PDA

View Full Version : No Shredder in Lost Season!!

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 10:16 AM
I have been going through all those threads here and on tv.com and there have been many questions regarding the lost season, many of which concerning Shredder and how he will look like in the ninja Tribunal season. Many of those questions were raises by myself, but I have been thinking and I have come to the conclusion we won't see Shredder at all in the lost season. In fact, after reading the worms of madness comics I am sure the lost season will adapt the story, meaning the Foot Mystics will resurrect the real origina Shredder, but something goes wrong and they create a half worm, half shark creature. I read some where an interview with Laird that he wanted to do this story arc in the cartoon and it's reasonable to think he will do it in the lost season. I think the Lost sesaon won't be a "Ninja Tribunal" season but will begin with the Shredder/Worms story and then continue with Bishop/baxter and Karai storis, giving conclusion to it all. Of course this is just a theory. I really must find that interview though. What do you think?

Whitewolf89
08-07-2006, 10:49 AM
I think you're right.

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 11:22 AM
I remembered were I saw the interviews now. I read them on imdb.com. Of course they could be bull but i'll paste them here any way.
In an interview Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman told some things and ideas concerning Shredder that they are going to add in the future of the 2003 cartoon show.
This is what they told:

-.''We have many villain teams and other things already but the story of the Shredder is far from over''.

-.''Karai will take over as the real, new and ''Female Shredder''.

-.''So Karai will remain the main Shredder but we have some plans to bring the Utrom Shredder called ''Charell'' back into the show for some guest appearences''.

-.We have also plans to make a 2 or 3 part episode based on the ''Worms Of Madness'' story arc. In that story arc the foot use the earth worms to clone and resurrect the real Shredder but the experiment goes wrong and they accidentally creat a Half Shredder/Half Shark/Half Worm-like creature. So we are deffenatly going to work on that story in the future''.

-.''But the Shredder is not the only villain anymore''.

-.''We still have some team ups running around like Dr. Baxter Stockman and our new character we created called Agent Bishop. That's a storyline we are really going to work on. And then there is also still Hun and The Purple Dragons running around which creates some cool possibilities and storylines to do. We also have just added the villain called the Rat King from our comics which we are going to explore''.

-.''And then there's ofcourse still some groups and villains who we haven't see for some time. We are ofcourse talking about General Blanque, the Triceratons, the Utroms and Dr. Chaplin. We are really going to bring them back as well in the future''.

-.''We have finished the storyline for seasons 5, 6 and 7 already so there's enough for the fans too look forward to''.

Sounds great huh?. Yeah, that's what i think as well!.
Tell me what you people think about it.

That's what one guy commented on imdb, here is another comment from the site.

The real Shredder/Oruko Saki/Charell maybe gone for now (he's trapped on the ice asteroid) but that doesn't say his story is over.

I've seen an interview with ''Kevin Eastman'' and ''Peter Laird'' who told some things about the show's future.

They said the next things:

-.''We almost completed the storyline for seasons 5, 6 and 7 so the fans will have lots to look forward to''.

-.''Even though Shredder is gone now, we want to plan some guest appearances of him in the future. so the Shredder/Oruko Saki/charell will be back but Karai will be and will remain the new leader of the Foot and she will become Female Shredder later on''.

-.''There will also be coming a lot more shredder storylines your way in the future. One of the plans we have is to shoot a 3 part episode that is based on the classic ''The Worms Of Madness'' story arc so the fans could look forward to that. Another one we maybe want to revisit is the ''Eye Of Zarnoth'' story arc from the 1987 tv show. It was a fun storyline and we think we could have gotten a lot more out of it than we did back then''.

-.''Now that Dr. Baxter Stockman is working for Bishop Dr. Chaplan will be working for Karai in the future.

-.''The turtles will also be getting a lot of trouble from ''The Rat King'' in the next seasons. He's a new bad guy and we have many interesting ideas for him''.

-.''We will see a lot of Agent Bishop and Dr. Baxter Stockman in the future. In fact, we have only scratched the surface with Bishop''.

-.Hun and the Purple Dragons will keep being a threat also''.

-.''We also have plans to bring back the Utroms, Triceratons, General Blanque, The Fugitoid, Professor Honeycutt and Leatherhead''.

what do you think??

Chris
08-07-2006, 11:39 AM
I think the interview is a little dodgy given Kevin Eastman has NO involvement in the show.

