PDA

View Full Version : TMNT's Greatest Hits

AquaParade
12-10-2006, 12:13 PM
Hey everyone, quick question
If you had to pick say around 5-10 episodes to represent the Old toon and the best it had to offer, what episodes would you pick? For fun you can even split them into categories like most action packed, funniest, darkest(if there were any even close to dark episodes in the old toon, someone remind me...were there?) blahblah, anyways I'm probably making this too confusing. So what would you say are the best episodes and best episodes to represent what the old toon had goin for it? i would say the first 5 episodes, but its just too bad the show didnt really follow up on the tone it originally set out on...alright, shoot!

DrSpengler
12-10-2006, 12:41 PM
Well, half that question is easy.

The first season would make the set, no problem. It's the best the series had to offer, IMO. Best in terms of animation, storytelling and overall atmosphere.

1: Turtle Tracks
2: Enter the Shredder
3: A Thing About Rats
4: Hot Rodding Teenagers from Dimension X
5: Shredder and Splintered

The rest?

6: Return of the Technodrome (I'm a sucker from Technodrome-centric season finales, and I loved this one)
7: Return of the Fly (a great one for villains and a nice spotlight of the Rat King as a neutral character)
8: Corporate Raiders from Dimension X (the best Casey Jones episode, easily, and one of the funniest)
9: Turtles on Trial (great for animation)
10: The Big Blow-Out (another awesome Technodrome-centric season finale)

I prefer the first 3 seasons over the rest of the series. The Dregg seasons had some gems but I still prefer the first 3.

AquaParade
12-10-2006, 10:02 PM
Hmmm didnt know that about Turtles on trial. Know of any other episodes known in high regard for the animation doc?:lol:

Spitfire
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
My two favorites are Leatherhead Meets The Rat King and Cowabunga Shred-head*Which I find to be the funniest" As for others I'd have to watch the series over again cause there's alot to choose from.

EDIT: Oh Legend Of Koji is a great episode.

Sariele
12-11-2006, 07:37 AM
My two favorites are Leatherhead Meets The Rat King and Cowabunga Shred-head*Which I find to be the funniest" As for others I'd have to watch the series over again cause there's alot to choose from.

EDIT: Oh Legend Of Koji is a great episode.

I haven't seen enough of them since I was a little kid to be able to make an educated response, but I would have to say without a doubt that "Cowabunga Shredhead" is the funniest ever. I watched it on YouTube a few months ago and was crying with laughter in some bits.

AquaParade
12-11-2006, 09:43 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about season 7, the one where they go on the world trip or something like that. Seeing as I was a kid when these episodes aired i probably didnt notice much of a quality increase if there was one...sadly. Anyways What do you guys think? Does season 7 come anywhere near the qualiy of season 1 in animation or story telling? ( I've really been looking for some good animation in the old toon episodes lately, so lemme know if you can think of any episodes with better than average animation in em.)

ThisSchemeCannotFail
12-11-2006, 09:46 AM
Of 193 episodes, to pick just five is awkward at best:

Return of The Technodrome is possibly one of the best episodes, although theoretically dropping in the lava should have killed the villains.

Super Bebop and Mighty Rocksteady literally had me crying with laughter, when I watched it again the other day.

20,000 Leaks Under the City was amusing throughout. Great start to the episode with Krang cackling with laughter and Shredder asking "What's up Krang - building a swimming pool?" Or how about "so that's the name of that street," said Rocksteady, after Shredder claimed to have sent the turtles to oblivion.

The Big Break In is the episode I liked best of the three epics at the end of series three.

