PDA

View Full Version : new PS2 good or bad?

Coola Yagami
07-07-2005, 10:16 PM
I just went out and bought myself the newer smaller PS2. But I've been warned of problems the system has over the littlest things. Like, they're easily broken down with not reading discs, overheating and stuff like that. What kind of stuff should I do to avoid such problems?

ThirdMarioBro
07-08-2005, 12:39 AM
Actually, I'm curious too. Most redesigns are supposed to work better, but Sony loves to cheap out on the required parts...

Deathknight
07-08-2005, 08:29 AM
Well considering how crappy the original PS2 was durability wise it can't be much worse. I'm probably one of the very few people that has one of the older PS2 systems that still works 100%. I'd say it's mostly because I almost never use it though.

Barkworm
07-08-2005, 09:52 AM
Mine is three years old now, I use it very often and the only problem I have is that it runs slower now. Nothing bad though.
I don't know about the new one but at least it looks great. :lol:

Deathknight
07-08-2005, 10:41 AM
My PS2 is four years old and still works perfectly.

Dinny
07-08-2005, 12:54 PM
I just went out and bought myself the newer smaller PS2. But I've been warned of problems the system has over the littlest things. Like, they're easily broken down with not reading discs, overheating and stuff like that. What kind of stuff should I do to avoid such problems?

I've had one for a month now, Sony made me crack with God of War and Tekken 5. I haven't had any problems with it, but it is pretty cheaply made. For example, with original PS2s the disc tray slides open with the push of a button, but with this new slimline range, it opens much like the Gamecube, however when you look inside you can see a flimsy little spring which I have had to reposition several times. Also, it does get very warm, very quickly. Otherwise it's fine, I've had no other problems.