But that could just be an error and it all came from Peter Laird so some of it is possible.

I personally think the planned "Worms of Madness" 2-3 parter (wasn't this rumored to be in Season 4?) has evolved to become the Ninja Tribunal story arc. I also think that Ninja Tribunal will be the whole arc of TLS but they will bring in the other characters (Hun and Baxter looking for who betrayed tham, Karai, Hun and the Foot with the Shredder angle and also Karai wanting to regain control of the mystics). I think the the "real" Shredder will be some sort of mystic brought back by the Foot Mystics (like in the comics) but will be human rather than shark creature (unlike the comics). It will be this Shredder that the TMNT defeat to conclude their greatest adventure and the 2k3 series as we knew it.

Those comments are mostly about Season 4 (Hun and the Dragons, Baxter and Bishop team up, Karai becoming Shredder)

Interesting that they have plans for another season. I'm guessing that when this interview happened they had plans for 5 (TLS), 6 (FF) and 7 (FF2?). So they have plans for at least Season 6 (whether that's FF Season 2 or a return to the present is anyone's guess, and it's likely those plans could have changed with the network mandate to bring FF forward to S5 and to make the real S5 into TLS).

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 12:14 PM
I think the interview is a little dodgy given Kevin Eastman has NO involvement in the show.

But that could just be an error and it all came from Peter Laird so some of it is possible.

I personally think the planned "Worms of Madness" 2-3 parter (wasn't this rumored to be in Season 4?) has evolved to become the Ninja Tribunal story arc. I also think that Ninja Tribunal will be the whole arc of TLS but they will bring in the other characters (Hun and Baxter looking for who betrayed tham, Karai, Hun and the Foot with the Shredder angle and also Karai wanting to regain control of the mystics). I think the the "real" Shredder will be some sort of mystic brought back by the Foot Mystics (like in the comics) but will be human rather than shark creature (unlike the comics). It will be this Shredder that the TMNT defeat to conclude their greatest adventure and the 2k3 series as we knew it.

Those comments are mostly about Season 4 (Hun and the Dragons, Baxter and Bishop team up, Karai becoming Shredder)

Interesting that they have plans for another season. I'm guessing that when this interview happened they had plans for 5 (TLS), 6 (FF) and 7 (FF2?). So they have plans for at least Season 6 (whether that's FF Season 2 or a return to the present is anyone's guess, and it's likely those plans could have changed with the network mandate to bring FF forward to S5 and to make the real S5 into TLS).

Why do you think Shredder will be human in the cartoon?

Raph's Girl
08-07-2006, 01:15 PM
they accidentally creat a Half Shredder/Half Shark/Half Worm-like creature. So we are deffenatly going to work on that story in the future''.

GAH! Not the Shredder Shark! I don't want the Shredder Shark to be put in the toon! :ohwell: I don't like the Shredder Shark in the comics, I sure as heck don't wanna see him in the toon!

Spitfire
08-07-2006, 01:51 PM
This comes to all of you as a surprise? Shredder is stuck on a frozen asteriod in space how could he be any threat? The real Shredder is mystic or human what ever. Who knows what their going to do.

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 01:52 PM
GAH! Not the Shredder Shark! I don't want the Shredder Shark to be put in the toon! :ohwell: I don't like the Shredder Shark in the comics, I sure as heck don't wanna see him in the toon!
I agree with you 100% but i am afraid we've seen the last of The Shredder and his fab. armor.

ZariusTwo
08-07-2006, 01:57 PM
I remembered were I saw the interviews now. I read them on imdb.com.

...IMDB, Wikipedia, you sure know where to go for "official" sources don't you?:roll:

tortugapower
08-07-2006, 02:12 PM
The Shredder IS in the Lost Season.

Spitfire
08-07-2006, 02:14 PM
The Shredder IS in the Lost Season.
The REAL* Shredder IS in the Lost Season

tortugapower
08-07-2006, 02:23 PM
The REAL* Shredder IS in the Lost Season

exactly. thank you.

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 02:44 PM
...IMDB, Wikipedia, you sure know where to go for "official" sources don't you?:roll:
I told you it could all be bull... I have also stated several times I have no idea what I'm talking about :roll:

Chris
08-07-2006, 04:00 PM
Why do you think Shredder will be human in the cartoon?