The Big Zipp Attack for some reason I loved in Series 4. 'The most feared creature in Dimension X'? You decide! :D

Original TMNT Cartoon Fan
12-11-2006, 11:50 AM
*Turtle Tracks
*A Thing About Rats
*Return of the Shredder
*Return of the Technodrome
*The Big Rip-Off
*The Big Break-In
*The Big Blow Out
*Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko
*My Brother, the Bad Guy
*Turtles on the Orient Express

MrPliggins
12-11-2006, 10:19 PM
*Turtle Tracks/Enter the Shredder

*Shredder is Splintered

*Enter the Fly

*Case of the Killer Pizzas

*Cowabunga, Shredhead

*Usagi Yojimbo

*Bye, Bye Fly

*The Big Rip Off/Break In/Blow Out

*Legend of Koji

*Get Shredder

Spitfire
12-12-2006, 04:51 AM
I've heard a lot of good things about season 7, the one where they go on the world trip or something like that. Seeing as I was a kid when these episodes aired i probably didnt notice much of a quality increase if there was one...sadly. Anyways What do you guys think? Does season 7 come anywhere near the qualiy of season 1 in animation or story telling? ( I've really been looking for some good animation in the old toon episodes lately, so lemme know if you can think of any episodes with better than average animation in em.)

I didn't find anything so great about them but that's just me.

And yeah Cowabunga Shred-head totally plays up the Mikey Stoner humor

AquaParade
12-12-2006, 09:48 AM
Hmmm anyone else have any comments on season 7?
Love your new sig Spitfire.

Sage Ninja
12-14-2006, 05:43 PM
Does season 7 come anywhere near the qualiy of season 1 in animation or story telling? ( I've really been looking for some good animation in the old toon episodes lately, so lemme know if you can think of any episodes with better than average animation in em.)

I would say that it does. It just seems to have a more serious feel to it than any other previous seasons. And yes the story telling is just great for most of them. It is a shame that season seven was only 14 episode long. I would have liked it all to be much longer.

mikey2007
12-20-2006, 04:35 PM
-Get Shredder! (by far one of my fav episodes of all time because it looks awesome, with the darker feel, and just a sweet episode)
[haha i'm gonna have to go watch this episode when i get time tonight..the last few seasons kick butt]

-Dirk Savage: Mutant Hunter

-Shredder Triumphant

-Night of the Rogues (it's got a lot of villans)

-Michaelangelo Meets Mondo Gecko (mondo gecko is a stud)

-Zach and the Alien Invaders (wingnut & screwloose)

-Turtlemaniac (gotta love the wax figures)

-Divide and Conquer (last episode)

...and any of the first season, cuz that is the best season ever, even though its 5 episodes

Sage Ninja
01-04-2007, 01:52 PM
I pretty much like any episode in the old toon where they sneak in some naughty humour or something extremely entertaining, or suprising.

If you want suprising or entertaining just watch the episodes that feature Donatello. Night of the Dark Turtle was a jaw dropping episode for me because it showed Dontello flipping out and actually trying to kill Shredder, and then totally laying the smack down on some aliens. All around great episode.

Another is Donatello's duplicant where Donatello's potential as an evil genious is realized (through a clone). It was great and funny all at the same time...and it had the Rat king, always a good bonus.

Draconic
01-04-2007, 02:53 PM
I don't know the titles, but there are a few episodes that I really remember loving.

In No Particular Order:

#1. The Very first one
#2. The one where they meet Zach
#3. The one where they meet Usagi Yojimbo
#4. The one where Donatello reprograms Metal Head to be on their side
#5. The one where they meet the Nutrinos
#6. The one where they meet the future really old turtles
#7. The one where they go back in time to ancient Japan
#8. I think there was one when they were like... toddlers?
#9. The one with Slash
#10. The one with Mondo Gecko

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-04-2007, 04:02 PM
I can't give out 5-10 right now, but I would say that Shredder's Mom is easily one of the funniest. The fact that they were beaten with sighns was hillarious.

Sage Ninja
01-04-2007, 05:19 PM
they didn't actually fall for the signs bit, because even they saw how ridiculously obviuos the trap was. they just had no other choice because they where being shot at and had no other place to run.

And I thought the Shredder's mom episode was pretty good. Shredder being aggressive about taking over the world for once instead of just trying to fuel up the technodrome or get revenge on the turtles. And even though it was a cliche I though the whole dish thing to mess around with the sun was cool and handled well. I saw this episode recently and it didn't annoy me like it did when i was a kid for some reason. I actually thought Shredder's mom was cool.

