PDA

View Full Version : Advertisment Campaign, where is it?!

Buslady
01-07-2007, 06:03 PM
I was by a theatre today and spotted posters for movies. NO TMNT.
They had Transformers....Simpsons....and a couple others(forgot) all coming out way past March...where the )(*#$)@(#$* are TMNT posters?!? Commercials? Hype! The advertising dept should be on the ball getting it out NOW. It'll be certain failure for the movie if nobody knows about it.

Has anybody seen anything advertising the movie?

gobo
01-07-2007, 06:08 PM
I went to see Eragon just to see the trailer on the big screen, but they didn't show it. :evil: But, no. I haven't seen any posters or the like in person.

Roseangelo
01-07-2007, 06:09 PM
Yeah, I was at the theater today myself and noticed the same thing. Didn't even see the giant banner. :(

I do wish that stuff was around, but it's a bit soon for the TV stuff. I know we all think it's never too soon, but TV stuff probably won't show up until March.

What I'm *hoping* will happen is that a more visible campaign will begin around the time that the books are released at the end of this month.

I do really wish they'd put up a real website right now.

Cascadia
01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
The only advertisement that I have seen in my area is when I went to see Unaccompanied Minors. At the time, this movie had the trailer. In terms of TV, there probably will not be any until late February or early March. Usually, commercials for an upcoming movie usually do not show until a few weeks before the movie is released. As for the website, someone needs to update it.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-07-2007, 06:42 PM
This is pretty troubling. If they want this movie to succeed they need to make sure everyone knows about this movie. I'm sure we'll start seeing more stuff by February.

Zelda
01-07-2007, 08:22 PM
Agreed. I've talked to some TMNT fans (more casual fans, not hovering-over-the-technodrome-fans ;p ) and they had no idea there was a movie coming out...certainly hadn't seen the teaser or the trailer -_-;;; And THEY were the ones that started the TMNT conversation >_>

Sabacooza
01-07-2007, 08:45 PM
I've been thinking the same thing for quite a while now. Why aren't they promoting this movie?!

My guess is Warner Brothers isn't takeing it seriously. I guess it's a movie that they feel doesn't need promoting. I can't understand how all these douche bags get involved in TMNT when they care nothing for the property.

I guess this movie is doomed to fail all because some pecker heads can't get it together!

They better not screw this movie over!!!:flaming::x

I'm done venting now.:D

Roseangelo
01-07-2007, 08:48 PM
We could post the trailer in as many MySpace comments as possible...

Sabacooza
01-07-2007, 09:48 PM
I guess it's up to the fans to save the day as far as promoting goes which is really quite pathetic. This is something we shouldn't have to do. it's up to the big wigs who have all the money to do that. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't tell as many people about it as possible. I just want the people/companies that are supposed to be be promoting this film to do their job.

There, I'm done venting again. Maybe I'll vent some more later.:D

Buslady
01-07-2007, 10:02 PM
See it's stupid that the Simpsons, with a 7-23-07 release date is being promoted NOW and TMNT comes out 3-23 and there's NOTHING. The movie's gonna keel oever before it's released.
Either the advertising dept doesnt give a care or the whole studio says spend more money on some other big project and screw the little movie.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-07-2007, 11:00 PM
What they need to do is have the big stars of the movie(Sarah M. Gellar, Chris Evans, Patrick Stewart) get out there and do some promotional spots(I used to think cleebs had no place in animated movies, but now I see they can be useful). They need to get them out on some talkshows.

Plus we need to see some bilboards, now! And they need to start attaching the trailer to more movies, ones that wont suck). And they need to talk to Burger King, see if they can get some kids meal tie-ins. Get some green-colered icees.

Kevin needs to go on Fanboy Radio, get the comic book fans intrested in this movie. 4 Kids also needs to start doing some TMNT marathons, and not of Fast Foward either, we need to show people the non-sucky TMNT cartoon.

And CW network should show some clips from the movie on their primetime line-up.

All this need to be done now, but whats really sad is that I can think of all this, but somehow the WB Marketing losers have yet to think of this, and WB want's to make a profit off this movie? Does it hurt yet?

Roseangelo
01-07-2007, 11:06 PM
Thing is that while I hope that most of that can happen, it's just not going to happen until closer to March 23. What good is it to have Patrick Stewart on TV to promote the movie now when people are going to forget about it completely by the time the movie actually comes out?

If there is a fast food deal, the deal was done MONTHS ago, and again, won't happen until March at the soonest. You want the product in people's faces when they have the ability to go see the movie right then and there.

Right now I just really wish they'd put together a real website.

I've been working on a MySpace profile. I'll post it in a little bit.

mikey2007
01-07-2007, 11:40 PM
I guess it's up to the fans to save the day as far as promoting goes which is really quite pathetic. This is something we shouldn't have to do. it's up to the big wigs who have all the money to do that. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't tell as many people about it as possible. I just want the people/companies that are supposed to be be promoting this film to do their job.

There, I'm done venting again. Maybe I'll vent some more later.:D

i know i have definitely been lobbying to my friends about it and telling everyone that there is a new movie, half are excited, 1/3 reminence, and the rest don't really care, and a one even said they had never even seen/heard of the ninja turtles (WTF, lol i told them they were retarded)

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-07-2007, 11:50 PM
It would be pretty sweet if each of the Turtles had their own Myspaces. Like Kevin Smith did with the characters of Clerks 2.

Roseangelo
01-07-2007, 11:58 PM
Ok, here's what I've been working on:

http://www.myspace.com/tmnt_2007

I have some more stuff planned to add, but suggestions for anything are welcome.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-08-2007, 12:20 AM

I have some more stuff planned to add, but suggestions for anything are welcome.

Nice. Hopefully this will help alot.

Warhorse
01-08-2007, 03:50 AM
Have they even bothered to promote this on any of the Saturday morning cartoon lineups?

I saw posters for the Turtles at my theaters, but they are way in the back, on the outside by the parking garages, and at night, you are too paranoid about your surroundings to notice a TMNT poster with Mikey giving you that bug eye!

Someone told me they saw an advertisement in a video game magazine, but is that enough either? If this were a political campaigne, we would have lost a long time ago.:(

iris
01-08-2007, 09:37 AM
Well, you myspace people, this claims to be the "official" movie space:

http://www.myspace.com/tmnt2007

But it looks so gawdawful... I don't know what to think. Maybe someone with more technical expertise than I could fix it to look like the tmnt.com style.

The person who set it up claimed to have done so at Warner's behest, which I tend to believe. Warner had an abundance of faith in MySpace, last I heard. But their web department seems really sporadic overall (not just myspace).

I guess it's up to the fans to save the day as far as promoting goes which is really quite pathetic. This is something we shouldn't have to do. it's up to the big wigs who have all the money to do that. However, that doesn't mean we shouldn't tell as many people about it as possible. I just want the people/companies that are supposed to be be promoting this film to do their job.It's actually a very common thing for fans to do promotions. But it would be nice if Warner did its job at bit better, eh? :P

TerranigmaFreak
01-08-2007, 10:04 AM
You should put up the comic-con teaser as well, Rosangelo. I saw only the trailer. The teaser will also give people wanting a darker movie a video with a very different tone.

Aignatius
01-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Great start, Roseangelo. All the responses were so Village-esque.
Seems people over 25 are considered old, there, though. Ha!

TMNT
01-08-2007, 01:47 PM
I really like the Burger King idea with the icees. Get some green, blue, red and orange ones with some toys. But yeah, that won't happen until March. It'd be sad if this film sank without a trace. I guess all WE can do is to spread the word. At a local theater, I saw the giant poster and it was hanging in the air with the likes of Spiderman 3 so I guess it also depends on the theater.

FearlessLeader
01-08-2007, 01:49 PM
You know when most music groups are new and starting out they form things called street teams, people who's job it is to do leg work to promote them. These are usually there die hard fans who want to see them make it big.

I think we in essance need to become something like a Turtles street team, only instead of going out in real life to concerts and such as these people would we should hunt down forums where people who could be interested in the movie are and spread the word. I personally have been nosing around comic book forums today joined a few and have been posting screen shots of the Leo and Raphael fight to tempt people.

