PDA

View Full Version : how many times are you going to see this movie?

LogicDonny
02-05-2007, 05:36 PM
Me. 2 times probably.

One at a major theatre and a cheap threatre then dvd.

I don't have alot of money to blow on stuff like multiple viewing but at least I'll see it twice in theatres.

Warhorse
02-05-2007, 05:49 PM
Probably three or four times. But if I really like it, possibly more.

Roseangelo
02-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Oh, I would have no problem seeing this movie three times opening weekend alone. And then possibly at least once a week after that for as long as I can find a theater playing it. :D

sdp
02-05-2007, 06:04 PM
Once since tickets are 8$ or more, maybe once on a cheap theater too but by that time it'll probably be almost on dvd which i'd rather just buy.

gobo
02-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Planning on at least 5. That would best the only movie I've ever seen at the theaters 4 times, 'Independence Day'.

Mr. Snackpants
02-05-2007, 07:28 PM
Just once. More is a waste of money imo. Especially since theres this site I go to that has movies, still in theaters, available to watch.

Masked Ninja
02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Movie tickets are expensive. I plan on once, definitely, but if I like it enough I may have to go back for another showing. Probably would wait a week or two (or however long it took someone to drive me a second time :D) but two is probably my limit.

Raph's Girl
02-05-2007, 07:44 PM
Just once in theatre then over and over again once the DVD comes out. :P

Hopefully there's an early enough showing cuz before noon here it only costs $4. :evilgrin:

Aelia
02-05-2007, 08:02 PM
Well, if I really like it I'll go see it twice. But I'm gonna make sure the first time is ROCKIN'. I'm bringing all of my friends to raid the best theater in town and NOBODY is going to stop us! Except for maybe the Police.

Raph's Girl
02-05-2007, 08:14 PM
Well, if I really like it I'll go see it twice. But I'm gonna make sure the first time is ROCKIN'. I'm bringing all of my friends to raid the best theater in town and NOBODY is going to stop us! Except for maybe the Police.

I was thinking of taking a couple kids I know who are fans but they're all school age now (which makes me feel old since I've known 2 of em all their lives...) and I wanna go opening day. Maybe I'll see it twice....once on my own and a 2nd time with Billy, Michel (who's called me Ninja Turtle since he was 2), and Sheyanne (who at age 10 has a major crush on Don. Reminds me of me at that age. :evilgrin: ).

Aelia
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
I wish my brothers would go see the movie with me though. My second oldest brother comes home on leave (He's in the Army) during March and since it's opening during our Spring Break then my oldest brother could come too (College Teacher) and the same goes for my youngest sister (Who I cannot convince to come because she thinks I'm a loser for 'liking' TMNT as she calls it. She's mistaken, I LOVE it.) I really wanted to make it a family AND friends deal so I'd at least get to hang out with my brothers and sister without having a deathmatch over who gets to ride in the front seat.

ThemanthatwouldbeRaphael
02-05-2007, 09:28 PM
Most likley, 3 times.

dustinm
02-05-2007, 10:41 PM
i love the turtles because i grew up with them but i have a 4 year old son who loves them just as much as i do so im sure we will see it at least 5 times

CyberCubed
02-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Once in the theater, many times on DVD.

RskimB
02-06-2007, 12:18 AM
At least twice, maybe a third time if its really good. it'll be the only film i've done this for.

Dragnskull
02-06-2007, 01:00 AM
luckily until about 4 months ago i worked for a movie theate r[btw i have the first trailors actual projector film :)] and i have teh_hookup. im getting in free, and i already told my boss [big brother] of my new job that im not showing up on the 23rd

im going to watch it from open to close [of corse skipping a show or two to get back into reality]

Sewer Bull
02-06-2007, 01:30 AM
Maybe once in the cinema.

And then DVD. Hell yeah!

Kunoichi_Haruko
02-06-2007, 04:30 AM
:sigh: I'm torn. Part of me wants to watch in theaters at least four times, because the only other movie I've done that for was POTC: Dead Man's Chest, but the other part of me just wants to watch maybe twice and then wear the DVD out when it comes.

Oh and Dragnskull--- That's crazy, but still awesome (wish I had that kind of hook up)!

Spitfire
02-06-2007, 05:57 AM
Don't be cheap you DVD viewers, go see the damn thing at least twice. You want a sequel or not?

I'm going 3 times at very least. I have people I'm dragging along as well.

