PDA

View Full Version : Why was Casey left out of Secret of Ooze?

Coligeon
12-04-2002, 10:32 PM
I've never really understood this. Casey Jones has always been my favorite part about ninja turtles (even more then the turtles hah). He had a lot of great lines and beat up Raph (wow). Can't get much better then that. Plus, he actually used his weapon raelly violently. I mean he was gonna go all out on those "purse grabbing pukes!" My main question is, why was he left out? Was he too violent or was it because the turtles were going for a more kiddie approach? I still like the second one, but Casey just added that..."edge" I suppose. I'm going to hopefully rent the third movie tomorrow because it has been so long and I want to see how his character compares to the original. Thanks for the comments ^_^.

Mondo_Gecko
12-04-2002, 10:44 PM
Yeah its too badCasey never was in the second one. But that was never my problem with it, i always wished Bebop & Rocksteady and Krang were gunna be in it. I remember how upset i was as a kid going to see that movie expecting to see them and there was Tokka & Rahazer.

Nickokapo
12-04-2002, 11:35 PM
I've heard lots of kids got deceptioned when tmnt 2 came out, because there were rumors there were going to be 2 mutant sidekicks for shredder, so everyone thought bebop and rocksteady.
That didn't happen to me tho since i saw the movie after it was out in the usa.
Oh and i definitely missed casey in tmnt 2 :P
And, um...i don't wanna spoil it to you or anything coligeon, so i'll just say casey in tmnt 3 doesnt plays a big part :(
I was hoping he would, afterall it was his comeback to the tmnt movies! :D but nah...

Mondo_Gecko
12-04-2002, 11:54 PM
I was Decepted....

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 06:08 AM
Casey wasn't in, because he was too violent. After the firs movie, parents complained and the violence was taken out from the second movie. And so was Casey. NO wonder the Movie flopped.

FreshRazz
12-05-2002, 06:24 AM
I never knew that... :o well guess i was to young to care bak then :P

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 06:29 AM
Parents were waiting for something like the cartoon when the first movie came out. It was based on original comics, it was dark and had a good plot, That was a shock to parents. They are the ones we can blame for the Secret of the ooze.

FreshRazz
12-05-2002, 07:06 AM
Die Parents Die... :flaming:
Oh God! Mum Dad What haveI done... :teek:
I spilt ketchup on ya... that's gonna stane... :goof:
I'd neva kill my parents or would i... :tanime:

R-iZZy
12-05-2002, 08:21 AM
oh boy... Casey would've been a good match to Tokka and Rahzar!

Turtle X
12-05-2002, 08:25 AM
Parents these days I tell ya :x I didnt Know that ethier, well now that i do i can sit back and be mad all day. thank you lol :wink: :tpizza:

Kali
12-05-2002, 08:40 AM
Actually, I'd say "Parents from ten years ago!" I've noticed the "too much action and violence line" has been pushed back considerably over the years. Kids movies have a lot more action now than they did ten years ago.

True that Casey was probably taken out because they wanted to make the second movie less violent, and let's face it, if Casey had been in a movie like that it would have been even worse. I can't even imagine how they could have fit Casey into the TMNT2 script without it being awkward.

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 08:47 AM
Yeah nowdays parent aren't so much worried about violence. It's Sex nowdays that they are worried about.

Shellfox
12-05-2002, 09:09 AM
My mom didn't care she took me to TMNT 1 like 4 times, I was lucky my perants were never into that super soccer mom mentality, if it was rated or put on TV for my age they were fine with it.

Granted Casey sucked in 3, but Wick was kinda fun, and I liked Keno in 2, he was really cool in surf ninjas, provided you sespend beliefe

Turtle X
12-05-2002, 09:15 AM
What was kenos's real name??? and around here parents are still pushy about everything, they need to lighten up. 8)

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
12-05-2002, 09:29 AM
Keno's real name was Ernie Reyes, Jr. And since we are discussing the second movie, I had a question.

At the beginning of the movie, when they are in that pizza parlor, and a black man with headphones walks away with a pizza, does that not look like Rickey Henderson, the baseball player?

I have always wondered this.

