PDA

View Full Version : Animaniacs, Pinky and the Brain to DVD!!

Raph's Girl
03-29-2006, 06:07 PM
Tvshowsondvd.com has announced that both Animaniacs and Pinky & the Brain are coming to DVD July 25.

Animaniacs is 5-disc set containing 25 episodes featuring the Warner Brothers (Yakko & Wakko) and their sister Dot. Along with Slappy Squirrel, the Goodfeathers, Rita & Runt, Buttons & Mindy, Chicken Boo, and of course Pinky & the Brain.

The box set also contains Animaniacs Live! in which Maurice LaMarche (The voice of the Brain) host an in-style interview show with some of the cast & crew. The DVD is sold for $44.98 SRP.

Pinky & the Brain is the Animaniacs spin-off about two lab mice from Acme Labs. One who's a mad genius, and the other is a few fries short of a happy meal. They escape the lab for one reason, trying to take over the world.

Their DVD box set is a 4-disc set containing 22 episodes of classic world dominating plans for $44.98 SRP. No word on extras as we speak.

iris
03-29-2006, 07:15 PM
Would you like to take a survey?

Do you eat beans?
Would you like to see a new movie starring George Wendt?
Do you eat beans with George Wendt?
Would you like to see George Wendt eating beans in a movie?
Do you eat beans at George Wendt movies?
Would you like to see George Wendt in a bean-eating movie?
How many beans do you eat in a George Wendt bean-eating movie?
How many bean-eating movies have you seen with George Wendt?
If you were a bean, what kind of bean would you be?

Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking... I mean, what would the children look like?!

Animaniacs! My fave was Wakko. He represents one more level of surreality brought into the world. Voiced inexplicably like Ringo Starr, who brought at least six levels of surreality into the world when he decided he could do that singing thing too.

I have been waiting for Pinky and the Brain to come to DVD. Not that I'm going to buy it, I just figured it would be a landmark moment in my life.

Raph's Girl
03-29-2006, 08:04 PM
Are You Pondering What I'm Pondering?
I think so, Brain, but me and Pippi Longstocking... I mean, what would the children look like?!

One of the best eps of Batman TAS had the funniest scene:
Batman (on the phone with Batgirl): "So what are you doing tonight??"
Batgirl: "The same thing we do every night, Pinky!"
Batman: "Huh???" :lol:

Turtledude2k3
03-30-2006, 12:05 AM
Thanks raph's girl for announcing it..

I'll probably get this..

Jo269976
03-31-2006, 11:37 AM
I'll definetly get this i nearly had a panic attack when it was repeated on Boomerang and now on DVD!! :thyper:

I always loved the show and can't wait for the release, B-Day list has a new friend :D

Drtooth
04-08-2006, 12:44 PM
It is BLOODY about time! No news on Tiny Toons yet, but the Ultiame best WB shows ever FINALLY get their day in the sun! I was worried they'd just have stacatto single DVD released of the old videos first (like with Batman) but they're jumping RIGHT into the box sets! SWEEEEEET!

I hope they rerelease the movie to DVD as well... I never picked it up on VHS.

ThirdMarioBro
04-13-2006, 01:37 AM
'Bout goddamn time WB. Now we can relive the glory days when Animation was still good, and at it's peak. I can't wait to put Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain next to Batman TAS on my shelf. I miss the Wheel of Morality. That was to make fun of the forced moral issues in so many cartoons. Today we could really use it since everything is drowning in this "Believe in yourself" sh*t.

"Wheel of Morality, turn turn turn....tell us the lesson that we should learn."

"Moral Number 6"

".....Beans Beans they're good for the heart, the more you eat, the more....you get kicked off the air for finishing this rhyme".

Drtooth
04-22-2006, 01:49 PM
'Bout goddamn time WB. Now we can relive the glory days when Animation was still good, and at it's peak. I can't wait to put Animaniacs and Pinky and the Brain next to Batman TAS on my shelf. I miss the Wheel of Morality. That was to make fun of the forced moral issues in so many cartoons. Today we could really use it since everything is drowning in this "Believe in yourself" sh*t.[/I]

Believe in yourself NOTHING... I'm sick of all this damn Middle aged children's programmers ideas of what they think Tweenage girls and 10 year old boys would like. Xiaolin Show down's pretty good for what it is, Johhny Test is ok, but Loonatics unleashed? An obvious obnoxious Spongebob ripoff? YUCK city!

I seriously miss the heyday of Kids WB with the Freakawormaniacs and the Brain amazing greatness. I wasn't too happy with the Superman cartoon at first (since they got rid of Earthworm Jim and Freakazoid for it) but even that was good (and I'm not a fan). Even Batman Beyond was better than I feared it would be (by leaps and bounds, I might add)... now we have a crazy ass Joker with terrible dialogue.... it's just soooooo sad.