07 AM
It can be used as a giant antenna, like in Super Irma..

However, I think the main point of that glaring eye is to give a threatening image of the Technodrome.. and that works

MasterMole
05-01-2005, 08:07 AM
Was the origin of the Technodrome ever revealed? It should have been. The episode could've been called "Origin of the Technodrome". I'm sure all of us wonder how it was made and want to see really how it happened. Did Shredder or Krang think of it. Shredder seems to claim it's his, but it would make more sense if Krang designed it and it was built in Dimension X, by Rock Soldiers.

THE-X-FLO
05-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Its origin was a bit revealed in season 8, when we learned that some other guy (dracus? dragus?) helped to design the Technodrome, just before Krang betrayed him.

I think the Technodrome comes from Dimension X, and when Krang was banished he was sent to Earth along with the Technodrome. If you think about it that makes sense : even the turtles never tried to destroy the Technodrome, but just wanted to "get rid of it" by sending it to another dimensions / places.

Still, we can't deny that Shredder had a part in rebuilding the Technodrome, and therefore we see the Foot seal in front of it.

darthsmozers
05-01-2005, 09:29 AM
I finished season 2 yesterday and realized how huge the tehcnodrome is in season 1, and then after that it differs depending on who is drawing it. i, personally, loved it as a huge huge huge behemoth, and not any smaller :)

Sage Ninja
05-01-2005, 11:11 PM
I have a question about the Technodrome in the original 1987 TMNT show.

So yeah. What is with the giant eye on top of it? Did we ever find out? Its just b/c it is sometimes open and sometimes closed, so it must do something.

Any replies or ideas are helpful.

I believe i remember in a few episodes as it being a sort of powerful laser gun.

The Ninja
05-02-2005, 07:18 AM
Wasn't the Star of Atlantis in the eyeball in Atlantis Awakes?

Anarky
05-02-2005, 08:31 AM
I believe i remember in a few episodes as it being a sort of powerful laser gun.

Hey, I was going to say that. That's about what I remember. I always thought it was a laser gun of some sorts.

Sage Ninja
05-02-2005, 08:08 PM
I think that eye ball laser gun thingy was actually used at the end of season two. But i can't say for certain yet because i haven't gotten around to buying the second season yet :dead:

I always wondered though, why blue of all colors for the eye. I would have thought red or yellow would have looked more threatening :evilgrin:

darthsmozers
05-02-2005, 10:23 PM
nah, not used in season 2 (just finished it).

THE-X-FLO
05-03-2005, 05:30 AM
I always wondered though, why blue of all colors for the eye. I would have thought red or yellow would have looked more threatening :evilgrin:

Maybe that would have been too obvious. I mean a red eye would have been like "I will destroy everyone and conquer the world".

The actual eye on top of the Technodrome was more like " You don't know what I can do, but once I'm repowered I will show you"

nah, not used in season 2 (just finished it).

Didn't Krang use it to open the portal in Dimension X? Unless that was one of the giant lasers, I'm not sure..

MrPliggins
05-03-2005, 05:02 PM
I think the eyeball laser thing was used in the first TMNT Nintendo game, for the few of us who got far enough to fight the Technodrome... (which by the way was very small in the game).

Sage Ninja
05-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Maybe that would have been too obvious. I mean a red eye would have been like "I will destroy everyone and conquer the world".

The actual eye on top of the Technodrome was more like " You don't know what I can do, but once I'm repowered I will show you"..

LOL as if it being an eye to begin with and sitting on top of a massive war machine was already screaming "I will destroy Everyone and Conquer the World". But you do have a point maybe the eye being a normal color like blue instead of something more threatening looking was a way to keep things in balnce so the threating exterier of the technodrome, and wouldn't be over kill.