"Things are not always what they seem." - Leonardo, from "The Turtle Terminator"

raphael90
12-05-2002, 09:55 AM
Shoot, back when I saw it in like '91, the first TMNT movie was a little overwhelming to me at a young age, but I liked it. My parents didn't seem to find anything objectionable. Casey is cool and I love the way he shakes things up with his attitude. He even provided a little romance which sadly nothing ever came of.

I like TMNT 2 basically because I grew up with it. Around that time it was released on video, I had my one and only Turtle B-day party. We watched the movie that night and I loved it!

I still do because the Turtles are cool anyway.

Had I watched TMNT 2 only of recently, the things that might have killed it for me was the Turtle's look had changed, April was a different actor, Shredder looked ridiculous, and the ending was rather cheesy.

But I still like the movie and I don't think I'll ever hate it.

As for TMNT 3, I never saw that when it came out and now that I've seen it its my least favorite. But yes, Casey's presence was a definite positive for that one.

Aztec General
12-05-2002, 12:21 PM
I'd say he wasn't in it because the writers didn't want to hurt his character's integrity by being in such an awful film. But then again they put him in the third movie. (lol)

Wow it is really amazing how bad the two sequels were, to what I consider to be a pretty damn good super hero movie. It wasn't perfect (I might do a post about this soon) but as a whole I thought it did a great job of telling the story from the comics, while at the same time incorporating elements of the cartoon for younger audiences. All the while not dumbing down the story.

Newton Gimmick
12-05-2002, 12:22 PM
Actually, the actor who played Casey didn't want a role in TNMT2, it had nothing to do with Violence and kids. Sorry Karpo. I read a interview with him, YEARS and years ago when the movie was coming out.

As for Tokka & Rahzar instead of Rocksteady and Bebop...THAT was one of the major reasons the movie wasn't as successful. EVERYONE thought for sure we were gonna see our fav mutant baddies, and instead we got some really lame replacements.

I know people that complain about that to this day.

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Toka & Rahzar were ok i like them but it would have been so cool to see Bebop & Rocksteady

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 12:35 PM
Well Maybe caseys actor was wise enough to refuse that role. And The first Movie was a hit, so Rocksteady and Bebop didn't have anything to do with the seconds failure.

The fact is, that usually sequals are not nearly as good as the original one. TMNT 2 is no exception. Alltough it could have been much better. The fact that they take away the violence and good plot were the facts that made the movie bad.

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 12:39 PM
Yeah I always think the first one is better.

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 12:40 PM
There are few exceptions. T2 is very good, so is Aliens. Maybe not as good as originals but close.

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 12:42 PM
Yes in most cases the original is always better then the sequel.

Aztec General
12-05-2002, 12:48 PM
I liked Empire better than Star Wars. Otherwise the "Law of Diminishing Returns" (everything gets worse as time goes on) is usually in effect. I like both T2 and Aliens but I thought they were both equally as good as the originals. I can't think of any others right now...hmmm. I'll get back to you...

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 12:51 PM
THats a good example too. Empire stikes back is the best SW movie. After that, the original Producer(can't remember his name) left, and Lucas gained total control. After that came Ewoks. Then gungans.

Originally Return of the Jedi would have been a much darker story. In the interview at IGN the original producer said that there were not going to be a second death star, and definetly no Ewoks. He also said that original Plan was, that Han Solo would die in that movie. I really would have hoped that the prucer wouldn't have left.

Aztec General
12-05-2002, 01:15 PM
It was actually not supposed to be a planet of Wookies not Ewoks. It was Lucas' idea to change it. Uggh! Then the Gungans. Double Uggh!

If you want a real epic movie trilogy just wait for the next two Lord of the Rings. Or read the books!

Eye of Sarnath
12-05-2002, 01:26 PM
Uhh, Han was never supposed to die.

Never.

And it was changed from Wookies to Ewoks because the species on Endor was supposed to be technologically primitive, which Wookies are not.

And I like Gungans.

And I like Star Wars better than the Lord of the Rings.

raphael90
12-05-2002, 01:36 PM
Leonard Maltin gives the first two TMNT movies thumbs down, he rated them very poorly. But he seems to grade movies on how outstanding they are. Back in 1990, we didn't of course have all the special effects to make a good super hero movie. I think TMNT 1 coulda been better in some scenes, but it is still a cool movie. I have watched it WAY too many times.
As for TMNT 2, I've probably watched it alot too. I agree, more believable action, the same April and Shredder, and Casey would have made it better.

