PDA

View Full Version : My prolonged leave of absense...

damnhooligan
09-16-2005, 08:11 AM
I wasn't sure whether or not to put this in the Cafe or not, because honestly, it's like 50% explanation, 50% bitching and moaning.

Well, personal appearances by yours truly will be pretty sparse, if not non-existent for a couple'a months. As of the 29th of this month, I will be saying my final goodbyes to Europe and flying back to the states, Georgia in particular. There's a fair lot of mixed emotions there, but on the whole, I'm glad to be coming back.

Tensions are running high. It's been a non-stop squabble fest between my husband and I, because there's so much to do and no time to do it in. Monday is a housing pre-inspection. Tuesday/Wednesday, the movers pack up all my sh*t and sling it onto a truck, where I won't see it for several months to come. Thursday/Friday, cleaning and painting until I drop. The following Monday is the housing final inspection. Then I've got a couple of days to piss away and soak up as much German beer and spirits as my liver will allow, then fly away into the sunset. And between now and then, I've got to sell a car. Christ.

Not to mention I'm still dealing with my wrecked Mini Cooper S that's still in Italy, unrepaired almost a full month later, because our insurance company are lazy bastards who only just did their inspection yesterday. At this point, I don't expect to see that car until the beginning of next year, because I'll have to fly down there to Rome and drive the car to one of the US Navy installations in Naples, to have them ship the car over to the states.

Once stateside, then starts the fun of buying a new car, buying furniture and other household crap, buying my first house and all the paperwork that's involved. I'm absolutely overwhelmed at this point, and I have no idea how I'm going to get this all done. F*ck. PCSing has never sucked this hard before.

So, see ya, kiddos. Don't have too much fun while I'm gone.

Machias Banshee
09-16-2005, 08:16 AM
Anything's welcomed in the Cafe.. ;)

Damn girl! You hang in there.. Its gonna be quiet without you around. :(

We'll have to do a siggy vigil for ya... good luck with everything!

09-16-2005, 09:52 AM
I <3 you, damnhooligan. Please come back soon! :(

Ryona
09-16-2005, 10:07 AM
I hope everything goes swimmingly well and I wish the best of luck to you and your husband.

This place and the chatroom are certainly going to be less delightful without your charming wit. :(

We'll see you on the other side, soldier. *salutes* :cry:

The Stryker
09-16-2005, 10:19 AM
Peace be wit you DH.

Anarky
09-16-2005, 10:28 AM
You're leaving? Awww... shucks. Come on, you still owe me a lot of Mary Sue stories and stuff.

But I guess it can't be helped... I wish you all the best and I hope to see you soon. Don't let it get to you too much.

Take care.

Barkworm
09-16-2005, 11:00 AM
I <3 you, damnhooligan. Please come back soon! :(
What he said... :cry:
We should have a DH fanclub.

Peanut
09-16-2005, 11:45 AM
What he said... :cry:
We should have a DH fanclub.

True that.

Looks like you have your plate pretty full, DH. Come back to us as soon as you can!

GK Punk
09-16-2005, 07:22 PM
this place won't be nearley as amusing with out you here...

Sewer Bull
09-17-2005, 12:16 AM
Long live comrade DH, long live...

... and come back fast :ohwell:

ThirdMarioBro
09-17-2005, 03:10 AM
Yeah, we need a DH fanclub. :)

Come back whenever real life allows. I'll still wasting mine online :D

Dane E5R
09-17-2005, 07:19 AM
DH fanclub? ..Where do I sign up?

Anarky
09-17-2005, 08:21 AM
Yeah, a DH fanclub! I'm in. :D

Dr. Doom
09-17-2005, 06:41 PM
We all wish you good luck and a speedy return to some form of normalcy.