I saw Spider-man 2 5 times in theaters. 3 normal and 2 IMAX. Not that it needed my money I just liked it a lot. But this I'll support.

bmxbandit
02-06-2007, 06:47 AM
probably twice. then maybe again once it hits the cheapo theaters.

Garou
02-06-2007, 07:21 AM
Not sure. I usually only see a movie in the theatres once, but this one might be an exception. I have two friends who agreed to go with me on the premiere, and then I have some others who can't come that day, but surely will see it later - and then I have to go :P Wouldn't be right to say no to seeing Ninja Turtles, would it?

And then I'm going to see it atleast once a week, when it comes out on DVD. If I can keep myself to seeing it so rarely...

Buslady
02-06-2007, 09:48 AM
I'll probably see it 2-3 times, cause we ALL know by fall it will be on DVD.
I think my record...was Ghostbusters, litterally about 20 times most of that in the $3 matinees way back when it was cheap.

TerranigmaFreak
02-06-2007, 09:52 AM
I'll probably watch it more than once, then watch it a couple more times on DVD.

Lady Venus
02-06-2007, 04:01 PM
If I'm lucky I will see it just one time

hazlov2004
02-06-2007, 04:26 PM
id love to it five times and when i get on dvd hehe

Warhorse
02-06-2007, 04:56 PM
Planning on at least 5. That would best the only movie I've ever seen at the theaters 4 times, 'Independence Day'.

Haha, I too am an Independence Day fan! Saw it about 4 times in the theater as well. It's probably my favorite big blockbuster film of all time. When I got the movie, it spurred me into investing into a surround sound system, which that movie is like the best film to test your system out.

Other movies that I saw multiple times, Turtles one and two (actually, the first Turtle movie was the first film I saw more than once at the theaters!:D ) Starwars films, all of them, all of the Lord of the Rings (I forgot how many times I saw Return of the King) and Black Hawk Down, one of the best real life movies ever made that was adapted from a real life book.

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 05:28 PM
I saw Episode I in the theater 13 times. :D

Ah, that was a good summer.

Rooish
02-06-2007, 05:31 PM
I'll probably see it three times. That was the number I decided on a while back. If it's even better than I expect, maybe I'll go more.

Warhorse
02-06-2007, 05:35 PM
I saw Episode I in the theater 13 times. :D

Ah, that was a good summer.

That was in 2001, right? Now, I didn't see it that many times in the Theater, but it was quite alot. And I still can't figure out why all the so called Star Wars fans did the prequels so much, they're great movies!

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 05:49 PM
That was in 2001, right? Now, I didn't see it that many times in the Theater, but it was quite alot. And I still can't figure out why all the so called Star Wars fans did the prequels so much, they're great movies!

1999. Star Wars was everywhere and gas was $.90/gallon. It was a great, great summer.

And I love all of the prequels.

Raph'N'Roll
02-06-2007, 06:16 PM
Roseangelo:I saw Episode I in the theater 13 times. :D

13 times!!!!
Why would you subject yourself to such an average movie so many times?
I could understand Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, or Terminator, they are absolute classics, but Episode 1?

Anyway back on topic, some people here have said that they are going to see the movie 3-5 times.
Would you not wait until you see the movie first?
After all it could be crap or average, I doubt that this will be the case, but still though, if it was an average movie would you still see it 3-5 times?

If yes, why would you contribute more money to a vision of the TMNT that didn't live up to the potential of the characters?
Take Episode 1 for example, I really disliked that movie and I love Star Wars, but my love of Star Wars wouldn't make me go see an average movie with that name over and over again.

I hope I don't offend anyone with this, but the impression I got is that some fans are going to see TMNT multiple times regardless of it's quality, and this I can't understand.

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 06:20 PM
13 times!!!!
Why would you subject yourself to such an average movie so many times?
I could understand Ghostbusters, Indiana Jones, or Terminator, they are absolute classics, but Episode 1?

1) When all of those movies you mentioned were in theaters I was no where close to being able to drive and having disposable income to spend.

2) Not everyone on the planet hates Episode I (and the prequels in general). I happen to really like it and the lightsaber duel at the end alone was worth every trip to the theater.

Raph'N'Roll
02-06-2007, 06:34 PM
Roseangelo:the lightsaber duel at the end alone was worth every trip to the theater.

That was good alright, the best part of the movie, Darth Maul should have been used more.
I wish the prequels weren't so CGI heavy, and Hayden wasn't cast, he was dreadful.

