PDA

View Full Version : We're Back!

Krang
10-16-2005, 03:18 AM
After nearly three weeks of downtime, the forums are finally back up for good. So, what happened? Basically, we began receiving reports of a virus in mid-September when people visited the site. After doing some testing and finally confirming this myself, I shut the site down to prevent the virus from spreading while I contacted our host to get it corrected. After the problem was passed onto the server admins, did they attempt to help us remove the virus? No, they assumed I was making it up and refused to do anything. After several days of trying to convince them, I came up with unmistakable proof that the virus was a server-wide issue, meaning that they should be responsible for removing it. Finally, they acknowledged the problem and claimed that they were working on it. But after several days of not hearing anything from them, I decided enough was enough and signed up with a new host, which is where we are now. No, this site was not hacked in any way, the virus just found its way onto the server through someone else's hosting account and spread throughout the entire server. We are on a new server with a new host now, so the virus is gone completely and there is no longer any need for concern.

Besides the fact that we are now with a more reliable host, another good aspect of this move is that the forums are now on their own subdomain and on a separate server from the main site. This means that if one of the two goes down for any reason, you can still visit the other for updates on the situation. This also takes care of the bandwidth problems that affected us earlier. Also, old links to the forums will still work, since I have redirected them to the new subdomain.

As for the site itself, there is still some work that needs to be done, so it will be a little while longer before it is fully functional again. As you can see, though, several parts are already up and running, and others will follow soon. I'll keep this post updated with the latest news about the status of the site. In the meantime, our news reporters can feel free to resume their posting to keep you updated with the latest TMNT news.

Welcome back, and hopefully this server move will be the last one for a long time. :)

Barkworm
10-18-2005, 03:51 AM
No more bandwidth problems? SWEET! Thanks for everything Krang!

hazlov2004
10-18-2005, 05:21 AM
yes thank you krang

Jo269976
10-18-2005, 06:35 AM
Yay!! finally i checked every day to see, and i was dissapointed now i'm happy! :lol:

10-18-2005, 07:04 AM
Oh, it's so good to be back. You're the man, Krang. Thanks for all of your hard work.

Barkworm
10-18-2005, 07:20 AM
Run for your lives, it's Zaraki Kenpachi!!!

10-18-2005, 07:27 AM
A killing match, huh?! Good sh*t!

Silent FOx
10-18-2005, 07:47 AM
Good Jorb Krang, thanks for getting it taken care of :D

Dane E5R
10-18-2005, 08:31 AM
What a wonderful surprise this was first thing in the morning. Good stuff, Krang.

Buslady
10-18-2005, 09:45 AM
Woohoo! *dances*

Kali
10-18-2005, 09:56 AM
Yay! Oooh, new buttons! *starts pressing buttons*

Mecha Cow
10-18-2005, 09:57 AM
Good to have to place back, I'm glad the whole virus thing has been settled.

My lazy self misses Fast Reply though. :P

Sewer Bull
10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
Yeah. I can help thinking the layout was a bit darker before. Well, probably it's just my brain:|

Anyway - Yai and Big Hooray for Krang-sama!:D

manny
10-18-2005, 10:00 AM
cool welcome back to the forums world. dont leave again:D

Barkworm
10-18-2005, 10:04 AM
Good to have to place back, I'm glad the whole virus thing has been settled.

My lazy self misses Fast Reply though. :P
Huh? It's still there!:-?

Mecha Cow
10-18-2005, 10:05 AM
It is? It's not showing up here. o_O

*E* Ah, you're right! I missed 'Quick Reply' at the bottom. Man, I sure am light-headed today... x_X

Cerpin Taxt
10-18-2005, 10:08 AM
Super sweet, Krang.

Thanks for all the work

Anarky
10-18-2005, 10:12 AM
Hooray, thanks for the hard work, Krang. It is really appreciated.

Sage Ninja
10-18-2005, 11:46 AM
is there a way Krang to have some of the threads that where on the sister message board put up on this board? There where a few threads that had disscussions that where still active.

Machias Banshee
10-18-2005, 12:04 PM
What a great thing to come to... :D

*showers the thread with :mango:'s*

Doppleganger
10-18-2005, 12:08 PM
Woohoo! Thanks Krang! :D

Shreddette
10-18-2005, 12:44 PM
Yaay, thanks Krang!

Ryona
10-18-2005, 12:53 PM
*grabs one of Machi's mangos* Mmmm! ^_^

I'm so glad to see this place up and running again. And it's even better than before! Superb news, Krang. You're the best! ^_^

Masked Ninja
10-18-2005, 01:24 PM
Yessss! Thanks a bunch Krang... we all appreciate your work!

The Stryker
10-18-2005, 01:31 PM
With all these new buttons and stuff Strykamania will run wild at an even more buttony speed!!

BAAH!! :p

Thanks Krang, you make coffee nervous with your destrucity

zkarlette
10-18-2005, 02:24 PM
Finally I can breath again :P Thanks Krang you did an awesome job, Im so happy:D

KROW
10-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Awesome, Krang. :)

For a minute, though, I was worried that I wouldn't be able to make yellow font, but all is well. :embarass:

Sewer Bull
10-18-2005, 02:32 PM
Finally I can breath again :P Thanks Krang you did an awesome job, Im so happy:D

3 weeks without a single breath? Girl, you surely love the Drome:roll:

Weapon X
10-18-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't know what to say that hasn't already been said, but thanks a lot for getting this place back up Krang, and with some new stuff even.

zkarlette
10-18-2005, 02:54 PM
Let me tell you being postfree isn't healthy

OA
10-18-2005, 03:13 PM
Woohoo!!!! Great job Krang!! I soooo missed this place!

