PDA

View Full Version : Live 8

Sewer Bull
07-04-2005, 10:11 AM
Will it lead to anything? Live Aid was a huge and successful event but its results appear to be rather small on the long run.
I'm afraid Live 8 is going to be the same. :ohwell:

Anarky
07-04-2005, 10:22 AM
No, it won't. Politicians will once again not listen to the reasonable crowd. And I also think that a concert is a bad platform to spread out a political message. I mean, they'd rather listen to each other while attending that obsolete G8-summit. How many times have they decided anything there. Okay, there was that debt-thing recently, but other than that?

But it was nice to see Pink Floyd together again. Really.

damnhooligan
07-05-2005, 11:18 AM
Was I the only one who didn't have a clue this was going on or what the bloody hell live8 meant? Survey says, YES!

Jester
07-05-2005, 11:27 AM
What i think is sad is that the musisians get a "gift bag" worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars....If they'd forgo the gifts and give that money to the nations they are tryinh to help, the debt might be gone by 8 Live Aids.

ThirdMarioBro
07-05-2005, 12:06 PM
Meh, me thinks musicians only do this as a tax write off. Cynical, I know.

verminator_x
07-06-2005, 01:17 AM
dont think that any revolution is going to happen, as madonna said.
if all those big artist gave away 5 mill to live 8 it would maybe help.
they can afford it. the highlight of live 8 was when the who and pink floyd gave us the best show that night. it was fun to see how the older musicians did not swear or talk trough the songs they played.
they let their instruments and music talk for them.

Misfit
07-08-2005, 01:11 PM
I don't think it'll make a difference where politicans are concerned but it was a great show and it did get the general public to think. Did anyone see Paul McCartney and U2 opening up with Sgt Pepper? It was breath taking. Paul can still rock the house.