PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL NEW EP DISCUSSION for 25Nov06: "The Freaks Come Out at Night"

gobo
11-15-2006, 08:33 AM
No synopsis or ep# just yet, but it's great to know that they won't be wasting time (as gently as I could put it without lying) with more than one rerun. If FF has become two 13-ep seasons, and they plan on releasing a DVD that will hopefully hold that many the first Tuesday in February, there aren't many stops along the way. Capisce? But, I got the feeling that this ep may include a quadro of genetically engineered new characters. Call it a hunch.

Raph's Girl
11-15-2006, 08:41 AM
And just remember folks... this ep airs at 11am instead of 9:30.

And is it just me or are alot of these FF eps the titles of songs??? *sings* They only come out at night....

R-iZZy
11-15-2006, 10:11 AM
Sounds like the episode could be the most raunchy one yet.

But of course, this is a Saturday morning show.

Sage Ninja
11-15-2006, 10:54 AM
another time?! WTF!!! these people really don't want me to see this series do they?

Jon
11-15-2006, 10:59 AM
another time?! WTF!!! these people really don't want me to see this series do they?

Actually, they likely do. You just gotta get the time. :) :) Or set a VCR.

Drtooth
11-15-2006, 01:18 PM
And just remember folks... this ep airs at 11am instead of 9:30.

Yeah! Moving the timeslot around 3 or 4 times per season won't hurt viewership one bit. SO does this mean they're gonna get rid of YuGiOh classic?

Dammit... these people really don't know how to run a network, do they?

Chris
11-15-2006, 02:18 PM
Summary from the official site;

After an outing downtown, Mikey starts behaving strangely – as in super strength, green-slime-spewing strangely. The reason, the Turtles soon discover, is that Mikey has been “implanted” by one of Sh’Okanabo’s “gene-seeds”. Sh’Okanabo has begun his first test of introducing the seeds into the general population in order to propagate his alien race, transforming ordinary folks into monstrous Kanabo drones! But will our heroes be able to stop him before becoming “implanted” themselves?

Jon
11-15-2006, 03:20 PM
Summary from the official site;

After an outing downtown, Mikey starts behaving strangely – as in super strength, green-slime-spewing strangely. The reason, the Turtles soon discover, is that Mikey has been “implanted” by one of Sh’Okanabo’s “gene-seeds”. Sh’Okanabo has begun his first test of introducing the seeds into the general population in order to propagate his alien race, transforming ordinary folks into monstrous Kanabo drones! But will our heroes be able to stop him before becoming “implanted” themselves?

Oh, man. That is nasty! But sounds good, too.

***Shades of X-Men's Brood, anyone?!? :)

Raph's Girl
11-15-2006, 03:48 PM
After an outing downtown, Mikey starts behaving strangely – as in super strength, green-slime-spewing strangely. The reason, the Turtles soon discover, is that Mikey has been “implanted” by one of Sh’Okanabo’s “gene-seeds”.

Remember when they first found out that Shredder was an Utrom and Mikey was worried that he would be implanted?? Poor Mikey.. :lol:

CyberCubed
11-15-2006, 04:03 PM
I'm confused as to how they can split FF into two seasons yet blow through the first 13 episodes by the end of this year.

Does that mean we have to wait for the last 13 episodes of FF until September? How does this honestly make sense to have 6 months of no new eps?

Gary
11-15-2006, 04:13 PM
It's a lot more than 6 months.

Eureka, a show on Sci-Fi, only had 13 eps for their first season. They aired them without any reruns until the finale. They're scheduled to shoot the second season in the spring.

Warhorse
11-15-2006, 06:58 PM
You want to talk about a short season. A police drama I used to watch called Homicide: Life on the Street, debut it's second season with only 4 episodes. It eventually became a cult hit with much bigger seasons, but I guess some shows take a while to get it's foot hold.

Nexxorcist
11-16-2006, 01:10 AM
Dammit... these people really don't know how to run a network, do they?

hahaha, pretty much.

Ra
11-16-2006, 01:29 AM
Remember when they first found out that Shredder was an Utrom and Mikey was worried that he would be implanted?? Poor Mikey.. :lol:
He's so going to freak :lol: Either that or wants to re-establish his old superhero role as "The Spewer". No criminal is safe! Beware, for The Spewer will leave his mark upon you. Ew...

