PDA

View Full Version : Worst figures from the 2k3 era?

jeff the cheff
03-29-2006, 08:58 PM
What do you guys think are the worst toys from the new toy line?

I think Silver Sentry, Fugitoid, and Savanti Romero were some of the worst figures.

Anyone disagree about these figs?

aramconbrat
03-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I actually have few complaints about any of the toy lines. I love all the old ones, and I'm just glad they're making the new line. But I was disappointed with Turtlebot.

Jester
03-29-2006, 09:23 PM
I kinda like Savanti and the Fugitoid....I'd put the Ultimate Ninja and The Daymio in the mix...I agree with Sentry, and maybe LH, due mostly to scale. Baxter was also a really lame figure...totally inaccurate.

***First of Two Latin Kings***
03-30-2006, 05:51 AM
I kinda LIKE Baxter. And its not like we're not getting a more "cartoon accurate" version of him soon.

I also like Silver Sentry, even if they made the front of his cape that crosses his chest look like the male reproductive organ. I do agree that in general, the figure is a bit too small. But then, there are a lot of figures that aren't to scale with the turtles, which should be the standard of measurement. The Shredder figures should all be much larger, or the turtles should be smaller.

Revan
03-30-2006, 01:58 PM
The gaurdian ninja is pretty cool in the show but the action figure is so boring. Mine has a bad paint job and I dont like the symetrical figures as much. The turtles usually are in poses which their legs dont just extend straight down. Leatherhead is also an awesome character, however he is also too symetrical. I like the figures like the original 2k3 turtles that were in balanced battle-ready positions. BTW, the original shredder figure rocks!

rayfillet101
03-30-2006, 04:00 PM
id say theres different classifications of bad figures.

Breakapart figures(good characters, bad design)
Traximus
Gen
Fuedal Shredder

Non model sheet characters (good characters, but so wrong)
Karai
Stockman 1

Bad Acceleration
Guardian Ninja, Ultimate Ninja and anyone with the L arm.
Usagi was sculpted to look one specific way
Karai and Leatherhead are hard to work with aswell.
Fire Foot Mystic

Bad Scale
Leatherhead
Shredder

Bad Idea
Razorfist
Butterfly Swords
Stonebitter
Stockman I

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-30-2006, 04:18 PM
id say theres different classifications of bad figures.

Breakapart figures(good characters, bad design)
Traximus
Gen
Fuedal Shredder

Non model sheet characters (good characters, but so wrong)
Karai
Stockman 1

Bad Acceleration
Guardian Ninja, Ultimate Ninja and anyone with the L arm.
Usagi was sculpted to look one specific way
Karai and Leatherhead are hard to work with aswell.
Fire Foot Mystic

Bad Scale
Leatherhead
Shredder

Bad Idea
Razorfist
Butterfly Swords
Stonebitter
Stockman I

I think you meant Bad Articulation. Which is pretty much true for all the figures. Thats where they sorley lack.

Also, Usagi's figure is pretty bad, as are the break aparts. It sucks that big characters like Hun, Traximus, and Leatherhead aren't in proper scale. Also, they messed up Traximus, he dosen't nave the right ascessories, coloring, or markings.

Also, I hate the Dark Assasin figures, when that rubber stuff on them dries, the head thing and arms start to crumble.
Also Ultimate Ninja and Ultimate Damiyo, the didn't even give them the right masks. Plus, they never bothered to make the rest of the foot mystics.

Dragnskull
03-30-2006, 04:35 PM
personally i hated the ratking figure... maybe becasue i prefer his original look, but i HATE what they did to him in the new toy, he looks lik ea retarded mummy with robotic implants.

Spitfire
03-30-2006, 05:47 PM
The Rat King looks like a Burger King toy. And Monster Don doesn't look much better. When I saw how much the new toys sucked after the first line I stopped buying them. I bought up until Space TMNT and then I stopped. So I have quite a few but my plans on collecting haulted. Awful awful toys.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-30-2006, 07:23 PM
The Rat King looks like a Burger King toy. And Monster Don doesn't look much better. When I saw how much the new toys sucked after the first line I stopped buying them. I bought up until Space TMNT and then I stopped. So I have quite a few but my plans on collecting haulted. Awful awful toys.

Not all of them are bad. Most of them are quite well designed, just poorly articulated. Plus, theyr'e not stingy when it comes to the secondary characters. Plus, The Fast Foward figures look so bitchin.

Spitfire
03-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Right but by now I'm already turned off and I don't buy toys anymore.

Buslady
03-31-2006, 07:28 AM
Any fig that falls apart when you pus hthe button, those are lame
they did Gen like that...and that triceraton dude...whatshisface, Raph's buddy...

Katie
03-31-2006, 07:49 AM
Iwas disappointed with Yoshi. *sigh* I only wanted the core family members...but now.....whatever.

VaughnMichael
03-31-2006, 06:59 PM
yep see playmates you ticked off your fans and now most of us have stoped buying your figures...good job giving the toys retarded action fetures no one cares about....kids don't need that crap anyway they use there imagination...or atleast they should be :| like we did....
let's see what toys do I not like from the new line aka ones I did no buy because they = crap!

baxter stockman 1
ultimate damiyo
ultimate ninja
traximus
draco
usagi
gen
fudal shredder
yoshi

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-31-2006, 09:43 PM
What they need to do is release a special line for toy collectors like me. Figures with multiple points of articulation, proper scaling, coloring and sculpting identical to their look on the show, and a buttload of proper acessories including detailed bases. Basical, Marvel Legends, only TMNT.

