PDA

View Full Version : Richard Donner To Work On Action Comics

ZariusTwo
08-10-2006, 12:23 PM
Writer Geoff Jones and Superman movie director Richard Donner will collaberate on the storylines for Action Comics in November, the first story will feature Donner's General Zod, Ursa, and Non facing Superman

DrSpengler
08-10-2006, 12:45 PM
And I vowed never to buy another Superman comic after the Infinite Crisis crossovers.

This is good news for Zod, as Donner's version of the character has always been the best interpretation. They've reimagined him at least THREE times in post-crisis continuity, and all of them have sucked.

First he was an alternate universe Kryptonian, then he was a Russian guy powered by red solar energy, then he was in old man in battle armor trapped in the Phantom Zone...

S*** people! It's not that hard! Just make him like the Terrance Stamp version!!

Anyway, I've been waiting a very, very long time for a GOOD comic book interpretation of Zod. Hopefully this will be it.

FireFly
08-14-2006, 12:11 AM
all i can say is...........

Son of Jor-El kneel before Zod

BartAllen
08-15-2006, 10:05 AM
I hope they dont include the whole,"Kneel before zod" thing. I hated the way he was interpreted in the movie. referring to himself in the third person. Ugh.

ZariusTwo
09-11-2006, 11:03 PM
I hope they dont include the whole,"Kneel before zod" thing. I hated the way he was interpreted in the movie. referring to himself in the third person. Ugh.

...Are you joking? That version of Zod is the only one that's ever been worth anything.

BartAllen
09-18-2006, 05:18 PM
...Are you joking? That version of Zod is the only one that's ever been worth anything.
I will say its the most iconic, I just never liked that version of the character. sorry.

ZariusTwo
10-04-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.ew.com/ew/report/0,6115,1542018_5_0_,00.html

Several scans of the story