PDA

View Full Version : Fu*k everybody, I'm leaving!

ThirdMarioBro
11-10-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, that trick doesn't work anymore does it :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I'm out for the next week. Doing the same bullsh*t as usual, but for those who don't know the story, allow me to explain the bain of my existence...relatives.

Every year, we have this goddamn family reunion in the backwoods. I'm not a fan of this. In fact, I can't stand most/any/all of those people to any rational extent, but my dad does. So why do I go? Because if I don't go, neither does my dad. He had a stroke several years ago after his burn accident, and to be able to go stay out in the deer woods for that amount of time, he's got to have someone down there to manage his 20+ medications three times a day, two daily insulin shots, and all that other miserable stuff. His ignorant brothers down there couldn't do it if they wanted to, so it falls to me. I honestly don't know how many more years he will even be healthy enough to make the trip, so I try to do everything I can to help him enjoy his time down there while he can still enjoy it, even though it lands at the absolute worst time for me. That's why I'm going to be gone this next week. Usually, it lands earlier in the month, but that's not the case this time.

So yeah, I'm going to have to drive about 24 hours or so to get home in time to pick up my Wii, and then stand out in the cold, freezing, with my allergies undoubtedly fairing up (like they always do at this time of the year). It'll be hell to make it back in time, but I have to do it.

So yeah, do me a favor guys. Play Gears of War co-op or something when I get home. I'm going to need it, because I'll be sick as hell when I get back.

See you all in a week. I'm off to redneck hell now.

Anarky
11-10-2006, 01:27 PM
Ugh, sorry to hear that. But on the other hand side it is nice to know that there's people out there who actually still care for what their family members want and take sacrifices for it.

So try your best to enjoy yourself and drink some beer. It dulls the pain.

gobo
11-10-2006, 01:32 PM
What noble sacrifices you make in the name of family... *mad respect*

11-10-2006, 02:44 PM
Damn, and I thought you were leaving for good. Always getting my hopes up, and they come crashing down. Well, see ya in a week, loser. Get that bald spot shined while you're gone, too.

GOT 'EM!

Mecha Cow
11-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Am I imagining things or did you make this exact same joke last year? :lol:

Try to have fun man, see you in a week.

ThirdMarioBro
11-10-2006, 08:50 PM
and last week and the week before that.

Hannah
11-10-2006, 10:00 PM
EW giving other people insulin shots must suck.

ThirdMarioBro
11-10-2006, 11:29 PM
i just fix them up. i dont give them

Jo Dawn
11-10-2006, 11:51 PM
Well, hope everything goes as well as possible for you.

Like you said, your dad enjoys it, so help him by trying to enjoy it, too. I'm sure that would make him happy.

I know all about not liking some family members... but just remember... they are family, and it makes your dad happy. So go, make the best of it, and be safe.

See you soon! :)

Ra
11-11-2006, 04:54 AM
Fu*k everybody, I'm leaving!...

Yeah, that trick doesn't work anymore does it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Smile and nod guys. Smile and nod :lol: ;)

Shame to see you go out for the week. I know how it is with going to the same place for holidays for the exact same time to the exact same place every year. Hope you come back without any bullet holes in your head and what not :) Just be thankful that it isn't for a month... o_O