PDA

View Full Version : I got VOL 3

TMNT4787
12-05-2005, 07:10 AM
I work at BestBUy and I was able to purchase the VOL 3 of the turtles yesterday before the release date. Don't tell anyone though. This time Lions Gate shows some features on up comming movies. A new inspecter gadget CGI that looks awsome. Anyway the main page on the DVD is awsome. It plays the TMNT song with the four turtles standing around a sewer cover. When you hit play or go to scene selection you here the turtles say Cowabunga. It was well done. The only thing is the box art and the turtles on the selection screne need to be the classic turtles and not the new ones.

Sewer Bull
12-05-2005, 07:19 AM
I work at BestBUy and I was able to purchase the VOL 3 of the turtles yesterday before the release date. Don't tell anyone though.

:lol:

My lord, that was awesome - especially the second phrase :)

To stay on-topic... Err... got screen caps of the main page?

TMNT4787
12-05-2005, 07:27 AM
:lol:

My lord, that was awesome - especially the second phrase :)

To stay on-topic... Err... got screen caps of the main page?

I will work on it and get them out later. I got work untill 5 pm eastern time.

NinjaTurtlesFan
12-05-2005, 02:19 PM
Why are there only 12 episodes on this dvd while there are 46 episodes made in season 3?

aramconbrat
12-05-2005, 02:30 PM
Why are there only 12 episodes on this dvd while there are 46 episodes made in season 3?

Because they can make more money that way... And keeping with the single disc release I suppose...

NinjaTurtlesFan
12-05-2005, 02:49 PM
Because they can make more money that way... And keeping with the single disc release I suppose...

Yeah I think you're right.

I would like it more if they release a box for every season with 3, 4 or 5 discs. I like what they did with the Simpsons. I like those boxes for every season. TMNT deserve the same treatment.

Turtle Dove
12-05-2005, 04:25 PM
Ya mean the old show right? Cause O recently ordered all 3 of them Vol 1 2 and 3. Dang Target didn't have them...my dad went behind my mom's back and almost got me the TMNT Movie DVD set tell she caught him and whined. He put it back but winked at me saying,I'll take you later.

Weapon X
12-05-2005, 05:56 PM
Well, I'll be picking this up tomorrow, first twelve episodes intact. And I hate how they use new toon poses and brown knee and arm bands, that's not OS Lions Gate, lets get with it here.

cowabunga14
12-05-2005, 06:14 PM
I dunno when I'll be gettin' this but it'll probably be before Christmas. I just hope if it gets reviewed on DVDuesday on Attack of the Show that Chris Gore'll at least give it a buy. If isn't reviewed, then I'll buy it anyways. I'll either buy this with my Christmas money or the money I have left over from a check I got in the mail.

sdp
12-05-2005, 06:45 PM
it's only 10$ so not a whole lot,

the extras seem kind of lame but atleast we're making slow progress and the menus are a little bit more animated, hopefully we see a trend in improving, even if by little and by the time we get vol. 8 they'll be great ;D

SlayerX
12-05-2005, 09:14 PM
Oh man, another DVD ill have to order from eBay :( !

Does anyone think they can pick it up for me? :D I can pay via money order, or pay via paypal after christmas, and ill pay shipping/handling and all.

Thanks

Turtle Dove
12-05-2005, 10:31 PM

Does anyone think they can pick it up for me? :D I can pay via money order, or pay via paypal after christmas, and ill pay shipping/handling and all.

Thanks

Sure why not :-) Drop me a PM

darthsmozers
12-06-2005, 03:05 PM
I hit Best Buy, Circuit City, and Wal-mart....nothing! Of course, the Best Buy gal couldn't look up inventory on the computer worth a darn, so there are probably copies sitting in the stockroom somewhere...:(

Jed
12-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Don't Best Buy always release stuff early? I got Shredder's Final Countdown a good two weeks before the release date.

Head Spinnin' Bebop
12-06-2005, 07:35 PM

Thanks
You could try HMV. Since their site sells it, they may be able to order you a copy and you can just pick it up in-store when it arrives and they'll call you. You never know.

Wierd how we got Volume 1 and then 2 & 3 never came. Wonder why, unless stores just aren't ordering? I got mine off amazon.

zkarlette
12-06-2005, 08:24 PM
You guys are lucky I havent found it yet but I guess it was the first day today:ohwell:

TheShowstoppa
12-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I work at BestBUy and I was able to purchase the VOL 3 of the turtles yesterday before the release date. Don't tell anyone though.