Yet another time change? Why can't they settle upon a good time? Even though I don't watch it (you guys have the privlege of that), I'm annoyed by all of this "time change" talk. Well, not talk, but the actual time change. The network really should have a time cemented in as soon as they have a show running. Oi :roll:

Sage Ninja
11-16-2006, 01:12 PM
So to be clear it comes on this up comeing saturday at 11:00 A.M instead of 9:30 A.M? Jeez, I'm going to have to shuck out a few bucks and get my VCR fixed because there is no way I'm getting up at 9:30 in the morning on a saturday when I don't have to. They are really making it hard on the 18 and over audiance aren't they?

So Mikey gets implanted/possesed? This isn't a good season for Mikey. First he pisses off the gradson of his personal hero, then he gets body jacked at a social function, now he is implanted with slime spoors and oozes every where. Wonderful. :lol:

Jon
11-16-2006, 01:25 PM
[QUOTE=Sage Ninja;442645]So to be clear it comes on this up comeing saturday at 11:00 A.M instead of 9:30 A.M? Jeez, I'm going to have to shuck out a few bucks and get my VCR fixed because there is no way I'm getting up at 9:30 in the morning on a saturday when I don't have to. They are really making it hard on the 18 and over audiance aren't they?
[QUOTE]

No, this ep. is -next- Sat. This coming weekend has a re-run.

cowabunga14
11-16-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm glad we some got early info on this episode cuz that makes it worth waiting for. I won't have to worry about recording an episode this Saturday, especially since I won't be home for a good portion of the day. So, after all that Thanksgiving food and brouhaha, I figure this episode'll be a good way to wind down and relax once we've had enough hardcore turkey eating. :D

Raph's Girl
11-18-2006, 07:55 AM
ARGH! Yahoo changed the time again... it's back on at 9:30am for the 25th. :ohwell:

gobo
11-18-2006, 08:17 AM
I figured it would. It seems like the timeslots aren't written in stone until a week from airdate. The same thing happened with the last ep or two.

Whitewolf89
11-18-2006, 12:15 PM
ARGH! Yahoo changed the time again... it's back on at 9:30am for the 25th. :ohwell:

That will make it at 8:30 AM MY time (CST), which is when they're BEEN coming on for awhile now. Sweet.

As for the title, I think Mikey made a reference to it back in the Season 4 "All Hallows' Thieves" ep, before the boys started fighting the Thieving God idol.

Duke
11-25-2006, 09:09 AM
Not a bad episode and thankfully, Splinter finally acted like Splinter. I must say that Fast Forward is finally starting to grow on me. It's not the 2k3 series, but it isn't the complete garbage I'd thought it be either.

syk_skillz
11-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Best episode yet of the series. almost felt like the 2k3 series.

CyberCubed
11-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Surprising, I thought the episode was much weaker than the previous couple of weeks. Much more routine too, meh.

The previous episodes of FF seemed to be building up to something more exciting, but this one just wasn't as good.

Raph's Girl
11-25-2006, 11:30 AM
This ep was...kinda filler-ish. Yes we learned a bit about Sho'kanobo's background but there really wasn't
a point to it. Ooh sunlight destroys the Konobo.... :P The fun part was the plug in for Famous Jays.
I've seen specials on the discovery channel, learning channel, ect on Famous Jays. Seeing the evil pigeon
again was kinda funny...it's like whenever there's a mutation there's a pigeon to be mutated.

But yay! Raph saved the day! Oh and um Cody sorta too... :P

Now I wonder how Sho'konobo will get rid of the sun...cuz you just know he'll do that... :P

Oh and the title of this ep was totally misleading... the freaks come out at night? Um... no.. not really since it was never night time in this ep!

Now for a couple questions:
1: Why didn't sunlight effect the pigeon?
2: Where did the pigeon go?

Quotes:

"Meditation helps but I also have earplugs!" - Splinter

As for next week: Dark Turtles!!

blue_angel99
11-25-2006, 12:28 PM
Good Episode! I rate it 7 out of 10. I was kinda grossed out by the belching though, but it was funny seein Leo and Splinter lettin' 'em rip too.:lol: It was strange cause they seem so out of character.