Time Mistress
01-13-2007, 09:39 AM
I like the first 5 episodes best. I also like DrSpengler's alternatives.

oldmanwinters
01-13-2007, 08:41 PM
I'm going to consider the pilot season in a category in and of itself. Those 5 episodes are a given for any Top 10 list.

Otherwise, I can only offer my favorite from seasons 2 and 3 because it's been so long since I've seen the others. So, in no particular order:

1) Turtles on Trial-
Excellent animation, characters stay on model consistently, and the plot is both humorous and exciting.

2) Enter: the Fly-
The birth of the Baxter Stockman we all know and love!

3) The Mean Machines-
Machines gone mad, just like in the 80s classic, OverDrive.

4) The Ninja Sword of Nowhere-
Outside of the horrible Rapheal replacement voice actor it's a sweet episode.

5) The Cat Woman from Channel Six-
Any time the good guys have to fight one of their own makes for good plot tension. Plus, Irma finally meets the Turtles.

6) The Making of Metalhead-
Very funny to see the Turtles sick, very good animation on Metalhead and the sewer chase scene.

7) The Old Switcheroo-
Splinter is bad, Shredder is good.

8. Usagi Yojimbo-
The Samari Rabbit takes a tour of New York reminiscent of Turtle Tracks.

9) Camera Bugged-
One crazy-go-nuts episodes with aliens, alternate dimensions and a camera that traps people in TVs.

10) The Maltese Hamster-
Donatello gets to be a film noir hero.

ThisSchemeCannotFail
02-11-2007, 05:22 AM
they didn't actually fall for the signs bit, because even they saw how ridiculously obviuos the trap was. they just had no other choice because they where being shot at and had no other place to run.

And I thought the Shredder's mom episode was pretty good. Shredder being aggressive about taking over the world for once instead of just trying to fuel up the technodrome or get revenge on the turtles. And even though it was a cliche I though the whole dish thing to mess around with the sun was cool and handled well. I saw this episode recently and it didn't annoy me like it did when i was a kid for some reason. I actually thought Shredder's mom was cool.

It's amazing how perspectives change as we get older (and some stay the same). For one, I never liked the 'facing the camera' jokes, even as a kid - and I still don't. In other words, comments like "villains always do (laugh) on this show" (Raphael in Turtlemaniac I think) or "I was explaining it to them" (Krang pointing to the camera) or "didn't we do this in another episode" (Raphael - again) or "if this episode is going to be full of rabbit jokes, i'm outta here" (stated by Raphael and repeated by Rocksteady in an episode with Hocum Hare in series 4 or 5). We know we are watching a cartoon; we don't need to be reminded of the fact. In this instance, some episodes annoy me as much now as they did when I was a kid.

However, my attitude to some episodes have changed. Episodes I could not get into before, I now like. For example, whereas Shredderville was almost quite scary to watch as a child, now it's just funny.

On the point of the "Shredder's Mom" episode, it's only a shame that it failed to sufficiently link up with the "My Brother, The Bad Guy" episode in series 5. If Shredder was supposed to have brought shame on the family, what does that say for the mother?

Mr._Mutant_Man
02-11-2007, 08:42 AM
1)Turtle Tracks: First episode, great origin. First episode I ever saw, and it got me hooked at three or four years old.

2)A Thing About Rats: If I had to pick another must see from the first season of five episodes (without choosing them all), it would probably be this one because the mousers were pretty interesting opponents.

3)Invasion of the Punk Frogs: Always liked the punk frogs.

4)Superhero For a Day: Haven't seen it in a while, but I remember liking it a lot as a kid. It is also rated a 10 on TV.com so some people must have remembered it better than I did.

5)Turtles, Turtles, Everywhere: Another one I remember liking as a kid because it featured a whole lot of turtles.