Yeah, you really don't have to worry about anyone telling, you told on yourself. Your loss prevention can track that stuff. Especially if you used your discount. I know this because I work L.P.

As for Best Buy releasing things early... It depends on the distributer. Basically, if it's a big name movie, no, it won't be released early. Something like a single-disk TMNT DVD might get released early... But I don't know about Lions Gate Films. 4Kids obviously doesn't care, because they continue to do it.

I picked up my DVD last night at 3 am (I had to work 2nd shift today) from wal-mart. They had plenty, however, it took 3 stores for me to find what I wanted. All you have to do is search around. The DVD was 9.68 or something of that nature. I also picked up Batman Vol. 4, being as that I already have the first 3! (Lions Gate Films and Fred Wolf need to take the initiative and get the rest of these out in multiple disks.)

X
12-06-2005, 10:33 PM
If not in multiple disc sets, then at least more volumes per year...

-X-

DrSpengler
12-07-2005, 08:48 AM
Got mine yesterday, but I've only watched a couple episodes so far.

Enter the Rat King was great. Liked the bit where the Rat King tapes a note to April's closet.

Weapon X
12-07-2005, 01:36 PM
Got mine yesterday too, watched em all last night, I April's Fool was a joy to watch again, I remember having it on the BK VHS, plus it's one of the better ones out of the twelve, 50 Foot Irma, was not that good. :P

Sewer Bull
12-07-2005, 01:50 PM
April's Fool is such a great episode.

Could you post screen caps of the main page, Weapon?

Weapon X
12-07-2005, 01:57 PM
http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/4382/mainmenu7kt.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8353/episodeselection1fq.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8345/episodeselectionpg12oe.jpg

Sewer Bull
12-07-2005, 02:24 PM
Thanks a lot, Weapon! :D

Geez... why... just... why? They just look like fan-art to me. :ohwell:

Peanut
12-07-2005, 02:48 PM
I wonder why I still haven't seen the second volume in Canada yet. :(

aramconbrat
12-07-2005, 02:52 PM

I don't think anyone ordered it in Canada... When the first season came out, Walmart only had the VHS but I found it at Chapters that day. I have also seen season one in the music stores like Music World and HMV but never seen the next two (and I'm looking for the new disc)..

I don't know why no one orders it. I phoned Best Buy, Walmart, Zellers, HMV, Future Shop, etc and they had no record of it... Guess it'll be another amazon.ca order!

aramconbrat
12-07-2005, 02:54 PM

Ahhhhh! Those don't look ANYTHING like our beloved 1980-1990s turtles, and they don't even resemble the new show...

I mean, I would understand if it was a mix of the old and the new (wouldn't love it, but would understand) but this artwork is atrocious... It is like the artist was like "I want to take them in a different direction." I figured the art would just get better but Season 1 is the only season that seemed true to form...

And the neon colored backround of the disc boxes... Man, who comes up with this stuff?

zkarlette
12-07-2005, 06:32 PM
I think that anybody here could have mada a better cover :ohwell:

It makes no sense to have that style of turtles on the cover

Shreddette
12-08-2005, 12:17 AM
I ordered it online on Amazon today. Thought I did it earlier but I guess I refrained as it didn't show up.

Yey I am getting it sooooon! :evilgrin:

I think that anybody here could have mada a better cover :ohwell:

It makes no sense to have that style of turtles on the cover

Yeah... is kinda disappointing and doens't represent.
Ah well, the contents matter most!

sdp
12-08-2005, 07:22 AM
it is a combination of the new style with the old style, those are new style stock art drawn "old style".

I like the bright color cheesy covers since it resembles the old toon VHS's but hopefully we can get some better looking sets, the novelty is starting to wear off.

btw anyone from canada i'll buy the dvds for you, you'd just have to pay for the dvd and shipping :)

Turtle Dove
12-08-2005, 09:11 AM
I got mine of of Overstock.com for 9.00 dollors,some users are selling it for 8.00 but with taxs and Shipping and handlng your better off with an online service that does 1.00 shipping or free shipping

BigApple3AM
12-08-2005, 09:49 PM
Sky turtles is one of my all time favorite episodes (thanks to the bk vhs). In fact the majority of my favorite episodes are from season 3. My life will be complete when the great boldini, cowabunga shredhead, and super bebop and mighty rocksteady are finally released on dvd.

