PDA

View Full Version : Reality Check arc – I just noticed.

Kali
05-24-2005, 12:50 PM
I was looking over fan art when I was suddenly hit with a realization about where each Turtle was sent by the Time Scepter. When I first saw the episodes, I remember wondering why each Turtle was sent to the universe they were sent to. Now, it seems so obvious.

What was Mikey doing before UD showed up? Reading Super Hero comics.

What was Raph doing? Working on his motorcycle.

What was Don doing? Discussing time travel.

And what was Leo doing? Practicing his fighting skills. It’s a stretch, but it could also be because of his friendship with Usagi.

Aside from Splinter, it seems that the Turtles were sent off at random, and were guided by their own thoughts rather than by UD’s. It goes with the traits of the Time Scepter having a mind of its own, but still needing some sort of guidance.

Hindsight’s 20/20, of course, but I think it’s a fascinating look into the nature of the Time Scepter. It’s kind of odd to think of the Scepter as a character, but I’m starting to. I’m really looking forward to future episodes with these characters, I love time travel.

Tinuvielsdreams
05-24-2005, 03:06 PM
Very cool... I love analyzing things. It all makes sense but I did wonder about Leo's destination. I kinda figured they just really wanted to toss Usagi in there again, I always like to see him. It makes sense to send Leo to a world resembling fuedal Japan but inhabited by human like animals.

Mandi-chan
05-24-2005, 06:10 PM
I thought about that a little too, it makes sense. Plus none of them were sent to the same area in time and space...

Mikey: Alternate Reality

Raph: Different Planet

Donnie: Possible Future/Different Timeline with a Bad Future

Leo: Different Dimension

Splinter: UD took him with them I guess....poor Splinter.

longing for leo
05-24-2005, 06:57 PM
Mikey: Reading Super Hero comics.
Raph: Working on his motorcycle.
Don: Discussing time travel.
Leo: Practicing his fighting skills. & friendship with Usagi.
guided by their own thoughts rather than by UD’s. It goes with the traits of the Time Scepter having a mind of its own. it’s a fascinating look into the nature of the Time Scepter. It’s kind of odd to think of the Scepter as a character, but I’m starting to.
wow. that's amazingly cool! way 2 go kali! y don't i ever see these things? i always have to be told/shown these kinda devices/deep insites when i'm analysing anything. & ur rt, it's so obvious too. went completely over my head. :roll: yeah, i always wondered y UD sent them there. he said that they would suffer through time & space, but really, donny's the only 1 who suffers. mikey & raph get to play the games they've always fantasized about. makes u wonder y the sceptor picked on donny. i'd love to see the time scepter again too, but i don't want the bros split up. i prefer seeing them together. more character/relationships development, imo.

Tigerfog
05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
Hehe, I never thought about that.
I'm kinda glad Usagi is very involved with the turtles in the new series. He's worthy of our attention! ^O^
In the comics, I think he only appeared as a cameo in filler stories. At least he's not as silly as he was in the old TMNT cartoon...

Ra
05-25-2005, 04:09 AM
That's pretty well thought out Kali. I didn't get to see it (heck, I didn't get to see most of season 3) but from what I can gather, it does make sence

the Dark Knight
05-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Good job, Kali! It kinda reminds me of the Wizard of Oz, you know, "and you were there, and you were there".

Ryona
05-25-2005, 03:14 PM
Wow! Kali, that's such an eye opener! :o

That truly is incredible. Amazing observation!

Oh, and, Mandi-chan, that's also a really interesting relization!

Each of them did go to a different place in time and space! Awesome! :)

azure turtle
05-25-2005, 03:23 PM
Woah... Kali and Mandi, you both made very interesting observations. I didn't notice any of that. I really should pay more attention to details. :embarass:

Doppleganger
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Oh wow! Good observation. I'd never noticed that.

Misfit
05-26-2005, 09:57 AM
That's an awesome observation, Kali, one I agree with.

I also agree with those who like Usagi. I found him annoying in the old toon but here he's so bada** and I like his friendship with Leo. I want to see a bit more of him again in future seasons. Not too much because it would spoil the effect, IMHO, but a few guest apperences each season like what they've been doing so far would be fine. :)

Mandi-chan
05-26-2005, 02:55 PM
Off topic but it's been bugging me for forever....who is the voice actress that plays Karai? I can't find her credits listed anywhere!

John 14:6
05-27-2005, 09:02 PM
Hindsight’s 20/20, of course, but I think it’s a fascinating look into the nature of the Time Scepter. It’s kind of odd to think of the Scepter as a character, but I’m starting to. I’m really looking forward to future episodes with these characters, I love time travel.
I realized during the episode that they were all sent somewhere related to what they were just doing, but I never put it together with the nature of the Time Scepter. Nice work!

shadowflame611
05-27-2005, 09:26 PM
*blinks* wow.. Never would have thought of that! Though it makes perfect sense... great job!

TheTurtleTitan
05-29-2005, 11:47 AM
That's really interesting.

