PDA

View Full Version : Warriors of the forgotten sewer

Damien Kash
04-12-2006, 02:45 PM
Does anyone remember these figures? Fantasy-tmnt

The thing im wondering about is:why no Raphael figure??
He did'nt even appear in the comic that came with the figures

Anyone know something i don't?

OA
04-12-2006, 03:07 PM
I actually really liked these figures, esp. Don and Leo....some of my favorite figs in regards to all the vintage turtle variants...no clue about Raph...shame though

tmntman
04-12-2006, 03:32 PM
Raph did appear in the comics. He was transformed into the tiger that Leonardo rode. Toys were planned and prototypes made of a Knight Mike and Spellcaster Splinter. There were also plans for a Leonardo/tiger Raph set. But I don't know if they ever got to the point of sculpting Raph.

TMNTGal
04-12-2006, 04:13 PM
I have seen the Raph tiger. I ran into a dealer who had it along with several other Turtle protos. I wanted to buy it but somehow lost communication with the dealer. I don't remember if this took place during the time when my HD crashed, though it would explain it. I'm not sure if I still have the photos he sent me but I'll check.

Some other dealer sold a Spell Caster Splinter on eBay somewhile ago. Does anyone remember who bought it?

Damien Kash
04-12-2006, 04:31 PM
heh...i always thought that tiger was raphie-boy
My friend is a big raphael fan,so he hated my theory of the turtle-tiger

...but still,it sucks that he was'nt a turtle like his bros

***First of Two Latin Kings***
04-12-2006, 04:56 PM
This has been a surreal day.

Raphael as a tiger? Wha?

When Playmates did the "Warrior" series, Leo and Don went evil, Mike became a robot clone of Metalhead, and they told us we didn't even want to know what happened to Raph. I wonder how Playmates came up with all these crazy plotlines regarding the action figures. There were a number of sets of turtles that were missing at least one or more of the turtles. I can't think of very many, but there were a few. The Bodacious Birthday Turtles were missing Don.

VaughnMichael
04-12-2006, 05:29 PM
Raph did appear in the comics. He was transformed into the tiger that Leonardo rode. Toys were planned and prototypes made of a Knight Mike and Spellcaster Splinter. There were also plans for a Leonardo/tiger Raph set. But I don't know if they ever got to the point of sculpting Raph.
I'm pretty sure that wasn't raph they just called the character War Cat
I'll have to pull out the comic later on I'm at work right now.
I'll scan it and post it here. along with some other special treats reguarding this line of figures.
I have seen the Raph tiger. I ran into a dealer who had it along with several other Turtle protos. I wanted to buy it but somehow lost communication with the dealer. I don't remember if this took place during the time when my HD crashed, though it would explain it. I'm not sure if I still have the photos he sent me but I'll check.
Some other dealer sold a Spell Caster Splinter on eBay somewhile ago. Does anyone remember who bought it?
yea I talked to him as well he wanted way to much money or something was wierd about the deal or something...he wanted me to go half and half with him on the protos or whatever i'm like uh no thanks but I do have the images still and I will post them along with everything else tonight.

When Playmates did the "Warrior" series, Leo and Don went evil, Mike became a robot clone of Metalhead, and they told us we didn't even want to know what happened to Raph.
yea that was a great series I love it all shame The Red Robot Warrior Bebop didn't come out Same with Warrior Rahzar With Fur I made my own Warrior Tokka & Rahzar figures I used to make tuns of customes when I was younger.
-Putrescent

BigApple3AM
04-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Err, is the warrior series the same as the warriors of the forgotten sewer? The later was a Conan/LOTR rip, the "warrior" series was just two new sculpt bat-turtles + repaints because the line was dieing out so they were really milking it at that point (metalhead mike, the unreleased rahzar with fur, which was just a regular rahzar with flocked fur like the old grizzlor from he-man).

***First of Two Latin Kings***
04-13-2006, 07:02 AM
I've seen the Warrior Rahzar with Fur on e-bay, unless I dreamed it. Was this figure available loose for some time? Did it ever see production?

tmntman
04-13-2006, 08:56 AM
It never went into production as far as anyone knows. You may well have seen one on eBay. It is a common custom to do due to it ease and the desirability of the figure.

OA
04-13-2006, 03:57 PM
I've seen the Warrior Rahzar with Fur on e-bay, unless I dreamed it. Was this figure available loose for some time? Did it ever see production?