I have gotten a very positive responds, both from people who didn't know about the film and people who had been on the fence about the film and are now thinking more positively after seeing the Leo and Raphael scene and getting a better idea of what this film will be.

Just another idea to kick around to get the word out :)

All I could think of was all the hype Snakes on a Plane got from word of mouth from the internet.... who knows maybe we can do the same thing??

TMNT
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
If you think about it: the teaser made everyone stand up and take notice that hey, TMNT can be dark. I say that Warner Brothers just market it as a dark film. The kids will already be pulled in with promotions such as toys and whatnot. People have been giving positive responses to the dark/deep scenes in TMNT. Give the people what they want: just market it as a dark film and sit back. I'm sure that it'll increase awareness. Sure it's PG but it's got enough material/potential to market itself in such a way. The rest is up to the cast/crew of the film. Get out there and make yourself heard. That's the best they and we can do.

Cure
01-08-2007, 02:05 PM
The way I feel is that it doesn't really bother me at all. As long as I know and go see it, I'm good.

Ramboraph4life aka Matt
01-08-2007, 02:14 PM
Actually in the movie theater near me (in Iowa), when i saw the great "Rocky Balboa", I got a great surprise. After i got my ticket and my popcorn, right before i entered the hallway where all the doors to the movie screens were at, there is a huge banner hanging up above...and it was TMNT hehe!!
A wonderful poster/banner with all 4 of the guys...so there must be some advertisement going on some where...but indeed from what i've heard not enough. it was still cool to see it though hehe.

Buslady
01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
Anything except Burger King....EW.

Subway cause then my kid will get them and he'll gimme the tmnt toys :D

iris
01-08-2007, 04:14 PM
On the positive side, the trailer is playing and banners are hanging in major markets, there are a heckuvalot of copies on the trailer floating on YouTube, and people are starting to notice. Plus, Buffy and Captain X fans cover half of moviegoing geekdom.

Reactions are generally positive, even if many people already seem to have their own personal idealized visions of how the movie should be.

My twentysomething friends, none of whom are big turtles fans, got together last week. My anime-addict friend asked if the movie was going to be any good. Before I could respond one of my other friends, who didn't get their info from me, piped up in defense and said it looks GREAT based on the trailer. So then they started talking about dressing up like ninjas to see it. :lol:

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-08-2007, 07:33 PM
Anything except Burger King....EW.

Subway cause then my kid will get them and he'll gimme the tmnt toys :D

Yeah, I'm no fan of BK and McDonalds either, but at least they promote their kids meals.

On the positive side, the trailer is playing and banners are hanging in major markets, there are a heckuvalot of copies on the trailer floating on YouTube, and people are starting to notice. Plus, Buffy and Captain X fans cover half of moviegoing geekdom.

Plus the Kevin Smith fans. Last time I checked the VeiwAskew forums, they were pretty stoked about the movie.

Warhorse
01-08-2007, 09:48 PM
The movie novels are slated to come out on January 23rd. So, after that date, you think WB will start pumping up the promoting machine? There will be no reason to be secret about the plot and what not with the stories out and all.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-08-2007, 10:00 PM
The movie novels are slated to come out on January 23rd. So, after that date, you think WB will start pumping up the promoting machine? There will be no reason to be secret about the plot and what not with the stories out and all.

The plot? The only thing they're keeping secret is the VAs of the turtles(which does not make one **** of sense).

Warhorse
01-08-2007, 10:02 PM
What other big hits has warner brothers churned out in recent memory?

Roseangelo
01-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, there's those four little movies no one bothered to see that all start with Harry Potter (with number five coming this summer)...

Honestly, I don't pay enough attention to the studio(s) attached to a film unless it is something I am highly anticipating.

Warhorse
01-08-2007, 10:16 PM
Neither do I really care what studio a movie came from, but I just wanted to know. Seems WB is slacking off, they've been shoving Harry Potter down our throats for some time! It's not a bad thing, I like the Harry Potter movies. I've seen all of them except the first one in the theater.

Cascadia
01-08-2007, 10:17 PM
I am a tad nervous on how the movie will do at this point. The estimated amount of money that the movie will make on the first week is about $15 million and in all, it is predicated to make about $50 million by the time that it leaves the movie theaters. Critics are more excited about Transformers and Harry Potter than they are with this movie. The original TMNT movie made slightly over $25 million during the first weekend that it was on the big screen. In the long run, it made $135,265,915 (just in the USA).

Roseangelo
01-08-2007, 10:22 PM
While I think there's more hype over those movies, they don't come out until months after TMNT and thus aren't direct competition. I'm cautiously optimistic for ~$30 the first weekend.

I'm not too concerned about the final numbers; I just really hope it'll do well to warrant a sequel. To do that I think it needs to make at least twice as much as it cost, and I don't think we've seen any solid numbers on how much it cost.

But Fantastic Four did not do fantastic at the box office and it's getting a sequel, so I shall hold onto hope!

Cascadia
01-08-2007, 10:24 PM
While I think there's more hype over those movies, they don't come out until months after TMNT and thus aren't direct competition. I'm cautiously optimistic for ~$30 the first weekend.

I'm not too concerned about the final numbers; I just really hope it'll do well to warrant a sequel. To do that I think it needs to make at least twice as much as it cost, and I don't think we've seen any solid numbers on how much it cost.

But Fantastic Four did not do fantastic at the box office and it's getting a sequel, so I shall hold onto hope!

Just like my little signature...Let's keep the hope alive.

Roseangelo
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Here's a little bit of something:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/roseangelo/yahoo.jpg

TMNT is currently features on the front page of Yahoo's movie section. It's a start!

Cascadia
01-08-2007, 10:53 PM
Rosie...could you PM me the link? I am doing some research about cultural influences and the movies on human development.

Warhorse
01-08-2007, 11:41 PM
IMDb boards have had the TMNT trailer on it's home page all day. And judging by all the idiots dropping by to spam up the TMNT 2007 forums over there, seems that it's getting some attention.

Maybe this will be like another Blair Witch Project or something, in it's success I mean. How word of mouth spread like a wild fire.

Sabacooza
01-09-2007, 05:25 AM

I checked it out and it's looking very cool. I'd do that myself on myspace but I have no idea where to begin.

Anarky
01-09-2007, 05:58 AM
Is it just me or is it really wrong that the fans are doing the advertising? I mean, shouldn't that be the company's job?

Viral marketing is okay, if it's actually sponsored and/or started by the ones who want something advertised, not the ones who are going to see this movie. Short: I wouldn't lift a finger for this movie unless I'd get paid for it.

Sabacooza
01-09-2007, 07:19 AM
Is it just me or is it really wrong that the fans are doing the advertising? I mean, shouldn't that be the company's job?

No it's not just you because I feel the same way. If they want to make money off this movie, they better start with the advertising already. They need to do what they're being paid to do.

Draconic
01-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Lets make a game of this,

Virus Game (http://forums.thetechnodrome.com/showthread.php?p=453867#post453867)

What do you think?

iris
01-09-2007, 09:55 AM

Viral marketing is okay, if it's actually sponsored and/or started by the ones who want something advertised, not the ones who are going to see this movie. Short: I wouldn't lift a finger for this movie unless I'd get paid for it.
Very true. They SHOULD sponsor it. Here's a case (http://www.clickz.com/showPage.html?page=3503066) where they did stuff for freaking "Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants." So it's not like they don't know how. But as soon as I saw that, I thought well, that didn't have a giant fan base, did it? But still... in this case going viral would be worth the money for them, assuming they get a cut from the box office.

I think fans are doing plenty if they just mention to their acquaintances that the movie exists. But I tend to go further, because Warner can go [expletive deleted] (not my favorite company, in case y'all can't tell), but I would like to see this TMNT thing keep going.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Yes, it is wrong. It should be the companies job.

