Dontebell
05-05-2005, 05:23 AM
http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=3288

BartAllen
05-05-2005, 05:44 AM
thats actually pretty cool. :D

Anarky
05-05-2005, 05:52 AM
Dontebell, couldn't you please write something more into your opening posts? I mean, just a link isn't that appealing... if you don't know what to write, then just copy/paste the article.

Anyways, I doubt that there will be a good series. Sure, I said the same thing about Buffy, but it turned out halfway decent. But Blade lives from blood and action, and I just can't see that a TV-series is able to have that. I mean, how would you like a Blade without the awesome swordfights. Or without Wesley Snipes? That guy is Blade. And he is currently having a fight with Goyer and New Line.

But what really seems interesting: Nightstalkers the series. Give me Miss Biel and Mr. King anyday :D. And also, the Nightstalkers still have potential.

Spitfire
05-05-2005, 07:14 AM
Great a series written by the guy who ruined Blade and now it's going to have a bunch of Jo Blow guys in it no one has heard of who most likely cant act. Trinity was such a bad movie I cant even begin to describe it. They could use it to make the Piolit episode. It was stupid, filled with advertisements *For Apple I might add* and it had crappy *and very urban* dialog. I hope this project never sees the light of day. It'll turn out to be a 2nd rate Buffy.

Anarky
05-05-2005, 07:40 AM
Well, I wouldn't call Trinity bad, but it wasn't it. I mean, Blade I was great, Blade II was somehow wrong (Blade movies just aren't supposed to be "red") but Trinity was better again.

It wasn't very deep and philosophical, but I felt greatly entertained. Nothing big, and I didn't go out of the cinema saying "Wow, what a great movie!" but I went out and thought "I could watch this again..."

DrSpengler
05-05-2005, 08:09 AM
I thought Trinity was better than Blade II. I don't think they should have brought Whistler back, especially since they just killed him AGAIN in Trinity. Made it all seem rather pointless. And the CGI Blade fighting in front of the light structure was LAME.

The only thing Trinity really had going for it was Ryan Reynolds, who was hilarious. Blade II didn't even have that.

A tv series? Why not. Doubtful that I'll watch it. I lvoe comic books but I rarely dedicate myself to watching a live action comic book tv series. I couldn't sit through Mutant X, Smallville or Birds of Prey. I most likely will only watch this series when nothing better is on.

Spitfire
05-05-2005, 04:03 PM
I liked Blade 2 way better then 3. Atleast Blade 2 was a good movie. 3 was like watching MTV. And why isnt Blade suppoed to be red? He drinks blood doesnt he? I'll admit the light scene was lame but compared to #3 it was gold. The villian in 2 was really cool. The villians in 3 were stupid poorly devloped and the actors playing them were hardly even actors. Dracula was by far the lamest 1000 year old vampire god I have ever seen! Gah that movie had me all excited too. I liked 2 better then 1 and I had hoped 3 would top it. I guess Guillermo del Toro is just better at directing. David Goyer is almost worse then Paul Anderson but he didnt ruin single handedly ruin two franchises in on movie. I know the Alien franchise hasnt been good since Aliens but Predator was un-tainted until he came along. That bastard <_<
I guess Im rather biased here. Comic book movies are mainly made for fanboys. Blade 3 was obviously directed at fanboys. What I like about movies like Spider-man is their not really comic book movies their more like a sci-fi film. They dont go to far with it and they dont turn it into a 90 minute action film with explosions, fighting to techno music every 4 minutes, and what can be considered to be cheesier dialog then a mid-afternoon soap opera. If I want that I'll play a video game thank you very much

05-05-2005, 04:15 PM
Blade: Trinity was ultimate badass. When Voltron and I went to see it, we spent the whole time driving home discussing how badass it was. Blade II just didn't seem right. He's not supposed to alliance with the vampires. He's supposed to be on his own taking some suckers down.

Spitfire
05-05-2005, 04:20 PM
^^
I think if I want to disscuss movies online from now on Ill have to go to Rotten Tomatos. People understand me there :lol:

05-05-2005, 04:25 PM
I guess it's because I'm pretty linear when it comes to liking or hating movies. I'll watch it, and rate it by its overall entertainment. I don't like to pick apart movies, really.

Spitfire
05-05-2005, 04:32 PM
I guess it's because I'm pretty linear when it comes to liking or hating movies. I'll watch it, and rate it by its overall entertainment. I don't like to pick apart movies, really.
That makes alota sense. Im really picky when it comes to things;movies, music, videos games; So I expect certin things out of what I watch,hear, and play. This is probly why when I see a bad movie I rip it apart. When I see a good movie I try to see what's bad about it and if I cant find anything I know it's worth owning. I do the same with music and video games. THis is probly why DMC 3 didnt live up to my expectations where RE 4 surpassed them

Brodie
05-05-2005, 05:24 PM
I liked Blade 2 way better then 3. Atleast Blade 2 was a good movie. 3 was like watching MTV. David Goyer is almost worse then Paul Anderson but he didnt ruin single handedly ruin two franchises in on movie. I know the Alien franchise hasnt been good since Aliens but Predator was un-tainted until he came along. That bastard <_<

Funny how you, of all people, mentions watching Blade 3 being like watching a music video...