Karpo_007
12-05-2002, 02:45 PM
Uhh, Han was never supposed to die.

Never.

And it was changed from Wookies to Ewoks because the species on Endor was supposed to be technologically primitive, which Wookies are not.

And I like Gungans.

And I like Star Wars better than the Lord of the Rings.

Yes Han was suposed to die. If you refuse to belive it, I will find the link.

Coligeon
12-05-2002, 07:52 PM
Yeah, thanks for the warning Nickokapo. I just got done watching it and I was pretty dissappointed. I have already seen it years back, but I got back into the movies and had to see it. Lol, casey's intro was the best part in the movie. ONe of the turtles was like "Yeah, we got backup!" and Casey jones comes running down the stairs. Then as the movie progressed he never really did anything except babysit the other worriors. He had a few good lines. When the turtles found out they were going back in a war casey got mad and said "I knew I was missing out!" or something. Anyway, his character still had some flair. Too bad he wasn't used. Whit was underused as well...too bad. Some of the fight scenes were done well...yet spoiled by the crazy/goofy sound affects added in like the "boings!" and the like. *sigh*. The costumes bugged me a lot too. THe oringinals look more real to me. They had way too many spots all over their bodies. And Splinter...I won't even go there...The first one was so good because it wasn't all about humor. It had a very serious plot to it. Sheddar was really a decent bad guy too. Shedder was just a puppet in the second one saying the generic "get them!" They should have had another great fight between them all like in the original. All in all, it was good to see the third film, but it really paled in comparison to the others.

FreshRazz
12-05-2002, 08:24 PM
isnt the nxt star wars comming out in 2005??? :teek: crazy, oh and i must admit i love t2 that was the best

Greed
12-05-2002, 08:32 PM
I read some where that if all goes as planed the next TMNT movie will come out in 2005

Shellfox
12-05-2002, 08:34 PM
believe it when I see it

oh and I'm glad they got James Earl Jones to do the next Star Wars movie

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 08:39 PM
Wow Anoather TMNT Movie!!!!!! Please Have Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang & The Technodrome!!!!! Please Have Bebop, Rocksteady, Krang & The Technodrome!!!!!

Greed
12-05-2002, 08:44 PM
If they make the movie it will probably be Mirage based because they will start working on it if the new show takes off & the reason it will take so long to make is because it will be in CGI

Shellfox
12-05-2002, 08:44 PM
please don't follow 3, please don't follow 3

Newton Gimmick
12-05-2002, 08:47 PM
Casey Jones' actor didn't want to reprise the role over money, and that he didn't want to be typecast. Not because of how the movie was. However he did want Casey to be a biger role in the movies, and more violent, but also unmasked, blah.

As for Star Wars, don't get me started. Marks only hate Return of the Jedi, cause they've been trained to. I don't know about Han dying, and since he didn't, its kinda silly to rebuttle history.

As for TNMT2, it wasn't a box office, flop, so I dunno why anyone says it was. However, it wasn't a popular as the first, namely cause TNMT sold out to the likes of Vanilla Ice, and everyone was baited with promises of Rocksteady and Bebop, and when we got to the theatre we were given Tokka and Rahzar....Who weren't stupid....but BABIES!

Alas, It seems R & B are dead for now, but don't worry True Believers, all great villans live to fight another day!

Greed
12-05-2002, 08:48 PM
It mite just be a reintroduction of the turtles thats what I think

Greed
12-05-2002, 08:52 PM
yeah I don't think there coming back ever ever ever ever ever ever ever ever again but you never know

Deathknight
12-05-2002, 09:13 PM
What was so great in my opinion about the first tmnt movie is it had a perfect blend of the cartoon and the comics. It had plenty of good fight scenes but still left room for equal amounts of comedy. The only bad part about it was no Bebop, Rocksteady or Krang which has been mentioned. You're right parents suck and I wish they wouldn't be whine so much. It makes me think of how many parents complained about Beavis and Butt-head. Young kids with stupid parents let them watch it and when they did something dumb, who was blamed? Why Mike Judge, the creator of course... it's not their fault that they're stupid. Taking out the action was just a way to make stupid parents shut up. The 2nd movie was decent but I'm sorry, it didn't come close to the first one. I also like ESB best in Star Wars. The ewoks were a stupid idea and were just annoying.... all the other parts of that movie weren't bad though. I liked the light saber fight with Luke and Vader and the battle to destroy the death star. I dunno I don't think I would've wanted Han to die anyway. Han was a cool character in the Star Wars movies and he shouldn't have died.