:|

:cry:

Cascadia
01-09-2007, 02:50 PM
I thought that everyone would like to know...In the XPose special magazine, which is written in England and the USA has a full page advertisement for the movie. It does not contain any new information than we already know but it lets everyone know what movies can be seen in March.

mikey2007
01-09-2007, 03:19 PM
it is very wrong indeed, but if that's what it takes me to get a sequal and the turtles to be taken seriously, then i'm willing to do my part

gobo
01-09-2007, 03:49 PM
Excellent attitude, mikey2007! :D You get a gold star. :P

Cascadia
01-09-2007, 03:53 PM
I do not think that we as fans should do the advertising for movies. Allow the media do it. As mentioned in my previous post, I found some in a magazine. Also, as we all know, around New Year's, USA Today put out a nice lengthy article about the movie. I have a feeling that it will start kicking up in mid-February so do not "sweat it" everyone.

Rooish
01-09-2007, 08:13 PM
it is very wrong indeed, but if that's what it takes me to get a sequal and the turtles to be taken seriously, then i'm willing to do my part

I agree. It matters less to me that I'd be advertising for them without pay, than it matters to me that this movie does well. I want people to know and love the TMNT again.

mikey2007
01-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Excellent attitude, mikey2007! :D You get a gold star. :P

thanks gobo:D can i have 2 gold stars?? my other gold star is lonely:lol:

gobo
01-09-2007, 10:43 PM
All outta gold. Will silver do? :D

mikey2007
01-09-2007, 10:47 PM
All outta gold. Will silver do? :D

it'll do:tthumbsu: :twink: thanks, haha

Anarky
01-10-2007, 07:04 AM

Actually, your part in advertising for a movie would be, unless you're involved with the movie on a professional basis, to kick back, relax and wait for opening day.

If we do the advertising-campaign, from the Drome for the people, we should ask the WB for $500 at least for hosting and upgrading. Then we can talk about working. Until then, I refuse to have any part of viral marketing and I don't support it in any way.

Of course I want to see a sequel or two, as long as they're good. But when the company screws up on a very basic level, then it's their fault and not our job to make up for their idiocy.

sdp
01-10-2007, 09:57 AM
we shouldn't have to do it but if a little helping here and there helps get a second one being made then it makes it worth it.

every fandom has this, even in music with street teams etc.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-10-2007, 10:40 AM
Actually, your part in advertising for a movie would be, unless you're involved with the movie on a professional basis, to kick back, relax and wait for opening day.

If we do the advertising-campaign, from the Drome for the people, we should ask the WB for $500 at least for hosting and upgrading. Then we can talk about working. Until then, I refuse to have any part of viral marketing and I don't support it in any way.

Of course I want to see a sequel or two, as long as they're good. But when the company screws up on a very basic level, then it's their fault and not our job to make up for their idiocy.

Must you crap in everyones cornflakes. Anyway, we left all the advertising up to the people at 4 Kids for the 2K3 show, and look how that turned out.

I'll do anything I can to help support this movie, it's the underdog. I don't need to get paid for it(even though that would be sweet), I just want to make sure this movie attracts the right audience.

iris
01-10-2007, 10:48 AM

The Drome's movie section concentrated discussion, and that discussion brought Kevin (in a roundabout way), which brought even more people to the Drome to discuss the movie. Knowledge of the movie increased by virtue of all this talk. That is the essence of viral marketing, and you are a participant. Maybe Kevin should have stayed away until Warner paid us all to publically interview him? :P

So don't slam marketing by fans. If you have ever said to anyone something like, 'hey, hear about the new TMNT movie?' you have helped to market the movie. It's perfectly normal. Calling it "marketing" instead of "chatting for the heck of it" is just a change in terminology.

And if people want to do more than chat, why discourage them? They know they're not getting paid. But it's fun to get other people into something you love, and maybe feel like you did something to help it flourish-- or at least to have a fighting chance. I think it's awesome that the fans are passionate about this movie. And you know what? You can refuse to do this. But I refuse to do anything only because I get paid for it.

Katie
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Plus, I would get a chance to use those degrees I worked for 8 years to get....and on something I love too :P

Word of mouth is powerful. Never underestimate it ;)

Dr. Doom
01-10-2007, 12:07 PM
Personally, I think movie advertising can be something of a curse. Take Borat for example. WAY over publicized. Could have been a LOT funnier if you weren't seeing commercials for it 36 times a day. If they never show a TV spot for the film, I'll be happy, cause then I can go into the theatre with a clean(er) slate and just let the movie happen. All I want to knwo know is the VA's playing the Turtles, and then I'll be happy.

Bircher
01-10-2007, 04:46 PM
I agree with what ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael said. While it is true movies are not approved that the film companies don't think will lose money, however, for one reason or another after a while studios get cold feet and drop their marketing plans so in their minds not to lose even more money.

For some reason this is what I think they are doing with TMNT, so to get it past opening night and into sequel territory, it just may depend on the fans.

I'm sure Mirage would love a aommercial on every channel during every break, but if WB wont do it, what can they do?

Sense it seems WB may have written this off based on whatever (short sided because intrest is growing everyday), the fans may have to take over to help this one out.

Besides getting it ranked high on google vieo and what not, get others to ask their comic shop to carry the books, get other toy collectors to consider the Movie line of toys, put it (movie trailer) up on personal web pages etc, etc.

Cascadia
01-10-2007, 08:38 PM
I think that we all need to calm down and wait for the movie to come to theaters on March 23rd or March 30th (depending on where you live). There are advertisements for the movie in movie magazines already. We need to let the companies do their job because they are paid to do so. When the movie arrives at your local movie theater, go to the opening weekend and enjoy yourself.

Class is Pain 101
01-13-2007, 09:52 PM
I'll place the trailer on my portable media center and show my friends at school. I want this movie to do well. Death to the transformers long live the new TMNT!

Buslady
01-13-2007, 10:49 PM
at the movies today, nothing at all TMNT. bleah!
Night @ the Museum is cute tho!

iris
01-13-2007, 11:07 PM
at the movies today, nothing at all TMNT. bleah!
Night @ the Museum is cute tho!

Ditto on both counts.

NIN Dark Knight
01-14-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm a projectionist at a movie theater in town and I've been placing the first teaser on all of our digital films like Night at the Museum, Charlotte's Web, Casino Royale, Happy Feet, Codename: The Cleaner, Freedom Writers...

And I will continue to do so until Warner realizes there's an older crowd who wants to see this too. Currently the new trailer has been enclosed with prints of 'Happy Never After' and 'Arthur & the Invisibles' to name a few.

Cascadia
01-14-2007, 03:52 PM
check out a new thread that I posted...people would be happy.

iris
01-14-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm a projectionist at a movie theater in town and I've been placing the first teaser on all of our digital films like Night at the Museum, Charlotte's Web, Casino Royale, Happy Feet, Codename: The Cleaner, Freedom Writers...

And I will continue to do so until Warner realizes there's an older crowd who wants to see this too. Currently the new trailer has been enclosed with prints of 'Happy Never After' and 'Arthur & the Invisibles' to name a few.
Go you! :)

Draconic
01-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I don't know if they would release that trailer... doesn't it still say March 30th?

gobo
01-15-2007, 09:37 AM
Absolutely, but the movie will certainly still be playing by then. :P

Buslady
01-15-2007, 11:46 AM

You Rock.

keep up the work, show people this isn't just a kiddie show!!

RskimB
01-15-2007, 12:09 PM
I'm already seeing commercials for 300, WB needs to start the ad campaign off.

Bircher
01-16-2007, 08:10 PM
the official TMNT could help by making the site focus more on the movie than on the FF cartoon. With reruns of the cartoon on now, and hype for the movie being in major need of improvement, the official 'ninjaturtles.com" site, IMHO, be the place to see movie stuff all over, especially the banner.