AquaParade
02-11-2007, 10:10 PM
Wow, I just watched Turtles on Trial again and realized what a great episode it is. The animation was really good compared to a lot of other episodes, it was funny, and the voice acting stood out for some reason as well. I havent enjoyed an episode of tmnt this much in a while, aside for the pilot season. I had forgotten that this show had episodes this good aside from the first season. Can anyone think of any other episodes that hold up to this one?

themaxonline
02-20-2007, 10:36 AM
This is tough. I haven't seen anything past season 3 in about five years as I'm in the process of rewatching them all and I'm now done the first three plus a few European episodes.

Choosing 10 is difficult, for sure. Here are my choices for NOW from what I remember but will surely change as I become more familiar with the other seasons:

in chronological order:

Turtle Tracks: This was always a classic episode. As a kid, I always anticipated this one. I know one of the stations that played TMNT in syndication played a very select number of episodes (which I can list off in another topic perhaps) and I knew far in advance when this one would air.

A Thing About Rats: Aside from the first one, this one was always my next favourite from season 1. Maybe it's the drawing or that it seems laid back despite the fact that they are facing a huge new opponent.
I always loved seeing that shot where the Technodrome is driving around under the city but seems to be in an abandoned city of its own.
It's also the first time Mikey shows himself to be of major value as it was him that shut down the master control for the mousers.

Return of the Technodrome: I love any episode that shows the Technodrome as having full power and roaming around the city. While not as great and powerful as The Big Blow Out, this one works quite well as there's still a lot going on.

Blast From The Past: This was another one that I always favoured a great deal but watching it now, it's not really all that. I just loved the use of flashbacks. I'd have liked to have seen another one of those later on in the series.

The Big Rip-Off/Break-In/Blow-Off: I know I'm cheating by including these three in as one. I just like how everything in these, especially the last one (which I'll choose if I'm forced to pick only one of these) is on the brink of disaster and the turtles are running around inside the technodrome trying to stop it. Watching how the ultimately defeated it this time was alittle far fetched though but with time constraints and such, it's understandable.

The Dimension X Story: I quite enjoyed this one even though it wasn't significant to the main storyline. I just liked the scenery of the turtles on the asteroid and Donatello working on their dimensional portal.

What's Michaelangelo Good For?: This one was good because it was based around Mikey and was much better than the other two from this season that were (he meets Bugman and he gets shrunk). In this one, he's the one that saves the day and it just helped humanize him more than most other episodes.

My Brother, The Bad Guy: I like any of the episodes where they make direct reference to Splinter and/or Shredder's past in Japan and that includes any family they have. Shredder's Mom was good in that aspect but this one is definately better as not only is it a nicely designed and drawn but it's one where the Technodrome is moving. Helped answer my question of how it got into the ice since I didn't see any of the season 5 episodes until longer after the season 6 ones.

The Legend of Kogi: This episode had some of the best sword fights post-season 1 in the entire series, I thought. And it was another one dealing directly with old Japan and the history of Yoshi and Saki.

Night of the Rogues: This is another one I'm highly looking forward to seeing again as it has so many of their enemies in it. However, I think they could have chosen a better group of enemies than the ones they did. Tempestra was a video game so she should have never been seen again.
It was a good one nonetheless as it was one where everything piled up at once.

I think that's 10. I didn't choose anything from the last three seasons as I've only seen them all only once five years ago so, as I said, my mind will definately change on this in time.

EDIT: It's only been a little while but I already have some honourable mentions that certainly deserve a place in the final 10.

Splinter Vanishes: Awesome episode!

Were-rats from Channel 6: This one was pretty good too!

Sage Ninja
02-20-2007, 04:53 PM
A Thing About Rats: Aside from the first one, this one was always my next favourite from season 1. Maybe it's the drawing or that it seems laid back despite the fact that they are facing a huge new opponent.
I always loved seeing that shot where the Technodrome is driving around under the city but seems to be in an abandoned city of its own.
It's also the first time Mikey shows himself to be of major value as it was him that shut down the master control for the mousers.

