PDA

View Full Version : Interview with new movie's director!

Tetsu Deinonychus
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I know I've mentioned this in a couple other threads, but "gamerz-edge" or whatever has an interview with the guy directing the new TMNT movie

http://www.gamerz-edge.com/news/articles/040705Turtles.html

I think, the new flick is looking good so far. :)

Sage Ninja
05-18-2005, 10:52 PM
wow I'm suddenly very excited about this movie, which is good because I was a bit meh about it before. I just really hope that this movie will do the turtles characters justice.

I don't want to hate these characters represntations. But hey the director saying that the movie makers care about the fans really makes me happy :D . I'm just wondering what the voices will be like, since its pretty safe to say that they are not going to use the voice actors from the tv series.

Misfit
05-19-2005, 03:52 PM
But rest assured that these are not bubbly turtles in a half shell from the first TV series…

Awesome. That's just how I like my turtles...dark and edgy. I love the old toon, but my favourite turtles are the kind that you can take seriously. I knew the new movie probably would be fairly gritty, but it's great to have it confirmed.

None of us are interested in making another origin story. I think that one’s been well established by this point, don’t you? Nor are we out to redefine the franchise.

I have to agree. It's going to be people who are already TMNT fans that will be the main audience, IMHO, so I think it's okay that they aren't going for a just a rehashing of their origin.

we will cast the right voice for the right character… whether that person is a known actor or not.

I don't think they'd need a load of big name stars to attract people. Kids and established TMNT fans will see it reguardless, so I agree again. I would hope that they make Raph sound a little less gruff than he does in the New Toon. New Toon Raph's voice has always been a little *too* harsh for my liking...like he's been smoking 60 a day since he was born. Heh.

we care about you. Honestly. I entered into this as a fan and will remain so throughout the movie – that’s where the spark of this movie will come from. Everyone who is going to work on it loves the Turtles and loves the genre.

That gives me a lot of confidence. I like it when something is being made by someone who cares and knows the characters. Remember the old Batman franchise? That went wrong because Joel Schumacher, who made Batman Forever and Batman and Robin cared more about his own vision (which seemed to be endless camp and homo-eroticness) than what Batfans wanted. He was an up-himself-moron who didn't understand Batman AT ALL. It's really cool to see that this won't happen with TMNT.

The only bad thing about this movie is that it's a looooooooong wait until 2007!

Sage Ninja
05-21-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't think they'd need a load of big name stars to attract people. Kids and established TMNT fans will see it reguardless, so I agree again. I would hope that they make Raph sound a little less gruff than he does in the New Toon. New Toon Raph's voice has always been a little *too* harsh for my liking...like he's been smoking 60 a day since he was born. Heh.

New toon Raph's voice isn't bad he certainly pulls off the tough guy street thug persna off well. Although he certainly does have a harsh voice he doesn't sound much like a teenager. For the movie I'm hoping that we get something in between the voice of Raphael from the new toon and the classic toon. I just hope that they don't give all the turtles cheesy brooklin accents.

Sage Ninja
05-23-2005, 11:54 PM
I know this may sound a little juvanile but since this movie of the turtles is going to be darker and more like the orginal Mirage comics, I hope that in this movie thay will allow the turtles to swear a bit.

I mean I don't want them to have really bad potty mouths or anything where every other word they say is a swear word, but some cussing at the appriate times ( like battle, or their pissed off) would be nice and give it more of its edge from the comics.

raphaelprime
05-24-2005, 07:38 PM
I know this may sound a little juvanile but since this movie of the turtles is going to be darker and more like the orginal Mirage comics, I hope that in this movie thay will allow the turtles to swear a bit.

I mean I don't want them to have really bad potty mouths or anything where every other word they say is a swear word, but some cussing at the appriate times ( like battle, or their pissed off) would be nice and give it more of its edge from the comics.

so you mean like the first movie?

Sage Ninja
05-26-2005, 09:50 PM
i mean maybe swears that are a little more severe than the word "damn". I mean I don't want the f-word to be used but it might give it that more mirage feel that the movie is aiming at.

Misfit
05-27-2005, 06:22 AM
I don't think they need to swear much, really. I think going the way of the 1st movie and just having tamer words like bitchin' and damn would be fine. Out of the TMNTs, Raph's the only one who would swear a lot anyway IMHO...I think the others would have to be seriously aggravated or frightened before they swore much. That's how I've always seen them, and how they're often shown in fanfic.

Sage Ninja
05-27-2005, 09:04 PM
yeah like I said a little swearing wouldn't hurt and only when it was appropriate. Like when they are frustrated, angry, or in battle.

And actually I only heard Raph say damn once in the first movie and Mikey said damn once too and that was it. And parents acted like it was the wost thing to ever be uttered on the big screen. I hope that the creators aren't going to let parents screw with their dissions.

KermaTheTurtleoid
05-27-2005, 09:22 PM
we’re saying the events in the first movie have happened, and to a lesser extent, the second movie as well.

does this mean a continuation of basically the first 2 films? I hope so.

Sage Ninja
05-30-2005, 10:13 AM
I hope we see Casey Jones in this one ;)