Masked Ninja
01-17-2007, 08:41 AM
^ Amen to that. FF is already a lost cause - and the movie needs every little bit of help it can get. Now, if the links to the Imagi and WB TMNT sites actually took you somewhere useful (aka more than a movie logo and/or links to the teaser), then that would be great, too. *sigh*

Aignatius
01-17-2007, 09:14 AM
Okay, this is annoying. I was watching American Idol last night, which holds a premium primetime advertising slot becauseof the ultra high ratings, and they had an ad for 4Kids. Which I thought was astounding. But what cartoon did they advertise? Viva Pinata. *slaps forehead* :dead:

SLASH!!!
01-17-2007, 03:59 PM
the official TMNT could help by making the site focus more on the movie than on the FF cartoon. With reruns of the cartoon on now, and hype for the movie being in major need of improvement, the official 'ninjaturtles.com" site, IMHO, be the place to see movie stuff all over, especially the banner.

Dude they did just that. Check it out.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/

Roseangelo
01-17-2007, 04:46 PM
YAY!!!!!!

I am SO glad I don't have to look at the FF crap anymore!

Spitfire
01-17-2007, 04:57 PM
I love how they never make new poses.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Dude they did just that. Check it out.

http://www.ninjaturtles.com/

Bitchin :evilgrin:

Bircher
01-17-2007, 11:06 PM
Ask and ye shall recieve. Thanks ninjaturtles.com!
Are you here or was this just a coincidence?

mikey2007
01-17-2007, 11:40 PM
I love how they never make new poses.

yeah, but u have to admit that's a darn good pose;)

mik8la
01-18-2007, 12:35 AM
yeah, but u have to admit that's a darn good pose;)

Ditto. I think it's interesting sticking them in that particular pose so that you can see the difference between the movie and new 'toon designs. I know I got a kick out of comparing the top image and the "kapow" banner.

Speaking of the ad campaign, if 4Kids can show FF Mikey arguing with some Winx Club character over some CG character from the movie "Arthur and the Invisibles", then Fox ought to put up a similar spot with the 'toon turtles maybe commenting on their movie counterparts or something (Mikey: "Ooh! I got baby blues!"). Or is Fox not allowed to advertise WB films?

sdp
01-18-2007, 11:26 AM
The trailer made it on the digg front page again, (the first time i submitted it) so thats great news making the front page of digg is BIG advertisement let alone twice, comments are mixed with some not liking the 'darker' or 'lighter' or 'cgi' tone of the movie but most of the comments are positive which is good news.
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y132/Jesterangelo/TMNDsig.jpg

man :/ I really hope this isn't a Lost Season spoiler...there needs to be a rule about that.

mikey2007
01-18-2007, 11:48 AM
The trailer made it on the digg front page again, (the first time i submitted it) so thats great news making the front page of digg is BIG advertisement let alone twice, comments are mixed with some not liking the 'darker' or 'lighter' or 'cgi' tone of the movie but most of the comments are positive which is good news.

man :/ I really hope this isn't a Lost Season spoiler...there needs to be a rule about that.

oh like u didn't know that they would eventually become dragons:P ;)

sgtfbomb
01-18-2007, 02:07 PM
The advertisement campaign has really disapointed me. You really have to Digg to learn what this film really is. Most of the people I talk to, got the impression that this was merely a "kiddie" movie. I spent all day yesterday defending it on the Movie Blog, against people who want the original comics. I guess it's the burp in the trailer, that automatically puts of staple of the '87 cartoon in their head. If the people compiling this campaign were trying to market it to the twentysomethings and people who loved the original film(s), then I think they are failing. I personally think the movie will rock, but it seems like I have a hard time convincing others who are just like 'i kinda want to see it but i kinda dont, that monster subplot is kinda whatever'

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-18-2007, 04:03 PM
The problem is that the fans know that the TMNT has a fanbase of people 18 and older, Kevin Munroe knows they have a fanbase of 18 and older, but the advertising monkeys don't. They instantly brand it for kids because of the concept, thats why the trailers have been attached to movies like The Ant Bully and Unacompanied Minors.

Thats why I think it's really up to us fans to spread the word, because they idiots in marketing are incompetent.

sgtfbomb
01-18-2007, 11:55 PM
I really wish the trailers were up to the filmmakers...because with trailers you can make a bad movie look good and a good movie look bad, or you can make one movie seem like a completely different movie all together, and I honestly believe a filmmaker wants a trailer to be represent their artistic creation the best way it can

As far as posters go, Ive seen quite a bit of TMNT posters in the theaters around here. There is this excellent banner with them posing on a rooftop

Kendamu
01-19-2007, 10:54 AM
The problem is that the fans know that the TMNT has a fanbase of people 18 and older, Kevin Munroe knows they have a fanbase of 18 and older, but the advertising monkeys don't. They instantly brand it for kids because of the concept, thats why the trailers have been attached to movies like The Ant Bully and Unacompanied Minors.

Thats why I think it's really up to us fans to spread the word, because they idiots in marketing are incompetent.
At the very least, the trailer did get attached to Eragon as well. So it's not totally being advertised amongst kids movies.

Also, this needs to be remembered:

A lot of people who were fans of the old toon when they were younger are parents now. Who takes kids to see those kids movies where TMNT is advertised? It's likely to be their parents! So it's not a total loss.

Warhorse
01-27-2007, 09:07 PM
Ok, some friends and I are getting together, and these people are some major movie buffs here, but they never knew that there was a new ninja turtle movie coming out until I showed them a trailer on youtube. Now they are excited for it.

They also didn't know about the Transformer flick either, but still, Transformers had a really good trailer out a good 6 months ahead of schedule. The Turtles are coming out in less than two months now.:( And still no marketing engine.

In The Clouds
01-30-2007, 11:06 AM
I just saw a commercial for the movie toys with clips from the new movie in it. Has anyone else seen this?

VGiselleH
01-30-2007, 11:11 AM
I just saw a commercial for the movie toys with clips from the new movie in it. Has anyone else seen this?

I didn't because I don't live in the US, but I saw somebody else mention this commercial somewhere else (not on this forum) as well. So...is this the beginning?

iris
01-30-2007, 12:38 PM

What channel? What time? During what program?

johnnyblaze
01-30-2007, 02:52 PM

yeah I caught near the end of it on Nickelodean (sp). It featured the skateboarding figures and had movie clips of Mikey skateboarding through the sewers

In The Clouds
01-30-2007, 04:09 PM
I actually saw it on Cartoon Network. It was around twelve-ish. PM, that is.

Kendamu
01-30-2007, 05:26 PM
Can we officially say that advertising has started then?

Ecto Jedi
01-30-2007, 05:41 PM
I suppose so. This, my friends, is the beginning of something great.

Warhorse
01-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Well, that's great for the people who like to watch Nikelodean to ge to see the trailer. But maybe they should show the trailer during a prime time family show or something. Like maybe America's Funniest Home Videos, Simpsons or Monk, etc.....

Kendamu
01-30-2007, 06:14 PM
It'll probably get some pretty wide showings as the premier draws closer.

xChri5x
01-30-2007, 08:39 PM
Maybe there will be a superbowl ad

Rooish
01-30-2007, 08:46 PM
... when pigs fly...

Bevandera
01-31-2007, 07:51 AM
The thing you have to remember is Transformers has a production budget in the nine digits... its marketing budget will be proportional. TMNT's budget isn't anywhere close...do you want them to blow it now so the younger audience will have forgotten about it by the time March 23rd rolls around, or closer to the release date so kids can ride the excitement right into the theater? What we want to happen and what's best for the movie's success aren't necessarily the same, especially in this case.

I'd love if they released a new trailer every two weeks and showed the first five minutes of the movie on Yahoo, but that doesn't mean it's what will help TMNT be a success. Let's trust the marketers to do their thing while we do ours. We can still spread hype however we see fit (show the first trailer to older fans, the second trailer to younger or less judgmental fans) and help make a sequel happen.

Also..a Super Bowl commercial spot costs a little over $2.6M this year...I don't see it happening.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
01-31-2007, 12:32 PM
Since this is a Warner Bros movie, I really hope sometime this month the CW can maybe show a 2 minute clip of the movie with they're Saturday morning line-up, or better yet, they're prime time line-up. They could attach it to Smallville, seeing as how they're both comic book related.