Next weeks clip: DARK TURTLES! :o

Duke
11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
This was the first episode were Splinter actually seemed mostly in character, with mediation, compassion for his Sons, and not setting around looking stupid with his soaps. Hopefully this trend will continue.

cowabunga14
11-25-2006, 12:43 PM
I feel depressed that I didn't get to see this episode -- mainly cuz I overslept...:ohwell: I guess I'll wait for 4Kids to rerun it or have a member do the favor of putting it on YouTube.

AquaParade
11-25-2006, 12:55 PM
I missed it too...actually to be honest, i knew i was missing it but didnt have the urge to go turn it on...i was half-busy you could say. Anyone see any clips from the dark turtles episode? Hows it look?

Raph's Girl
11-25-2006, 01:48 PM
I missed it too...actually to be honest, i knew i was missing it but didnt have the urge to go turn it on...i was half-busy you could say. Anyone see any clips from the dark turtles episode? Hows it look?

Yea...the clip showed the turtles meeting the dark turtles.

"Who are you?!"

Dark Mike: "We're you but with major issues!" :lol:

Spike Spiegel
11-25-2006, 01:50 PM
I feel depressed that I didn't get to see this episode -- mainly cuz I overslept...:ohwell: I guess I'll wait for 4Kids to rerun it or have a member do the favor of putting it on YouTube.

Man, because of YouTube, I haven't even watched 4Kids in nearly a month now.

Jester
11-25-2006, 03:35 PM
Yea...the clip showed the turtles meeting the dark turtles.

"Who are you?!"

Dark Mike: "We're you but with major issues!" :lol:
Actually (cause it's all i saw) Dark Mikey said, "Made from your tissues, but with major issues." I had it set to record....1/2 an hour after the fact...and since I tell it to record a couple minutes of buffer on either end, i got the last bit of the episode and the preview for next week...hopefully I can see it soon.

Nexxorcist
11-25-2006, 03:53 PM
Good Episode! I rate it 7 out of 10. I was kinda grossed out by the belching though, but it was funny seein Leo and Splinter lettin' 'em rip too.:lol: It was strange cause they seem so out of character.

Everybody Pukes. hehe

Shadow Wolf75
11-25-2006, 06:17 PM
Yeah, was a decent episode. For a while there I was almost thinking it was gonna be a two-parter, what with everybody but Raph getting turned into a drone. The sunlight was a bit of a copout, but it sorta goes with Sho'kanabo more or less being a living shadow, it's the whole light versus dark thing.

I feel sorry for Serling, though. The poor guy always ends up getting damaged and then everyone else just leaves him there to fend for himself! Yeah, I know they had important stuff to do, but Don or Cody could've took a minute to do some field repairs or something. I dunno, I just don't like characters getting neglected by their so called friends . . .

gobo
11-26-2006, 12:22 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this one. I even found the jokes to be funny. Again, it was a shining example of a good Fast Forward episode. Perhaps the number of decent eps in a row made me more receptive...

Everyone seemed in-character. Some think that Leo belching was out-of-character, but he is just a kid after all. He grew out of his so-serious-it-hurts phase from season 4. Raph had the opportunity to show off his leadership abilities by saving everyone on purpose, but he stumbled on the answer out of sheer dumb luck instead. Then, the writers ignored the opportunity to have Raph come up with a heroic tall-tale of how he saved the day. Is Raph really not interested in beating Mikey at his own game anymore?

Even though the plot was a tad transparent from its exposition, the action kept coming too fast for me to care.