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 09:26 PM
Yeah TMNT 2 had empty promises i was so sure B ebop & Rocksteady were in i, and they weren't. And No Krang eirther. Well i'll always have the old cartoon.

BigThew
12-05-2002, 09:33 PM
i know what the hell, the first episode was great..an origin movie

the 2nd i wanted bebop and Rocksteady and Krang..oh well..maybe they would have been to hard to create on the big screen, or that the writer or director wanted to keep it like the Mirage Comic book

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 09:35 PM
It just sucks. Tokka & Rahzar are cool. But Bebop & Rocksteady rocked and desrved to be in that movie. And Krang too with the Technodrome. Now that would have made acoolmovie.

Duke
12-05-2002, 09:48 PM
What the crap is up with any of the turtle movies? I mean the turtle movies and Dumb and Dumber are the greatest movies of all time, but couldn’t they have done a little better with the scripts and stuck with the cartoon and comic books.

Seriously, what's up with splinter not being human? I really can’t comprehend it? Come on, no rat can do ninjitsu in a cage. What were they thinking?

And in the second movie, where was Casey Jones? I kept expecting him to come out of no where and beat the crap out of Tokka and Rahzar. But he didn't even need to do beat the crap out of them because Tokka and Rahzar shouldn't even have been in the movie. It should have been the 2 greatest henchmen of all time Bebop and Rocksteady.

And don't even talk about the third movie. Come on the turtles go back in time and Shedder doesn't have an ancestor there. I mean seriously, I could have written a better script for that movie in my sleep. And the turtle’s costumes sucked. Plus, Casey Jones might as well have stayed at home because he did absolutely nothing.

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 09:55 PM
I totally agree with ya Dukesdaddy98 Welcome to the Boards!
Spilinter not being human is something i will never understand. And Bebop & Rocksteady are the greatest henchmen in the world.

But I'm sure Karpo as soon as reading this will go and tell you all about how it was the right way and everything.

Deathknight
12-05-2002, 10:32 PM
It should have been the 2 greatest henchmen of all time Bebop and Rocksteady.
Don't you mean henchmutants? :P and anyway I agree, Bebop and Rocksteady would've rocked in a live action movie.

Mondo_Gecko
12-05-2002, 10:37 PM
Ya i like that word Henchmutants.

Karpo_007
12-06-2002, 05:10 AM
I can't belive all you want from future TMNT projects is Rocksteady Bepop and Krang. They are part of a children's cartoon comedy, if a new TMNT movie is made you cant really belive they would use those? If they had used those in the first movie, it would have completely ruined it.

And the Second one was genrally bad. Basicly just made too cartonish. The third one went even further. The first one is the Most darkest TMNT adventure. It comes pretty close to the true TMNT's feeling. No wonder it was a succes.

Jephael
12-06-2002, 05:35 AM
To tell you the truth, I also wish Bebop and Rocksteady would appear in the new toon because I've always liked them. I don't really care though if Krang doesn't come back, because we'll still have the utroms.
Look at it this way: If B+R were to show up in the new show, they'd become as dark and gritty as the other characters.

Sparvid
12-06-2002, 05:55 AM
I wonder what a Shredder based on his Mirage counterpart would do with Bebop and Rocksteady after they failed for the tenth time... :lol:

Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan
12-06-2002, 07:13 AM
Just two things:

1. What are the utroms? People keep referring to them, and I have no idea who/what they are. Are they something from the comic books?

2. I must be the only person on the planet who enjoyed the third Ninja Turtles movie. Wow, I can't believe how much people detest that film. I liked it better than the first two movies, but most people think it was terrible.