Roseangelo
02-13-2007, 09:06 AM
Warner Brothers has created four MySpace profiles, one for each Turtle:

Michaelangelo (http://www.myspace.com/michelangelotmntmovie)
Donatello (http://www.myspace.com/donatellotmntmovie)
Leonardo (http://www.myspace.com/leonardotmntmovie)
Raphael (http://www.myspace.com/raphaeltmntmovie)

Kunoichi_Haruko
02-13-2007, 12:02 PM

Sweetness! Thanks for posting this, Roseangelo!

Roseangelo
02-13-2007, 08:20 PM
Me again...

WB sent out an email today (you can subscribe to the list at tmnt.com) and at the bottom they featured TMNT!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v36/roseangelo/wb-email.jpg

The four wallpapers at the bottom are indeed new ones. I'll have them uploaded to my Flickr account in a little bit.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
02-13-2007, 09:13 PM
Nice, they're going for the myspace crowd.

Though I wish they would give the turltes a decent profile.

Masked Ninja
02-14-2007, 09:33 AM
One of my fellow animation students told me that his kids had come to him saying they'd seen "real Ninja Turtles!" on the TV.

Made me grin. :D

discordiatookie
02-15-2007, 02:40 PM
YAY! me and the missus went to see Hot Fuzz today (from the makers of Shawn of the Dead, it was even better than that! hilariously great!!) and as we went up the stairs to the screen room, low and behold, 3 MASSIVE turtle banners!! one for each turtle, except from Mikey :( and they also had a big carboard stand with four sides, turtle on each side... although i've yet to see the trailer on the big screen, this made me totally excited, and the prospect of the film seems all the more real to me now!!!

(also, I picked up the movie foot soldier today, which was nice!)

jezza
02-15-2007, 03:51 PM
Bit off topic, but I saw Hot Fuzz yesterday too and thought it was absolutey awesome. Even better than Shaun of the Dead with action that rivals some of hollywoods biggest blockbusters :lol: . I'm going to have to go watch it again

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
02-15-2007, 05:03 PM
So far Mikey is in the lead with 110 friends on MySpace

jezza
02-15-2007, 05:31 PM
Poor Raph. Hanging behind at 73

Kendamu
02-19-2007, 10:06 AM
Advertising blitz? I found this at http://www.superherohype.com/news/tmntnews.php?id=5232:

TMNT Promo & Merchandising Partners
Source: 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. February 19, 2007

In anticipation of the March 23 release of the all-new CGI action adventure TMNT, 4Kids Entertainment, Inc. and Warner Bros. Pictures have announced promotional and merchandising partners for the movie, based on the world-renowned Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles franchise.

McDonald's, Airheads, Hot Topic and other retailers, including Wal-Mart, Kmart and Toys "R" Us will put promotional muscle behind the new movie starring the heroes in a half shell.

"The impressive lineup of promotional partners supporting 'TMNT' reflects the quality of the movie," said Alfred R. Kahn, chairman and CEO of 4Kids Entertainment, which is the licensing agent for the Turtles franchise. "This is a movie for everybody -- from today's kids to adults who were fans of the original television series almost 20 years ago."

Support for the movie runs throughout March, including the following promotions:

-- McDonald's -- Kids can collect one of eight TMNT premiums with the purchase of a Happy Meal. The promotion is supported by television, radio and digital advertising.
-- Airheads -- For a limited time, a special lime green-flavored Airhead will be inserted into 12 million packs of the candy. Each package will also include a TMNT "tongue-tickling" tattoo. The promotion is supported by TV advertising.
-- Time Warner Cable (TWC) will air TV spots across TWC stations promoting a TMNT sweepstakes for a chance to win a trip to Warner Bros. Studios and secondary prizes. TMNT clips and footage will also be available On Demand to TWC subscribers. Additionally, TWC will hold advanced screening programs in three markets, as well as mall events in Dallas and Los Angeles, all of which will include TMNT Ubisoft video games and Time Warner Cable prize giveaways.
-- Cool Cuts 4 Kids -- The salon chain for kids will offer TMNT coloring books, card games and other fun items to customers, who will also have a chance to enter in a sweepstakes where the winning Cool Cuts family will be treated to a private screening of TMNT. They will also distribute advanced TMNT screening passes to customers in the Dallas market.
-- Kmart -- Customers who make a $10 minimum purchase of TMNT movie toys from Playmates, including action figures and role play items, will receive an exclusive pack of four collectible TMNT Movie Trading Cards while supplies last.
-- Hot Topic -- Home of a national TMNT sweepstakes where the Grand Prize is a VIP Fly-Away trip for two to Hollywood that includes a tour of Warner Bros. Studios and a TMNT movie screening.
-- Wal-Mart -- 1,000 top Wal-Mart stores will give away movie posters while supplies last to every customer making a TMNT movie toy purchase.
-- Toys "R" Us -- With a $20 minimum purchase of Playmates TMNT movie toys, including action figures and role play items, customers will receive a $5 TMNT movie-branded Toys "R" Us gift card while supplies last. A special TMNT movie feature shop will be erected in the Times Square store in New York City.

4Kids has also signed on 35 licensees to support TMNT, with products ranging from action playsets and vehicles (Playmates) to videogames (Ubisoft) to an exclusive line of retro and movie apparel at Hot Topic.

The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in 1984 by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman, and made their television debut in 1987. The latest incarnation of the TV series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward, is a top-rated show on 4Kids TV on FOX on Saturday mornings. Set in the year 2105, Fast Forward takes the Turtles on futuristic adventures filled with comedy, action ... and aliens.

Starting March 3, 4Kids TV on FOX will host weekly promotions including the First Annual NinjAcademy Awards where kids can vote for the Best Turtle, Best Villain, Best Invention, Best Monster, and more, online. As voting results come in, episodes that feature each winner will air. In addition, a special "lost episode" will air on March 24 as well as new episodes of Fast Forward throughout the month. TMNT videogame partner Ubisoft will also sponsor weekly videogame tips.

Roseangelo
02-19-2007, 10:32 AM
OMG ... *falls over*

*surrenders wallet to all companies mentioned above*

Actually, I don't care how expensive this gets. Knowing I'll be able to go to all of these places and find TMNT signage and stuff just brings me back to the excitement of waiting for the first three movies when I was a kid.

Masked Ninja
02-19-2007, 11:45 AM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were created in 1984 by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman, and made their television debut in 1987. The latest incarnation of the TV series, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Fast Forward, is a top-rated show on 4Kids TV on FOX on Saturday mornings. Set in the year 2105, Fast Forward takes the Turtles on futuristic adventures filled with comedy, action ... and aliens.

Starting March 3, 4Kids TV on FOX will host weekly promotions including the First Annual NinjAcademy Awards where kids can vote for the Best Turtle, Best Villain, Best Invention, Best Monster, and more, online. As voting results come in, episodes that feature each winner will air. In addition, a special "lost episode" will air on March 24 as well as new episodes of Fast Forward throughout the month. TMNT videogame partner Ubisoft will also sponsor weekly videogame tips. I suppose it's accurate that FF is credited as the lastest TMNT incarnation... but I wouldn't be calling attention to that one when they had a much better show a year ago... *sigh* However, this "lost episode" bit intrigues me. Insane in the Membrane perhaps? Or maybe the episode after Ninja Tribunal? *shrug*

Of course, that's why we need to vote for the 2k3 stuff in the awards thingy.... so 2k3 episodes will air for people who tune in because of the hype. :D

Besides that, I want a poster... and stuff at Mickey D's... :thyper:

Roseangelo
02-19-2007, 11:47 AM
So am I the only dork excited that after all these years they finally get a deal with McDonald's and NOT Burger King?

SeaThreePeeO
02-19-2007, 11:58 AM
Speaking of McDonalds, it was on a family treat trip there the other day that I actually found out the movie was on the go ahead. They've started printing a pictures of the turtles and Movie Coming Soon...... on the happy meal boxes here in the UK.

I think I was more excited about the happy meal box then my eldest :roll: :lol:

TheRedOne
02-19-2007, 12:44 PM
before i get excited about the mcd toys, i want to see what they are.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
02-19-2007, 01:03 PM
Advertising blitz? I found this at http://www.superherohype.com/news/tmntnews.php?id=5232:

And to think we doubted them.

