PDA

View Full Version : TMNT NES Speed Run

Ecto Jedi
09-10-2006, 06:58 PM
For anyone who's never beaten the original Ninja Turtles NES game, (I know I could never get past the Turtle wagon part), or for those just looking to relive some great 8-bit memories, here's a video of the game being played end-to-end. Great stuff!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_hLTKWF8zw

I especially like the part where Shredder implodes after being defeated. And check out that pic of Splinter in human form -- looks like something from a G. I. Joe game.

Jon
09-10-2006, 07:40 PM
For anyone who's never beaten the original Ninja Turtles NES game, (I know I could never get past the Turtle wagon part), or for those just looking to relive some great 8-bit memories, here's a video of the game being played end-to-end. Great stuff!

You and me both, pal. The game was a cute one, but that Turtle Wagon area was just plain crazy! Roam around trying to find where-the-heck I'm supposed to go -- blowing up the barricades, and checking buildings. But to no avail.

09-12-2006, 03:25 PM
Well, now that we're on the subject of this awful game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYQ7ZkhRgI

ZariusTwo
09-21-2006, 10:09 PM
...The game was'nt awful, what's awful is the state of video games now being more like lameass RPGs with movie like plots and pretentious acting rather than jabbing buttons and leaping over obstacles, this was one of the most diffiuclt NES titles of all, and one of the most succesful.

Most game "fans" today don't know difficulty from thier ass, or what an actual video game is, everything is about story and less on gameplay, I puke over any system that is'nt a Gameboy DS, at least their emphisis is on video games and not ending stupid Halo shoot em ups on cliffhangers.

OA
10-23-2006, 08:54 AM
Well, now that we're on the subject of this awful game...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CZYQ7ZkhRgI

OMG...that was TOO funny!! :lol: What's sad is that I agree with most of it....

Spitfire
10-23-2006, 04:00 PM
...The game was'nt awful, what's awful is the state of video games now being more like lameass RPGs with movie like plots and pretentious acting rather than jabbing buttons and leaping over obstacles, this was one of the most diffiuclt NES titles of all, and one of the most succesful.

Most game "fans" today don't know difficulty from thier ass, or what an actual video game is, everything is about story and less on gameplay, I puke over any system that is'nt a Gameboy DS, at least their emphisis is on video games and not ending stupid Halo shoot em ups on cliffhangers.
DMC is a very diffcult game, Oblivion is impossible on the max setting because they throw tons of high level enemys at you and no matter how good you are at fighting your screwed.

It's called turning the diffculty up. Ever heard of doing that? Maybe this game should have added that. It was for KIDS you know. KIDS don't like hard games because KIDS don't have the paitence for them.

Yes most games now of days are crappy FPS games with lots of eye candy but in reality they all play the same. As long as they have "Rag Doll" then everyone pees themselves.

Or their RPGs with metrosexual 12 year old boys in an anime style with their hair spiked to the sky. They run around with big weapons and chicks throw themselves at them but they don't talk so they never get any. That and all the storys are the same "You killed my lover I hate you" "You blew up my planet I hate you" "Your a big monster I have to kill you" "I must save the world I HATE YOU" Toally cool.

Yes alot of these games are crap, but in this crap there are some gold nuggets. Like Devil may Cry, which is a diffcult game and alota casual gamers bitch about that. Or Okami, which is very easy but it's an awesome game none the less because of how it plays. Look around the gaming world isn't as bleak as you think.

Ecto Jedi
10-30-2006, 09:58 AM

I like your upbeat attitude, ZariusTwo. :roll:

Brian
10-30-2006, 03:48 PM
I could never get past the Dam part, and when I did, I only had 1 or 2 turtles left.

KROW
11-01-2006, 12:52 AM
Cool. I love speed runs. Thanks for the link, Ecto.

Deathknight
11-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Speed runs are amusing but that one is kind of old. Though just so you all know, that and every other speedrun in existance uses save states. One of these days I need to get around to beating the original TMNT on NES. Best I ever did was once I got about 20 feet away from Shredders door and then died.

discordiatookie
11-04-2006, 02:29 PM
that was great! i never even got past the underwater level, so thats the first time i've seen the rest of the game! woa! the turtle wagon level is just crazy hehe

Mr._Mutant_Man
11-15-2006, 03:02 PM
I was never able to get past the turtle van part on my own, but I couple of years ago I managed to beat it via cheats and an emulator. It was one of those games I wanted to see the ending of really badly.

dejawolf
11-21-2006, 12:02 AM
think i beat it twice when i was a kid. never thought about just running past those bastard spacesuit dudes in the technodrome.
had michelangelo loaded up with boomerangs heheh.
also never knew there was a pizza house before in the "dark level"

Coola Yagami
01-07-2007, 12:12 AM
lmao that review of the TMNT game was the funniest thing I ever seen in a while. At least I learned that you can just walk over that annoying gap that pissed me off so many times.

mikey2007
01-09-2007, 04:11 PM
the farthest i ever got without using an emulator was to the airforce base, then i would get really frustrated cuz i would die

dante1st
02-26-2007, 02:29 AM
I actually beat this game, but it was hard as hell, I barely remember beating Shredder. It was so traumatic an experience.

ThirdMarioBro
02-26-2007, 05:09 AM
I've only beaten that goddamn thing one single time when I was a kid, and I took out a friend's controller with it, and gave myself a nose bleed. Never managed it again. When it hits the VC (its confirmed btw), I get my goddamn revenge.

Kendamu
02-26-2007, 07:19 AM
I've beaten it once without cheats.

Looks like I'll get to frustrate myself all over again with the VC version.

Mr._Mutant_Man
02-26-2007, 07:55 PM
Even with Game Genie cheats Shredder can still kill your turtles with one hit of his anti-mutation gun.