PDA

View Full Version : Holy Euologies Batman!

Voltron
05-18-2005, 01:15 PM
Frank Gorshin, perhaps best known as the Riddler in the 1960's Batman has died. He was a truly talented man and his passing is a big loss. Below are the details of his death.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7898702/

damnhooligan
05-18-2005, 01:26 PM
Oh, goddamnit. He'd been been in a play of a friend of my family's for some time now, playing George Burns in "Say Goodnight, Gracie." Absolutely amazing performance.

Say goodnight, Frankie.

Raph's Girl
05-18-2005, 03:45 PM
Batman and Star Trek fans have lost a total legend. Frank Gorshin was truly a comic genius. Now the problem is what are they gonna do with his character on "The Batman"??? He was the voice of Hugo Strange in that series. Adam West is also in that show as the Mayor of Gotham. :lol:

Ironically enough he was filming a movie recently called "Angels with Angels" (Also starring Adam West)... And now he is.... :o

That movie keeps on losing it's cast: First Rodney Dangerfield and now Frank Gorshin. :(

An Angel Level 1 named George Burns (Frank Gorshin) wants to be reunited with his long lost love, Gracie Allen, (Amy Wieczorek) who resides at Level 6. In order to do so he is sent on a mission by God (Rodney Dangerfield) to save a big time loser named Steven Shoomie Shoomer (Scott Edmund Lane).

Raph's Girl
05-20-2005, 01:32 AM
Anybody see CSI last night??? It was the season finale (I only watched the first hour cuz I just HAD to see World's Worst Idol Auditions :lol: ).

Anyways...last night's CSI was Frank Gorshin's last television performance. He played himself in one scene eating dinner with some friends (which included a mob boss and father of one of the characters) and did a couple impressions. IMO it was a rather ironic and nice homage to an awesome comic legend. :D

Ra
05-20-2005, 03:56 AM
*salutes another comic ledgend that she has next to heard nothing of* i hardly know this guy, or anything about him until i read this thread. all i know is that it's sad that another comic bites the dust. Frank Gorshin, i take off my bandana for you *takes off bandana and places it over her heart* may you bring joy and laughter to anyone else you may encounter from here on into wherever you roam