Well, they've got the kids down. So all we have to do is spread the word to the 18-25 year old crowd.

invictus1002
02-19-2007, 01:41 PM
I'll place the trailer on my portable media center and show my friends at school. I want this movie to do well. Death to the transformers long live the new TMNT!

i want this movie to do well too. make sure you go pay for this movie and take your friends and their mommas too.
TMNT does well= a sequel and the cartoon will continue as well(hopefully they go back tocurrent times instead of FF)

sgtfbomb
02-19-2007, 02:59 PM
So am I the only dork excited that after all these years they finally get a deal with McDonald's and NOT Burger King?

But I love it when they dealed with BK..I remember when they had videos of the original series! I used to have a few of those

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
But I love it when they dealed with BK..I remember when they had videos of the original series! I used to have a few of those

Plus, I don't trust McDonalds. I'm almost postive they put AIDS in those Chicken Nuggets.

iris
02-19-2007, 03:55 PM
Well, BK is slightly better in quality, and currently occupies a 'more mature' (and... creepier??!) place in pop culture, but McD's is definitely much, much, much bigger... and therefore more cost-effective for your advertising budget.

Roseangelo
02-19-2007, 03:56 PM

Oh I had all the TMNT BK toys and videos at one point. But I'd rather eat McDonald's crap than BK crap.

sgtfbomb
02-19-2007, 05:32 PM
Actually, i prefer BK's food and service as well, though their services both suck, but at least when I order a HAMburger at BK I dont get a CHEESEburger instead.

So they have all this McDonald, Wlmart/K Mart, Time Warner Cable stuff..but what about the actual advertisement. They have to get more TV Spots or trailers out there for people to know what the film may be like, instead of some pin-up in the middle of walmart or mcdonalds

JohnnyFoxDarko
02-19-2007, 05:47 PM
I think out of all those, I'll probably go for the Mcdonalds toys and see if my walmart is handing out posters.
Oh yeah, and try those airheads. :p

gobo
02-19-2007, 07:21 PM
Perhaps... But, only because I refuse to refer to myself as a dork. I'm a geek, durnit!
Oh I had all the TMNT BK toys and videos at one point. But I'd rather eat McDonald's crap than BK crap.
I refuse to eat at BK. I'm only not-a-fan-of Mickey D's. But, they are a better advertising choice, objectively speaking. They have better sales.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
02-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Well, at least we got Ronald McDonald on our side and not that creepy king.

Ronald: "Yes kids, go see TMNT, and keep surrendering your souls to me.....yes....and get active"

Raph's Girl
02-19-2007, 08:27 PM

OMG!! I just GOTTA get Raph on my friends list!!! :evilgrin:

Anyways... gotta love all the advertising they'll be doing now. McDonalds, K-Mart, and Wal-mart I can go to...heck I can just walk to McDonalds... Hot Topic and Toys R Us are a little hard for me to go to. The closest ones of each are at the Tacoma Mall and I generally dislike going there. Meh Ah well...I was gonna be in that area anyways soon to get some new Nascar gear.

misfitmarley
02-26-2007, 07:53 AM
Hi everyone long time reader first time poster. Thought I'd post to let everyone know I just saw a new preview on network Television. During Regis and Kelly of all places.

It was about 30 seconds long and had new scenes I hadn't seen from the leaked pics or from the previous trailer. Even had Mikey saying, "I love being a turtle". This is the first preview I've seen anywhere on TV besides On Demand, so I hope this is the start of a huge marketing juggernaut.

gobo
02-26-2007, 10:11 AM
ROCK!! I gots to see dat shizzy, yo. ^_^ BTW, happy today, noob. You'll get plenty more warm welcomes if you post in the 'intros' forum. Give it a try.

Jester
02-26-2007, 11:05 AM
I still love that it's less tha a month away and the WB's site is still not all there...grrr.

Although...did you know that if you click on the Turtles on the sub pages, there are alternate pose pictures?

VGiselleH
02-26-2007, 11:34 AM
Although...did you know that if you click on the Turtles on the sub pages, there are alternate pose pictures?

...no, I for one didn't! Thanks!

johnnyblaze
02-26-2007, 02:46 PM
the video game at Comic Con this past weekend seemed to generate alot of buzz on the turtle movie front.

it seriously is a fun game

misfitmarley
02-26-2007, 03:52 PM
Hey Johnnyblaze, I agree with you there, every time I went the video game consoles playing TMNT, they were always filled with people playing them. And there were at least 10 of them. Did you win any of the figures in the raffles? I won a Max Winters on Saturday night, I actually turned down the cell phone for a figure.

And Thanks for the welcome Gobo, I'll probably head over to the intro section soon, just wanted to give everyone a heads up that the campaign had finally started.

BTW all I saw the same preview again on TBS during their comedy block between 12-5pm. I'm hoping to see it a few more times tonight on shows like Heroes, Prison Break and WWE:Raw so it gets maximum exposure.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-05-2007, 06:40 PM
TMNT MySpace Update:

Michelangelo: 2830 friends
Donatello: 2684 friends
Leonardo: 2773 friends
Raphael: 2772 friends

Wow, it's intresting that Leo has just one more friend than Raph. Even more insentive for Raph durring the big fight.

poobone
03-05-2007, 06:51 PM
TMNT MySpace Update:

Michelangelo: 2830 friends
Donatello: 2684 friends
Leonardo: 2773 friends
Raphael: 2772 friends

Wow, it's intresting that Leo has just one more friend than Raph. Even more insentive for Raph durring the big fight.

make that 2 more, i just added leo. :lol:

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-05-2007, 07:51 PM
Raph is gonna be pissed now.

Rooish
03-05-2007, 08:12 PM
I wonder if this solves the definitive most popular turtle universally question once and for all?

Jester
03-05-2007, 08:25 PM
Saw 3 diffrent TMNT trailers during Fox's Animation Domination or is it called Seth MacFarlane Over-kill now, I forget?

Ralphmacchio
03-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Saw 3 diffrent TMNT trailers during Fox's Animation Domination or is it called Seth MacFarlane Over-kill now, I forget?

Your signature reminds me of ex-roommate who would frequently get high with Rob and ICP(my roommates band). He had the weirdest friends. But, I never got to meet him. I heard he was kind of an ass.

Whitewolf89
03-05-2007, 09:40 PM
Me again...

WB sent out an email today (you can subscribe to the list at tmnt.com) and at the bottom they featured TMNT!

Just out of curiosity, is the tmnt.com that you have listed here the official website, or a different one entirely? If it's different, I'm heading over there to check it out (AND to subscribe...IF it's free!:lol: ).

And on the note of advertising, we saw an ad for the movie aired on our local CBS channel (KOLR10, Springfield, MO) the other night, during CSI, I think. My mom and niece yelled at me when they saw it and I practically broke my neck getting to the living room from my bedroom (which is maybe like 5 feet!) to see it. Unfortunately, I only caught the tail-end of the clip, and we haven't seen one since.

Which is NOT to say that we HAVEN'T been watching for them!:lol:

Although there IS a preview on both disks of the TMNT: Fast Forward DVD that was just released.

Also, about all that I've found concerning the movie at our local Wal-Mart are the action figures. Haven't found a poster OR novelization/movie book yet. But I'm still looking.

PLUS which, I'll be picking up the comic book adaptations of the movie sometime this month when I go up to my comic shop in Willow Springs, MO. THAT's going to take a sizeable chunk out of my movie/comics/DVDs/toys budget for the month!

Triad have mercy, but I am going to be SO broke by the time this month is over...............

Roseangelo
03-05-2007, 09:43 PM
Just out of curiosity, is the tmnt.com that you have listed here the official website, or a different one entirely? If it's different, I'm heading over there to check it out (AND to subscribe...IF it's free!:lol: ).

Yup, it's the official movie site. It'll redirect you to tmnt.warnerbrothers.com, but it's a lot easier to type tmnt.com. :)

Whitewolf89
03-05-2007, 09:58 PM
Okay, thankies, Rose. I'll check it out.