I liked that too, since he isn't given a whole lot of crusial plot advancing moments later on in the series.

Return of the Technodrome: I love any episode that shows the Technodrome as having full power and roaming around the city. While not as great and powerful as The Big Blow Out, this one works quite well as there's still a lot going on.

I liked this episode because the coloring seems more crisp and vibrant than in other episdes for some reason.

The Big Rip-Off/Break-In/Blow-Off: I know I'm cheating by including these three in as one. I just like how everything in these, especially the last one (which I'll choose if I'm forced to pick only one of these) is on the brink of disaster and the turtles are running around inside the technodrome trying to stop it. Watching how the ultimately defeated it this time was alittle far fetched though but with time constraints and such, it's understandable.

Greatest finale ever, and I enjoyed how the events followed right after each other and gave solid continuity!

What's Michaelangelo Good For?: This one was good because it was based around Mikey and was much better than the other two from this season that were (he meets Bugman and he gets shrunk). In this one, he's the one that saves the day and it just helped humanize him more than most other episodes.

The episode title is a bit insulting but I like how in this episode Michaelangelo shows he is both capable and smart which is something the other turtles where notorious for looking down on him on even though it wasn't really true. But I would have likd it better if Mike had gone completely solo instead of having that female vetinarian with him. I hate random inclusions of characters we have never met before!

My Brother, The Bad Guy: I like any of the episodes where they make direct reference to Splinter and/or Shredder's past in Japan and that includes any family they have. Shredder's Mom was good in that aspect but this one is definately better as not only is it a nicely designed and drawn but it's one where the Technodrome is moving. Helped answer my question of how it got into the ice since I didn't see any of the season 5 episodes until longer after the season 6 ones.

Haven't seen this one in while but from what i rember I didn't like this one to much. But I felt the same way about Shredder's mom episde, and after watching that recently i found that I liked it better now than then. This might be the same.

The Legend of Kogi: This episode had some of the best sword fights post-season 1 in the entire series, I thought. And it was another one dealing directly with old Japan and the history of Yoshi and Saki.

All of Season seven is kick ass and wonderful. Its how the classic TMNT should have always been and how it should have stayed instead going Red Sky. It needed to be more than 14 episodes.

Night of the Rogues: This is another one I'm highly looking forward to seeing again as it has so many of their enemies in it. However, I think they could have chosen a better group of enemies than the ones they did. Tempestra was a video game so she should have never been seen again.
It was a good one nonetheless as it was one where everything piled up at once.

I don't remember this one. Is it from season seven?

themaxonline
02-20-2007, 05:15 PM
I don't remember this one. Is it from season seven?

Yeah.
You can read about it here. http://www.ninjaturtles.com/cartoon/guide/cart162.htm

I honestly don't remember much details from it only that it had a bunch of their old enemies and that's why it was awesome! It was like almost-disasterous.

Actionfigures4teens
08-15-2009, 02:23 PM
I'd thought I'd start this since none else has.
Just curious what others pick as their top ten episodes.
My Top ten are:
1)Leatherhead meets the Rat King
2)Slash- The evil turtle from Dimension X
3)Son of Return of the Fly II
4)The Big Break In
5)The Big Blow Out
6)Usagi Yojimbo
7)Night of the Rogues
8)Get Shredder
9)Planet of the Turtleoids
10)Green with Jealousy
So many great episodes to choose from. Have fun!

themaxonline
08-15-2009, 07:38 PM
There've been many topics on this but honestly, they never get old! lol!

I was thinking about grading the episodes on a 5-point scale or something to determine which ones my favourites were. I know what episodes I LOVE but there are some mid-season ones that I really like as well. Such as The Dimension X Story from season 4. I also do like Green With Jealousy. I'm currently watching the series from 1-7 since I got the Season 7 DVDs and I just finished season 4. I don't remember there being much from season 5 that I loved though. I remember Season 7 being great.

I couldn't make such a list right now until I refresh myself with 5-7.

