PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Spider-Man

AquaParade
11-21-2006, 10:38 AM
Just thought if there were enough fans of this comic that maybe we could start an official thread on it or something. I started picking up the trade paperbacks( Laugh all you want!) about a year and a half ago and have been completely hooked since. If your a spider-man fan you really need to check things out. Anywho...things are really starting to get tense in this series with issue #102 coming around the corner, the clone saga is in full swing(pun intended?) and not to mention Mark Bagely(the artist for those who dont know) doesnt even have a dozen issues left on the book:-?
But on the brightside he and micheal Brian Bendis will soon be breaking the record for longest team...or something..to work on a comic book. So anyone else excited for the next issue as I am? Cant say I'm a fan of what just happened to M.j. at the end of issue #101, but I am really hoping we will be getting an Ultimate Scarlet-Spider Soon :)
I'm talking too much:| ...your turn...

Mr._Mutant_Man
11-21-2006, 11:01 AM
I'm fine with what happened to MJ, I doubt it is permanent or anything plus it is different from 616 universe.

I'm a fan of this series, since 616 Spider-Man has seen better days. The Ultimate universe is easier to follow when you can't always get to a comic book store.

AquaParade
11-26-2006, 11:46 AM
I havent been keeping up on every issue lately and was wondering if anyone knew...is there going to be a Ben Reilly of the Ultimate universe coming out of this clone saga?

Anarky
11-26-2006, 12:03 PM
There already is a Ben Reilly. He's been around for ages now. Ever since we met Doc Kurt Connors. Ben's his lab assistant who doesn't look anything like Spidey, doesn't do anything Spidey-ish (if you exclude being responsible for all the clones of Peter) and is an all-around nice guy.

If there's going to be a Scarlet Spider... that we don't know yet.

AquaParade
11-26-2006, 12:32 PM
O ya, I was aware of that guy. I was actually asking about a possible appearance of the Scarlet Spider. Doubt it...but I can dream.

Anarky
11-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Well, there's three more clones running around, apart from Jessica Drew. There's sixarmed Spidey, horribly disfigured Spidey and Scorpion. So we have either sixarmed Spidey or horribly disfigured Spidey that could evolve into the Scarlet Spider.

And I don't think it's vital for the series to have a Scarlet Spider around. I mean, he's just another character and I don't think too many Spider-characters is a good idea. I say HD-Spidey gets offed, sixarmed Spidey might not make it, Jessica makes it and the Scorpion will once again wreak havoc upon NYC. So, no need for a Scarlet Spider.

Spawn Guy
11-27-2006, 10:28 AM
Everyone needs a Scarlet Spider shirt.

Mr._Mutant_Man
11-28-2006, 02:15 PM
I think Spider-Woman pretty much is taking the Scarlet Spider role in this story. Hopefully she'll stick around with her own identity, since Ultimate universe doesn't have its Spider-Woman yet anyway. Six armed Spider-Man and disfigured Spider-Man are probably goners though. Maybe they should team up with the Morlocks and rebel against the beautiful people...

Actually, have we seen the Ultimate Morlocks yet?

MikesPizzaShack
01-20-2007, 11:28 AM
I think Spider-Woman pretty much is taking the Scarlet Spider role in this story. Hopefully she'll stick around with her own identity, since Ultimate universe doesn't have its Spider-Woman yet anyway. Six armed Spider-Man and disfigured Spider-Man are probably goners though. Maybe they should team up with the Morlocks and rebel against the beautiful people...

Actually, have we seen the Ultimate Morlocks yet?

ya thats what i was thinking with spider-woman. and im thinking that the disfigured spidey is more like ultimate kaine...who knows maybe there are more clones yet to be seen?

Anarky
01-20-2007, 11:42 AM
Nope, there are not. At least not from this batch. Clone Saga over, no more clones in the forseeable future.

ZariusTwo
01-20-2007, 08:30 PM
I can't beleive how bad this was...yes, there were moments of excellence, but that could easily be applied to older parts of the 616 clone saga, the stuff with Judas Traveler. Heck, that ending was far better than what we got stuck with.

For me, the clone saga ended with Ben leaving around the ending of "Exiles" and becoming Scarlet Spider elsewhere...in much the same way Gwen's clone was allowed to live and walk away, never to be seen again

Turning MJ into...that took H drugs. "Avengers Disassembled" was written with the same dosage if I'm not mistaken.

The "H" standing for "Hack"

bmxbandit
01-20-2007, 10:57 PM
i actually preferred the scarlet spider. i like him best out of all the spiderman characters. clone or not he was/is my all time favorite. :)

BartAllen
01-21-2007, 07:56 AM
i actually preferred the scarlet spider. i like him best out of all the spiderman characters. clone or not he was/is my all time favorite. :)

Im sort of on the same boat as you. when I started reading spider-man comics. Ben Reilly was scarlett spider, so yeah hes my favorite as well.

Its a shame they had to kill him off. i think there could have been room for two spider-men running around.

Mr._Mutant_Man
02-11-2007, 07:21 PM
I was entertained by the Clone Saga. I hope we see more of Ultimate Jessica Drew. I'm indifferent towards the Ultimate MJ thing, mainly because I don't like how she's been written the last 3 years anyway. Turning her into a monster was an interesting twist. Not written superbly but whatever.