PDA

View Full Version : New Turtles movie

RaphaelTMNT23
01-10-2003, 05:13 PM
Wouldn't it be cool if the new Turtles movie was rated PG-13 or even R to incorperate more violence and re-create the essence of the comic book...and original...Turtles. Casey would be at his best in a movie like that, and Raph and Leo would put those sharp weapons to use for a change...I think that would be an interesting twist on the Turtles Big Screen performances

xZAOx
01-10-2003, 05:25 PM
that'd be cool. although id be happy if its in the same vein as the first one, which i thought was a perfect mix of cartoon and comic book turtles.

Greed
01-10-2003, 05:37 PM
I wouldn't mind a pg-13 movie

Stone Ill
01-10-2003, 05:42 PM
Because now you're old enough to see it :wink:

Greed
01-10-2003, 05:49 PM
I look older than I am so I haven't had that problem, comes in handy :evilgrin:

Aztec General
01-10-2003, 05:57 PM
I'll take a movie along the lines of the first one only with more weapons use and a more evil Foot clan.

If this new show takes off I think we can be fairly certain that a new TMNT movie will be in the works.

Tokka-B
01-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Slash....What a youngster.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Greed
01-10-2003, 06:29 PM
Screw you guys I'm going home

SlayerX
01-10-2003, 08:14 PM

*is already home*

screw you guys, im going out :P

Greed
01-10-2003, 08:18 PM
*Crec-it Crec-t Crec-it* :-? :-? :-?

Stone Ill
01-10-2003, 08:45 PM
What the f*** is a Crecit?

Greed
01-10-2003, 09:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :evilgrin: :flaming:

Stone Ill
01-10-2003, 09:04 PM
That's not even a word, dumbass. :evilgrin:

Greed
01-10-2003, 09:07 PM
err dur, are-tard

Stone Ill
01-10-2003, 09:10 PM
...? Ok, then...Let's get back on subject.

R-iZZy
01-10-2003, 10:55 PM
im sensing some hostility... i dont know... it might just be me.

R-iZZy
01-10-2003, 10:58 PM
:tlol: :lol: idk... maybe i'm just really sleepy. But it's only 1:00 AM. That's not even near when i get to sleep. HAHA...

Revolver
01-10-2003, 11:33 PM
I would love it if there was another movie and it was much more graphic and mature.

R-iZZy
01-11-2003, 12:21 AM
yes... we need to see if the turtles can truly go the distance to complete their tasks. You'd hope by now, they'd have an idea of the turtles growing up a bit more. Oh well, but let's hope that if(when) they do make another turtle movie... it would be much more graphic and serious than their second and third movies. They need to keep the edginess of the first movie, but make it a bit more modern.

BTW... welcome aboard the technodrome's forum, Revolver! *gives Revolver a welcome mango* Here ya go. Don't tell anyone i gave you this. I don't think i have a license to give mangos to newcomers, so keep it on the downlow... if u got this mango, u got it from Kali... ok? Oh, and I hope you can tolerate craziness, cuz there's plenty of that!!!

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay.

Kali
01-11-2003, 09:08 AM
Yeah, welcome aboard, Revolver.

I would love to see a PG-13 Turtles movie. But until then, I'll settle for PG-13/R fan fics.

Sparvid
01-11-2003, 10:36 AM
Personally, I would like to see a R-rated movie.
However, I don't think it would make as much money as a PG-13 one, so for the best for the TMNT in general, a movie should not me highrer than that...

Karpo_007
01-11-2003, 11:27 AM
Anything more than PG-13 is dreaming, and even that might never happen. The new show is targeted at kids, So of course the film company would want them for the movie audience too.

Dontebell
01-11-2003, 11:53 AM
I like PG-13 and PG movie of the ninja turtles and if they do make a fourth movie I hope they have the guy who do the voice for michelangelo in ninja turtles 1,2 and 3

BigThew
01-11-2003, 01:30 PM
TMNT will never be r rated...TMNTis set to make money and will follow the lines of the cartoon and take some from Mirage as well...and the cartoon is directed towards kids..so wil the movie..hence i would doubt there will ever be an R rated TMNT unless a directors cut DVD would ever come out for the next movie

Reznorite420
01-11-2003, 04:41 PM
Revolver:

PLEASE...CHANGE...YOUR...AVATAR...FOR...THE...SAKE ...OF...MY...SANITY...

Kali
01-11-2003, 07:46 PM
Aww, I like his avatar. :D

R-iZZy
01-11-2003, 07:56 PM
:lol: i bet ur still mad at the removal of NC-17 fics from ff.net. ur not the only one... oh, dont look at me. I'm sure there's other women/men around the globe that would've loved to read free romance novels. Some of them were probably good, seeing how many reviews they had!!!

