PDA

View Full Version : "Choose Your Own Adventure" Style Fanfic- Should I Finish It?

Shredder
02-14-2006, 01:46 AM
Hi. Sorry to interrupt the usual type of news, but (and I doubt anyone remembers this) awhile back I mentioned I was starting on a "Choose Your Own Adventure" style fanfic, in which "you" join up with Shredder. At certain points in the story, you'll be given a choice of which action to take and the story changes depending on what you choose. Well, I bring this up because I came across what I've done so far of it recently and now I can't decide whether to bother finishing it or not. I don't know if there would be enough interest here in it to make it worth the time.

I'm posting the intro section of it to give everyone an idea of it. I do have other sections finished also, but it's still far from complete. Any thoughts? And no, I won't be offended if people aren't interested, I'm just wondering whether to scrap the idea or not. :)

http://www.thetechnodrome.com/temp/cyoaintro.htm

Garou
02-14-2006, 06:34 AM
I actually think it looks very interesting. I would definitely read through it, if you decided on finishing it.

TuRtLeTiTaN
02-14-2006, 07:42 PM
i will do this if you finish it it looks pretty cool

Class is Pain 101
02-15-2006, 01:52 AM
you should definetly do it man i think the would be a really a cool idea and would be alot of fun I've always love the choose your adventure kind of books and i think the turtles should definetly have one. Keep up the good work.

GK Punk
02-16-2006, 02:48 AM
Sounds like a great idea! I'd definetley check it out, I have some friends that may love it too.

ThirdMarioBro
02-16-2006, 06:00 PM
Looks pretty interesting from a glance. I'll read it alter. :)

VaughnMichael
02-16-2006, 11:08 PM
I'd totally do this and would love it if you finished it!
-Putrescent

Masked Ninja
02-18-2006, 03:28 AM
Agreed. I'd read it if you finished.

Naty
02-20-2006, 05:30 AM
It's great idia, i think! :)

slkblaze
02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
It sounds really cool! I'd check it out if you decide to continue it :D

thunderdragonwk
02-26-2006, 12:18 AM
yes, you should finish it. I think tmnt fans will love it. 8)

Shredder
03-09-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! I've started work on the fic again and will keep everyone posted on the status. :)

Ra
03-12-2006, 02:32 AM
Haha! Excellent! :evilgrin:

Naty
06-23-2006, 04:56 AM
How is fanfic going?:(

Shredder
06-25-2006, 11:39 PM
How is fanfic going?:(

Thanks for asking. I have been working on it on and off, but it's a huge project that will take a long time (I'm aiming for around 20 different ending possibilities). Also, look for some interactive features to customize the "you" in the story.

My goal is to have it ready in time for the Technodrome anniversary update on Halloween of this year. I'm kind of working on several sections at once right now, but once I get things better organized, I think it should turn out okay.

GK Punk
06-26-2006, 12:27 AM
Awesome, this sounds like it's coming out great so far.

tmnt_girl
07-03-2006, 10:54 AM
Awesome, this sounds like it's coming out great so far.
i like ur picture thingy, is that a katana?

bosadabiz
08-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Dude seriously! Finish the fic. It's a GREAT idea!

Kaneda
08-10-2006, 12:46 AM
This is a great idea.I love those choose your own adventure books.I can't wait to see the finished product.

Naty
02-23-2007, 07:55 AM
Oh... fanfic is dead:cry: ? Or there is still hope?.. Its already a YEAR passed...:(

Shredder
02-23-2007, 09:41 PM
Actually, it IS still in progress! I picked up work on it last year (kind of on and off) but have kind of stalled on it since Christmas or so, since things have been so busy lately. I do plan to get reorganized and start working on it again, since I enjoy writing it and I think it's coming together decently so far. It's a very big project, though, and I tend to work on it a little at a time around other stuff going on. The plan at the moment is to have it done by the summer or the next anniversary in October at the absolute latest. Hopefully, though, it will be much sooner. Sorry about the delay!

Ra
02-24-2007, 02:59 AM
'Tis okay, Shred Head. We are a patient bunch of people (Well, most of us), so we can wait. Besides, it's a pretty big project you are working on, so delays are expected :)

Shredder
02-25-2007, 01:15 AM
I've been working more on it these past couple of days and just for a quick progress report, I'm already up to about 92 pages and that's with it being a little over half done! There's currently 11 endings with plans for about 20-25 in total when it's complete. I hope to keep working steadily on it, though! :)

Ra
02-26-2007, 04:34 AM
Alright! Sounds good so far! I'm sure this is going to be a very interesting work we are going to be looking at when you are done :D

LiuKangChick
04-12-2007, 07:49 PM
Well, good luck on the fic, Shredder! I'm looking forward to it. ^^

Naty
09-09-2007, 10:29 AM
Well, how is it so far? I hope the work is almost done? I cant wait for to see the fic!

Shredder
09-11-2007, 07:06 PM
Well, how is it so far? I hope the work is almost done? I cant wait for to see the fic!

I admit that I've slipped a little working on it these past few months because of various things going on, but I would like to finish it and still plan to. I still hope to have it done by the end of the year- more like Christmas than Halloween, though. Knowing that people are still interested kind of keeps me motivated to work on a big project like this, so thanks. :)

ferret
09-13-2007, 03:44 PM
I cant wait for to see the fic!

