PDA

View Full Version : Is there an Archive of the Archie comics anywhere?

Strafe
01-07-2003, 10:56 AM
This probably gets asked a lot.
Hi there! I've been browsing this site for a few days, but I'm what you'd call a n00b to the TMNT fandom.
I have a few issues that my mother picked up for me when I was a kid, but that's about it. Is there anywhere I can find perhaps some summaries or scans from the issues in the TMNT Archie run? All I can find are covers. Any help would be tremendously appreciated.

DarthRaphael
01-07-2003, 11:55 AM
One of our members PWDESI I beleive is scanning comics.
He will probably see this and let you know how you can get them.

xZAOx
01-07-2003, 12:23 PM
its being worked on...as soon as he gets his new ISP, we got something in the works... :thyper:

HorseTechie
01-08-2003, 08:26 AM
Like what they have at Siebertron.com... nope! (I'm amazed they can get away with that!)

Though, many fans do have scans of the covers, and the offical Mirage site has bits n pieces of the comics. You best bet for now is sneaking round the file transfer hangouts.

Jephael
01-08-2003, 08:29 AM
I believe once Dan Berger has finished doing the reviews for Mirage Volumes 1-3, he'll get around to fixing up the Archie reviews (but at the rate he's been going, it might take awhile)

Sparvid
01-08-2003, 08:53 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a sort of TMNT Adventures archive, like siebertron, or tfarchive... I honestly think that the Archie comics never will be reprinted, and I sure would like to read some of the storylines...

Shellfox
01-08-2003, 12:45 PM
Like what they have at Siebertron.com... nope! (I'm amazed they can get away with that!)

I'm amazed that Circet Breaker could be in that outfit, or all the Christmas Comics they did. That you Seibertron

Anyway Hope someone does find an Archie archie, or at least review liarabry, I want to know about the April as a turtle special

Strafe
01-08-2003, 02:05 PM
Actually, it was browsing Seibertron's archive that gave me the idea to search for the Archie run. Man, those were some GRIM stories. That's in reference to Furman's stuff, mostly.
All I've got left of the Archie series that I know I have is the issue in which all the Turtles don strange outfits and are forced to do battle in a wrestling ring. I can't find it, and haven't read it in years, though. Anyway, thanks for the information, guys.

HorseTechie
01-08-2003, 02:17 PM
Hrm... I wonder if the big Mirage wigs will grant us the permission to do so...

Supermik
01-26-2003, 07:38 AM
One of our members PWDESI I beleive is scanning comics.
He will probably see this and let you know how you can get them.

Excuse me who is scanning TMNT adventures by Archie comics? i'm interested...

The Master Foot Soldier
01-26-2003, 02:05 PM
Aren't there cover scans of the TMNT issues on http://www.ninjaturtles.com? When i checked, there was a lot of information on almost every TMNT comic there.

Jephael
01-26-2003, 02:47 PM
Yeah but as I said before, Dan's working on finishing the archive. He's actually gotten all the way up to issue #49 of Mirage Volume 1, meaning he needs to go through "City at War" before he gets to Volume 2 and so on. So far he's kept up with Volume 4 though

HorseTechie
01-27-2003, 10:16 AM
They only have the covers of the major Mirage issues so far, with a summary and like 3 or four pages scanned (which are so small you can see much detail).

I guess they still cliam copyrights on their comics enough so that you can't find the entire comics scanned in full glory available for easy public access on the net. *sai*

Jephael
01-27-2003, 02:30 PM
They do have the entire original first issue up on the site though. Infact, that was how I first read it before I bought a copy of it.

darthsmozers
01-31-2003, 09:12 AM
I emailed Dan, he said it will be some time, but it will be done one day :)