PDA

View Full Version : Classic nintendo cartoons on dvd!??

Turtledude2k3
07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
I just read on a topic that this guy is waiting for his Captain N the game master dvd and someone just preordered the mario bros super show dvd?

What classic nitnendo shows are on dvd now?

Tell meeE!!!! .......please.....and where can I buy them too?

Weapon X
07-25-2005, 03:06 PM
I think Super Mario Super Show is on DVD....

verminator_x
07-26-2005, 04:42 PM
I think Super Mario Super Show is on DVD....

the season 2 is out, but only on vhs, have seen the seson 1 on dvd.

Deathknight
07-27-2005, 10:12 AM
Super Mario Super Show and Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 are on DVD. Not the complete series though. There are also Zelda episodes on the Super Show DVDs. I think the SMB3 DVD is called Mario Mania.

TigerClaw
08-03-2005, 10:33 AM
I think they should release box sets of all of the nintendo cartoons starting with Captain N: The Gamemaster, Super Mario Super Show, Super Mario 3, Super Mario World, The Legend Of Zelda.

KROW
08-03-2005, 10:44 AM
Super Mario Super Show and Adventures of Super Mario Bros 3 are on DVD. Not the complete series though. There are also Zelda episodes on the Super Show DVDs. I think the SMB3 DVD is called Mario Mania.
Where the hell are these things? I've looked in Best Buy, Target, Wal Mart, even KMart. I never even saw these, let alone knew that they were released.

DrSpengler
08-03-2005, 11:25 AM
The previous DiC video game cartoon releases are all out of print. The Super Show DVD, the Mario 3 DVD, the Zelda DVD, and the Sonic Underground DVD.

I guess they did that because they're putting out the season sets. Strangely, our computer at Suncoast doesn't have any listings for the season sets and it's updated through December.

TigerClaw
08-03-2005, 12:15 PM
What I also like to see released on DVD was these cartoons back in the 80s called Saturday Supercade, It had a bunch of cartoons ranging from Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Q-Bert, Kangaroo, Pitfall, Frogger, And Space Ace.

DrSpengler
08-03-2005, 12:53 PM
What I also like to see released on DVD was these cartoons back in the 80s called Saturday Supercade, It had a bunch of cartoons ranging from Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr., Q-Bert, Kangaroo, Pitfall, Frogger, And Space Ace.

I remember the Space Ace shorts actually got rerun on Cartoon Network back in the early 90's during their action toons block.

I'm interested in seeing the Supercade cartoons as well, just to see the earliest version of Mario ever put on film. Apparantly he was a traveling carnie and Pauline was his niece. Whacky.

EDIT: By the way, that would mean that Luigi got some.

TigerClaw
08-03-2005, 01:26 PM
I remember the Space Ace shorts actually got rerun on Cartoon Network back in the early 90's during their action toons block.

I'm interested in seeing the Supercade cartoons as well, just to see the earliest version of Mario ever put on film. Apparantly he was a traveling carnie and Pauline was his niece. Whacky.

EDIT: By the way, that would mean that Luigi got some.
Yeah, Kind of wierd, Soon after, Mario Bros came out in the arcade and he became a plumber.

DrSpengler
08-03-2005, 01:49 PM
Yeah, Kind of wierd, Soon after, Mario Bros came out in the arcade and he became a plumber.

I know it's a strange thing to like, but one of my favorite things about the early Mario games was that there was an actual continuity between them.

Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong kidnaps Pauline so Mario hurls his sh1t off a building and rescues her.

Donkey Kong Jr: Mario takes Donkey Kong to the jungle to kill him or something and Donkey Kong Jr comes to his fahter's rescue.

Wrecking Crew: Mario, still in the demolition business, destroys a very tall skyscraper while avoiding whacky monsters.

Mario Bros.: Mario and his brother Luigi investigate turtle monsters and other creatures crawling out of the Brooklyn sewers.

Super Mario Bros.: Mario and Luigi go through those pipes after defeating all the monsters and arrive in the Mushroom Kingdom during King Koopa's attack.

Actual continuity, and this is back when video games typically didn't have stories or actual characters. Always impressed me.

Tetsu Deinonychus
08-04-2005, 08:39 PM
WOW! I've never heard of Whacking Crew! I thought it went from DK jr. Right to Mario Bros. I wish they's make a show that follows Mario's adventures through all those early games.

Anyway, does anybody know if the SMB3 episode that guest-starred Milli Vanilli is on VHS or DVD? That's the only episode I care about.

