PDA

View Full Version : Toys R Us liquidating the vehicles and playsets!

Bevandera
03-06-2006, 04:14 PM
I stopped by Toys R Us today and picked up the lair for $29.99 and the space cycle, pogo copter, hover chopper, razorjet, and turtle tunneler for $4.99 each. Hit em up while you can if you've been waiting for a good price :D

VaughnMichael
03-06-2006, 04:44 PM
yea I saw that also yesterday but I refuse to buy things that have dented boxes atleast really bad dents and the window boxes are smashed in...not good....
on a side not toys r us never stocks there shelves they wonder why they are going out of buisness....I used to tell them they have to meet the demands of the costumers but they never listend to me when I used to work for them.
-Putrescent

GK Punk
03-06-2006, 06:10 PM
The other reason TRU is doing so bad is they charge more than Target or Walmart on most items.

Winx Club dolls are the only thing that they price better than the competition, so I only go to TRU for Winx Club and get TMNT at Target for the most part...

Buslady
03-06-2006, 06:34 PM
TRU has always been more pricewise and technically do not hold sales. They do have the worthless coupon books they send out occasionally.
It was only a matter of WHEN not IF they go out of business.

GK Punk
03-06-2006, 06:47 PM
I'm glad mine isn't going anywhere. They keep their Winx Club aisle stocked nicely with new stuff.

And cheapest.

installerray
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
tru had that stuff at that price for a while now here in jersey

Buslady
03-06-2006, 07:42 PM
I'm glad mine isn't going anywhere. They keep their Winx Club aisle stocked nicely with new stuff.

And cheapest.

Actually, ALL TRUs will be non-existant, the last to close will be their online store.

TRU will concentrate on Babies are Us after they closed up all of the toys stores. I don't remember if the Kids R Us will also be gone.
Seems babies are more profitable, well, they do need alot of stuff. BRU does carry alot of excellent products.

GK Punk
03-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Oh that's crazy. Last I heard they were closing a good number of Stores, but not all stores. Well, here's to hoping Target lowers their Winx Club prices.

Tigershard
03-06-2006, 08:10 PM
Actually, ALL TRUs will be non-existant, the last to close will be their online store.

TRU will concentrate on Babies are Us after they closed up all of the toys stores. I don't remember if the Kids R Us will also be gone.
Seems babies are more profitable, well, they do need alot of stuff. BRU does carry alot of excellent products.

Buslady, I'm curious as to where you heard that TRU will be closing their stores. The most recent thing I heard is that they are splitting their online shop from Amazon.com due to Amazon breaching their contract/agreement. If you could provide a link to an article or something that would be great.

aramconbrat
03-06-2006, 08:44 PM
TRU has been suffering financially for many years...

I know they are planning on closing down a large number of their stores in the states and/or replacing them with Babies R Us.

I was also under the impression that due to competitors like Walmart, Toys R Us was going to phase themselves out over the course of a decade or two. Not like tomorrow we will wake up with all of them going out of business. But I'm not sure how much is rumour and how much is truth. I too have heard that they are closing, and I know for a fact they aren't making money off their TRU line, and Babies R Us is extremely profitable

Raph's Girl
03-06-2006, 09:53 PM
I dunno how well TRU does here. There's only one TRU in the area and it's like 30 min away... Target and Wal-Greens are walking distance so it's just easier for me to go to them.