PDA

View Full Version : Barnyard review

Raph's Girl
08-04-2006, 02:59 PM
Hey all! Just got back from seeing Barnyard!!! Man! This is an awesome movie! You'll laugh, you'll cry (seriously...there's like one major sad scene), you'll cheer, you'll go awww.... you'll go WTF and wonder why the hell the male cows have udders...

The story is about this cow named Otis. Orphaned as a baby and adopted by Ben, Otis is raised to be Ben's heir and future leader of the farm.

Otis however just wants to party all the time with his best pals: Pig, Pip the Mouse, Freddy the Ferret (voiced by Cam "The original Leonardo the Turtle" Clarke), and Peck The Rooster (voiced by Rob "I won an Emmy for voicing a dumb lab mouse and Im the original voice of Raphael" Paulsen)

When Ben is murdered (no blood is shown...but still) by the eeeeeevil Cayotes (The lead Cayote is red...I've never seen a red Cayote before). Otis is voted as the new leader. He has to then learn that partying all the time isn't what it's cracked up to be.

Other characters in the movie:
Daisy: A pregnant cow. Her husband (cows get married?) was killed in a flood. She and another cow, Bessie (Oh that Wanda Sykes) survived and are sold to the Barnyard (that's the name of the farm). Daisy quickly falls for Otis. She sees lots of potential in him.

Maddie: A little chick who looks up to Otis like a big brother, calling him Odie.

Miles the Mule: The voice of reason on the farm. He's also a good fighter when need be.

Mrs. Beady: An extremely nosey human neighbor. She's like Gladys from Bewitched. "Im not insane! I just have a chemical imbalance in my brain!" *lmao*

Mr. Beady: Mrs. Beady's unfortunate husband. All he mostly does is ignore his wife and drink beer... *lol*

Then there's this bad kid who one night decides to do some cow tipping....unfortunatly Otis and the Jersey Cows (yes...they're gangsters...or gangster wannabes) sees this. They steal a car (The Beady's car *lol*) and find where he lives...and tips him! "That's called Boy Tipping! HAHAHA!"

He screams and his parents come up to his room where he's banging on the wall mumbling "No more going to field...must be nice to cows..." His father goes "No more Red Bull..." *lmao*

There's also a funny scene where the cops are chasing Otis and the Jersey cows in the car....while being filmed on "Cops".. *lmao*

Plus the pizza delivery boys...who may have been high... *lmao*..

So! Go see this movie!! The soundtrack is awesome too!

Kaneda
08-06-2006, 12:44 AM
Well after reading this i just MAY give this movie a chance when i get bored one of the days.It looks like just another kids CGI movie but if its like you said it is it cant be all that bad.