Me too I cant wait!

Cure
10-01-2007, 07:59 PM
Do it, man. Just don't do other stuff, like eat or sleep. Fanfic all day, everyday.

Shredder
10-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Do it, man. Just don't do other stuff, like eat or sleep. Fanfic all day, everyday.

:lol: I'll keep working on it.

Naty
12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Can we hope to see the fic any soon? :D Or will there be again "to the next anniversary"?:cry::cry::cry:

Shredder
12-24-2007, 02:34 AM
Unfortunately, it won't be ready for our Christmas update, but I do hope to have it done early next year sometime. I should have some time coming up to work on it, so I hope to make a lot of progress. Thanks for remembering it! :D

Naty
12-27-2007, 01:08 AM
*lies right here on the floor and waits* :D

Cure
12-28-2007, 01:54 AM
Yo, this thread is a mystery to me. It shows up in the "last post" section of the main index, but it isn't there when I click on The Technodrome News. What gives, I tell ya, what gives?

Ra
12-28-2007, 03:35 AM
It's a ninja thread, I guess.

Well, take your time on writing, Shredder. We're patient folk. I'm sure we can wait.

Krang
12-29-2007, 04:11 AM
Yo, this thread is a mystery to me. It shows up in the "last post" section of the main index, but it isn't there when I click on The Technodrome News. What gives, I tell ya, what gives?
Since this section is a news archive, the threads here are sorted by start date rather than by date of last reply. The thread is actually at the bottom of the first page. You can also adjust the Display Options at the bottom of the page to temporarily change the order that the threads are displayed in.

Cure
12-29-2007, 11:55 PM
Since this section is a news archive, the threads here are sorted by start date rather than by date of last reply. The thread is actually at the bottom of the first page. You can also adjust the Display Options at the bottom of the page to temporarily change the order that the threads are displayed in.

Oh. Hahahaha. Makes sense. Duh on me.

Raphael_
01-11-2008, 02:57 PM
Unfortunately, it won't be ready for our Christmas update, but I do hope to have it done early next year sometime. I should have some time coming up to work on it, so I hope to make a lot of progress. Thanks for remembering it! :D

I've been thinking of doing something along these lines also, but with the INFORM engine (i.e. text adventure)

Want to maybe join forces?

Shredder
01-12-2008, 12:48 AM
I've been thinking of doing something along these lines also, but with the INFORM engine (i.e. text adventure)

Want to maybe join forces?

Hi- PM'd you on this.

Raphael_
01-18-2008, 07:47 PM
Haven't heard from Shred-head so I guess I'm on my own on this idea :/

Shredder
01-19-2008, 03:53 AM
Sorry about the delay- sent you another PM!

Mr._Mutant_Man
02-04-2008, 12:56 PM
This sounds like an awesome idea. Maybe other people could come up with "choose your own adventures" too, with other characters in mind. I remember having a lot of fun with those books back in the day. I remember a favorite of mine being the "Green Slime".

Naty
03-26-2008, 02:56 PM
Maybe you need more help with the fic? My English is not perfect but if you need anything, I can help.:D

Naty
04-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Well, how fanfic going?:)

Shredder
04-28-2008, 12:31 AM
Well, how fanfic going?:)

It's coming along. I work on it in my spare time, so it kind of depends on what else is going on as far as how much work I get done on it. It'll be done by the summer for sure, since the end is in sight. I'll post when it's ready, but don't expect it until July or August.

Naty
01-20-2009, 02:46 PM
*lurks around, hoping the fic will be done someday*

Shredder
01-21-2009, 12:21 AM
*lurks around, hoping the fic will be done someday*

Hey, thanks for remembering. :D Due to some personal and family problems that have happened this fall and winter, I haven't really worked on the fic the way I've wanted to. Believe it or not, I still plan to finish it, though, since I really enjoy working on it. It is closing in on being done and just needs for me to sit down and commit a good amount of time to it. My new goal (yes, it keeps changing as real life intervenes) is to have it done by this summer instead. Thanks for your patience and I'm very glad to see someone still anticipating this project! I'll keep you guys updated!

Preview for our next update: I did write a new Madlib, though, and have plans to add more in the near future. :)

SassyGal
01-21-2009, 06:25 AM
Hey, thanks for remembering. :D Due to some personal and family problems that have happened this fall and winter, I haven't really worked on the fic the way I've wanted to. Believe it or not, I still plan to finish it, though, since I really enjoy working on it. It is closing in on being done and just needs for me to sit down and commit a good amount of time to it. My new goal (yes, it keeps changing as real life intervenes) is to have it done by this summer instead. Thanks for your patience and I'm very glad to see someone still anticipating this project! I'll keep you guys updated!

Preview for our next update: I did write a new Madlib, though, and have plans to add more in the near future. :)

Aw, sweet! I love the Madlibs! :D And I'm glad to hear you're still working on the choose your own adventure fic. I can't wait to see how it turned out :)

Naty
01-24-2009, 03:36 AM
Yay! :D Good to know that such an amazing project isnt dropped!))) *sits nearby and waits patiently*