The three things that made me roll my eyes were:
The thing about the pigeon that Raph's Girl mentioned. It flew through sunlight. So, the inconsistency just seems like lazy planning. But, it was forgivable since that's the kind of imperfections that differentiate American animation from anime. I would expect no better from most American 'toons.
How dumb can Mikey get? Relish is not purple! But, since NinjaTurtles.com suggests that he was supposed to spew green slime, there must have been a last-minute recoloring to make the junk look more Sh'Okanabo-like. So, that was reasonable.
Raph: Well, there goes all the evidence of Sh'Okanabo's plot
Cody: We know the truth.
WTF are they talking about?? What evidence did he leave in that building? This is the only thing that really bugged me. Those lines were used for dramatic effect, not because they made any contextual sense. If I dwell on it too much, it will ruin the whole ep for me. So, on to better things... ^_^

Similarly, there were three instances that had me blowing soda out of my nose (excellent for clearing your sinuses). I'll arrange them in countdown fashion.
Donnie: What's going on?
Splinter: *belch* And, why do I taste raw hot dogs?
Serling: Someday, you must show me how you manage to tune them out.
Splinter: My meditation grants me serenity, but earplugs don't hurt either.
Donnie: Everybody, stay back.
Mi'kanabo: (Growls and bats Donnie across the room)
Donnie: (Nonchalantly) Yeah. This is a safe distance.

The comedy was a much stronger influence than the nit-picks. So, I give this ep four and a quarter Famous Jay's hot dogs out of five. If they continue getting better, I'll have to reconsider getting the DVD in February. It still depends on things like bonus features or when we'll get an American DVD release of The Lost Season (since I refuse to get FF first), etc.

J Legault
11-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Average episode, but least the jokes made up for that.

I like how they mentioned that cloning is already a common thing in 2105. The owner of Jays is the clone of the original owner.

And I laugh when the turtles are enjoying original Hot Dogs, since these past few episodes kept stating that there's less fast food in 2105.

Aska_Badoura
11-26-2006, 02:11 PM
This month has been insane... haven't been able to watch Turtles when I normally do... didn't get to see the one from two weeks ago till that Friday, and then the electricity went out when I tried to tape the one from last week, so I didn't get it... or so I thought. I popped in my tape to watch yesterday's ep, only to find that it did get last week's ep (and I don't know how, since the lights did go out before it aired)! Last week I'd figured it wasn't worth checking the tape, cuz it would only disappoint me... but there it was, so I saw two eps today.. ah, the Monks from the Jammerhead ep cracked me up.. the Force, sheesh. And seeing the pic of April and Casey was sniffly. I miss them. :ohwell:

Yesterday's ep was interesting... I thought a bit of Donny's mutation at the end of Season 4, and a little of Leatherhead's dreamscape Turtles.

I thought they should have made it a little more clear that the sunlight only kills the seedling Konabo... Sh'okanabo himself had no problem with sunlight. And it also seemed to be direct sunlight, rather than filtered and/or reflected light, but that didn't necessarily come across well, either. Eh, it was still fun.

LOL, Mike was the one carrying the pretty girl this time, instead of Don. I dunno why I notice these things... ;)

The burping... eh, the new environment is encouraging bad habits? :|
I'd say "poor Serling", but I think that's a given by now. But part of what makes him so charming is that he takes it all in stride. He hasn't run down the street screaming yet. ;)

Nano
11-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I thought this was a good episode until they realized sunlight would solve the problem. I was really hoping for a 2 parter where Raph is on his own trying to figure out what to do, and right before the last commercial it looked like that was going to happen. The jokes were pretty funny in this one. I thought though this seemed too similar to the body jacker episode where some entity takes over the Turtles body. The show displays more promise with each episode, but I may lose interest in it before they get to the good episodes.

Drtooth
11-27-2006, 12:26 PM
And is it just me or are alot of these FF eps the titles of songs??? *sings* They only come out at night....

You know... I had a funny comeback to that, but I can't for the life of me remeber it I swear, you would all have been laughing...

Anyway, mindless burp jokes aside (Animaniacs sorta desensitized me to laughing at burp jokes. I mean, after all they did burp several classical movements) this was a pretty good episode. I mean, it did forshadow something really cool to come. I mean, because the sun will counter act the genetic restructuring, who's to say this is Shokenabo's (sp? It took me forever just to get his name right.) only attempt?

BUt am I the only one who saw the sunlight playing a factor a mile away with the title, "Freaks come out at NIGHT?"

How dumb can Mikey get? Relish is not purple! But, since NinjaTurtles.com suggests that he was supposed to spew green slime, there must have been a last-minute recoloring to make the junk look more Sh'Okanabo-like. So, that was reasonable.

I dunno! Maybe it's SPACE relish. But then again, Mikey is stupid, and that's pretty much the only "Mikey is stupid" joke that made me laugh all season.