Im actually quitge partial to the idea that you dreamed him up :P ...ive never seen him on ebay, only some crappy customs, and even those Ive seen like maybe 2 of...

And as far as Spellcaster Splinter goes, i remmebr a few yrs (??) back seeing him go on ebay but if I recall it didnt sell cuz he set some rediculous opening bid (or reserve)...

riseup003
04-13-2006, 06:47 PM
The Spellcaster Splinter was a unpaited prototype. Think he wanted $500 for it.

OA
04-13-2006, 08:12 PM
The Spellcaster Splinter was a unpaited prototype. Think he wanted $500 for it.

I dunno, my gut says it might've been a bit more than that but u might be right....im not really into protos but I think i could make an exception for this...:P

jestergoblin
04-13-2006, 08:16 PM
I thought it was something even more outrageous like $900...

OA
04-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Yea, thats actually more along the lines of what i was thinking too...

VaughnMichael
04-13-2006, 09:48 PM
I thought it was something even more outrageous like $900...
yea thats pretty much what I think it was as well....he contacted me about a year or so ago asked me if i wanted to buy them i said sure id love to...then he droped the prices on each thing...I said i lvoe tmnt figures but not that much geez...:| :dead:

OA
04-14-2006, 11:48 AM
Thats a bit much...id only spend that amount on (maybe!!) a tmnt #1 comic...but for an unpainted proto, yes right!!

BigApple3AM
04-14-2006, 10:11 PM
I got my TMNT #1 for like $500. Not cheap but I had to get it. It's definitely worth it, I saved up for a long time to finally get one. It fits perfectly with the Turtle statues.

I'd only spend that amount on a prototype if it was like the 1988 Leonardo prototype mold, or something incredible like that. Spellcast splinter, would be good because he was unreleased, but it's still just a splinter variant. If it was like a new character I'd go for it. Maybe even go for the old Jim Lee Leonardo.

MikeA
07-15-2006, 12:11 AM
Okay, so I get on these boards every once in a blue moon. I collect TMNT passively, mainly because I went so nuts for them from the ages of 6-10. ;^) If I wasn't a broke butt college student I would collect more avidly, and someday I anticipate getting back into focusing on collecting the "vintage" TMNT line. Anyhoo...my primary passion in regards to action figure collecting is preproduction items. Many people do not fancy prototype collecting due to the cost. However, when one considers that people pay hundreds of dollars for a comic book that has a production run in the thousands, paying the same or similar amount for a one of a kind prototype makes sense to me. I understand that high grade comics may number more in the hundreds, depending upon the book, but still, a wax sculpt that is truly one of a kind is more rare, hence the high pricetag. If you also consider that a wax sculpt is completely done by hand, and then the basis for EVERY SINGLE FIGURE TO EVER HIT THE STORE, it becomes even more desireble to certain people. The main thing to keep in mind is prototypes are NOT toys. They fall more in the category of works of art.

That said, let me stress, I am in no way saying that every person should appreciate prototypes. I am also not saying that I think it is stupid to pay hundreds of dollars on a comic book as opposed to some sort of proto. Each person is entitled to their own opinion, and should spend their money on whatever makes them happy. Maybe someday the TMNT proto market will develop a stronger following, but until then, more for me. ;^)

Anyway, on to why I am actually posting. Hopefully you all do not mind a good rant every once in a while. About four years ago, Hollywood Heroes turned up a HUGE TMNT prototype find. Primarily waxes, original artwork, hardcopies, and painted hardcopies. They all come from one man, who was one of the two major sculptors for the vintage line. I've actually conducted an interview with both sculptors of the TMNT line, and if you would like to read them, maybe during the next month I can dig them up and post them.

The Raph tiger came from Hollywood Heroes find. It is a wax sculpt. I am friends with the owner, and I believe he sometimes comes on these boards, so if he wants, he can maybe chime in. Currently, I am on a bit of a vacation, so I am not using my computer. I have pictures of the Raph on my computer, and I will post them in the next couple of weeks. I will also e-mail the owner and see if he is willing to share the photos that he has taken of the wax. I should also say that it is very distinctly Raph as a tiger, and it is a really neat sculpt.

Cheers,

Mike

andrewdsz
07-15-2006, 07:32 AM
Man, i want to see that tiger-raph figure... ...

OA
07-15-2006, 10:24 AM
Yea man...whenever you can, please share the photos...i'd love to see that thing...