To each his own, I guess.

"Your nightmares have only just begun." - Krang, from "Attack of Big MACC"

Karpo_007
12-06-2002, 07:20 AM
Actually, I think that third wasn't that bad. Especially after the second. Atleast the TMNT used weapons.

Shellfox
12-06-2002, 08:32 AM
The only bad part of 2 for me was Vanilla Ice, what were they thinking

I liked 3 but it was kinda left field from the others, and I never got the whole legend of a 1000 swords, or what ever that legend was

tekcop
12-06-2002, 09:13 AM
1. What are the utroms? People keep referring to them, and I have no idea who/what they are. Are they something from the comic books?

Yes they are from the comics. They're an alien race that are partially responsible for the creation of the turtles and seem to be pretty good friends with them. Here's a pic -- Click. (http://www.ninjaturtles.com/comics/mirage/volume01/03/0304.gif)

2. I must be the only person on the planet who enjoyed the third Ninja Turtles movie. Wow, I can't believe how much people detest that film. I liked it better than the first two movies, but most people think it was terrible.

I kind of liked the movie. The turtles ues they're weapons in that one.

I wonder what a Shredder based on his Mirage counterpart would do with Bebop and Rocksteady after they failed for the tenth time... :lol:
I'm sure he'd have them executed.

Raphael-sama
12-06-2002, 10:15 AM
Please. The second movie should have done alot better, kid-wise, because it was more cartoon-based. Say what you will, Karpo, but back in the early 90s, when a kid sees an ad for a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, he expects a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles he KNOWS. I mean, how many kids in their youth knew about the Mirage comics? Very few, maybe none, I'd wager. So, with no knowledge of this, you go into the movie expecting it to be like the cartoon. It isn't. Kids go up into anarachy, directors make sure the second film is more like the show.

Then again, maybe that's why the first film did so well. You know how critics and adults are: if a kid likes something, and they make a movie of it, it must suck, right? But if the film ISN'T like what the kid likes, and is more dark and moody then the "kiddy" cartoon (punches himself out, argh), then chances are, they're going to watch it with a clear mind. *shrug*

-Badabing.

Aztec General
12-06-2002, 10:24 AM
i know what the hell, the first episode was great..an origin movie

the 2nd i wanted bebop and Rocksteady and Krang..oh well..maybe they would have been to hard to create on the big screen, or that the writer or director wanted to keep it like the Mirage Comic book

The 2nd movie had NOTHING to do with the Mirage Comics. So I can assure you that what you said was NOT the reason for the movie being crap.

Aztec General
12-06-2002, 10:25 AM
I can't belive all you want from future TMNT projects is Rocksteady Bepop and Krang. They are part of a children's cartoon comedy, if a new TMNT movie is made you cant really belive they would use those? If they had used those in the first movie, it would have completely ruined it.

And the Second one was genrally bad. Basicly just made too cartonish. The third one went even further. The first one is the Most darkest TMNT adventure. It comes pretty close to the true TMNT's feeling. No wonder it was a succes.

I'd comment further but you've pretty much said it perfectly.

Mondo_Gecko
12-06-2002, 10:38 AM
Please. The second movie should have done alot better, kid-wise, because it was more cartoon-based. Say what you will, Karpo, but back in the early 90s, when a kid sees an ad for a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, he expects a film about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles he KNOWS. I mean, how many kids in their youth knew about the Mirage comics? Very few, maybe none, I'd wager. So, with no knowledge of this, you go into the movie expecting it to be like the cartoon. It isn't. Kids go up into anarachy, directors make sure the second film is more like the show.

-Badabing.

Thank you which is exactly why Bebop & Rocksteady should have been in it.

Karpo_007
12-06-2002, 11:14 AM
The First movie was for all ages, it was dark and had a good plot. Thats why it was a success. The second one ruined all that(Because parents wanted the movie to be more kid friendly). If Rocksteady and Bebop were in it, it would have still been a less dark less violent movie, so it wouldn't have been any better.