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 06:45 PM
and Hayden wasn't cast, he was dreadful.

No, he was quite good, actually. It's not Hayden's fault that Anakin was a whiny brat.

There really isn't more that you could do with Maul, as the Sith were not making a full-out attack on the Jedi; they were only revealing themselves. Disappointment is what you're going to get when you get excited over a character you know nothing about before you see the movie.

I wasn't even a year old when Empire came out, but from what I've read it seems like Boba Fett had similar hype and I rarely see people complain about how he didn't do a whole lot, which he didn't. And then he had his pathetic death in Jedi.

cowabunga14
02-06-2007, 07:40 PM
I'd say two or three time in theatres. Seeing as TMNT was the first I got into when I was younger, it's only appropiate to see it more than once.

dripgutz24
02-06-2007, 07:48 PM
At least twice in the theaters the day it comes out.

Warhorse
02-06-2007, 07:55 PM
No, he was quite good, actually. It's not Hayden's fault that Anakin was a whiny brat.

There really isn't more that you could do with Maul, as the Sith were not making a full-out attack on the Jedi; they were only revealing themselves. Disappointment is what you're going to get when you get excited over a character you know nothing about before you see the movie.

I wasn't even a year old when Empire came out, but from what I've read it seems like Boba Fett had similar hype and I rarely see people complain about how he didn't do a whole lot, which he didn't. And then he had his pathetic death in Jedi.

I agree with your statements. I actually liked all of the prequels better than the originals, except for Empire Strikes Back. That movie is in a league all of it's own, with the best cliffhanger I ever saw in a movie!

But the prequels had some pretty bad ass characters. I actually found myself really liking Mace Windu. He was excellently acted by Samual L Jackson. Natalie Portman did a good job with Queen Amidala (Padme) too.
And Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobie. What else can I say.

We got to see the City of Coruscant, the creation of the storm troopers, a really cool Ben Hur type games in Attack of the Clones, and got to see Yoda show that he is capable of more than mastering the force with his mind (this is something that would have been hard to pull of without CGI.

Also, the novels that went with the movies are pretty good too. Revenge of the Sith is probably the best of the novels, and really, when watching that scene when all the Jedi were being exterminated, how could you not get upset by that scene?

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 08:10 PM
But the prequels had some pretty bad ass characters. I actually found myself really liking Mace Windu. He was excellently acted by Samual L Jackson. Natalie Portman did a good job with Queen Amidala (Padme) too. And Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan Kenobie. What else can I say.

I love Obi-Wan; the prequels earned him the title of my favorite SW character (and not just because Ewan is my celebrity boyfriend!!).

Also, the novels that went with the movies are pretty good too. Revenge of the Sith is probably the best of the novels, and really, when watching that scene when all the Jedi were being exterminated, how could you not get upset by that scene?

I can definitely agree with you about the novels. All three of them were very solid with ROTS going far above and beyond the requirements of a novel based on a movie. A lot of parts in ROTS are hard to watch, but I still love the movie.

Buslady
02-06-2007, 08:12 PM
1999. Star Wars was everywhere and gas was $.90/gallon. It was a great, great summer.

And I love all of the prequels.

.90c a gallon!!!!!!!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

It hasn't been that low in 15 years

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
.90c a gallon!!!!!!!!!!:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

It hasn't been that low in 15 years

Maybe not in CA, but in MN it was .90/gallon that summer. Swear to god.

Warhorse
02-06-2007, 08:21 PM
I love Obi-Wan; the prequels earned him the title of my favorite SW character (and not just because Ewan is my celebrity boyfriend!!).

Ahhh. Another Ewan fan! I like him because he isn't afraid to let us ladies have few nicely treated movies like the men do, if you know what I mean!;)

Wow. Amazing how I'm talking about Star Wars in a Ninja Turtle thread. Well, I guess it's all a paradox one way or another.

And the prequel novels are very good. The part where you are reading Obi Wna's realization that Anakin was the one that struck down the temple was something else.

There have also been a series of books based on Obi Wan as a padawan learner in his preteens and teenage years. They are in the kids sections usually. But they are a good read.

Katie
02-06-2007, 08:24 PM
I remember .90 cents a gallon....$13 to fill up my junker on my way out.

