PDA

View Full Version : Mirage to release TPB's of Tales of the TMNT!

Raph's Girl
08-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Hey guys!

Starting in October and thru June 2007 Mirage will be releasing TPB's of Tales of the TMNT!

Book One - October, 2006 - Stories told by Don (Tales 1+10+16+18+26)

Book Two - January, 2007 - Blind Leo story (Tales 5 + the Blind Sight four issue mini-series)

Book Three - April, 2007 - Miscellaneous issues written by Murphy (Tales #20+24+25+28+30)

Book Four - June, 2007 - Mystic Shark story (Tales #3+4+13+14+33)

Now the good thing about TPB's is that they are released in regular book stores. I know Barnes & Noble carries TPB's...they have tons of em...which reminds me...I need to buy the TPB's of Fables. *lol* This is the only way I can get comics is thru the TPB's. So WOOT! I'll at least have the TPB's! :evilgrin:

But it appears that in issue 33 the Shredder Shark clone is returning. :o

OldSchooler
08-06-2006, 07:59 PM
Good news! Where'd you find this Raph's Girl?

Raph's Girl
08-06-2006, 09:51 PM
Good news! Where'd you find this Raph's Girl?

I was looking at the comics page on the official site and noticed the info right after info on why there'll be no Vol 4 till March. Just scroll down.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/html/comic.htm

gobo
08-06-2006, 10:38 PM
I really, really hope they re-release the Tales vol. 1 TPB. I wanted to get one when they showed up on the Mirage sale list at the end of Volume 2, but they sold out before I placed the order. I snoozed and losed. :cry:

raphaelprime
08-10-2006, 08:23 PM
The cover's will also be in a slight style of the '03 series(not FF), if i remember correctly.

VaughnMichael
08-10-2006, 09:49 PM
The cover's will also be in a slight style of the '03 series(not FF), if i remember correctly.
they won't be in either they will in the style of the comic books because that's what they are of...not the tv shows.

raphaelprime
08-10-2006, 10:01 PM
they won't be in either they will in the style of the comic books because that's what they are of...not the tv shows.

Yes, i know that, but they want to appeal them to more people(because as we know the books arent making that big of a profit) so they will be in a slight style of the '03 series, with a hint of the TMNT movie comic adaptation. I'm just going by what i was told, i havent seen the art for the TPB's, but was told thats what they were lookin for with the covers. Like i said it's just the style im talking about, the image may be from one of the issues, or it may just be a related image.

OldSchooler
08-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Seek and ye shall find...

cover in tmnt2k3 style (http://www.warmtoastcafe.com/gps/jourdan77/jourdan77_image1.gif)

OldSchooler
08-10-2006, 10:47 PM
Seek further and ye shall find more...

The four covers for the tpb's are the first 3 images in the gallery (http://www.warmtoastcafe.com/art/jourdan77/)

raphaelprime
08-10-2006, 11:09 PM
thank you MasterSplinter. Never knew those were the ones he did for the TPB's. Shoulda emailed him askin haha. The 7th pic there is a sketch he did to land the job of doing the movie adaptation comic.

Raph's Girl
08-11-2006, 02:31 PM
Fascinating... I love the art work on it... Especially the look of ancient Leo.

VaughnMichael
08-11-2006, 04:32 PM
Yes, i know that, but they want to appeal them to more people(because as we know the books arent making that big of a profit) so they will be in a slight style of the '03 series, with a hint of the TMNT movie comic adaptation. I'm just going by what i was told, i havent seen the art for the TPB's, but was told thats what they were lookin for with the covers. Like i said it's just the style im talking about, the image may be from one of the issues, or it may just be a related image.
hmm interesting I dig it actully all except casey's mask I've always hated how they made it look like a skull for the dvd box and stuff..looks silly.
But yea the rest are great sort of reminds me of archie.
I will most deff. miss A.C. Farelys or Michael dooney's beautily painted covers though!