Mondo_Gecko
12-06-2002, 11:19 AM
Well i don't think there were too many kids going after the first one "Gee it should have been more dark and gritty" Kids loved it because it was a movie of the fav cartoon and kids wanted Bebop & Rocksteady & Krang cuz it was on the show. And they should have had them.
So yes for Adults yes it was too kid friendly and maybe looking back on it now you think its a kid movie but thats what it was supposed to be.

raphael90
12-06-2002, 11:24 AM
To me, I will always remember the cartoon as the theme I like of the Turtles.
Krang, Shredder, Bebop, Baxter, Rocksteady, the Turtles, Splinter, April, Irma...they're all characters that made the cartoon.

The only reason I like the movies are because of the Turtles...the whole fact that not alot of the familiar characters from the cartoon weren't in them is not to my liking.

But hey, what can I say? It's all Turtles....it's good :D

Mondo_Gecko
12-06-2002, 11:26 AM
Yeah The Turtle Cartoon will always be the Original for me.

Jephael
12-06-2002, 11:28 AM
I was kinda bummed that the characters from the show weren't in it, but I still liked the movie.

BTW, was it just me or did Professor Perry remind people of the cartoon's pre-mutated Baxter Stockman?

HorseTechie
12-06-2002, 11:32 AM
You know, it really never botherd me much that they didn't have Casey in TMNT2. Oh course, Keno's role did well filling that hole, me thinks. :wink:

SInce I;m not that big of a cartoon fan, I wasn't bothered by Tokka & Razhar either. No... what reeeeeally irkeded me is that they had Vanilla Ice. Bleh! Then I got ahold of the TMNT2 script, and read that they originally had a black female rapper (Ya Kid K/Technotronic) to be the nightclub band. *pout* I like Technotronic... and I still do!

Actually, the actor who played Casey didn't want a role in TNMT2, it had nothing to do with Violence and kids. Sorry Karpo. I read a interview with him, YEARS and years ago when the movie was coming out.

Yah... I agree with ya there, Newton. *swipes Elias Koteas stas from IMDB* As you can see, after TMNT1, he became a pretty busy actor!

Stander (2003)
Rosy-Fingered Dawn: a Film on Terrence Malick (2002) .... Himself
S1m0ne (2002)(uncredited) .... Hank
Ararat (2002) .... Ali/Jevdet Bey
Collateral Damage (2002) .... Brandt
Shot in the Heart (2001) (TV) .... Gary Gilmore
Novocaine (2001) .... Harlan Sangster
Lost Souls (2000) .... Father Townsend
Harrison's Flowers (2000) .... Yeager Pollack
... aka Fleurs d'Harrison, Les (2001) (France: subtitle)
Dancing at the Blue Iguana (2000) .... Sully
Divorce: A Contemporary Western (1998) .... Matt
Thin Red Line, The (1998) .... Captain James 'Bugger' Staros
Living Out Loud (1998) .... The Kisser
Fallen (1998) .... Edgar Reese
Gattaca (1997) .... Antonio Freeman
Hit Me (1996) .... Sonny
Crash (1996) .... Vaughan ... aka Crash (1996) (France)
Power of Attorney (1995) .... Paul Dellacroce
Sugartime (1995) (TV) .... Butch Blasi
Prophecy, The (1995) .... Thomas Daggett
... aka God's Army (1995) (Europe: English title)
Camilla (1994) .... Vincent Lopez
Exotica (1994) .... Eric
Cyborg 2 (1993) .... Colson 'Colt' Ricks
... aka Cyborg 2: Glass Shadow (1993)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993) .... Casey Jones/Whit
Chain of Desire (1992) .... Jesus
Contact (1992) .... Mohannan
Habitation of Dragons, The (1992) (TV) .... Wally Smith
Adjuster, The (1991) .... Noah Render
Backstreet Dreams (1990) .... Wizard
... aka Backstreet Strays (1990)
Almost an Angel (1990) .... Steve Garner
Look Who's Talking Too (1990) .... Stuart
Desperate Hours (1990) .... Wally Bosworth
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1990) .... Casey Jones

Mondo_Gecko
12-06-2002, 11:34 AM
Yeah i think that's what i thought too when i first saw him.

raphael90
12-06-2002, 11:46 AM
Yeah, it never really bothered me that Casey wasn't in it...or even the fact that April was a different actor. I prefer the first one anyway. But back then I didn't care and now I don't really either. They are classics to me probably forever.

