PDA

View Full Version : Ted Danson shrinks

Raph's Girl
02-28-2006, 11:27 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060301/tv_nm/becker_dc

Ted Danson is in final negotiations to star in ABC's comedy pilot "Help Me Help You" and, separately, to appear in seven episodes of NBC's upcoming comedy-drama series "Heist."

"Help Me Help You" revolves around a disparate group of people connected through therapy. Danson would play a psychologist who runs the group sessions.

On "Heist," which follows an elaborate series of robberies in Beverly Hills, Danson would play a cop.

Danson is best known for his role as bartender Sam Malone in "Cheers." He also played irascible medic John Becker in the comedy "Becker," which ran on CBS for six seasons. He was nominated for a SAG Award this year for his starring role in the A&E TV movie "Knights of the South Bronx."

Raph's Girl note: I wonder if Ted Danson will get psychology tips from Kesley Grammar??? :lol:

Jed
03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Raph's Girl note: I wonder if Ted Danson will get psychology tips from Kesley Grammar??? :lol:

It'd be funnier if it was the other way around:lol:

I see Ted Danson's character as being a mix between Sam Malone (minus the un-PC women stuff) and Becker... as in, he'll be like a more cranky Sam... which Becker pretty much is anyway. I suppose I'll give it a go if it's shown over here.

Turtledude2k3
03-04-2006, 08:21 PM
I like Ted Danson. He was good in Becker and cheers and osme of the movies.. I will watch this and see how it is.