BTW, anyone else bust a gut with the "Futurama-ish" joke about them cloning the original Jay?

Duke
11-28-2006, 09:34 AM
Hmm...It kind of surprising that past episodes have gotten a lot more discussion than this one. As in my opinion it was definitely one of the best FF with the exception of the rushed ending. I guess people just really do love to hate fast forward and have absolutely nothing to say when they realize that atleast a part of them enjoyed it.

CyberCubed
11-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Hmm...It kind of surprising that past episodes have gotten a lot more discussion than this one. As in my opinion it was definitely one of the best FF with the exception of the rushed ending. I guess people just really do love to hate fast forward and have absolutely nothing to say when they realize that atleast a part of them enjoyed it.

That's because while this ep was decent, it wasn't as good as the last couple of weeks.

The recent Jammerhead one, Inuwashi Gunjin one, Turtle Titan ep, etc. were better than this episode.

Maybe it's because the Darius Dun arc is a bit more interesting than the Shok'onobo arc. The writers have two stories going on at once and next week looks like they combine to an extent.

Duke
11-28-2006, 10:34 AM
That's because while this ep was decent, it wasn't as good as the last couple of weeks.I disagree. I think this was the by far the best episode of Fast Forward. I'm not saying it was the episode that I enjoyed the most, but i think it was the by far the best overall episode. It was the best episode because the everyone acted in character for the first time. Splinter was actually Splinter and Raph showed some of the majority he had gained in the later parts of the 2k3 series. Plus, Leo wasn't captured like an idiot like he was in the horror movie episode. Instead it took an insider (his brother) who was infected to get close enough to infect him. Everyone acted so much more like the 2K3 characters. And I didn't mind Cody nearly as bad when he was infected, although it only lasted a few seconds. I was really hoping his human DNA would cause him to be premanately trapped like that.

Masked Ninja
11-28-2006, 12:18 PM
I know I've mostly given up on it... I don't have my own TV and that makes it difficult to begin with, and the beginning eps of FF convinced me that it wasn't worth the effort to find a TV and watch. In a residence hall, the TVs are in the open... and while I wasn't embarrassed to be caught watching 2k3, I would be embarrassed to be caught watching this. And that's ignoring the fact that the art style (and to a lesser extent, the animation) hurts my eyes.

And recently Youtube was blocked from the on campus network (I've been hearing everything from "the stress streaming video puts on it" to "inappropriate content" ...either way, it sucks) so it looks like I'll have to bend over even further to watch it.

And I just don't have the motivation. I'd sooner watch my 2k3 DVDs, or maybe even something else.

That said, if the Dark Turtles are up for next week, I may try to catch it... as it's the only part of FF's premise I found vaguely interesting. *shrug* That's why I've been keeping up on the talkbacks, if not the episodes themselves. I want to know what happens, but I'm not really pumped to actually watch the thing to find out.

But, it was forgivable since that's the kind of imperfections that differentiate American animation from anime. I would expect no better from most American 'toons.Ohoho. I'm going to pretend you didn't say that. :lol:

Drtooth
11-28-2006, 01:05 PM
I know I've mostly given up on it... I don't have my own TV and that makes it difficult to begin with, and the beginning eps of FF convinced me that it wasn't worth the effort to find a TV and watch. In a residence hall, the TVs are in the open... and while I wasn't embarrassed to be caught watching 2k3, I would be embarrassed to be caught watching this. And that's ignoring the fact that the art style (and to a lesser extent, the animation) hurts my eyes.

Honestly, If I had the ability, I'd copy some tapes and give it to people for free. But I do not have access to that equiptment. I still wonder how long things stay on Youtube before they are uncerimoniously pulled off the site, due to copywrite issues. I'd think that something like FF (being current) would be the first to go.

I know 4Kids used to have streaming video at their site. I saw an episode of Kirby with a friend to show it to him for the first time at their site.

CyberCubed
11-28-2006, 04:51 PM
It was the best episode because the everyone acted in character for the first time.

Aside from Splinter being mostly useless, I think everyone has always been in character from the getgo. Aside from Raph yelling, "Cowabunga" and Donny naming his inventions, these are the same damn Turtles from the previous seasons.