Karpo_007
12-06-2002, 12:05 PM
Well i don't think there were too many kids going after the first one "Gee it should have been more dark and gritty" Kids loved it because it was a movie of the fav cartoon and kids wanted Bebop & Rocksteady & Krang cuz it was on the show. And they should have had them.
So yes for Adults yes it was too kid friendly and maybe looking back on it now you think its a kid movie but thats what it was supposed to be.

Kids wasn't the only audience. If they were, it wouldn't have been a hit as it was.

Deathknight
12-06-2002, 12:53 PM
Yes but it's the children's parents that made it that way, this way they thought they'd shut them up and still entertain the kiddy audience of tmnt.

Shellfox
12-06-2002, 01:39 PM
Yeah, it never really bothered me that Casey wasn't in it...or even the fact that April was a different actor. I prefer the first one anyway. But back then I didn't care and now I don't really either. They are classics to me probably forever.

Humans are interchanable in these movies, but if the guys were the wrong color there'd be hell to pay.

Again was the blazes was Vanilla Ice in the Movie?

MzTheInsomniac
12-06-2002, 02:04 PM
dont forget that guy is in one of the law and order shows now

BigThew
12-06-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Ninja Turtles Cartoon Fan:

as much as i regret it..It was probably my favorite turtles movie

Karpo_007
12-06-2002, 03:04 PM
Makes sense, it was the most cartoony of them.

BigThew
12-06-2002, 03:18 PM
what can i say...i loved the cartoon :lol:

Mondo_Gecko
12-06-2002, 05:14 PM
Right back at you BigThew the cart oon was the greatest cartoon EVER

Aztec General
12-06-2002, 05:14 PM

He also was on the Sopranos a couple of weeks ago. He was the counselor during Christopher's intervention. Which was probably one of the greatest scenes of the season!

MzTheInsomniac
12-06-2002, 08:26 PM
lol hes bald too

HorseTechie
12-07-2002, 02:15 PM

He also was on the Sopranos a couple of weeks ago. He was the counselor during Christopher's intervention. Which was probably one of the greatest scenes of the season!

...which? Elias Koteas (casey) or the guy who was Raph's human n voice actor in TMNT1?

MzTheInsomniac
12-07-2002, 02:39 PM
"casey"

Aztec General
12-07-2002, 03:14 PM

...which? Elias Koteas (casey) or the guy who was Raph's human n voice actor in TMNT1?

I'm refering to Elias Koeteas (Casey Jones). He actually makes appearances in a lot of movies. Most recently Thin Red Line, Gattaca, and Fallen.

Karpo_007
12-07-2002, 04:57 PM
He had a role in colletral damgae.

Duke
12-08-2002, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by Mondo_Gecko:

I agree 100% Mondo_Geko but I prefer to say the cartoon is the greatest cartoon ever

MzTheInsomniac
12-08-2002, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by Mondo_Gecko:

I agree 100% Mondo_Geko but I prefer to say the cartoon is the greatest cartoon ever

it wasn't that great

Greed
12-08-2002, 12:42 PM
Yeah but it wasn't that bad either

Deathknight
12-08-2002, 12:46 PM
Cartoon will always be my favorite... I read the 1st comic, it was good but I just like the cartoon's style of comedy and maybe some action best. I could always count on getting a good laugh from Shredder and company.

Karpo_007
12-08-2002, 12:47 PM
Yeah the show has it's good moments. Few good joke here and there too. Still I can clearly se that it is made for an olde audience. Still the First season never gets old in my book.

MzTheInsomniac
12-08-2002, 12:48 PM
the cartoon gave everyone a wrong impression of shredder as a whiney crybaby(is that an oxymoron)?

Karpo_007
12-08-2002, 12:49 PM
Well you shouldn't really mix the Two Universes. One is for Kids other is for older people. Each works for it's own target audience.

SeaThreePeeO
12-08-2002, 12:52 PM
the cartoon gave everyone a wrong impression of shredder as a whiney crybaby(is that an oxymoron)?