I mean, if I was Ultimate Draco, I would just send them to the sun or something.

longing for leo
05-29-2005, 06:40 PM
I mean, if I was Ultimate Draco, I would just send them to the sun or something.
:lol: he wanted them to suffer, member! somehow, i don't think they'd be in mental (or even physical) pain for long enough to satisfy UD. :P
i think that he should've made all the turtles see their bros/family/friends die like don. imo that would've been the most effective. imagine leo, seeing his bros die because of a falty decision of his or something. shell, he'd lose his mind. oh my poor leo. i'm glad he didn't have to go through that! & yet, my evil side is quite disappointed that i didn't get to see every1's reaction to a sainw kinda situation. i know it would've been repetative, but i wish they all went through that. i can see the reunion group hug :ttwisted: ah, what might have been...

yay! 50 posts, i'm a member! :D

Kali
05-29-2005, 08:20 PM
I really don't think UD sent the Turtles off to suffer immediately, I think he simply sent them off to get them out of his way. He'd get to them one by one once he’d gained more power. He could have just taken Splinter, but then the Turtles would go after him. By separating them all as far as possibly, it was less likely they'd stop him (although that's exactly what happened anyway.)

It was actually a decent strategy. But the bad guys always underestimate something, don't they?

Ra
05-30-2005, 01:07 AM
Of coarse. How else will our heros in green come back to defeat him? :D

Jephael
06-01-2005, 10:19 PM
Hehe, I never thought about that.
I'm kinda glad Usagi is very involved with the turtles in the new series. He's worthy of our attention! ^O^
In the comics, I think he only appeared as a cameo in filler stories. At least he's not as silly as he was in the old TMNT cartoon...

I was just watching the episodes he appeared in on the original cartoon and I couldn't help but grin at how childish his behavior was. I'd really love to see them find a way to re-enact certain seens from the old days.

Aska_Badoura
06-04-2005, 11:03 PM
*little lightbulb slowly goes on* Ohhh! That's very logical! Duh! :goof:

Just as an aside, Raph was sent to the future too. 2999, according to the Planet Racers website. But Mandi-chan still has a good point.

Hmm... Methinks they could do some really interesting stuff with the time scepter in the course of the show...

OT: I don't know who does Karai's voice either. I've been wondering, too. I came across www.fuzzy.com, and they list two different people for the same episodes, so they're probably just guessing, themselves. It's a start, anyway; one of them might be right. One is Kathleen Delaney, the other is Nicole Dooley. I'm a bit of a voice chaser, but this show has been using actors relatively new to the scene, so it's probably nobody I know, but you might.

Spitfire
06-14-2005, 11:31 PM
Yeah I was just thinking about this as I was watching it.
Mikey - Comic like universe
Raph - Planet Raceing
Don - Grim Future
Leo - Samurai Place o_O
Splinter - Nexus Prison because UD put him there...Spilnter didnt get a cool adventure of his own...poor guy

Ra
06-15-2005, 03:06 AM
Yes...most likely the only exitment he got was torcer and maybe have things spoken to him like "all of your turtle sons have perished. You have no one! *evil laugh*" or something

Masked Ninja
06-15-2005, 11:12 PM
I did think that each Turtle went to a place matching his personality (in a way) but you're right, this makes more sense. I did like how Don got to see his place among his brothers...peacemaker, apparently. I wonder if he'd been doubting his worth since he got knocked out of the Battle Nexus Tournament so early.

longing for leo
06-16-2005, 07:28 PM
I did like how Don got to see his place among his brothers...peacemaker, apparently. I wonder if he'd been doubting his worth since he got knocked out of the Battle Nexus Tournament so early.
aww, poor donny. i hope not! he sure shouldn't now that he's apparently the reason his bros stuck together through the exodus battle. (assuming that was the battle splinter would've died in, allowing shredder to travel to the utrom homeworld & bring back slaves to inslave the earth)
Spilnter didnt get a cool adventure of his own...poor guy
Yes...most likely the only exitment he got was torture and maybe have things spoken to him like "all of your turtle sons have perished. You have no one! *evil laugh*" or something
yeah, no fair! i want to know what exactly went on. imo we need another wrap up ep like reflections. does any1 think that they'll comment on karai stabbing leo? & wouldn't it be cool if raph got emotional remembering it? i love seeing raphie get upset. ah, who could forget that he's the only turtle to have ever cried (twice even!) & over leo! makes me melt every time. yeah, u all know i'm a sucker for that fraternal love stuff. :roll: i know we all hate to see nothing but old eps cut up, but i really want to see/hear the guys talking about/reacting to all that's been going on. countdown to "return of the reflections!" :P

Jephael
06-18-2005, 11:53 PM
That would be a great way to start off season 4, with like a look back on everything they've been through!

longing for leo
06-19-2005, 08:17 PM
That would be a great way to start off season 4, with like a look back on everything they've been through!
yay, some1 actually commented on & agreed w/ 1 of my posts! :D so, what do u guys want to see in season 4? (& no spoilers from any synopsii that might be around please! i want to be surprised) who agrees w/ me & wants more fraternal love/ responses to almost losing each other (quite a few times) in this season? who disagrees & wants something completely different? lets get some discussion out here, i'm interested in your opinions (wishes, dreams, desires, or whatever)! :)

Kali
06-19-2005, 09:34 PM
No detailed synopsis’ have been released yet, but I doubt they're going to start off immediately after the end of season three. As fun as the fan fic would be, watching the Turtles sit around recuperating would be kind of boring. It would be funny if Mike was still bed-bound, however. Noting that they need to get back in shape would be a nice touch, though I’m not sure whether to expect it from the writers or not.

Though it would set the stage for a flashback/recap episode. Not sure if I’d start a season like that, though.