VaughnMichael
11-29-2006, 03:31 AM
Aside from Splinter being mostly useless, I think everyone has always been in character from the getgo. Aside from Raph yelling, "Cowabunga" and Donny naming his inventions, these are the same damn Turtles from the previous seasons.
While I'm some one who likes the show I've got to say throw Leo in as well he's really off to me untill now. That thing with him getting snatched up so easily in the horror movie episode botherd the living hell out of me more so than anything else in fast forward so far.:|

VaughnMichael
12-12-2006, 02:40 AM
Mmmmk I finally got to see this episode. So what do I think I like the idea and all I think it's pretty safe to say Sh'okanobo is the Lord Dregg of the new TMNT though.
The pigeon was cool I enjoyed the opening with Viral & Sh'okanobo.
Enjoyed Jay's hot dog place and jay how true to NYC lol.
Splinter made me laugh with his joke about it's better left that some things are unknown like what hot dogs are made of lol.
I don't know but them all standing there burping got on my nerves.
Loving Serling and Splinter talking lol. & aww poor Serling Man that guys stress level must be through the roof lol.
Ok wow Mikey hitting Don like that was just woah! As well as him eating vegetables lol ok wow he just up and threw Leo, Raph, & splinter now that's a bit much but still wowza.
Oh I'd also like to add while the style is still something I don't care for The animation in this episode is very good!
Ahahhaha omg I'm so sorry but him throwing up the black gunk on Leo was so funny man he's had that commin' for years!
Ok wow I love that design!! I want a An Evil Sh'okanmikey figure lol!
So He hits Don again and that line "everyone stay back...ok this is a safe distance" is a very 80's Don line.
hahaha Ok I'm sorry but that one made me laugh also Serling bitching about the kitchen and Mikey tosses his butt across the room lol.
Ok I also find it funny him hopping around on all fours.
ok "it's ninja time!!" really needs to go!
Ahahhaha Leo gnawing on Don's Bo is priceless moronic but priceless!
And everyone may hate Cody's robot but I don't know all I can say is that better come out as an action figure.
I also must say it's nice to see Splinter doing some good in the episode finally and being himself again.
Wow I love the infected people I don't know why but I love the look of spikey purple people. :)
Ok So se now see where that Sh'okansplinter figure comes from I really do hope we gets some turtles like that I'm sorry to repeat myself but I love how they look! Oh my and Cody how Rad now that's a Cody figure I want!
um Ok I don't that either what everyone else said about the pigeon at the start of the episode being able to go out in the sun but it kills all the other viruses...mmhmm plot hole.
Ok see now Splinter for some reason he's funny he burped I laughed...and his "why do I taste raw hot dogs?" line that's funny stuff to! I don't know why but when the turtles burp it's not funny to me perhaps because it's expected.
I'd also like to make the comment that it's also nice to see other humans for once.
uh oh I think Sh'okanobo's gonna pull a Mr. Burns and try and block out the sun! dun dun dun Darius Dunn!
I Liked this episode allot it's leading up to something big but I'd give it a 6 or 7 out of 10.

Sage Ninja
12-13-2006, 10:58 AM
Ok wow Mikey hitting Don like that was just woah! As well as him eating vegetables lol ok wow he just up and threw Leo, Raph, & splinter now that's a bit much but still wowza.
Oh I'd also like to add while the style is still something I don't care for The animation in this episode is very good!
Ahahhaha omg I'm so sorry but him throwing up the black gunk on Leo was so funny man he's had that commin' for years!

heh, for this alone I think I want to see this episode. I've been waiting for years for Mikey to hit one of his brothers back. I wish some one would make an animation of that for me.

Putrescent, how come you say Leo deserved getting vomited on?

VaughnMichael
12-13-2006, 01:06 PM
heh, for this alone I think I want to see this episode. I've been waiting for years for Mikey to hit one of his brothers back. I wish some one would make an animation of that for me.

Putrescent, how come you say Leo deserved getting vomited on?
haha I don't know I think Leo's a weeiner ;)
It was funny though and I actully quite enjoyed this episode I watched it again lastnight. and yea I miss people making screen caps for the show no one does it anymore.