DrSpengler
08-04-2005, 09:06 PM
WOW! I've never heard of Whacking Crew! I thought it went from DK jr. Right to Mario Bros. I wish they's make a show that follows Mario's adventures through all those early games.

Anyway, does anybody know if the SMB3 episode that guest-starred Milli Vanilli is on VHS or DVD? That's the only episode I care about.

Whacking Crew? Yeah, I've seen that movie. I think it was on Cinemax a few years ago. ;)

The Milli Vanilli episode was not included on the SMB3 DVD, unfortunately. I owned that DVD and sold it a little while later.
I remember the episode, though. Kootie Pie was whining to King Koopa that she wanted Milli Vanilli to play a personal concert for her, so he caved and kidnapped them from Earth. Meanwhile, Toad was getting Mario and Luigi ready for a Milli Vanilli concert by having them dress in tuxedos. Princess Toadstool then comes sliding down the rail of the stairs in torn up jeans and a t-shirt. Apparantly, Toad didn't know sh1t about Milli Vanilli (and, oddly enough, niether did the Mario Bros despite being from Earth, while Princess Toadstool was from the Mushroom Kingdom).

I forget the rest but needless to say they rescue Milli Vanilli in some goofy fashion.

Tetsu Deinonychus
08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
I meant WRECKING crew. :lol:

And, that is my favourite SMB3 ep, because it's so ridiculous I don't want the DVD if it's not on it.

bedbugjones
08-04-2005, 10:09 PM
on amazon.com threres a fire emblem movie its dubbed

Spitfire
08-04-2005, 11:55 PM
OH MY GOD! I need these DVDs! *Evil Grin* let the dubbing begin

Sewer Bull
08-05-2005, 12:34 AM
I forget the rest but needless to say they rescue Milli Vanilli in some goofy fashion.

That's the only ep I remember from SMB3. Anyone's got screencaps? :D

ThirdMarioBro
08-05-2005, 01:06 AM
Okay, the Super Mario Bros Super Show is coming out on DVD sometime in October. It's not been decided weither they'll do it in two boxes or just one (1 more likely), but alongside it will come the old Legend of Zelda series and Sonic the Hedgehog. If they do the DVD's in 2 sets, the second would come in Janurary.

Captain N is dead. It'll never be released due to too many legal issues. As for SMB3 or Mario World, PM me on where to get those ;)

Mikey the Party Turtle
08-05-2005, 05:00 AM
I'll be picking up both Zelda and SMBSS. SMBSS is entertaining while Zelda is a piece of crap that deserves to be made fun of.

"Well, excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuse me princess!"

Though all these 80s 'toons are getting the DVD treatment and poor 'ol Real Ghostbusters sits in the corner...

DrSpengler
08-05-2005, 09:53 AM
I have all 13 episodes of Zelda on cruddy VHS. Yeah, it was kinda lame, but back then Link was still new and his character hadn't really been refined. Same could be said for Mario. Look at his Super Show version and the version we see now. Biiiig difference.

That still doesn't excuse Link's catch phrase.

AND I WANT MY CAPTAIN N!

KROW
08-05-2005, 12:25 PM
Okay, the Super Mario Bros Super Show is coming out on DVD sometime in October. It's not been decided weither they'll do it in two boxes or just one (1 more likely), but alongside it will come the old Legend of Zelda series and Sonic the Hedgehog. If they do the DVD's in 2 sets, the second would come in Janurary.

Captain N is dead. It'll never be released due to too many legal issues.
Cool. That's awesome to know.

But... Captain N is dead? Why? What were the legal issues?

DrSpengler
08-05-2005, 01:03 PM
Cool. That's awesome to know.

But... Captain N is dead? Why? What were the legal issues?

I guess because Konami owns Simon Belmont and Capcom owns Megaman, and I'm sure neither company are pleased in the way their characters were misrepresented in the Captain N toon.

Just a guess.

KROW
08-05-2005, 02:05 PM
Well, I didn't like how Mega Man was presented in that cartoon, either, but Mother Brain had eyes and lips (covered in makeup, no less) and sounded like Audrey II. I wouldn't think there would need to be a lawsuit involved based on interpretation.

Turtledude2k3
08-05-2005, 08:45 PM
wHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHAT! I want my captain n.. Heck the show was good..

The Stryker
08-05-2005, 08:53 PM
Megaman was this stumpy thing that talked like moe from the simpsons...i didn't even know it was megaman until 10 years later.