I just think human is much more likely than shark creature. The Shredder we know won't (I'm guessing) be in TLS - the "real" Shredder will. To command the Foot Mystics without the need for the Heart of Tengu and to have retained thier loyalty over the last thousand or so years I just think he'd have been a very powerful mystic (this also explains why he's such a great threat).

As I said I think this arc was born from the original intention to do "Worms of Madness" in the cartoon. I think it may have originally been a 2-3 part arc where the Mystics tried to recreate the Utrom Shredder from traces of his DNA (probably using the worms we saw healing him during "City at War") and this goes wrong (as in the comics) to create the worm-Shredder creature. Then the idea expanded to become the Ninja Tribunal, and the "real" Shredder, at which point I believe the shark-Shredder idea would also have gone. I think he'll be human, but he could just as easily be a character similar to the mystics (in fact thinking about it this is possibley more likely than him just being a mystic human).

I have a personal theory that the Utrom Shredder (before he was called Shredder) took a place on the Tribunal to learn about this "real" Shredder. When he bound the mystics to the Heart of Tengu he took the name (maybe even the human name of Oroku Saki could have belonged to this "real" Shredder) and then took the look of the Tribunal (or combined the look of Shredder and the Tribunal) to create the Shredder we knew in the early seasons. Whether or not our Utrom Shredder met or fought the "real" Shredder or if this "real" Shredder was imprisoned/killed long before the Utrom Shredder arrived on Earth I'm not sure, I think either would work.

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 04:04 PM
I just think human is much more likely than shark creature. The Shredder we know won't (I'm guessing) be in TLS - the "real" Shredder will. To command the Foot Mystics without the need for the Heart of Tengu and to have retained thier loyalty over the last thousand or so years I just think he'd have been a very powerful mystic (this also explains why he's such a great threat).

As I said I think this arc was born from the original intention to do "Worms of Madness" in the cartoon. I think it may have originally been a 2-3 part arc where the Mystics tried to recreate the Utrom Shredder from traces of his DNA (probably using the worms we saw healing him during "City at War") and this goes wrong (as in the comics) to create the worm-Shredder creature. Then the idea expanded to become the Ninja Tribunal, and the "real" Shredder, at which point I believe the shark-Shredder idea would also have gone. I think he'll be human, but he could just as easily be a character similar to the mystics (in fact thinking about it this is possibley more likely than him just being a mystic human).

I hope you are right. I really want to see a human Shredder rather than a Worm/SHark Shredder. I wonder if he will sound the same and look similar to the Utrom Shredder, or totally different. I hope he-ll be voiced by Scottie Ray

Buslady
08-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Well duh...Shredder's been exiled, little squidboy is gone. No more. Kaput. There is no more Shreeder....

I dont know much about the supposed "Real" Shreddy, I think that's kinda corny. Karai is Shredder now, she's more dangerous than he ever was it seems.

If this FF season kills the ratings and sales go down, there will be no season 6 and 7...so all that stuff means nothing anymore cause FF IS killing TMNT!

Sewer Bull
08-07-2006, 04:40 PM
I have also stated several times I have no idea what I'm talking about :roll:

Never ever state a thing like that. Never. EVER.

That just ruins your credibility.

gobo
08-07-2006, 06:11 PM
All of the comments about how TLS is going to differ from the comics, such as the real Shredder coming back as human, should not be doubted for one simple reason. If it is a strict adaptation of the books without any tweaks, that wouldn't be very interesting for the people who have read the books. Essentially, it's bad for business. So, can we rule out any adjustments until we have reason to discard the notion??

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 06:16 PM
Never ever state a thing like that. Never. EVER.

That just ruins your credibility.

i was just joking. I actually have my theories on what's going to happen in TLS.

Krangstein
08-07-2006, 06:18 PM
but I must say, if the interview above is true, there will be no more Shredder. Laird says they are going to concentate on other villains. And again, I said IF...

ZariusTwo
08-07-2006, 08:25 PM
I told you it could all be bull... I have also stated several times I have no idea what I'm talking about :roll:

...That's called idiocy.

And if you don't mean what you actually put up, that's also called TROLLING.

And trolling is also akin to idiocy.

Krangstein
08-08-2006, 09:10 AM
...That's called idiocy.

And if you don't mean what you actually put up, that's also called TROLLING.

And trolling is also akin to idiocy.
what do you whant me to say... I was being sarcastic...