The should include...

Heroes
Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Master Splinter, April, Casey, Leatherhead, Renet, Usagi, Gen, Traximus, Radical, Silver Sentry, Raptar, the Fugitoid, Mortu, Gaurdian Ninja, and Slashuur.

Villians
Shredder V1, Shredder(Rouge in the House), Oroku Saki, Shredder(Fuedal), Shredder(Exodus), Karai(no armor), Hun, Bishop, Baxter Stockman, The Rat King, Savanti Romero, Ultimate Ninja, Draco, Ultimate Draco, Dark Assasin, Foot Soldier, Foot Elite, Complete Carnage, all 5 Foot Mystics, and Kluh.

Ryona
04-01-2006, 04:07 AM
Worst action figures of the new series? That would be almost all of them.

It's sad.

AquaParade
04-01-2006, 01:53 PM
What they need to do is release a special line for toy collectors like me. Figures with multiple points of articulation, proper scaling, coloring and sculpting identical to their look on the show, and a buttload of proper acessories including detailed bases. Basical, Marvel Legends, only TMNT.

The should include...

Heroes
Leonardo, Michelangelo, Raphael, Donatello, Master Splinter, April, Casey, Leatherhead, Renet, Usagi, Gen, Traximus, Radical, Silver Sentry, Raptar, the Fugitoid, Mortu, Gaurdian Ninja, and Slashuur.

Villians
Shredder V1, Shredder(Rouge in the House), Oroku Saki, Shredder(Fuedal), Shredder(Exodus), Karai(no armor), Hun, Bishop, Baxter Stockman, The Rat King, Savanti Romero, Ultimate Ninja, Draco, Ultimate Draco, Dark Assasin, Foot Soldier, Foot Elite, Complete Carnage, all 5 Foot Mystics, and Kluh.

...I wish ) : Think we'll everrrr get anything like that ?

Spitfire
04-01-2006, 03:53 PM
Worst action figures of the new series? That would be almost all of them.

It's sad.
Gota atleast give credit to them for the first line, Those were awesome figures.

Ryona
04-02-2006, 03:42 AM
Gota atleast give credit to them for the first line, Those were awesome figures.

Damn straight. The first line figures, toddler turtles, and perhaps a few others are the only good ones. The rest of the 90% are utter crap.

Jester
04-02-2006, 01:20 PM
Damn straight. The first line figures, toddler turtles, and perhaps a few others are the only good ones. The rest of the 90% are utter crap.
Every once in a while something good comes around...but you're very right. I've gotten kids meal toys when I was a kid that look better then Agent Bishop.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
04-02-2006, 06:45 PM
...I wish ) : Think we'll everrrr get anything like that ?

Never count it out. I e-mailed Playmates about it and they said they'd send it to their production team. I think if they get enough demands from fans and collectors, it may help sway their minds.

Playmates knows people love the TMNT, and they must know collectors will pay big bucks for good action figures, so naturally combine those two, and they'll be rolling in our money.

I know they can do it, they just need the proper push. The Fast Foward figures are a start, but we need more.

Jester
04-02-2006, 08:50 PM
My only beef with the Fast Forward figs is the little colored piece on the shell and the bionic arm and leg wraps. Basic TMNT figures in this style, I'd love!

AquaParade
04-02-2006, 08:53 PM
My only beef with the Fast Forward figs is the little colored piece on the shell and the bionic arm and leg wraps. Basic TMNT figures in this style, I'd love!

Ya, I agree. I would love to see a shredder figure like this. Maybe when the movie comes around we'll get some fully articulated collectors figures...right?

Jester
04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
What i would love is a line of TMNT movie figures that are well done, based on TMNT 1. I wanna a Tatsu figure, I want a Raphie figure so detailed he has the scar on his cheek. I want a well articulated Shredder. And for the love of all that's holy and just I want an awesome Movie Casey Jones.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
04-03-2006, 12:44 AM

Well, it gives them a new futuristic look, I in all honestly don't see why people hate them. At least theyr'e not in full boddy Power Ranger-esqe suits.

Ya, I agree. I would love to see a shredder figure like this. Maybe when the movie comes around we'll get some fully articulated collectors figures...right?

I don't see how since Shredder's not in this movie.

jeff the cheff
04-03-2006, 10:02 AM
What i would love is a line of TMNT movie figures that are well done, based on TMNT 1. I wanna a Tatsu figure, I want a Raphie figure so detailed he has the scar on his cheek. I want a well articulated Shredder. And for the love of all that's holy and just I want an awesome Movie Casey Jones.

omg I could only imagine how sweeet those figs would be. I'd pay big bucks for those.

Artistix
04-03-2006, 06:59 PM
I actually don't mind the figures...but I don't play with them so I don't encounter as many problems as others.

I was pretty disappointed in Karai....she looks ok with the helmet on....but very generic without it.....I had high hopes after April turned out so well.

I didn't notice Hun was out of scale?? I thought he was a sweet figure!

Quote:
"Bad Idea
Razorfist
Stonebitter"

I don't have these two yet...I swore I would not until I was also able to get Quarry with them....so whats the problem with them? are they an ok scale?

AquaParade
04-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I don't see how since Shredder's not in this movie.[/QUOTE]

I was actually just talking about the turtle characters.