To the cover art thing: I wouldn't mind if they just used the old vhs art (in fact I would prefer that). Most of the art on those vhs tapes was really awesome. I'm glad I kept all my tapes.

Chef Boyarquoa
12-09-2005, 07:26 AM
im definitly gonna pick this up soon. i still have all the BK VHS, Cowabunga Shredhead/New York's Shiniest VHS, Turtle Tracks/Enter the Shredder VHS, Turtles VS Rhinoman VHS, 4 Musket-turtles VHS and they all still work perfectly:D ! The only ones that r broken are Shredder Is Splintered/Return of the Shrdder VHS and Super Rocksteady and Mighty Bebop VHS:evil: . i will be so glad when i get vol 3 DVD

Turtle Dove
12-09-2005, 09:38 AM
ok...did anyone look at the back on DVD 1?

One! Live by the code of the martial arts Two! Never fight unless someone else starts....

this wasn't said in the old show but on the new show theme song:-? Did I miss something

deafcat
12-09-2005, 09:45 AM
Yeah, I thought that was funny how they put the countdown in the new show's song on the back of a classic DVD cover.

I finally ordered a copy of Volume three. :D Those episodes are more of what I remember than the other two seasons.

Unfortunately it's from Amazon.ca, and it's on a 10-14 day wait time, with shipping date at the earliest on the 20th. It saids I won't get it before Christmas:( It's not available anywhere else here apparently.

Though I have had orders arrive the next day after they were shipped even with the slowest shipping speed possible so maybe I will get it before Christmas:evilgrin:

cowabunga14
12-09-2005, 06:01 PM
I'll probably go to Best Buy tomorrow to get volume three. The price is around ten dollars, right? I just hope they have it so I won't have to get it some other time.

Tinuvielsdreams
12-10-2005, 10:18 AM
Yeah, I thought that was funny how they put the countdown in the new show's song on the back of a classic DVD cover.

I finally ordered a copy of Volume three. :D Those episodes are more of what I remember than the other two seasons.

Unfortunately it's from Amazon.ca, and it's on a 10-14 day wait time, with shipping date at the earliest on the 20th. It saids I won't get it before Christmas:( It's not available anywhere else here apparently.

Though I have had orders arrive the next day after they were shipped even with the slowest shipping speed possible so maybe I will get it before Christmas:evilgrin:

I have preordered from Amazon and I actually recieve the dvds on the same day the come out in the store. It almost always happens like that or only a day or two later. Preorders are the best way to go :D

tOkKa
12-10-2005, 10:47 AM
-->> I haven't watched mine yet.. is this technichally considered 'Season 2 Part 2' ?? :sick:

tOkKa
12-10-2005, 11:00 AM

-->> Peanut !! ?? Your name is 'Peanut' !! BAD A55 !!

THAT's THE BEST IN THE WORLD !! I LOVE PEANUT !! D4mm ..that's so cool !!
http://www.birdman.lastvigilante.com/peanut_smile1.jpg:D

lilonardo
12-10-2005, 11:16 AM
my copy of volume 3 is on order!

lilonardo
12-10-2005, 11:20 AM
animated menu screens? COOL!

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8353/episodeselection1fq.jpg

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/8345/episodeselectionpg12oe.jpg

aramconbrat
12-10-2005, 02:42 PM

Yeah.. I was going to do that, but HMV will order things for you usually so I got them to do it... I actually asked my sister in Toronto to order it because the HMV there is huge and gets things really fast... So mine has already arrived at her place.. Just have to pick it up

Gary
12-10-2005, 06:40 PM
I just got mine at Wal_mart for $9.44. Is there a relase date for the other part(s) of the season? I didn't know this was coming out until I saw the thread. I figured it'd come out in April like the last ones did.

zkarlette
12-10-2005, 07:51 PM
I finally found mine at Fry's electronics yesterday:D

cowabunga14
12-11-2005, 02:38 PM
It really sucks that Best Buy didn't have the DVD when I went there yesterday. I bumped into a friend of mine from church that works there. He told me that they were sold out of volume three and they had four or five of 'em at the time. I assume they'll restock by the end of this month.

deafcat
12-11-2005, 05:29 PM
My copy's not here yet, but it'll probably be here tommorow or Tuesday.