Hordak
08-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Not sure of all the names but my top 10 are
1.Leatherhead meets the Rat King
2.Leatherhead-Terror of the Swamps
3.Enter The Shredder
4.Planet of The Turtletoids
5.Night of the Rogues
6..Slash Turtle from Dimension X
7.Casy Jones 1st app.
8.Enter Mutagen Man
9.Enter The Fly
10.(tie)Making of Metalhead & Escape from the Planet of the Tutletoids
Mondo Gecko & Muckman eps were also great! As well as the Punk Frogs 1st ep.

Prowler
08-17-2009, 02:42 PM
Best OT eps in no order:

Turtle Tracks
Enter the Shredder
A Thing About Rats
Shredder and Splintered
Return of the Technodrome
Cowabunga Shreddhead
The Big Break-In
The Big Blow Out
Get Shredder!
Turtle Trek

oldmanwinters
09-05-2009, 11:17 AM
Now that I've seen all the episodes up till Season 7, I'm gonna revise my list. New additions are in Bold and original favorites will feature a comparison of my original take with any second thoughts I might now have.

Top 10 Episodes (Non-pilot season)
#1 Turtles on Trial
My original comment: "Excellent animation, characters stay on model consistently, and the plot is both humorous and exciting."
Reconsideration: Ditto!

#2 The Legend of Koji
Wow, this episode is amazing! I really makes an effort to dig deep back into the Foot Clan backstory and reminds us that the Foot only became a force for evil after Shredder's corruption. BTW, I love time travel that includes characters essentially creating themselves. LOL
Bit of trivia, this is the only episode of which I am aware that April does not appear in any capacity.

#3 Enter the Fly
Original comment: "The birth of the Baxter Stockman we all know and love!"
Reconsideration: This is still one of the all time watershed moments of the series. A great way to transition a well established character into something completely different yet so iconic that people started to forget he wasn't always a mutant.

#4 The Cat Woman from Channel Six-
Original comment: "Any time the good guys have to fight one of their own makes for good plot tension. Plus, Irma finally meets the Turtles."
Reconsideration: The animation can be either hit or miss at parts (lots of mistakes), but I really love the whole kooky classic monster movie feel of this episode. April is genuinely creepy as a half-woman/half-cat mutant, much more so than the times she got turned into a fishwomen or a hornet. I really wish this episode had got a sequel that revisited any lingering effects of her mutation.

#5 The Making of Metalhead
Original comment: "Very funny to see the Turtles sick, & very good animation on Metalhead and the sewer chase scene."
Reconsideration: Metalhead's weapons effects and the showdown at the construction site were animated very well. The part were Metalhead gets his wires crossed and starts flipping out was amazingly funny, especially when he started talking in all the Turtles' different voices. [In Raph's voice:] "I'll just blast EVERYBODY!"

#6 Raphael Meets His Match
Mona Lisa was a great addition to the show with a great design, which was accentuated with the solid animation of this episode. Too bad she never reappeared. This one is the first episode I remember seeing when the series when to CBS Saturday mornings. I remember there being two Raphael centered episodes for the first two weeks in a row and since he was my favorite, I was looking forward to a Raph-heavy series!:lol:

#7 Leonardo Vs. Tempestra
Three words: video-game-addiction! The animation at the power plant scene is great. And I love the idea that the Turtles sneak out by night to party at the local arcade all night. (With the owner's blessing, it seems!)

#8 The Ninja Sword of Nowhere
Original: "Outside of the horrible Raphael replacement voice actor it's a sweet episode."
Reconsideration: I still really like this episode, but that Raph replacement really hurts the overall effect.

#9 The Sword of Yurikawa
Two words: Ninja-Splinter... oh yeah!

#10 Shredder's Mom
Well animated, and it cracks me up. Also, this was pretty ahead of its time in handling the whole global warming angle; unlike today's treatments of the subject, it wasn't quite so preachy and apocalyptic in its treatment ... other than the world possibly getting fried by the sun's radiation that is. Doh!