I'll probably see it twice....I took that day and the week following off because I thought I was gonna get to go to Vegas........but *sigh* that is no more. Guess I'll sit here in Nashville and enjoy :D

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 08:29 PM
Ahhh. Another Ewan fan! I like him because he isn't afraid to let us ladies have few nicely treated movies like the men do, if you know what I mean!;)

Oh trust me, I know what you mean. ::hides imported, unedited version of Young Adam:: :tangel:

There have also been a series of books based on Obi Wan as a padawan learner in his preteens and teenage years. They are in the kids sections usually. But they are a good read.

Yup, I've read all of those; absolutely love them! Way better than most of the "adult" Star Wars books out there, IMO.

Jo Dawn
02-06-2007, 08:41 PM
I love Obi-Wan; the prequels earned him the title of my favorite SW character

I kinda agree. He's not my favorite... But Ewan's portrayal definitely made him one of my faves!!

...As for the rest... I really, kinda didn't like Mace Windu, actually.

And as for TMNT... I guess it'll depend on my financial abilities and how much I like it. Most likely see it at least twice that opening weekend,though. :)

Roseangelo
02-06-2007, 08:45 PM
...As for the rest... I really, kinda didn't like Mace Windu, actually.

I can agree with you there; he was really not a character I liked. I might have even cheered when he went flying out the window. :D

Jo Dawn
02-06-2007, 08:52 PM
Hehe, me too.

And as for Ewan again ('cause my comp oesn't wanna let me respond at all, much less edit right now...)

ok, seriously? I never thought he was that cute... Until SW. Beards, man. Beards. That part in 3 when Padme is confronting Anakin and he's in the backround? I think I may have darn near swooned.

Raph'N'Roll
02-07-2007, 05:30 PM
Roseangelo:There really isn't more that you could do with Maul, as the Sith were not making a full-out attack on the Jedi; they were only revealing themselves. Disappointment is what you're going to get when you get excited over a character you know nothing about before you see the movie.

I didn't go into the movie excited over Darth Maul, and I knew he only played a small part, but because he played a part in the best scene in the movie and seemed to be a more interesting character than that stupid and tedious droid army, I mearly ment that had he been used more, the movie might have been better for it.

As for Boba Fett, he's the most over hyped and over rated character in the history of Star Wars.
I never understood why there was so much interest expressed by some fans in that character.

What the prequels were missing was a Han Solo Character, a scoundrel, imagine the new TMNT without Raphael.

Kendamu
02-07-2007, 05:45 PM
I'm going to see this movie about 4 times. With me will be my girlfriend who will also see the movie about 4 times.

Other people (besides myself and my girlfriend) for all four viewings:

Viewing 1: One other person.
Viewing 2: Two other people.
Viewing 3: Two other people.
Viewing 4: (at least) Three other people.

All in all, pretending a movie ticket still costs $8 even, these viewings will bring in about $128. Now, if I have the cash, I'll probably go see it at least 4 more times on my own.

Warhorse
02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Oh trust me, I know what you mean. ::hides imported, unedited version of Young Adam:: :tangel:

Yup, I've read all of those; absolutely love them! Way better than most of the "adult" Star Wars books out there, IMO.

I have yet to see Young Adam. But I did see Velvet Goldmine (I thought Ewan looked alot like Curt Cobain) and he was not bashful in that movie at all! But there were some things in that movie I could have done without.

But anyways, will the Turtles be shown in IMAX? I would really like that.

Roseangelo
02-07-2007, 08:22 PM
I have yet to see Young Adam. But I did see Velvet Goldmine (I thought Ewan looked alot like Curt Cobain) and he was not bashful in that movie at all! But there were some things in that movie I could have done without.

But anyways, will the Turtles be shown in IMAX? I would really like that.

I still need to see Velvet Goldmine. And a handful of others, but I've seen most of his. I even have some TV stuff he did before any of his movies.

I HOPE TMNT is shown in IMAX!! It seems most CGI movies end up there, so I really hope TMNT does!!

Whitewolf89
02-07-2007, 08:34 PM
I remember .90 cents a gallon....$13 to fill up my junker on my way out.

*chuckles* Not to brag, OR ANYTHING, but I remember when it was around .50 a gallon (hey, cut me a break! I'll be 50 Friday, and this was back when I was in high school! (In the mid-70s.)), and my MOM remembers when it was just .25 a gallon (but she's 67). I was just a LITTLE kid then.