And just for the record, when I said the OFFICIAL website, I was refering to the official TMNT site, ninjaturtles.com, that Dan Berger runs. I didn't know but what they'd changed their domain name. Now I know better. Silly me.:lol:

Roseangelo
03-05-2007, 10:01 PM
Okay, thankies, Rose. I'll check it out.

And just for the record, when I said the OFFICIAL website, I was refering to the official TMNT site, ninjaturtles.com, that Dan Berger runs. I didn't know but what they'd changed their domain name. Now I know better. Silly me.:lol:

Oh, well then I misunderstood you. TMNT.com is the official site for the movie, that's all. NinjaTurtles.com is still the official Mirage page run by Dan Berger. Sorry 'bout that!

Whitewolf89
03-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh, it's no biggie. I'm just easily confused, that's all. Wasn't your fault.

But I know the right one now, so it's all good.

Now, if I could just get my darned comp and Internet connection to cooperate with me so I can get to the WB site before dawn............... *glares at slow, uncooperative comp*

CyberCubed
03-05-2007, 10:22 PM
Saw a trailer during Oprah today...

...don't ask.

Ralphmacchio
03-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Saw a trailer during Oprah today...

...don't ask.

They need to get the cast on Oprah look what it did for Wild hogs. That movie had so much bad press it should have bombed. But, if you have oprah's legion of moms anything is possible.

Masked Ninja
03-06-2007, 11:43 AM
This isn't quite a movie publicity sighting, but it amused me nonetheless.

In the LRC (a place in our college library where you can watch videos for class) there's a sign on the wall saying something like "beware the new shredder" above a paper shredder. There's a picture of new 'toon Splinter in fighting stance on the sign. I left the room grinning from ear to ear. :D

gobo
03-06-2007, 02:31 PM
That's so freaking awesome! :lol: :D

VaughnMichael
03-06-2007, 03:08 PM
haha yeah it is you're school should have done the adds for the new movie lol

Raph's Girl
03-06-2007, 05:10 PM
They need to get the cast on Oprah look what it did for Wild hogs. That movie had so much bad press it should have bombed. But, if you have oprah's legion of moms anything is possible.

Getting the cast on Oprah would be fun. The TMNT themselves were on Oprah in 1990 during the Coming Out Of Our Shells Tour. Shredder scared the crap out of a bunch of kids. :lol:

I like in the 2nd movie they're watching tv and Raph's tired of news reports.. "Isn't Oprah on?!" :lol:

Oprah's very popular among superheroes....she's in Marvel comics alot and was even at Storm and Black Panther's wedding in Africa.

VaughnMichael
03-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Getting the cast on Oprah would be fun. The TMNT themselves were on Oprah in 1990 during the Coming Out Of Our Shells Tour. Shredder scared the crap out of a bunch of kids. :lol:

I like in the 2nd movie they're watching tv and Raph's tired of news reports.. "Isn't Oprah on?!" :lol:

Oprah's very popular among superheroes....she's in Marvel comics alot and was even at Storm and Black Panther's wedding in Africa.

haha thats awsome I never knew any of that stuff thanks rpah's girl and man oh man some one needs to get that shredder scaring the kids thing on youtube like asap!

Roseangelo
03-06-2007, 05:18 PM
The concert Turtles were on Oprah back in 1990 or 91. I think they scared her...

Ralphmacchio
03-06-2007, 06:02 PM
Oprah owns middle aged woman. She has more faithful followers than Hitler.

VaughnMichael
03-06-2007, 07:36 PM
Oprah owns middle aged woman. She has more faithful followers than Hitler.

omg you jus compaired Oprah to HITLER hahahahahhaha:lol:

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
omg you jus compaired Oprah to HITLER hahahahahhaha:lol:

Hitler was more subtle.

Raph's Girl
03-06-2007, 07:43 PM
haha thats awsome I never knew any of that stuff thanks rpah's girl and man oh man some one needs to get that shredder scaring the kids thing on youtube like asap!

Yea I remember it. Oprah was talking and all of the sudden Shredder pops up behind the audience (which was all kids) and all the kids by him on the back row jumped. :lol:

I also remember an odd bit... Michelangelo kept on hinting that he and April were a couple.

VaughnMichael
03-06-2007, 08:03 PM
Hitler was more subtle.

say wha?
Yea I remember it. Oprah was talking and all of the sudden Shredder pops up behind the audience (which was all kids) and all the kids by him on the back row jumped. :lol:

I also remember an odd bit... Michelangelo kept on hinting that he and April were a couple.

o my thats so funny this needs to be shown!

Aignatius
03-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Heh, I remember that Oprah show. Oprah had asked about if there was anything happening between April and-- was it Mike, or Raph? Anyway, he said along the lines of, "Yeah, I asked April how she felt about an interspecies relationship, but she said, no way." Then April shook her head with this fixed smile like, "Don't even go there." And then I think it was Mike who said, "Yeah, she can't hold her breath long enough, anyway."
Which brought on a lot of laughing. Sheez... :D

Ashangelo
03-07-2007, 11:16 AM
Hmm, never saw the Oprah bit, sounds amusing though. As for advertising I've seen a few trailers for it on a whole bunch of different channels. I'm also doing advertising of my own by showing the first movie at the movie store where I work lol. People always get really surprised when they notice it playing.

Whitewolf89
03-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Heh, I remember that Oprah show. Oprah had asked about if there was anything happening between April and-- was it Mike, or Raph? Anyway, he said along the lines of, "Yeah, I asked April how she felt about an interspecies relationship, but she said, no way." Then April shook her head with this fixed smile like, "Don't even go there." And then I think it was Mike who said, "Yeah, she can't hold her breath long enough, anyway."
Which brought on a lot of laughing. Sheez... :D

Wish that I could've seen it, but Oprah isn't on our local CBS channel, unfortunately.:cry:

Crud, but I hate having only ONE TV channel to watch! I'm missing ALL of the GOOD TMNT stuff!!!:cry: :cry: :cry:

Aignatius
03-07-2007, 10:40 PM
That particular Oprah show aired some time back in 91 or 92. My daughter barely remembers it. :lol:

Whitewolf89
03-08-2007, 09:31 PM
Oh, I see. I though that it had been recently. Thanks for the info, though.

Raph's Girl
03-09-2007, 07:54 AM
Wish that I could've seen it, but Oprah isn't on our local CBS channel, unfortunately.:cry:

It aired in 1990 during their concert tour. I just have a good memory over some stuff and that's one thing I remember. I also remember that all the neighbor kids came to my place to watch it. Ah those were the days. :D

TerranigmaFreak
03-09-2007, 09:12 AM
I hate to say it, but I still find the ad campaign a bit weak. I only saw the commercial once on TV and have seen at least 4 Meet The Robinsons commercial 4 times in the last 2 days. Maybe I'm just unlucky.

Jo Dawn
03-09-2007, 09:37 AM
You're unlucky. I've never seen one Meet the Robinsons commercial, but I see a TMNT commercial almost once a commercial break! (Flipping through the channels, they are ALWAYS ON).

It's good, though. Get the hype up.

TerranigmaFreak
03-09-2007, 09:39 AM
You're unlucky. I've never seen one Meet the Robinsons commercial, but I see a TMNT commercial almost once a commercial break! (Flipping through the channels, they are ALWAYS ON).

Good good. For me, the last time I saw the TMNT commercial was Sunday while I saw Meet the Robinsons twice last night.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I've seen several MtR commercials. Doesn't look that appealing, but it doesn't matter. It's got a breakdancing T-Rex, so kids are already going to flock to it.