Nturtle
10-18-2005, 03:51 PM
Sweeeeeet!! Thanks so much Krang! *munches a mango*

New news posts will be comin' soon...

Machias Banshee
10-18-2005, 04:09 PM
shweet! *munches a mango*

I'd just like to say thanks to those who helped give information to Help track down this Trojan problem. If people hadn't spoken up, who knows how long this could have lasted...

Jester
10-18-2005, 04:12 PM
*clicks his ruby slippers heels together* Why are you all staring at me like that?

Jo Dawn
10-18-2005, 05:59 PM
Ahhh, thank you so much, Krang! You rule! :D :D

XERO
10-18-2005, 09:25 PM
And so... the shift of the world is correct once again... thanks to you, Krang.

Forever you rock. Thank you. 8)

*bows*

Type 97 Chi-ha
10-18-2005, 10:37 PM
What a wonderful surprise to see the forums back in action! I missed all of you! Thank you so much, Krang!:D :D :D :D :D :D

Krang
10-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Yeah. I can help thinking the layout was a bit darker before. Well, probably it's just my brain:|
Nope, the colors are all the same as before. :)

is there a way Krang to have some of the threads that where on the sister message board put up on this board? There where a few threads that had disscussions that where still active.
It would be if I could get an SQL backup from Invisionfree, but unfortunately, they don't offer that. I guess the best we can do is start them again over here...

shweet! *munches a mango*

I'd just like to say thanks to those who helped give information to Help track down this Trojan problem. If people hadn't spoken up, who knows how long this could have lasted...
Absolutely. Those of you who reported your findings helped me narrow down the possibilities and pinpoint the location of the virus. Thanks for your help!

The Lone Turtle
10-19-2005, 01:41 AM
Nice work Krang :) You did a great job!

GK Punk
10-19-2005, 02:18 AM
Thanks tons for all the work, Krang :D

starry
10-19-2005, 05:05 AM
Thanks for being so dedicated, Krang! And it's nice to see everyone back, too. :D There was such a huge, Technodrome-sized hole in the internet!

TMNT 100
10-19-2005, 04:03 PM
It's good to see the Technodrome up and running again. Nice job Krang :D

Ra
10-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Woot! Woot! *dances*

Go Krang!
Go Krang!
You da Drome man!
You da Drome man!
You da guy we all LOVE! :D

Once again, Krang has helped out the Technodrome in it's moment of dire need. Well done Krang, and happy to see the 'drome up again :)

Duke
10-19-2005, 09:18 PM
Thanks for all your work Krang and for getting the drome back.

ThirdMarioBro
10-20-2005, 01:29 AM
You kick every kind of ass imaginable Krang. :)

tOkKa
10-20-2005, 07:29 AM
-->> WB,Krang.. glad you'r all fixed up ..what a releif !!

http://www.thegremlin.com/LIMITED.EDITIONS/19678le.JPG

WB,Krang..

warner bros..
warner bros ..

!!

Jephael
10-20-2005, 12:08 PM
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!

Because of what happened, I lost touch with Slayer who I was gonna buy a Slash action figure from, and now it looks like he sold it. Oh well, I can still get one from this other dude, but I just wanted to let you guys know how upset I am!!!

Machias Banshee
10-20-2005, 12:17 PM
Sorry our server infection was an inconvenience to you... :sweatdro:

Whitewolf89
10-20-2005, 01:02 PM
YAY!!! The Drome is back!!! Well done, Krang! You deserve both a peach (from me!) AND a mango (from whoever) for doing such and excellent job, and getting it back up and running! :D :D :D *does happy dance, then pounces/glomps/huggles Krang for doing such a terrific job so quickly*:D :D :D

And WAS it down three weeks? For real?! Sure didn't SEEM like it was down THAT long! You really were on TOP of it then, my bro! Heh. The altrnate Drome forums are fune when we have to use them, but I just LOVE this place!!! Once again, THANK you SO much for a job well done! Especially since the forum's and site's OLD hosts were being such stubborn buttinskis!!! A MEGA-Boo! to them for NOT listening to you!!!! ESPECIALLY once they found out that you WERE right, and THEY were way-wrong!!!

Long may you and the Drome reign, Krang!!! You are THE best!!!

Peace.

Tinuvielsdreams
10-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Mega huggles for getting this fabulous site running again. I was dying not being able to talk about the last few eps and the release on Oct. 4th. All is better now Thank you! :D

Mars-Chan
10-20-2005, 10:40 PM
Krang, thanks so much for fixing the boards. I'm sure we cannot express how happy we are in that the board is back up and running.

Thank you. *bow*

Krang
10-21-2005, 12:54 AM
I AM SO MAD RIGHT NOW!!!

Because of what happened, I lost touch with Slayer who I was gonna buy a Slash action figure from, and now it looks like he sold it. Oh well, I can still get one from this other dude, but I just wanted to let you guys know how upset I am!!!
Sorry to hear that, but if it were up to me, the forums would only be down for a few days. If you're unhappy with the fact that they were down for three weeks instead, please direct your complaints to our old host (http://www.vshosting.net/), since they failed to closely monitor their own servers to prevent this from happening and barely lifted a finger once made aware of the virus.