PDA

View Full Version : Turtles In Prime Time OOO?

Shadow
05-08-2005, 10:32 PM
Hey, sorry if this has been mentioned before---but have you guyes noticed that Fox is promoting tmnt during their prime time line-ups? I've seen them do this during animation domination---with the new simpsons and family episodes--but also other line ups.

any thoughts? and why only promote turtles? Mind you--I'm happy about this---but if they're using tmnt to promote all of the saturday am line up---there are other shows just as popular---i wonder their reasons and choice behind this! any thoughts?!

azure turtle
05-08-2005, 11:05 PM
I've noticed the same thing. I've also seen ads for One Piece and for Sonic X during animation domination. I think Fox is trying to aim for an older audience that'll watch their Saturday morning line-up, especially TMNT. The show isn't just for kids any more, as the more recent episodes (like "Exodus" and "Same as it Never Was") demonstrate.

Duke
05-09-2005, 12:04 AM
I noticed this too and was very surprised. Although, I'm glad they're getting some advertising time.

Orochi Chimera
05-09-2005, 07:19 AM
They have been doing this since the show started. I was really surprised the first time they showed the promos.

Turtledude2k3
05-09-2005, 03:11 PM
I'm no kid myself. I am 23 years old and yes I saw tmnt ad on fox and also some otehr cartoons.

MrPliggins
05-10-2005, 03:46 PM
Yes I noticed One Piece and TMNT ads last week during the premiere of Animation Domination. Didn't see them this week, but all I watched was Family Guy and American Dad. I was surprised to see them advertised in primetime though.

Shadow
05-20-2005, 07:31 AM
i'm glad. i think its trying to build a larger audience--especially for turtles. Because I've heard--their going to be doing bigger and better things with our dear friends the turtles!

goodie!

John 14:6
05-21-2005, 04:22 PM
I'm no kid myself. I am 23 years old and yes I saw tmnt ad on fox and also some otehr cartoons.
Yeah, I'm 27 myself. Maybe we should start a thread and see who here is the oldest :)

Whitewolf89
05-21-2005, 05:27 PM
Hey, you guys, I'M 48 and have been a staunch fan of the TMNT since they came out in the late 80's. And I'm DARNED proud of that fact! ;)

Anyway, even with as much as I despise the Simpsons and some of the stuff on Fox's Animation Domination thing, I may start watching it here and there, ust to check this out for myself.

Heh. Maybe Fox should consider running the TMNT eps as part of that block. They might pick up some new, older fans. It might make CN get a clue, and move the guys to Toonami, as a result. What do YOU guys think?

Peace.

Turtledude2k3
05-21-2005, 10:18 PM
Hey, you guys, I'M 48 and have been a staunch fan of the TMNT since they came out in the late 80's. And I'm DARNED proud of that fact! ;)

Anyway, even with as much as I despise the Simpsons and some of the stuff on Fox's Animation Domination thing, I may start watching it here and there, ust to check this out for myself.

Heh. Maybe Fox should consider running the TMNT eps as part of that block. They might pick up some new, older fans. It might make CN get a clue, and move the guys to Toonami, as a result. What do YOU guys think?

Peace.

That's a good idea in fact it can replace Malcolm in the middle. Although I like the show, it's doesnt belong in the animation group because it's live-action.

Jephael
05-31-2005, 10:47 PM
I love how they air the commercials for the Sunday night lineup during 4Kids prorgramming, so it's kind of an even trade! Unfortunatly, I don't know if Fox has the right to air the current TMNT series outside of the 4Kids lineup. Although Cartoon Network's Miguzi lineup has been able to do just that so I don't see why it would be a problem to air TMNT on Sunday nights between Simpsons and Family Guy.