Aignatius
03-09-2007, 10:47 PM
1990, wow, so long ago... :D

I've been seeing the ad a lot now, and all the different versions. They showed it on G4 tonight. I stop what I'm doing to watch the trailer. I never get tired of seeing Raph laughing and Mike peeking out from under the manhole cover. :D

RskimB
03-12-2007, 10:24 AM

yea it reminds me of 300 b/c i swear i see a tmnt commercial like once an hour

Splinter's Iroonna
03-12-2007, 02:10 PM
Found this while killing time at work-- there's not much commentary (and what there is is rather uninformed and prolly insulting)-- but there are a few "new" pictures to go with it.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/03/12/sarah-michelle-gellar-tmnt/

TMNT
03-12-2007, 02:14 PM
The "new" pictures are great to see. It gives more insight into April's character. Nice find.

jezza
03-12-2007, 02:17 PM
Great Find Splinter's Iroona.

TerranigmaFreak
03-12-2007, 03:28 PM
http://buzznet-00.vo.llnwd.net/media/jj1/2007/03/sarah_michelle_gellar_tmnt/sarah-michelle-gellar-tmnt-02.jpg

Is that April!? She looks better with that hair. Her "default" hair makes her look like a cafeteria lunch lady without the hair net.

Kunoichi_Haruko
03-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Found this while killing time at work-- there's not much commentary (and what there is is rather uninformed and prolly insulting)-- but there are a few "new" pictures to go with it.

http://justjared.buzznet.com/2007/03/12/sarah-michelle-gellar-tmnt/

Thanks so much!

Masked Ninja
03-12-2007, 04:00 PM
She still has ridiculouly small arms, but I'm not as worried about her face/head looking passable anymore. That's a relief.

Whitewolf89
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
Well, after weeks of waiting on our local CBS station, KOLR10 (that's the only station/channel that we can GET right now, due to NO cable OR satelitte service, and we have to depend on a pair of danged rabbit-ears (and NO, they're NOT Usagi's; I wish!)) to get smart and FINALLY start airing ads for the movie, I FINALLY got see one of the trailers this morning as I was feeding our fish! Yeah, the picture was a bit on the grainy side, but I SAW it! And it looked good!!! Oooooo, I am now so PUMPED for this!!! (NOT that I wasn't already, y' understand. *smirks*)

:lol: Anyway, I'm about to drive my family nuts with my enthusiasm (who says a 50 year old can't act like a teenager sometimes, when it comes to stuff like this?! Heck, I do!:lol: ). I think that THEY'LL be as glad as I am when the 23rd comes!!!

And speaking of that, only 10 more days to go!:D Are y'all excited?!

(Yeah, I know; I'm a nut.)

Splinter's Iroonna
03-12-2007, 04:14 PM
NP, and I see there are more in another thread-- sorry if it's similar-- and man, those other pics!!!

Roseangelo
03-15-2007, 10:03 PM
Saw a new commercial tonight during The Office that focused on the family theme of the movie. :)

And a longer version of the same commercial during Scrubs! Woohoo!

TMNT4Ever
03-15-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm glad the film is being advertised pretty well. Hopefully, people will be flocking to this film and give it it's much needed dough. Then sequel time!

TerranigmaFreak
03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
Believe it or not, I still manged to only see the commercial for this movie once, and that was 2 weeks ago, I believe. Wow, talk about bad luck.

jignat
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
I saw one during Family Guy on fox last night, with the roll call.

syk_skillz
03-16-2007, 12:34 PM
My brother who is in grade school has advertisements for the movie in his lunch menu for this month.

VaughnMichael
03-16-2007, 01:23 PM
My brother who is in grade school has advertisements for the movie in his lunch menu for this month.
wow really!? thats a way to get to the kids I've never even thought of that!

johnnyblaze
03-16-2007, 04:27 PM
did anyone see the Mikey heavy commercial where he, Leo, and Don are in front of the tv and Mikey jumps up and hugs Leo around the waist, pinning his arms to his side--Leo has a slightly caught off gaurd look on his face

Class is Pain 101
03-16-2007, 04:29 PM
it was in my school news paper as upcoming events. The only movie on there.

Kunoichi_Haruko
03-16-2007, 04:29 PM
did anyone see the Mikey heavy commercial where he, Leo, and Don are in front of the tv and Mikey jumps up and hugs Leo around the waist, pinning his arms to his side--Leo has a slightly caught off gaurd look on his face

No! Where'd you see that one?!

EDIT: Ha. I've seen it now-- during Ninja Warrior, no less. :lol:

Raph's Girl
03-16-2007, 04:31 PM

Yea.. I saw that one this morning during The View. :lol:

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Yea.. I saw that one this morning during The View. :lol:

I'm not even gonna ask.

VaughnMichael
03-16-2007, 06:47 PM
I'm not even gonna ask.
aww you know you love rosie she's so much like raphael and barbera is like leo hahahahh

jignat
03-16-2007, 07:01 PM
You know what sucks is that I looked at the guest lists for a lot of tv talk shows and NO ONE from TMNT is a guest. That kinda blows. They should have got Stewart/Gellar/Evans/Zhang to do at least a couple seeing as they're the big names.
Isnt that the point of hiring these celebs do voices? lol

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-16-2007, 07:20 PM
aww you know you love rosie she's so much like raphael and barbera is like leo hahahahh

Great. Now every time I think of Leo and Raph I'm gonna vomit with rage.

Raph's Girl
03-16-2007, 08:16 PM

Would be nice if Barbara Wawa interviewed the TMNT again like she did for the 2nd movie. :lol:

But yea...I generally avoid the View like the plague but they've been talking about American Idol recently so I watch it for their coments and then change the channel. :P I can't stand Rosie.

raphaelprime
03-16-2007, 08:20 PM
You know what sucks is that I looked at the guest lists for a lot of tv talk shows and NO ONE from TMNT is a guest. That kinda blows. They should have got Stewart/Gellar/Evans/Zhang to do at least a couple seeing as they're the big names.
Isnt that the point of hiring these celebs do voices? lol

Most of the time if a guest is on its to promote a movie thats comming out that week, so i would expect to see someone on next week or the week after.

johnnyblaze
03-17-2007, 05:49 PM
ha ha I just saw another variation of the Mikey hugs Leo commercial--it added a clip where Raph and Don give each other a pound lol sweet stuff

In The Clouds
03-17-2007, 08:44 PM
Dude, I just got back from my movie theater, and they still don't have any big movie poster things. BUT they did have little posters EVERYWHERE. And some of the employees were wearing these awsome hats that had "TMNT" written on them. The best part though: some of the employees had a manhole cover with the TMNT logo on it STAMPED ON THEIR FACE!!!!
Totally made my night.

Warhorse
03-17-2007, 09:34 PM
Ok. I just saw this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCxV8Ci3aIY and can't help thinking, they have got to make a music video using the animation from this movie, just like this homemade one. It's one of the best ways to advertise movies in my opinion!

Also, think they could have used P.O.D.'s Youth of a Nation song in the movie? Or is that too depressing for the TMNT? (I ask because Youth of a Nation is one of my favorite songs ever.)

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-17-2007, 09:35 PM
I saw it. Awesome video.

Your'e right, they should air that.

VaughnMichael
03-17-2007, 10:34 PM
I'm sorry and I'm sure no one will agree with me because you guys usually on't be the advertising campaign really sucks for this movie I mean seriously there's like next to nothing to promote a movie thats a week away...are they just not caring about the movie? or are they just being cocky because it's tmnt?:o

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
03-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I'm sorry and I'm sure no one will agree with me because you guys usually on't be the advertising campaign really sucks for this movie I mean seriously there's like next to nothing to promote a movie thats a week away...are they just not caring about the movie? or are they just being cocky because it's tmnt?:o

I don't know about you, but I've been seeing TV promos everyday. Fox, CW, TBS, Cartoon Network, Toon Disney, Comedy Central, Fuse.

Probably MTV and Nickelodeon too.

Warhorse
03-17-2007, 10:45 PM
I've been seeing some commercials too. But still, the only people who are aware of this movie right now are TMNT hard core fans and comic book fans.

They got some big name stars hooked to this thing. Time to bring out the big guns now!

I honestly don't think this movie is going to be making the same numbers as 300 did in it's opening weekend, but I sure hope it has stamina to hail from word of mouth. It wont be the first time the that has happened. Because we have to make, what, 100 million domestically to get a sequel?