PDA

View Full Version : PIMP-NEWS FROM ISSUE 7!! (SPOILERS)

heretic888
12-20-2002, 12:34 AM
I'm just gonna quote and let the men speak for themselves:

"We will probably at some point do collected reprints of the new series, but most likely not in color. There are no firm plans yet, though I can tell you we are planning second printings of issues 1 and 2 of the new TMNT series early next year." - Peter Laird

"We have signed a deal with Dreamwave to produce a color TMNT comic based on the new animated series." - Peter Laird

"Things continue to move along here in Turtleland. The writing of scripts for the first season of the new animated TMNT show has been going well, and the end is in sight... I think there are just about half a dozen scripts to complete. Just last night I reviewed the storyboards for the episode which adapts the 'Donatello' one-issue microseries, and I'm VERY psyched to see this one happen... if it's as good as the storyboards suggest, it's going to be extremely cool. And today I got the voice recordings for episode 14. I've been told by people in the know that I should see some animation... probably the intro sequence... next month." - Peter Laird

"I'm continuing to have a discussion with the guys here at Mirage about reviving the Tales of the TMNT book, and I think it's going to happen. We've talked about some possible story ideas which should be a lot of fun." - Peter Laird

"There is a licensing deal which is close to being finalized that I'd like to say more about, but probably shouldn't.... I will just say that it has to do with four wheels and makes a lot of noise. Watch this space!!" - Peter Laird

"Our good friends at Konami will be releasing the first new TMNT videogames around Christmas 2003. Konami's plan at the moment is to start the new TMNT videogame onslaught with both a PS2 and GBA release. Konami has their absolute top development team working on the new TMNT games, so they should be absolutely kick-ass. Can't wait to see the Turtles take advantage of all the power of the PS2. Rollout of TMNT games for additional platforms will take place in 2004, as well as sequels for PS2 and GBA." - Gary Richardson

"Two more TMNT products to get everyone talking about are trading cards from Fleer and a full-color, TV show universe-based comic series from Dreamwave Productions, the creative folks behind the licensed Transformers comics. We don't have any real creative info about these products yet, but both are expected to be ready for release this Spring of 2003." - Gary Richardson

**Please refrain from swearing in the thread title. It is not necessary. DR**

heretic888
12-20-2002, 12:38 AM
oh, by the way, it has also been verified that the TMNT konami games ARE based on the new animates series, as well......

Karpo_007
12-20-2002, 12:46 AM
The News seems to be all good! Especially the fact that Tales of TMNT is coming back. It is 80's all over again. There is Mirage comic, Cartoon and a comic for younger audinece.

xZAOx
12-20-2002, 12:50 AM
im pretty sure the reason the tales are coming back is b/c of people constantly screaming FARELY! ZULLI! VEITCH!

and me, id love to see another dan berger comic. he only did #45 i believe. but i really like his drawings.

and a new TMNT game....*drooool* i hope they port it to the PC!

heretic888
12-20-2002, 12:51 AM
lemme see:

- three comic book lines, two by Mirage one by Dreamwave

- trading card line by Fleer

- something related to four-wheel thingies

- animated series by Foxbox

- lotsa video games by Konami, starting with PS2 and GBA

- toy line by Playmates

holy ****. turtlemania has returned...... only thing left is news about a fourth movie......

Karpo_007
12-20-2002, 12:53 AM
Yeah. I guess the TMNT will need to be a success for any Studio to start producing a movie.

heretic888
12-20-2002, 12:53 AM
I also forgot to add that Laird also says he expects there to be licensed TMNT clothing merchandise out sometime next year as well......

Sparvid
12-20-2002, 04:45 AM
We will probably at some point do collected reprints of the new seriesYay!
but most likely not in color.Well, duh... I would much rather buy a b&w TPB!
Just last night I reviewed the storyboards for the episode which adapts the 'Donatello' one-issue microseries, and I'm VERY psyched to see this one happen...Yay, episodes directly taken from the comics!! :) :) :)
I'm continuing to have a discussion with the guys here at Mirage about reviving the Tales of the TMNT book, and I think it's going to happen. We've talked about some possible story ideas which should be a lot of fun.I'm still worried if they can do this without rushing the stories and art, or delaying the main title... But I'm hoping they can do it!

Karpo_007
12-20-2002, 07:14 AM
They would atleast need another penciler.

Shellfox
12-20-2002, 09:24 AM
The News seems to be all good! Especially the fact that Tales of TMNT is coming back. It is 80's all over again. There is Mirage comic, Cartoon and a comic for younger audinece.

please tell me the younger crowd you refer to is Not Dreamwave, cause if it is you are wrong. Dreamwave is adult, We get death, we get more eye candy than we should as far as females go, and still be legal, this book will take what ever is wrong with the TV show and make it right.

hell Megatrons (both books) kill Organic creatues right in front of us, hell its steps on one, in panel, we really do see him getting steped on. If the art is even close to past Dreamwave books I'm sold, don't believe me pick up some dreamwave books

heretic888
12-20-2002, 09:28 AM
still, the dreamwave book will probably be less adult-oriented than the Mirage lines......

on a side note, does anyone know if anything happened to that Hallmark tv miniseries??? I know the John Woo cgi movie was axed, but what about the Hallmark tv miniseries???

Jephael
12-20-2002, 09:54 AM
They would atleast need another penciler.

I kinda like his art though because it's bery surreal!

heretic888
12-20-2002, 10:03 AM
the Tales of the TMNT book will probably be done by different artists and/or writers..... but to quote Mr. Laird: "A significant difference is that this time around I would be closely overseeing the stories and working with the creators to make sure that the tales they tell fit within my concept of the Turtles' universe and 'Mirage continuity'."

HorseTechie
12-20-2002, 11:49 AM
"We have signed a deal with Dreamwave to produce a color TMNT comic based on the new animated series." - Peter Laird

Yes! :D :lol:

Karpo_007
12-20-2002, 12:41 PM

please tell me the younger crowd you refer to is Not Dreamwave, cause if it is you are wrong. Dreamwave is adult, We get death, we get more eye candy than we should as far as females go, and still be legal, this book will take what ever is wrong with the TV show and make it right.

hell Megatrons (both books) kill Organic creatues right in front of us, hell its steps on one, in panel, we really do see him getting steped on. If the art is even close to past Dreamwave books I'm sold, don't believe me pick up some dreamwave books

It says it is based on the cartoon. But If it would be like that, That would be great. I like bot Amazing- and Ultimate Spider-man so if the TMNT would do the same, That would be just great.

Cherubae
12-20-2002, 02:56 PM
"There is a licensing deal which is close to being finalized that I'd like to say more about, but probably shouldn't.... I will just say that it has to do with four wheels and makes a lot of noise. Watch this space!!" - Peter Laird

A Ninja Turtle... CAR..?? :o

(imagines Turtlemobiles similar to the Pikachu VW Beetles)

- Cher

Karpo_007
12-20-2002, 03:38 PM
Well I have seen a Viper GTS painted with spider-man look...

heretic888
12-22-2002, 11:14 AM
hey! someone edited my thread title!! :x

Apple Cat
12-22-2002, 06:32 PM
---delete this

Eye of Sarnath
12-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Damn! I'm gonna have to search between the cushions of my couch for money to buy a PS2. Pity they couldn't release a game for PC, it's all I've got. Oh well.

Karpo_007
12-23-2002, 04:13 AM
Well PS2 is just the first console to have the game. Well Im not complaining because I own a PS2.