Also, who are you to say the Alien fanchise was bad after Aliens? Sure, Fincher took liberties with Alien3, but Alien 3 was good, amazingly dark.

The fact that you're compairing Goyer to Anderson just makes you sound like a fool.

Not to sound mean, but dude, those guys are in two entirely different boats. At least Goyer keeps characters how they should be, and gives people what they want to see while still pushing to get outside the box. Whereas Anderson kills off video game characters and "Does his own thing."

Anderson is a trainwreck, Goyer is a kid in school who tries too hard, but more often than not, makes good with his ****.

I don't think you should question his ability to write/direct movies, because he's also written the first two Blade movies, so you can't say he ruined the franchise, he ****ing invented the Blade franchise.

He's done/doing more for the comic movies than anyone else has. Just look at how Batman Begins and Ghost Rider is turning out.

But considering your taste in movies/games, I can see where you could be coming from...

Anarky
05-05-2005, 05:36 PM
And why isnt Blade suppoed to be red? He drinks blood doesnt he?

Well it's the general lighting thingy I'm talking about. Blade I was blue/whiteish. The blood made such a good contrast. Good scenes to see that was the disco or the library.

Blade II was orange/reddish, like the house of pain or Blade's hideout.

Blue/whitish just fits that much better.

Dracula was by far the lamest 1000 year old vampire god I have ever seen!

Imagine this: You're a thousand years old, some morons wake you up, just because they think it's a good idea, then you realise that you could easily crush everybody on the planet (before he met Blade) and vampires are more and more being bastardised by the media and merchandise. Wouldn't you be rather pissed and bored?

What I like about movies like Spider-man is their not really comic book movies their more like a sci-fi film. They dont go to far with it and they dont turn it into a 90 minute action film with explosions, fighting to techno music every 4 minutes, and what can be considered to be cheesier dialog then a mid-afternoon soap opera.

Do you actually read comic books?

Spitfire
05-05-2005, 06:33 PM
Brodie - I wasnt comparing them I was just saying their both bad directors. And I know David wrote all 3 Blade movies but he only directed Trinity. Which was his first movie he ever directed. That's what I ment. And you can ask anyone you want their most likely going to tell you Aliens 3 was a bad movie. I dont see how it even comes close to the others. It wasnt even the movie the director wanted to make. And if you watch the making of it the creators openly admit that they knew it sucked but they released it anyways to cash in on the popular Aliens craze

Anarky - Dracula looked cool in his true vampire form. Other then that he looked like some regular dude. His clothes did not match him at all either. I can understand how he needed to wear what ever they had but what was with the gold chains? Dracula doesnt need bling bling. The whole movie was urban it. It should have been called Blade In Da Hood I think the SUV rescue scene proved that just fine. Off topic there...anyways Dracula was himself for a total of about 2 minutes before he dies. He looks lame as a human. I want a bad guy who looks bad ass and stays that way the whole movie or atleast still looks evil when he's not in his costume or transformed.
As for reading comics....to be honest I dont anymore. I used to all the time now I dont. I read the TMNT series and I read the Darkstalkers series. Other then that I dont read comics. I never have time really

So finially all I can really say is I expect more out of a movie. The dialog in BLade 3 was childish and a step lower then the previous movies. I dont go to see a movie to watch two morons make dick jokes for 5 minutes and I also dont go to movies to have the I-pod shoved in my face. I think the movies bad no one is going to change my opinion and the only people I know who liked it are on this forum. To be honest I dont know anywhere else where people dont think this movie was a joke. But that is the very thing I like about this place not everyone thinks the same....people like Nintendo here

Raph's Girl
05-05-2005, 07:10 PM
There was already a Blade series.... it was called Spiderman: The Animated series and aired in the mid 1990s. :P

The Stryker
05-05-2005, 07:31 PM
The only thing about Blade 3 was the Whole "Dracula" Exploring the new world scene, THAT felt like a Music Video.

The rest suprised me, Especially Trips and Reynolds and now i think Reynolds can take the Mantle of Flash in the Future but The whole Nightstalkers series seems like.....Eh.

DrSpengler
05-05-2005, 07:51 PM
Also, who are you to say the Alien fanchise was bad after Aliens? Sure, Fincher took liberties with Alien3, but Alien 3 was good, amazingly dark.

I just wanted to comment on this and say that yes, Alien 3 is truely underrated by most fans of the franchise. I loved the Dog Alien; how it ran across the ceiling and spit acid in people's faces. The direction did have that fast-paced feel to it, but I wouldn't go so far as to calling it "one big music video".

Most people have a predisposed hatred of Alien 3 due to it's bad rap. It wasn't as good as Aliens, but it certainly isn't the awful movie people make it out to be.

I consider it a good end to Ripley's tale and a nice finale to the trilogy.

...and then they made Resurrection. :ohwell:

Brodie
05-06-2005, 12:28 PM
Spengler, you're a genuis.

And to Spitfire, Blade 3 wasn't Goyer's first film to direct.