Anyway, maybe someday they'll make em edgy with lots and lots of gore (yeah right :trolleye: ). Anyway, I would like to see a PG-13 version of moveis. But fanfics give a good mental picture. i hope mine do as well.

Kali
01-11-2003, 08:19 PM
:lol: i bet ur still mad at the removal of NC-17 fics from ff.net. ur not the only one... oh, dont look at me. I'm sure there's other women/men around the globe that would've loved to read free romance novels. Some of them were probably good, seeing how many reviews they had!!!
Aww, no, I'm not mad, all those fics found a good home. :D Including my own. Like any other type of story there were very good ones and really, really, bad ones.

Besides, it would be really awkward to see up on the screen. As for the Mirage comics, I wouldn't even rate those R so TMNT at it's worst is for a PG-13 and up audience in my opinion. (The Image comics are another story.) But PG is good, I generally don't like movies with too much swearing and gratuitous violence never did any movie any good. And the bigger the target audience, the more money they make, and let's face it, money rules all in this world.

Revolver
01-12-2003, 03:52 PM
Hey all, thanks for the warm welcome, I've been lurking for a little while and just recently decided to register.

What's wrong with my avatar? It is because it's from Next Mutation? I can understand since that show was really bad, but I think the main four turtles costumes were actually well done, and that being the only thing done well in that show, unfortunately.

Nickokapo
01-12-2003, 04:04 PM
:-? Your avatar seems fine to me...i didn't liked the next mutation all that much but i liked the turtle costumes anyways so i don't see any problems :P
It'd be fun to see reznorite go crazy anyways...i mean crazier than he already is ;) :P
Oh, yeah welcome :D

Reznorite420
01-12-2003, 06:12 PM
What's wrong with my avatar? It is because it's from Next Mutation?YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x :x :x :x :x

R-iZZy
01-12-2003, 08:46 PM
Aww, no, I'm not mad, all those fics found a good home. :D Including my own. Like any other type of story there were very good ones and really, really, bad ones.

Besides, it would be really awkward to see up on the screen. As for the Mirage comics, I wouldn't even rate those R so TMNT at it's worst is for a PG-13 and up audience in my opinion. (The Image comics are another story.) But PG is good, I generally don't like movies with too much swearing and gratuitous violence never did any movie any good. And the bigger the target audience, the more money they make, and let's face it, money rules all in this world.Oh, why is money my sovereign? It makes no sense how strips of paper painted green with dead presidents on them make them valuable. well, making them green must have a part in it.

But anyway, i guess the mirage series wasn't all that R-ish. But let's face it, it had some pretty great storylines. The Savanti Romero plot. I loved that!!! I wish he were part of the animated series, because Romero was one heck of an antogonist. He was big, beastly, and mean! What more could u ask for? a turtle with spikes with a bad attitude? Wait, didn't they make a character like that? :tlol:

Karpo_007
01-13-2003, 02:36 AM
I wouldn't say that Mirage TMNT are very violent. Sure there are some battles, but There is no gore in it. It'sdone with really good style.

beaker
01-13-2003, 05:56 AM
Well sadly, with the canning of the cgi film...I think the next logical step would be a live action TMNT again. But I would like to see a return of course to the darker edgier roots as Im sure were all hoping for. I think in this day an age a pg-13 is almost neccesary, but I could go with a pg maybe. I believe the Jim Henson Creature Shop would have to be involved.
With all the new technology out these days(Matrix effects, slick design, etc) and new advances in puppetry/animatronics(along of course with cgi) this could be a pretty ambitious film. I wont lie...the only TMNT film I love is the first one. Dark, gritty, just plain epic. I remember when they tried to sell the Next Mutation pilot film as 'TMNT 4' almost at video stores, I was thinking to myself it was even better than that abomination TMNT 3.

So yes...live action, puppetry, animatronics, smart script, a return to good form but with a new ambitious direction. I definately see Shredder back.

Karpo_007
01-13-2003, 07:02 AM
I don't care much of the rest TMNT movies either. Well al the future TMNT projects depends on the success of this new cartoon.

R-iZZy
01-13-2003, 07:59 AM
and hopefully, it will be a success.

MzTheInsomniac
01-13-2003, 11:24 AM
im usually optimistic about these things but i dont think it will be a sucess

Karpo_007
01-13-2003, 11:30 AM
There isn't any reason why it wouldn't be.

MzTheInsomniac
01-13-2003, 11:39 AM
cuz it is a 4th movie and i think people say, o thats stupid, and not waste money on it

tekcop
01-13-2003, 12:57 PM
cuz it is a 4th movie
Yes, but they would obviously advertise it as a completely new movie.

Karpo_007
01-13-2003, 01:36 PM
Yeah. They wont be making another sequel, thats pretty sure.