PDA

View Full Version : New Garfield Animated Series is coming

Dontebell
02-03-2007, 09:12 PM
Garfield is getting a new Animated Series
http://www.newsfromme.com/archives/2007_02_01.html#012848

Deathknight
02-03-2007, 09:24 PM
*sigh* I thought the movies did really bad. Oh well, it might be decent, who knows.

DrSpengler
02-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Well, there's a chance, a CHANCE, that it might be as funny as Garfield & Friends. However, that's a pretty high bar, as Garfield & Friends was one of the funniest shows of the time.

Lack of Lorenzo Music will likely also be a factor in the new show's quality.

ZariusTwo
02-03-2007, 09:29 PM
Nice to see there getting the head writer of "Garfeild and Friends" back for this, though it may seem hollow without Orson's Farm backing it. That made the show whenever Garfeild was'nt.

I still think the best Garfield animated production was the ubelivably dark and subversive "His 9 Lives", a film one should never show to your seven year old unless you skip at least five of the shorts in it. Creepy s*it.

Raph's Girl
02-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Lack of Lorenzo Music will likely also be a factor in the new show's quality.

A new Garfield series??? hmm... Will Jon be married to Liz?? He's not in the newspaper comic (Yet)...but who knows. Yea it won't be the same without the late great Lorenzo Music...but hey...at least we have Bill Murray to fall back on.....

DrSpengler
02-04-2007, 12:02 AM
A new Garfield series??? hmm... Will Jon be married to Liz?? He's not in the newspaper comic (Yet)...but who knows. Yea it won't be the same without the late great Lorenzo Music...but hey...at least we have Bill Murray to fall back on.....

Well, Bill likely won't do a Garfield TV series (or the producers won't be able to afford him). They'll probably go for a sound-alike for Music.

I can't believe Jon and Liz finally hooked up in the comic.

It only took Jon, what, 20 years of consistent sexual harassment to get her to come around?

Time Mistress
02-04-2007, 04:22 PM
Lorenzo will be a tough act to follow. I also loved US Acres even more than Garfield.

DrSpengler
02-04-2007, 04:26 PM
Yeah, USAcres was a great middle segment of the old show and helped break up the montony of the Garfield stories. I always liked it and its large, colorful cast. I wasn't, er, cognisent-enough to read the USAcres comic strip during its brief run in newspapers (I believe it was canceled in 89).

Shark
02-04-2007, 11:22 PM
The comics these days kinda give me a, TVPG feel, but still good enough for kids to read. What do you guys think?

Anarchistguy
02-05-2007, 08:40 AM
Lorenzo will be a tough act to follow. I also loved US Acres even more than Garfield.

I started liking US Acres when they stopped the singing.

TigerClaw
02-05-2007, 11:18 AM
Interesting, I hope they get the original voice actor of Garfield from the original series.

DrSpengler
02-05-2007, 11:25 AM
Interesting, I hope they get the original voice actor of Garfield from the original series.

I have some bad news for you...

iris
02-05-2007, 01:00 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/Timefishblue/Garfieldcomic.jpg

ZariusTwo
02-05-2007, 01:43 PM
http://sam.zoy.org/goatse/garfield.jpg

Raph's Girl
02-05-2007, 08:21 PM

Unfortunatly the original VA, Lorenzo Music, died in 2001 of cancer. Which is why they use Bill Murray in the movies.

Deathknight
02-05-2007, 08:27 PM
http://sam.zoy.org/goatse/garfield.jpg

ROFL, that's hilarious.

ThirdMarioBro
02-05-2007, 08:42 PM
The unfortunuate ack of Lorenzo Music takes away one point because he represented Garfield perfectly, but the addition of Mark Evanier makes me have high hope that this won't suck. Mark Evanier wrote Garfield and Friends. Cross your fingers.

Shark
02-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I'd just be happy if it didn't include that damn pig and his friends. I only watched Garfeild segments, always changed the channel when the other segment came on.

mikey2007
02-05-2007, 10:49 PM
oh man i used to watch this show like everyday, it always had one really good segment (of the 3) and if not, they had something bonus in there to make it good, they used to play it all the time last year, but i haven't seen it on tv lately, they need it back on

Drtooth
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM
I'm sure they can get another Garfield. If they simply have to go the "Sounds like Bill Murray" route, they should use Dave Coulier... after all, he was the second voice of Peter in Ghostbusters. He did a wonderful impersonation of Bill Murray for that one.

I will say, if they DID intend to do the U.S. Acres segment, it won't be the same without Howard Morris as Wade Duck. Howard dies last year, but I think he was obscenely old anyway, so it's not as tragic.

I hope they can keep the same other recurring roles, Jon, Odie, Liz with their respective voice actors.

The CGI bit worries me, though.

And if the cartoon series doesn't pan out, a prime time specail would be great.

Shark
02-07-2007, 05:19 PM
I'll never be able to think of Normel the same way after that movie...

DrSpengler
02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll never be able to think of Normel the same way after that movie...

Yeah, what was up with that? They turned Nermal into a gruff Mexican cat. I much prefer the ambiguously gendered, obnoxiously cute version.

And some form of Garfield media *totally* needs to bring back Lyman in some capacity. Just because.