I'll probably see it twice....I took that day and the week following off because I thought I was gonna get to go to Vegas........but *sigh* that is no more. Guess I'll sit here in Nashville and enjoy :D

I hope to get to see it AT LEAST once in the theatres (adult admission to our MAIN one, The Glass Sword, is $6.50), but we DO have a smaller one that only charges $3.50 (I think) per adult for admission. Heck, I might just see if I can't go MORE than once there. It WOULDN'T be as expensive as at the big one, which is a plus.

On the DOWN-side with THIS one; it's on the other side of town, so we'd have to drive to it. And it only has TWO movie-sections. The Glass Sword (which has SIX) is close enough that I can literally WALK to it IF I absolutely HAVE to (it's literally just a coupla three blocks from my house). Which I probably won't.;) :D

AND, of course, I plan on getting the DVD when it comes out and watching it A LOT!:lol: Just like most of you guys.

TheGreenMagic
02-08-2007, 06:22 AM
Generally I don't watch movies more than once in theaters. There are exceptions, however... and this'll probably be one of them. I figure I'll probably see it two or three times at least.

Rooish
02-08-2007, 09:33 AM
Guys, I have a dilemma. I don't know whether I should bring friends with me when I see the movie for the first time, or not. I do not know anyone who really loves the TMNT. I have friends who used to love the TMNT, and they appreciate (and find it insanely adorable) that I still love the TMNT, and they even listen with amused yet empathetic interest to my monologues about the individual turtles' personalities and how much the TMNT mean to me. But I'm worried that, if I bring them to see the movie, I'll be having a really emotional experience watching it, and they will be scoffing at Mikey's jokes or any kiddie stuff or bad voice acting that might happen... ugh. And then I'll be worried that they don't like it. Should I go alone?

Kendamu
02-08-2007, 11:04 AM
If they appreciate your interest then they shouldn't be a problem.

Roseangelo
02-08-2007, 06:52 PM
Guys, I have a dilemma. I don't know whether I should bring friends with me when I see the movie for the first time, or not. I do not know anyone who really loves the TMNT. I have friends who used to love the TMNT, and they appreciate (and find it insanely adorable) that I still love the TMNT, and they even listen with amused yet empathetic interest to my monologues about the individual turtles' personalities and how much the TMNT mean to me. But I'm worried that, if I bring them to see the movie, I'll be having a really emotional experience watching it, and they will be scoffing at Mikey's jokes or any kiddie stuff or bad voice acting that might happen... ugh. And then I'll be worried that they don't like it. Should I go alone?

Honestly, if I wasn't going with hardcore fans/friends, I would see it by myself without question. At least for the first time. Maybe invite friends with as an excuse to see it again. :)

Sonic777
02-08-2007, 06:55 PM
See it 3 times.I love the monsters and the stone warriors.Leo and raph battleing each other is going to be sweet.

Rooish
02-08-2007, 07:56 PM
Thanks for the advice. :)

invictus1002
02-24-2007, 10:44 AM
atleast twice. i want a sequel so im going to contribute. i need tmnt to stay alive forever. people need to go see this movie numerous times so it does well

DrSpengler
02-24-2007, 11:09 AM
The ony movie I ever volunterilly saw twice in theaters (as in, my friends didn't make me go see it with them again) was Freddy vs. Jason. After waiting 11 years, I wanted to savor every moment. Twice.

I'll see TMNT once, write my review for work and then, if I liked it, buy the DVD.

Splinter's Iroonna
02-24-2007, 12:14 PM
It has been so long since I used to go to repeated showings. "Young Frankenstein" (my friend and I went regularly-- we would do the dialogue), "Star Wars" (the first one), a few others I can't recall...

Recent movies? I really can't think of one, though I know I have been twice to see a few-- "Master and Commander" I know for sure.

But this one? I plan on at LEAST three times! The first on that Friday with a group of people (FINALLY! I'll see something with others instead of being alone), and then prolly again on Saturday by myself. The third time? *shrugs* But there WILL be a third time! I want a sequel as well.

And I think the guarentee of a sequel will be if this one has "legs", and can stay in the top 10 for many weeks.

Wes
02-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Unless it is super-duper fantabulous, I'm pretty sure I'll only see it once in the theater... if that. I'm not a fan of theaters to begin with (they're always so cold, I cannot pause/rewind the movie, etc. etc.), and I'm betting that TMNT will have all sorts of kids (or overzealous adult fans :P) shouting and cheering and thoroughly ruining the experience for me. So I may decide to just stay home, watch the movies (except III, ugh) and cartoon episodes, and wait for the DVD release.