PDA

View Full Version : DS Player for the Wii

TMNT 100
07-08-2006, 02:53 PM
Think about it, you can play your DS games on TV, the microphone in the Wiimote can be used the same way as the DS one and the motion sensors can be used as a stylus.

What do you thing? I think it's a good idea. :) :) :) :)

Mecha Cow
07-08-2006, 03:11 PM
In theory it could work I guess, but I personally don't see the point of playing portable games on a home console.

07-08-2006, 03:50 PM
Sounds like the GBA Player for Gamecube. While an interesting device, the DS was made for a reason: to play it anywhere. Go buy yourself some console games.

ThirdMarioBro
07-08-2006, 04:26 PM
Agreed. I always bought all of those portable to TV adapters, and I never used a one of them. They're pointless. Portables are portable for a reason. That's also why I always hated all of those console to portable ports as well. What's the point?

Jed
07-08-2006, 04:50 PM
I borrowed the GBA Player from a friend and the games looked so bad on the big screen that I gave it back a couple of days later. I wouldn't buy a DS one if it ever came out cause of that, and because if I do play the DS at home I like to watch TV while I'm playing it:)

Kid Icarus
07-08-2006, 05:30 PM
Where would the microphone be?

Not going to happen, especially with the DS selling even BETTER then the GBA did. We're at what, 17 million units sold world wide now? No shot in hell.

That and the controler wouldn't transfer the feel of a touchscreen. what? Hold A to 'touch' the screen? Bah.

OA
07-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Yea, i don't really like the idea...seems like it owuld be more hassel than its worth...but I guess we'll see if something like this comes out...

Peanut
07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
I couldn't imagine what the games would look like on my widescreen HD...god. Just awful.

Archon_Turtle
07-12-2006, 01:32 PM
We have a device here at work that allows you to play DS games on a TV for screen capture and recording purposes, as you would imagine, it makes the game look like poop. I would never buy a comparable device for that reason.