PDA

View Full Version : Digimon Season 5 - Confirmed...for Real This Time!!!

BartAllen
01-24-2006, 04:05 AM
It's official! Sounds interesting to say the least. Glad they're going back to the Season 3 universe. That was the best. Now we just gotta wait a year to get it here. :P

http://forums.henshinjustice.com/showthread.php?t=5437

http://www.toei-anim.co.jp/tv/digimon_s/

ZariusTwo
01-24-2006, 11:00 AM
Tamers. YES!

Rukato 'shippers will be creaming...

DrSpengler
01-24-2006, 11:56 AM
More Renamon? Sure, why not.

I haven't gotten to see all of Tamers yet since Toon Disney can't seem to air it on a coherent schedule. One day it'll be Tamers, the next it'll be a season 1 or 2 episode or a Frontier episode.

Digimon isn't one of my favorite shows, but I'll watch it without any problems. I mostly like the voice acting (it's got the Cowboy Bebop cast!) and all the little jokes they throw into the dialogue when everybody's talking really fast.

ZariusTwo
01-24-2006, 12:06 PM
More Renamon? Sure, why not.

I haven't gotten to see all of Tamers yet since Toon Disney can't seem to air it on a coherent schedule. One day it'll be Tamers, the next it'll be a season 1 or 2 episode or a Frontier episode.

Digimon isn't one of my favorite shows, but I'll watch it without any problems. I mostly like the voice acting (it's got the Cowboy Bebop cast!) and all the little jokes they throw into the dialogue when everybody's talking really fast.

"Naked Gatomon":lol:

Tamers is thankfully just such a good series , that came around when Pokemon was JUST starting to suck, I'm not even sure if the producers knew or not that this season is still regarded as the best season of the show by the majority, its' appeared in the majority of the mangas, the movies were excellent and more cohearant than the previous 02 efforts. I think its' the fact it dared to have balls that put it above the fairly cartoonish earlier seasons (and dont' get me wrong, Digimon 01 is still a great series), it had more beleivable characters...and more reallistic themes, it did'nt give anyone what they wanted at times and ended on depressing sour notes more times than I could count. What they did to Jeri was gutsy stuff and I'm suprised they kept most of what happend in the dub without any editing.

Peanut
01-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Digimon f*ckin' rules. Unfortunately I haven't seen the majority of Tamers. Suckage.

Doppleganger
01-24-2006, 12:21 PM
All right I loved Tamers! I can't wait to see if they expand on what happened Jeri see the psychological effects. And maybe have Leomon be reborn again (nah probably not). But I'm just glad to hear they are going to be expanding on this little universe.

IceFlash78
01-24-2006, 01:27 PM
Sweet! This should be good.

Now we just gotta hope that this "sequel to the second continuity of the digimon multiverse" won't suck as the "sequel to the first continuity of the digimon multiverse" (Read, Digimon Adventure 02) :lol:

I never got to see much of Tamers, but from what I saw, it was pretty cool. I just hope that the new season won't be as weak as Digimon Adventure 02. That season would have been merely "okay" if not for the theme song which absolutely killed it, as did the first half which was filled with "moral forced into our throats" episodes.

I realize the theme song is basically the same as the first season, but the way they just BLASTED the words "DI DI DI DIGIMON" on my television screen made me cringe.

Enough ranting.... back to topic... I'm exicted about this! Is this going to appear on Toon Disney or something?

ZariusTwo
01-24-2006, 01:37 PM
Sweet! This should be good.

Now we just gotta hope that this "sequel to the second continuity of the digimon multiverse" won't suck as the "sequel to the first continuity of the digimon multiverse" (Read, Digimon Adventure 02) :lol:

I never got to see much of Tamers, but from what I saw, it was pretty cool. I just hope that the new season won't be as weak as Digimon Adventure 02. That season would have been merely "okay" if not for the theme song which absolutely killed it, as did the first half which was filled with "moral forced into our throats" episodes.

I realize the theme song is basically the same as the first season, but the way they just BLASTED the words "DI DI DI DIGIMON" on my television screen made me cringe.

Enough ranting.... back to topic... I'm exicted about this! Is this going to appear on Toon Disney or something?

I thought the Tamers version of the theme was badass, besides, they changed it when they dubbed Frotnier to sound like Pokemon had finally gotten to them (and technically, they did)

Peanut
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Has there ever been any kind of release for Digimon on DVD? I know you could get random episodes on VHS, but I've never seen a DVD. I wish I could see the first 2 seasons again, as well as finish season 3. I don't know where to "obtain" those either, unfortunately.

DrSpengler
01-24-2006, 01:46 PM
Has there ever been any kind of release for Digimon on DVD? I know you could get random episodes on VHS, but I've never seen a DVD. I wish I could see the first 2 seasons again, as well as finish season 3. I don't know where to "obtain" those either, unfortunately.

The first season and the movie were released on DVD several years ago, but they're long out of print in R1.

It was before Disney got the rights to the series, I believe. Now that Disney has the rights they'll probably rerelease the seasons in sets.

IceFlash78
01-24-2006, 03:17 PM
I thought the Tamers version of the theme was badass, besides, they changed it when they dubbed Frotnier to sound like Pokemon had finally gotten to them (and technically, they did)

Oh I agree.. I was ranting about the second Season, but the third season, although a few words were changed, the visual aspect of the theme music was really good.

Now, I don't remember much of the theme music, but I remember seeing the kids do Card Modify, and the way we saw the three main digimon and their evolutions (with the last one or two shrouded in shadow). That was cool. And I remember getting a chill in my spine when they (either in the show itself or during the theme song) had the D-device spell out EVOLUTION.

It was cool.

Although I have to admit that I really liked the Frontier Theme as well. This isn't an comment about the season itself (another time...) the theme was really cool imho, and I liked how we saw each Digidestined do their version of summoning their spirits with their d-tectors.

Anyways.. back to the topic...

Do you guys think this fifth season will focus on the same characters--Rika, Henry, etc... or will they be minor characters this time around, and the baton be passed onto say... their kids or the minor characters from Tamers?

Personally, it would be too wierd for this season NOT to focus on Jeri, Takuto, Henry, Rika, etc... It worked for 02 because we had Kari and TK, plus cameo appearances of the older digidestined, but this time I don't think the formula will work again.

hazlov2004
01-24-2006, 03:24 PM
yay digimon is back