I don't think Whiney Crybaby is an Oxymoron. :-? A real live ghost and to be beside yourself are. Even my yahoo Id is an Oxymoron Bushidoninja :)

MzTheInsomniac
12-08-2002, 12:53 PM
i personally like the comics

Duke
12-08-2002, 12:59 PM
Cartoon will always be my favorite... I read the 1st comic, it was good but I just like the cartoon's style of comedy and maybe some action best. I could always count on getting a good laugh from Shredder and company.

Amen to that Deathknight

Mondo_Gecko
12-08-2002, 02:04 PM
The Cartoon is what i grew up with, and even though Mirage came first the Cartoon will always be the Real TMNT for me. I loved everything about the cartoon and always will.

BigThew
12-08-2002, 02:05 PM
exactally my thoughts mondo

Nickokapo
12-08-2002, 04:14 PM
Ditto!

Coligeon
12-08-2002, 04:49 PM
Do you think the cartoon will ever be released on DVD...or a collection of episodes anyway? I'll see a few of teh old VHS tapes floating around, but collecting those through Ebay would get to be a hassle. I've seen a guy on Ebay selling something that only works on computers, but he has all the episodes on it.

Zenrick
12-08-2002, 05:07 PM
it wasn't that great

Who ARE you!?!? The cartoon wasnt great? If you dont care for the cartoon, than you shouldnt be posting, sure the comics are good and I accept that they are relevant and good in creating the TMNT universe. But to say that the cartoon wasnt great? hmmmmm, sounds like a HETHEN!

Karpo_007
12-08-2002, 05:08 PM
The first season was great, others weren't so spceial.

Zenrick
12-08-2002, 05:30 PM
The first season was great, others weren't so spceial.

They were all great to me *tear in eye* And nothing can take that away!!!! *crying* ;) Just to say that they werent that great is beyond me, I dont get it. Maybe some people are starting to like the backstreet boys too much here? I dunno......we cant be softies when it comes to our ninja turtles, we must FIGHT to get their DVDs made!!! "Who's with me!?!?" *listens to crickets in background* Ok, so its a bad idea, just forget it. I still am a firm believer that Ninja Turtles and DUmb and DUmber are the greatest thing in the world.......

Nickokapo
12-08-2002, 05:37 PM
The cartoon was great...period :P maybe i didnt liked the last seasons all that much but i still liked em...i dont care what anyone else thinks, it is my fave toon.
Do you think the cartoon will ever be released on DVD...or a collection of episodes anyway? I'll see a few of teh old VHS tapes floating around, but collecting those through Ebay would get to be a hassle. I've seen a guy on Ebay selling something that only works on computers, but he has all the episodes on it.
I don't think so, honestly...tho there are already some toon dvds out they're in swedish...well if they get released then good but i dunno.
Perhaps with the release of the dvds in sweden they will be released in the usa aswell...tho its usually the other way around so im not so sure about that.
What you saw in ebay was the divx set, you can only see em in your pc...unless ofcourse you have a tv out, in that case you can see em in yer tv without having to convert em to vcd or whatever.
In case you dont have a card with tv out you can convert your divx to mpgs and watch em in your dvd player if you burn em to vcds but that's a bit more complicated...well not really but i havent tried it anyways since i dont have a dvd player :P

Mondo_Gecko
12-08-2002, 06:38 PM
Yeah i like all the seasons except for the latter ones where the turles change and the skies get dark. Makes me think of Judgement Day Turtles.

Shellfox
12-08-2002, 06:47 PM
Thought the last seaon was one of the best from a crative stand point, they took a radically diffrent approch, and while it was great, it did stand out. That and I love the suit Dreeg ahd that let him suck up those other 5 guys and tack their abillities

Nickokapo
12-08-2002, 06:50 PM
I did liked some of the episodes...like when the turtles got in the cyber suits...that was excellent :evilgrin: i love giant robots! (not all the giant robots tho :P ) but that ep was cool.
That's one of the only eps from the later seasons i saw tho...
Oh and april's car, i liked her car!

Karpo_007
12-09-2002, 01:42 AM
The last seasons are wrote by David wise and Have better animation & real fight scenes. I sure I will like it. Few eps to go with 7 seventh season still, and that's no a bad season either. Most of thse eps are wrtitten by David Wise and the TMNT actually fight.