After seeing a charge on my credit card I went to check the order and its preparing to ship. :) It's 12 days earlier then the page said it would ship.:lol:

Hopefully it'll be here tommorow.

Edit: It will be here tommorow, even though its Sunday night, it's already been shipped!!!!

Duke
12-11-2005, 08:19 PM
I got my at walmart yesterday for $9.44. Good times.

TheKolkster
12-12-2005, 01:09 AM
I just got mine at Wal_mart for $9.44. Is there a relase date for the other part(s) of the season? I didn't know this was coming out until I saw the thread. I figured it'd come out in April like the last ones did.

Yeah, I thought it would be released in April also. Think about it though, if they kept releasing them in April, it would take ten years until they were all released on DVD. Maybe Volume 4 will be out this April.

Turtle Dove
12-12-2005, 09:36 AM
Yeah, I thought it would be released in April also. Think about it though, if they kept releasing them in April, it would take ten years until they were all released on DVD. Maybe Volume 4 will be out this April.

10 years?!! OMG.....Lt's release 4 or 4 a year instead:D

----------------------------------------------------------------

Is anyone listening to me?? I said try Overstock.com they got Vol 3 for 8-something and I got mine in 2 days when it was released

Please try not to double post. Thank you. -Mods

TheKolkster
12-12-2005, 03:57 PM
Is anyone listening to me?? I said try Overstock.com they got Vol 3 for 8-something and I got mine in 2 days when it was released

I already have mine, so... no :P

Turtle Dove
12-12-2005, 04:09 PM
I already have mine, so... no :P

Who asked you?:P I mean the others who've been posting and talking about this Vol 3

Weapon X
12-12-2005, 08:17 PM
Yeah, pretty sure he knows that, he was joking.....I hope.

Jo Dawn
12-12-2005, 08:22 PM
He was, heh.

Sage Ninja
12-13-2005, 01:37 PM
Heh, I posted this on TV.COM so i'm just gonna copy and paste it here 'cause I'm lazy...:D

man I got this vol the day before it was due because I work at Wal-Mart, and I just finnished watching this vol and man all I have to say is...This season kicked ass!!!8)

Seriously who ever thinks that the season three was the beginning of the end in this series is on crack!! Just these 12 episodes where so good and I enjoyed them very much. Most of them where quite fast paced and had rather good and entertaining plots. Most of the episdes where a prefect balance of action and humour:D . Each episode carried it self well and was well exicuted.

I was even rather supriced at picking up on some slight innuendo in the dialogue and jokes that completly flew passed me when I was younger:o :o ! Did any one else pick up on it too?

I was even empressed by the mild violence in it as well, My eyebrows rose up when in "Turtles on Trial" Michaelangelo got shot by a laser in the chest and skidded across the ground a good ten feet or so8) . The classic turtles didn't have its action filled moments my ass!!:P

I even enjoyed the episodes that I didn't particulary like when I was younger. I found even those where good and enterataining this time around and I appricaited it more:) . Like the Hamistine (spelling) Hamster where Donatello does this awful detective empression and narrates through most of the episode. I was pretty impressed this one which surpriced me because I louthed this episode when I was a kid...and now Its one of my favorites8) . Its also, I noted, the first time in the series where one of the turtles goes solo! And it went to Donatello:evilgrin: .

In fact the only weak episde in this pack in my personael oppinion was the "Big Macc" episode...it just really seemed more like a copy of the episode in the second season with the over protective robo cop.

I can't wait to see the episodes from this season!

Turtle Dove
12-13-2005, 06:27 PM
I was looking back @ Vol 1. the NEver before seen episodes....where they really Never before seen? I think I missed something when watching TMNT

Duke
12-13-2005, 06:31 PM
I was looking back @ Vol 1. the NEver before seen episodes....where they really Never before seen?Not really, they were part of the 10th season that aired on CBS. However, some stations didn't air them. But my local CBS aired them all back in the day.

Weapon X
12-13-2005, 07:26 PM
At first I thought "Hey maybe these are episodes I never saw", and then I remembered seeing them all back in '96 or '97.:P