And one for the road...
#11 Return of the Turtleoid
The Terminator parody is so funny. It was good to see April and Splinter working together to save poor Kerma. This episode holds a special place in my heart for inspiring my TMNT: Gone Wrong! (http://www.dailymotion.com/playlist/x10qcp_oldmanwinters_tmnt-gone-wrong) parody series!

No longer making the cut::ohwell:
The Mean Machines (formerly 3rd)
Original: "Machines gone mad, just like in the 80s classic, OverDrive."
Reconsideration: Still a great episode; the animation just isn't quite as crisp as some later episodes.

Usagi Yojimbo (formerly 8th)
Original comment: "The Samari Rabbit takes a tour of New York reminiscent of Turtle Tracks."
Reconsideration: A good introduction to the character. It's really too bad he only showed up in one more episode without resolving his storyline.

The Old Switcheroo (formerly 6th)
Original: "Splinter is bad, Shredder is good."
Reconsideration: Still a goodie with a great plot, just doesn't quite beat out some of my other favorites.

Camera Bugged (formerly 9th)
Original: "One crazy-go-nuts episodes with aliens, alternate dimensions and a camera that traps people in TVs."
Reconsideration: Hmm, not sure why this made my original list other than the overall wackiness. That goes a long way with me.:P

The Maltese Hamster (formerly 10th)
Original: "Donatello gets to be a film noir hero."
Reconsideration: Great plot and storytelling device. The overall plot and animation just doesn't quite exceed some of my other favorite episodes.

I know there is another OT Top Episode thread that is fairly recent (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?t=28144), but since this is the thread in which I originally voted for my top episodes, I figured I'd refer back to this one.

Maybe a merger of the two threads would be a good idea?

Actionfigures4teens
09-05-2009, 04:42 PM
My TMNT Top hits:
1)Leatherhead Meets the Rat King- funny how they were introduced to
each other.
2)Pirate Radio- Shredder and krand take over a radio station-WOOF.
Funny how Michaelangelo and Irma got hooked into the radio station.
3)Son of Return of the Fly 2- baxter's computer friend tells baxter to look
for April O'Neil. Funny how Baxter went around the station to look for her
and kept forgetting her name- he would say June,May, or September
O'Neil. Remember he had a mind of a fly- keeps forgetting.
4)Night of the Rogues- One of my absolute favorites because of the villains.
Shredder finally gets fed up with Bebop and Rocksteady and their failures
over and over again.
5)The Big Blow Out- Season 3 finale. I loved this 3 parter:Big Rip Off/Big
Break In/Big Blow Out. The technodrome finally got to move and do some
serious damage especially in the Blow Out episode.
6)Peking Turtles- Liked this one. Shredder and Krang had this device
attached to those marble soldiers which made them come alive.
Great action packed episode!
7)Shredder's Mom- We get to meet his mom! She's really funny and just
as ruthless as her son Shredder, plus she made friends with Krang.
Funny how Rocksteady said: "Maybe I oughta send my mother a
postcard". Shredder made the earth fry to a sizzle too! How devious!
8)Slash, The Evil Turtle from Dimension X: Loved this one!
Thought it was funny how Slash always wanted to be around his "binky"-
palm tree. He constantly had to do work for everyone just to get to see
his binky- which I thought was a little cruel! Leave the poor guy alone!
He kept on getting pushed around.
9)The Big Zipp Attack- Funny episode.
Everytime the zip creatures would eat (forget the material name), they
would multiply! Great action packed episode!
10)The Big Cufflink caper- Great action packed episode!
Big Louie's gang searched around town for a particular set of cufflinks-
Cufflinks of Cafe. Shredder and krang needed them so they could free
the technodrome from the lava bed in Dimension X.
Just funny how the louie gang went everywhere just stealing cufflinks!
People thought it was strange cufflinks were the only things stolen
and noone could figure out why.
Other worthy mentions:
1)Planet of the turtleoids/Return of the turtleoid/Escape from the planet
of the turtleoids: Funny how kerma would ask the turtles for their help.
He would say:"I have a little problem". All the time it would be a big
problem! Just thought it was funny.
2)Cowabunga Shredhead: Shredder thought he was Michaelangelo.
Priceless and funny!
3)Turtles at the Earth's Core: I love this quote-
Krang-"This crystal looks exactly like you"
Shredder-"You mean it's flawless?"
Krang-"No, I mean it's cracked!"
I just laugh everytime I hear it.
4)Rondo in New York: Movie creatures come to life! Thought that was cool!
5)Splinter Vanishes: Splinter vanishes and tells the turtles to leave the lair
and go their own ways. We see more of Rat King and Leatherhead!
I love episodes that they're in!
Lots of drama in this episode. A lot of "Why's" and "Where's".
I loved this series! So many episodes to choose from!

