PDA

View Full Version : Cool customs

AquaParade
06-26-2006, 10:57 AM
http://www.toymania.com/customcorner/cc12/tmnt.shtml

AquaParade
06-26-2006, 11:00 AM
Sorry for the double post. It's all fake though :(
I got excited and posted too soon. Sorry. We can only keep hoping for something like this, maybe when the movie comes out.

VaughnMichael
06-26-2006, 03:14 PM
wow those are some of the worst tmnt custom tmnt figures I've ever seen.
Also I love the paper glued onto the foot soldiers chest...*sarcasm*

AquaParade
06-26-2006, 04:09 PM
If you ask me, they are a hell of a lot cooler than the toys playmates are dishin out.

VaughnMichael
06-26-2006, 06:54 PM
If you ask me, they are a hell of a lot cooler than the toys playmates are dishin out.
how are they cooler all they did was stick the body on some lame batman body or whatever it is...and gave them a bad paint job.

Sliced
06-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Shredder is awful. I would not pay more than 2$ for him, playmates version is by far superior.

The foot ninja is better, I would maybe pay 3$... Its just that it seems the foot are short on $ since they have to make sh*tty paper stickers for their emblem... :roll: (yeah I know, another bad joke about the paper emblem.)

The paint job is also pretty bad, they forgot to add 1-2 other layers on shredder, and they did a poor job painting the ninja as well.

I've seen way better...

5$ for the 2, final word...

AquaParade
06-27-2006, 09:00 AM
I would pay extra just for the articulation and such. I know they have bad paint jobs, but strangely, I kind of like the dirty look it gives to the figures.

OA
06-27-2006, 11:40 AM
i give the figures an "eh"...not too bad but not the best either...

Mike Bock
06-27-2006, 03:34 PM
The idea was good but the end result is pretty bad. Shredder looks like he came out of the garbage, the paint job is not very good.

The Foot soldier looks better, if he had spent more time on him it would've been a much cooler custom.
Thanks for sharing though dude. It's cool to see TMNT customs.;)

OA
06-28-2006, 11:25 AM
It's cool to see TMNT customs.;)

I agree. Its always nice to see new idea and customs...

AquaParade
06-28-2006, 12:08 PM
It'd be really cool, if we could find enough of em, to sticky a custom tmnt figure thread. I always love to see em.

Ryona
06-28-2006, 12:11 PM

Agreed.

I can't see why most of you guys don't like those custom figures. The Shredder and Foot ninja have a nice, dark, gritty feel to them.

Sliced
06-28-2006, 01:10 PM
They are just messed up...

That's why I don't like them, lacks of quality.

Like I said though, the foot ninja is great. Paint job is not soo good, the paper emblem is a real joke, but he is a cool custom.

Shredder on the other hand is really messed up.

VaughnMichael
06-30-2006, 02:15 AM
Agreed.

I can't see why most of you guys don't like those custom figures. The Shredder and Foot ninja have a nice, dark, gritty feel to them.
because they look just like the playmates figures...there is hardly any improvement to them at all...all I see that was changed was the legs and the legs don't even fit the shredder character well.
The paint was applied badly it looks like some one at mcfarlame toys had gone crazy with the black wash over an old spawn toy lol.
the reason for these not being a big deal is just simply that they didn't really do much for them to be customs.