Lieutenant Granitor
11-07-2009, 10:54 AM
I havent seen all OT episodes, but in my opinion April Fool is the funniest one. I just love how Bebop and Rocksteady fail and beign goofballs, and shredder calls them pinheads and freakazoids :lol:

Lil G
11-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I don't know the titles, but there are a few episodes that I really remember loving.

In No Particular Order:

#1. The Very first one
#2. The one where they meet Zach
#3. The one where they meet Usagi Yojimbo
#4. The one where Donatello reprograms Metal Head to be on their side
#5. The one where they meet the Nutrinos
#6. The one where they meet the future really old turtles
#7. The one where they go back in time to ancient Japan
#8. I think there was one when they were like... toddlers?
#9. The one with Slash
#10. The one with Mondo Gecko

I'm pretty sure those were'nt the title of the episodes. The show's not called Teenage Mutant Ninja Friends.

Powder
11-07-2009, 04:18 PM
Lots of necro posts lately.. whats up with that?

oldmanwinters
11-07-2009, 04:33 PM
Lots of necro posts lately.. whats up with that?

Good threads never die!8)

The Big Bad
11-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Looking back at this, I'm surprised to see "A Thing About Rats" so highly regarded--to me, it's easily the worst of the initial five--the scene at April's where the turtles suddenly start trashing the place always seems mildly offensive to me--I can get the turtles being somewhat dim; but stuff like throwing lipstick at a painting in a house that's not yours crosses the line into special-needs children territory--except that those are usually better behaved.

shuriken
11-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Top five/ Ten, hrmmm...
in no particulat Order
Night of the Rogues- It's just really awesome to see all of those villains together (even thought it was Antrax's first appearance)

Planet of the TurtleOids- Dirtbag and Groundchuck are so awesome.

Turtle Tracks- It was an awesome introduction for an awesome series.

Enter the Fly- Baxter's best episode IMHO.

Leatherhead meets the Rat King- (or something like that) It was really cool to see theses two characters interact.

Cowabunga Shredhead- James Avery talking like a surfer is amazing...

Shredded and Splintered(not sure the name of it)- When Splinter and Shredder switch bodies and Shredder kicks the turtles' collective shells just to be a douche while he's "training" them.

Wrath of the Rat King (not sure)- Rat King turns on the Shredder and uses giant rats to wreak havok on the city. Awesome.

Attack of the killer Pizzas- Those alien pizza monster things are bad ass.

Divide and conqeur- A fitting last episode for a great series.

The adventures of Rhinoman and Mighty Bebop (when the two were pretending to be superheroes)- This is getting monotonous LOL:lol:.
I know that's eleven but choosing from 190 some episodes is really, really difficult.

ajistheman
11-12-2009, 02:33 PM
winters if memory serves me, april isn't in a lot of season 9 or 10
and i cant pick a top 10, would take too much though from me at the moment
although i will list characters that made up my favorite
Donatello centric episodes
neutrinoes
baxter stockman
metalhead
stonewarriors from dimension x (they werent in enough episodes)
oh what the hell, i will name the best episodes that havent been mentioned yet
3 part krang + shredder season 10 revisit (power of three, a turtle in time, turtles to the second power)